Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,530 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. - Literature (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. (154237 Views)

DAYO'S ANGEL( Love, Lust And Betrayal) / Ikádä(throne Of Love): War, Betrayal, Lust,ambition By Angelsss / How Lust For A Teenage Girl Ruined The Life Of An Innocent Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 1:35am On Oct 12, 2015
She wiped her hands with the napkin soon as she had finished wiping the plates and placing them back in the crockery cupboard. She moved to the sink to remove the napkin she had used to wipe the plates, after which - she spread both napkins on the line made available in the kitchen.

The moment she turned to leave the kitchen, she saw her husband standing at the door, somewhat perplexed. Fear gripped her a bit at how she saw him look. Was something wrong? Or has something gone wrong that he was hiding? It seemed obvious with the way he looked pale across the dining.

“Rabbatul Bait, sorry for startling you this way.” He paused, thinking when last he had called her by that title `Rabbatul Bait' (queen of the house). This occasion called for whatever sweet name or title he could recall, he thought.

He gazed at the crockery cupboard etched at a specific location on the wall beneath where the sink was. He made attempt to pile-up courage by drawing fresh breath, then - proceeded.

“I meant to ask if Mariam gave you anything at all, a file?” His heart-beat leapt constantly as he finally let out the question.

He tried to step back a little as he saw her right hand resting on the ceramic table, close by - where cutlery hung. Sweats formed rapidly around his neck. He expected the unimaginable.

“Is that what you were thinking about over the dining - that you couldn't let out? And it caused you not to have appetite?” She smiled, inquiringly.

A certain surge took place in Salisu's throat that prevented him from answering. He felt he had been found out. But he was quite amazed at the way his wife was reacting to the matter. She was smiling. Wow! He exclaimed.

He should have averted this trouble the first place by opening up to her and plead her forgiveness, he thought. Oh, what a wonderful and blessed wife he had! What an understandable wife he had married. She had just found out his promiscuity yet she was taking it as nothing. Even his intended abuse of Mariam's pride didn't even strain her to get mad at him.

He was still bubbling in the aura of praises for his wife when she drew close to him and encased his cheeks between her palms.

“Baby, Mariam didn't give me anything for you. And I haven't set my eyes on her the past few weeks, after the last meeting.” She finished.

Her words made Salisu an astounded dummy. What the hell? So she hadn't even found out yet? His eyeballs shot out in perplexity. He quickly brought himself under control. He needed to get going now, needed to make sure they be on the look out on how to find Mariam and secure the recording before it gets to her. He needed to get on the next boat to Takwa-bay beach.

“Alhaji, what is it?” She asked, puzzled at his looks.

He grinned sardonically and said, “nothing dear, nothing. I need to go out now”

“But what is it you have with Mariam, that you are inquiring about?”

She brought down her hands from his cheeks, facing him sullenly. Then before she could let him answer the first question, she made an attempt to ask another.

“What...?”

He cut her short, “what do you mean by that?” He examined her curiously.

Sudors were poring out of his skin. He felt his wife was suspicious. How would she ask such question if she wasn't? She was too intelligent to doubt her smartness.

“I meant, what document is it you want to collect from her.” She spoke softly, trying not to offend whom she thought was already in ire.

She was also suspicious of her husband because if nothing was fishy, he wouldn't have asked such question by what she meant. Mariam was his niece, so she wasn't sure to what extent Salisu's thoughts were running.

Her husband being a wise man, quickly controlled the situation by kissing her forehead, between where the red dot was darted. He held her shoulder-pad.

“Oh dear. It is nothing.” He smiled conspiratorially and continued, “you see, I don't want you to have anything with that girl.”

“But why? She is your niece!” She said, eyes aglow. But he had already gone out of her presence, out of the room.

She walked out of the kitchen and sat on the sofa in the sitting-room. She wasn't sure what her husband was up to lately but she hoped it was nothing implicating. And why was he saying I should avoid his niece?

She tried to ransack her brain if Mariam had ever acted in such a way someone could avoid, but she couldn't see any. Mariam was as friendly as ever, always smiling and there was never a dull moment with her. She always had something to gist about.

