Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

2015 Elections: My One Vote, My Convictions And My Sacrifice! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections: My One Vote, My Convictions And My Sacrifice! (688 Views)

EFCC Has Secured 140 Convictions, Recovered Billions Of Dollars In 6 Months-magu / 2015 Elections: My Perception About The Yorubas! / Fani-kayode To Obasanjo: You Have Only One Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Elections: My One Vote, My Convictions And My Sacrifice! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 27, 2015
My Trip
Early this morning, I packed some few things I would need!
Drove to my Mechanic to check the car for one or two things.
Then drove to a filling station and got the tank filled.
I was set, as I adjusted the seat properly for long distance driving.
I fastened the seat belt and hit the road.
It is a trip like never before! I never imagined I could travel on the eve of an election from a very peaceful an comfortable environment to a volatile one.
It is a journey of about 200 Kilometers from some where in Anambra to Port Harcourt Rivers State.
During the packing, I made double sure I had my PVC.
I could forget every other thing, including my laptop (my mobile office), but not the PVC.
Re: 2015 Elections: My One Vote, My Convictions And My Sacrifice! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 27, 2015
Anambra

I was resident in Port Harcourt during the registration of eligible voters in 2010/2011.
I registered in Port Harcourt and equally voted then.

Sometime this last year, I had reasons to move closer home! Anambra is home!
The policies of the Jonathan administration is enabling serious minded individuals in Anambra towards industrialization. The State is climbing heights. It is a silent revolution.

Being convinced that Africa is not yet free, I am one of those who are pursuing for made in African goods.
I will gladly wear Made in Aba shoe and suffer the consequences than to import shoes form Italy:
Making the Italians richer, while we get poorer. Call me names if you like, but China became great because they banned importations and Made "imitations"!

It gave me joy to see visit Innoson Motors, Chicason Group of companies and others.
This is where I belong!

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: My One Vote, My Convictions And My Sacrifice! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 27, 2015
My Convictions:

Let me say this:
Until Africans stop selling our natural resources to buy food and weapons from the so called developed nations, we shall remain in darkness.

It is time to stop the madness of importation and embrace the philosophy of production! Somebody should please tell me this: why cant we at least produce our food?

Africa is mentally sick!

Any way, I am glad good things are happening now.
Better things are coming.
Thanks to a Leader Like Jonathan!

Forget politics, forget propaganda, Jonathan has made Nigeria and Africa Proud!
Okay, I am sorry, Jonathan has made me proud!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: My One Vote, My Convictions And My Sacrifice! by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 27, 2015
My One Vote:
For a job well done, I owe Jonathan my vote! My one powerful and all important vote!
That would not have been an issue, but I am now in Anambra and not Rivers!
How would I cast my vote?

1 Like

Re: 2015 Elections: My One Vote, My Convictions And My Sacrifice! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 27, 2015
My PVC

When it was time to collect the PVC, I took the car fueled it, and drove to Port Harcourt.
Located the INEC office where I was to collect the PVC!

That was in December 2014.
"Sorry, collection of PVCs has been postponed till next" was the information I got from one fierce looking Mopol.

"Why is that?" I asked.

He informed me there was serious fight two days earlier. People were trouping to collect their PVCs but they ended up being frustrated. Getting the PVC was like getting an American Visa (lol: Africans and America)!

Well, I was disappointed and annoyed. To and from costs me full tank of about N6,000.00), plus feeding and other logistics (I have a place to lay head).

I went back to Anambra confused. Would I go back for the PVC or do I leave it?

January came!

Do I go for the PVC or not?
One evening, I got so charged up with my convictions! I need Jonathan to continue.
The only way I could that is through my One vote!

The following day, I took the car out. Got it ready, drove to a filling station,filled it up and hit the road.
Port Harcourt, here I come.

when I reached, I learnt INEC had discentralized the collection of the PVCs.
It was to be done ward by ward.

The following day, I set out early (as early as 6am) in search of the location of where I would collect my PVC.

I got it around 8.00am and was the first to arrive (both for the INEC staffs and PVC hunters).

Soon, PVC hunters started arriving with no sign of INEC staffs.
One hour passed, two hours, three hours!!! No sign of INEC staff!

People got angry, and started discussing politics.
I told them my mind:

Africans are dumb! Simple!
Must we choose our leaders the way the white does?
Must we copy them?
Every of our thing is artificial!

Our school system is artificial:

that is why we study Agriculture yet we cant produce our food.
Our Engineers are in the banks counting money!
Our pharmacists are drug dispensers.