However, she tried to be a reserved wife she had always been; who harkens (hearkens) to her husband's words. She resolved she was going to obey him - following the Islamic injunction; what Allah required of every wife.

She liven up and stood to go about her business when a call came through her phone.

“Hello Mama Mariam” She spoke in Guinea.

“You mean Mariam is not back yet from school since yesterday?” She moved to face the wall clock and stared in bewilderment.

“I will be with you right away.” She said and ended the call, running into the bedroom to pick her purse.

She thought about calling Salisu but there was no airtime. She reasoned he might have gotten the gist, so she bothered not to make any attempt to get airtime on her phone - as she dashed out of the room, en route Mariam's house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by tpmaishah(f): 3:17am On Oct 12, 2015
Tanx for d update more grease to ur elbow
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 8:25pm On Oct 12, 2015
tpmaishah:
Tanx for d update more grease to ur elbow

Thanks so much dear. Your comment goes a long way to inspire me.

Welcome. smiley
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Andropod(m): 7:32am On Oct 13, 2015
op,i would like to get aquainted with you,add me up on facebook @ajibodun anthony oluwaseyi or via whatapps @09038736670
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 8:02am On Oct 13, 2015
Andropod:
op,i would like to get aquainted with you,add me up on facebook @ajibodun anthony oluwaseyi or via whatapps @09038736670

Contacted boss.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 8:05am On Oct 13, 2015
Hi guyz,

Updates drops tonight or very early tomorrow morning. I will be travelling to Ibadan for my clearance exercise this morning. Please help me with your prayers. Though my clearance is Thursday, I need your prayers much.

Thanks In anticipation. smiley
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by kwencypresh(f): 8:14am On Oct 13, 2015
Fembleez1:
Hi guyz,

Updates drops tonight or very early tomorrow morning. I will be travelling to Ibadan for my clearance exercise this morning. Please help me with your prayers. Though my clearance is Thursday, I need your prayers much.

Good luck dear
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Afz9095(m): 9:14am On Oct 13, 2015
Fembleez1:
Hi guyz,

safe journey nd gud luck
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Andropod(m): 2:07pm On Oct 13, 2015
Fembleez1:

Contacted boss.
yeah...seen.thanks

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 3:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
kwencypresh:
Good luck dear

Thanks much dear. smiley
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 3:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
Afz9095:
safe journey nd gud luck

Thanks boss. smiley
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 3:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
Fifteen minutes later he was already on board a boat close to the Jetty. Just some few speed ahead and they will be at the shores of the Takwa-Bay beach - where they had planned to meet.

Lining the waters some few distant away was a rock-like barricade. It seemed to divide the lagoon waters from the sea. Some few ships were far off, like a smudge on a landscape painting; almost invisibly small.

The only closest ship was just beating the waters behind slowly. Her name was DESERT PEACE; painted a black and smeared with some grey patches; her name inscribed with a white paint. Other boats, though dotted across the water, also navigated their way towards their destination - to and fro.

The boat came to a stop at the beach 75 seconds later and he pulled the buckles of his life-jacket off; stepping out of the boat; passing the jacket above his head and handing it to the boatman. He walked on the few shingles after the boat and came on the beach-fine-sand; flouncing ahead, his trainers drawing him back by the sand; pressing his phone to get in touch with his friend.

“Hello Danlami. I don reach. Where una dey?...oh,......okay, I dey come that side now.” He ended the call, turned to look back if anyone was trailing him, but seeing no one he knew in particular, he faced forward and doubled steps.

Striding along, he came by white-men in their sun shades; blonde-haired men; beach knickers hung on their waist below hairy-bulging-tommy: their foots were daub with sand.

They looked out into the beach at one of their friends who rode a bike boat. One of them brought out a pack of cigratte; fingered one out and lit it, taking few puffs afterwards. He watched the smoke lifting up into the air within his black shades and it amazed him in particular how the smoke appeared somewhat syrup-like colour, behind his glasses.

Thereabouts were others playing Volleyball and some, footballs. Females joined in the game, running like there was a stampede. Others were in the waters, cooling themselves off with loved ones.

As he came past few beach umbrellas that shielded those who took relaxation under it, he saw some ladies dancing like strippers in front of their spectators. He felt enticed with the way they jerked their asses. No, he felt he needed to ask them the way to where he was headed but spitefully, he ignored them - knowing fully well what situation he was in. He couldn't even take the chance at all.

He spoke with some idle boys and they gave him directions to where he was heading. When he had come pass some Coconut trees, he saw some ladies emerging from a hut, dressed in their Bikinis, their cunts puffing out. They bade a Salisu who was dressed in a black jeans and a purple shirt, on a nice black trainers - hi, but he looked at them, irked.

Sighting an open hut with iron railings ahead; he saw 3 men and he bespoke that must be the people he was going to meet. He hurried ahead angered, already knowing what he was going to do.

“Guy, wetin happen?” He grabbed Blacky on the collar of his shirt aggressively, shouting at the top of his voice. He almost pushed Blacky out - over the railings.

“Salisu, cool down abeg,” was the plead that came from Danlami, whom himself had reacted than Salisu was doing, “Calm down.”

Once he had gotten hold of his rile and released Blacky from his grapple; Blacky straighten his roughened collar and shook his head as though he was just respecting Danlami not to have reacted.

Salisu later flopped impatiently into a white plastic chair beside Danlami across the table of beers.

“Black, oya explain everything you yarn - make Salisu self hear with him two ears.” He instructed after he had taken a sip of beer; remnant foam hung below his nose like a moustache.

After having narrated all what had happened and had appeared elusive on their mission, he concluded, “as I said, it is either someone else knows about our plot or the girl was just too smart.”

“Can you just hear the nonsense, absolute poppycock you just uttered,” He declared rather than ask, “that brat,..........too smart for you, gosh!”

He looked at Danlami with inquiring stares, as though asking him the competence of those he had praised so much. Then taking his eyes to Blacky, and off to his colleague, who had maintained silence since. This one bent his head down, like someone who had just been duped. He didn't really know what to begin with or whom to face.

“And for God sake, you were on a mission. What stupidity could have prompted you to take alcohol.”

It was more like an exclamation than a question but Salisu paused as if he was expecting a reply. When he noticed no one spoke, not even a lips twitch to make an attempt, he shook his head in disgust; his face had wane into sullenness.

Danlami cleared his throat to break the silence and spoke, “see Salisu, if I tell you I'm not disappointed myself at these fools, then I might appear as though I were trying to shield them, to cover for them.

But I was wrong all along. I was totally misinformed about their bravery. These ones are just cowards. I never thought they could bleep up like this. I was wrong - I tell you, I was wrong.”

He looked disjointedly at the two men and implied they were not who he knew before. They had failed him terribly and he felt like drawing out his gun to aim at both men at two close shots to the forehead. But he swallowed his bitterness. He shielded his red eyes and felt he needed not act on impulse right now.

“We can only think of a way forward right now. What do you think we do, Salisu?” He turned to face him, yet Salisu appeared not to be paying attention.

He knew he was done for already. He shouldn't have threatened Mariam the first place. He shouldn't have tried to molest her, tried to stop her from having fun with that guy. But he knew he had to step in that day because Mariam was powerless. What if he had not interfered and Mariam had been harmed? Oh, what stupidity he felt now. He should have avoided all this - that long, that very day. May be involving Danlami and these nutty fools were the gravest mistake he had ever made in his life.

Again, he thought; these two before him were saying Mariam had outsmart them. That pointed to a fact, he became obliterated from his obliviousness; Mariam might as well make a move, if truly she had outsmart them and was at large, taking shelter somewhere with one of her friends.

Still, as the idea of what next step to take was coming to his mind, he said, “they should suggest, cause they caused this mess.”

His phone beeped that moment. He interrupted Blacky with his left hand and held the phone with his right; skimming over the message that had just been received from Mariam's mother: Mariam had not returned from school and all friends she was known with said she hadn't slept over.