It is a shame!

Our dream is to drive cars and not to produce!
We import weapons to kill ourselves.
When will African produce weapons and sell them to the US,UK, UN or any other U?

Africans are dumb!

Must we choose our leaders the way the white man does?
that something works in the US or UK does not mean it will work here!
We are different from the whiteman!

some people were laughing at me to scorn!
They said, "bros, you are wasting your time! There is nothing you can do"

Well, what do you think?

Having waited for long, Some people left by then,

As for me, I was prepared to wait!
I had a bottle of water with me. I don't eat junk food. So I was ready to wait without food till evening.
I was ready to return the following day!
Jonathan need my ONE vote and I was ready to pay any price to give it to him!
Any way, we queued up! But they asked us to make photocopies of the TVC!
This we did and soon it was my turn!
They searched and got mine!
Hurray! I was the envy of several people!
Some where told their center of collection was different, others were told their biometrics were not properly captured while some others were told their PVCs had not yet arrived.
You could see disappointments, anger and frustrations on several faces.

As then, election was to be on the 14th of February. When I got my PVC, it was less than 30 days to the election.

I went back to Anambra,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: My One Vote, My Convictions And My Sacrifice! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 27, 2015
To Vote or Not to vote:

People are running from flash points to safe havens over this election!
Rivers state (Port Harcourt in particular) is a flash point!
Is not crazy to leave my comfort zone for a place that has danger boldly written?

Yet, Jonathan needs my ONE vote!
As soon as arrived, I was greated with the news of shooting and running!
There are two versions:
APC version: Amechi visited this community in ObiaAkpor and wike sent his boys to kill him! (The Nation said it was Jonathan)
PDP version: Amechi visited a community he neglected during his 8 years in power and the youths came to protest against him, then his boys started shooting.
The Noblezone Version: Africans are dumb! We sell our natural resources to buy gun from the white man to kill ourselves. They get richer, we get poorer. The live long, we die young!
Re: 2015 Elections: My One Vote, My Convictions And My Sacrifice! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 27, 2015
March 28:

I am here now! With no other purpose than to cast my ONE vote!
And in my convictions to cast it for JONATHAN!

Cheers to all!
Re: 2015 Elections: My One Vote, My Convictions And My Sacrifice! by munex007(m): 8:57pm On Mar 27, 2015
Cool story sir..

Even though FG didn't give us election Break..I travelled down from Benin to Lagos on Thurs..I missed an important class this morning..

I spent 6month @ Home due to strike...I read most of the time with Lamp due to epileptic power supply..My Mum expend an average of #30,000/month on PMS for her Generator..I know people that are victim of the unemployment rate

The Automotive policy you cited can be achieve by any reasonable Govt..We should thank the Young man for the idea..You will be surprise to know how much innoson expend on diesel..

As an Accounting student the most important thing a cost accountant want to reduce is the Overhead cost...Dangote expend more than N80 billion on diesel,imagine the impact of that sum on their profit if there is stable power..

"If I can’t improve on power within this(1st term)period,it then means I cannot do anything even if I am there for the next 4 years"~ GEJ

I will take a chance with Buhari over the next 4 years because he his likely to succeed or fail. Jonathan can only FAIL

I have been checking my PVC since morning and can't wait till Sat...Have been doing a lot of offline and online re orientation and with God Victory will be Ours..

I'm not paid by anyone infact I have refused money from a grassroot politician..I'm doing this for my future and the future of the coming generation..

#SaiBaba

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Elections: My One Vote, My Convictions And My Sacrifice! by dein77(m): 9:05pm On Mar 27, 2015
noblezone:
My Convictions:

Let me say this:
Until Africans stop selling our natural resources to buy food and weapons from the so called developed nations, we shall remain in darkness.

It is time to stop the madness of importation and embrace the philosophy of production! Somebody should please tell me this: why cant we at least produce our food?

Africa is mentally sick!

Any way, I am glad good things are happening now.
Better things are coming.
Thanks to a Leader Like Jonathan!

Forget politics, forget propaganda, Jonathan has made Nigeria and Africa Proud!
Okay, I am sorry, Jonathan has made me proud!!!!!

Indeed, we are a sick people. We only consume, not produce. The consumer is perpetually at the mercy of the producer!
Re: 2015 Elections: My One Vote, My Convictions And My Sacrifice! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 27, 2015
munex007:
Cool story sir..

Even though FG didn't give us election Break..I travelled down from Benin to Lagos on Thurs..I missed an important class this morning..