“Take this,” he commanded, handing the phone to Danlami - who in turn handed it to Blacky after he had read it.

Now, all the thought Salisu was having in his mind may be Mariam was taking refuge with a friend blotted out of his mind, his memory. He was perspiring heavily, his shirt shown patches of sweats all about. What was left to think of now? What clue? He almost wept.

“You see, the girl has not even returned and she is nowhere to be found.” Salisu spoke with broken voice. This was getting out of his grip, out of what he had planned to achieve and that was all. He grit his teeth, sadly.

“Are you sure about this message?” Was the stupid question that spurted out of Blacky's mouth. You could swear the `wolfish' look Danlami and Salisu gave him. Their eyes prowl in rile like someone waiting to pounce on their prey.

“Guy, you be fool? You no see say na now the message enter?” His colleague interfered in the hostile air. But Blacky clenched his fist, standing in front of his mate who shrieked.

Danlami rose up, pointing a pistol he had removed from underneath his clothing towards the two.

“It is either you both find the girl's whereabouts in the next 48hours or consider yourselves dead.”

He threatened moving closer to them, “you heard what I said, 48 hours!!!”

He pushed Blacky's head away with the pistol, demanded for the phone with his left palm, still pointing the gun. He ordered Salisu to join him as he strolled out of the hut.

Some birds fluttered their feathers above. Leaves rustled across the sand and on the Coconut trees, dried palms whispered against the trunk. The environment obeyed the wind the wave had brought from sea. The clothes of the two men also pattered against their body.

Danlami made no hesitation to ask Salisu if he hadn't leak the plot out to anybody but he replied with negative assuring nod. When few silence had succeeded, he spoke up later.

“Wait,” they both stopped walking, “I think this girl who fought with her at the Park might have taken her captive.”

“What girl are you talking about?” Inquired Danlami, surprised.

“The girl she was dragging a boyfriend with. Hmmmmmm,.....” He engaged his thoughts for a moment, then it struck him, “Felicia is her name. I heard she is dangerous. And my guess is that, she might be - more than spoken about.

And again, I seemed to have been suspecting that boy too, I mean Marvellous or Merlin or whatever his name his. Yes, Melvin! She might have confided in that boy and who knows what they might have planned together.” Salisu concluded.

“That makes it the fourth suspect.” Danlami put in sharply and started walking back to the hut they just left; stepping over a pile of horse faeces that stained the sand.

“First, I suspect the woman who sold Vino Tinto to them and second, the girl who had sold information to them for some money,” seeing that Salisu seemed not to know who he was talking about, he explained, “I mean the school girl who collected money from them, to give info about Mariam and the guy.”

Danlami used his finger to tap his lips `officiously' like a boss at detective games. He knew Salisu couldn't really grasp he was referring to the slim girl Blacky had spoken about; RADIO NIGERIA. She might as well have spoken to Mariam after she had sold information about her to them. Such foolish wench, he cursed and grinned resentfully.

Pondering over split milk were Blacky and his mate: heads bowed down in their palms as what next to do. They had been threatened and knew, if they didn't act swiftly, death was lurking around the corner in the next 48 hours. When one of them had lifted his head, he tapped the other to give clue Danlami and Salisu were coming back. They rose to their feet and prom back to the railings they had stood before.

Salisu paced to catch up with Danlami, whose walk had become jaunty.

“And the other two suspects,” Salisu put in with complete enthusiasm at his brilliance, “Felicia and the Melvin guy?”

“You couldn't have conjectured any better!” Danlami demeanor announced to Salisu there might be a way out of their misery.

Once he had strode in, he instructed with confidence and authority, “you have the mistresses that sold you Vino Tinto and info about Mariam to start, then Felicia whom you can get info about too, in the school complex. Then Melvin, finally."