I spent 6month @ Home due to strike...I read most of the time with Lamp due to epileptic power supply..My Mum expend an average of #30,000/month on PMS for her Generator..I know people that are victim of the unemployment rate

The Automotive policy you cited can be achieve by any reasonable Govt..We should thank the Young man for the idea..You will be surprise to know how much innoson expend on diesel..

As an Accounting student the most important thing a cost accountant want to reduce is the Overhead cost...Dangote expend more than N80 billion on diesel,imagine the impact of that sum on their profit if there is stable power..

"If I can’t improve on power within this(1st term)period,it then means I cannot do anything even if I am there for the next 4 years"~ GEJ

I will take a chance with Buhari over the next 4 years because he his likely to succeed or fail. Jonathan can only FAIL

I have been checking my PVC since morning and can't wait till Sat...Have been doing a lot of offline and online re orientation and with God Victory will be Ours..

I'm not paid by anyone infact I have refused money from a grassroot politician..I'm doing this for my future and the future of the coming generation..

#SaiBaba

There is something so many of you do not understand bout the power sector and Nigerians.

The power sector is sabotaged by Nigerians,
NEPA officials prefer to collect bills into their pockets and also receive salary from the Federal government.
It s now in the hands of private sector, that is the best approach to it.

The improvement will surely come.

The only way to move the telecom sector was to put it into the hands of private investors.
Nitel died a natural death.

The only reason you have not seen massive improvement is because of monopoly.
Ha it been its like in the GSM market where you have options, it wont be this way.

All the same, I respect your convictions!
If Buhari wins you will have my congratulations, then we shall sit still and see how Nigeria will turn be,
If Jonathan wins, please don't fail to congratulate me. there will sill be problems if he wons, but Jonathan is a better choice than Buhari,

You don't know Buhari, i know him! I saw him in 1985 and I know what he did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015 Elections: My One Vote, My Convictions And My Sacrifice! by munex007(m): 10:19pm On Mar 27, 2015
Yes I was a sperm when he ruled..But as a student of knowledge have met different Elders that was matured as at then and asked about his regime in relation to geh regime ..Worst!!what most of them told me "He was very discipline and iron fisted" and detest corruption..I remember a septuagenarian that I met on BRT he mention some coys that have long left Nigeria and how he make sure that Government Asset was not used misused..I also research about his Economic philosophy infact you can read on wikipedia "Buharinism"..He refused to devalue the Naira even when pressurised by the western world..His fiscal discpline and cutting of excessive wastage..

Sir! Power stability is not Rocket science the main thing is corruption ..Power generation was at 4000 megawatts as at 2007, today its still around 4500 megawatts despite spend close to $30 billion

Power sector is divided into Generation, Transmission and Distribution..I need to correct you sir that he only privatise the Distribution arm a lot of people have misconception that he privatise the whole sector..

I don't have any personal beef for him,above his belief and ethnicity we voted en masse for him 2011 cos we believed as someone without no shoe he will understand how it feels to be shoeless..He was power drunk..

Sir only rigging can make gej win!(Which PVC will curb))..I have done about 10 litmus tests with persons with PVC and the result ratio is 8:2 in favour of GMB..

There is nothing I can say to convince you to change your mind but ask

To compare gej to GMB in terms of Leadership skills,charisma,experience,Integrity,ability to choose technocractic talent? The comparison is like throwing a ring in the desert!!

Can I ask why you scared of Buhari presidency?

noblezone:

There is something so many of you do not understand bout the power sector and Nigerians.

The power sector is sabotaged by Nigerians,
NEPA officials prefer to collect bills into their pockets and also receive salary from the Federal government.
It s now in the hands of private sector, that is the best approach to it.

The improvement will surely come.

The only way to move the telecom sector was to put it into the hands of private investors.
Nitel died a natural death.

The only reason you have not seen massive improvement is because of monopoly.
Ha it been its like in the GSM market where you have options, it wont be this way.

All the same, I respect your convictions!
If Buhari wins you will have my congratulations, then we shall sit still and see how Nigeria will turn be,
If Jonathan wins, please don't fail to congratulate me. there will sill be problems if he wons, but Jonathan is a better choice than Buhari,

You don't know Buhari, i know him! I saw him in 1985 and I know what he did.

(1) (Reply)

My Boss Insist I Come To Work On Election Day! 28th March, 2015 / Nigeria Decides: We Are Yet To Announce Benue Result -INEC / Pls What Is The Voting Power For Delta???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.