Not considering the school had gone on holiday already, he bade them, “get started immediately.”
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 15, 2015
I love this write up.....keep it up op, more ink to ur pen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 10:27am On Oct 16, 2015
Olamilekan24434:
I love this write up.....keep it up op, more ink to ur pen

Thank you so much bro. Welcome smiley
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Krystalluv(f): 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2015
Whao! What an interesting write up.. I wish I had started with the writer from the beginning.. Buh it is a must read for me #Just on page ten.... Nice one Mr Fem. More power to your elbow #I must catch up with the present page..
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 10:53pm On Oct 17, 2015
Update drops tonight before I sleep. I'm sorry guyz.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
Episode 2, Part 2.

The following morning, it was so cold, the chilling breeze that blew made known the worst harmattan season. The environment appeared white, no one could see anything surface from a distance, except one approached at a close range. The houses weren't visible, neither were the electricity poles. If one wasn't careful enough, one could bump into a pole or hit ones head on a wall.

Waters got cold, they almost were turning into ice. Even the freezers were clamouring that they shouldn't be plugged into electricity. Ice formed out of proportion from different compartment, leaving no space for storage at all.

When she had gotten up that morning, it had been really hard for her to take her bathe. She had heated almost 3 kettles of water simultaneously but before she could finish emptying the water in her bathe bucket; they got cold. She had took refuge underneath her blanket, gritting her teeth and shaking as though she were in south pole. Her mum had called several times on her to get her silly ass up and take her bathe but she had protested raising her voice.

Moments later, when she had managed to get some hot water, she stepped into the bathroom to wash herself up. Afterwards when she greased her body up, waited some minute, lying on her bed and later rose to her feet. She paced to the dressing table to cream again.

She stared in the mirror for long, thinking if she might get white like other people do; mostly black people. She imagined how their faces looked so white like a fresh ghost risen from the vault. But she couldn't go white cause of the colour of her skin. The least she could, was a dry lips or throat and which she was already experiencing. She picked up a lips-gloss and rubbed it across her lips, using the upper part to caress the lower part of her lips.

She removed her towel and put her undies on, then she proceeded to her wardrobe. Searched through the compartment of clothes she had folded - for the clothes she could put on. She got confused; checking this, preferring it, then setting it aside to check another one. She did so with almost all the clothes that she had well arranged and folded after she had brought them back from the line, were now in disarray.

She came across a Yellow Chiffon blouse and fell in love with it. She brought it out, with another skinny blue jeans. It took a good lot of time before she got the skinnies on and she said in her mind that, she was already outgrowing her clothes. She smiled and put on her Chiffon blouse after another black underwear.

Timely, when she had gone to sit on her bed, leaving the wardrobe open, she remembered Mariam's mother's call the other night. She had complained greatly why Fatimah hadn't even called to ask about her friend. Fatimah almost went dead. What had happened to Mariam? She had imagined many things until her mother told her she hadn't returned yet since two days back. What about the dream she had? Hope things weren't going to happen the way she had dreamt it?

However, when she was still contemplating after Mariam's mother had ended the call. She remembered the phone that had been given to her and her heartbeat rose rapidly. She thought about the possibilities Mariam might have been having the fun of her life with Melvin to the extent her phone fell without her notice. That frail girl, she cursed inward.

Derision filled her mind for Mariam, remembering how their friendship had ended. Then it wasn't all right again as the thought proceeded. Mariam's mama just called saying she hadn't returned. Might Melvin have held her back at his house? That was impossible to think, she retorted.

She buried her fritz head between her palms and sobbed. She slid her palms down below her nose and sniffed back the mucus that were slobbering down right into her mouth. A faint lustre lurk in her eyeballs. She blinked repeatedly, trying to put to check - the tears from flowing much. Drops of tears rolled down on her jeans.

She rose up as quick as a wink, trotted towards her wardrobe. She opened and searched through hung loads of her clobbers; stopping to examine one at a close range before pushing it aside. She started flicking through again. When she came by a wool turtle neck jacket, she brought it out; removed the hanger and sauntered towards the door, pulling it on graciously.

She dropped the hanger at one side of her bed, picked her bag up; went out and shut the door behind her.

The moment she had entered the Bar's compound, she had made bold her determination to follow the rehearsal she had along the way; to bridle her emotions no matter what. She tried to sum courage up, not to betray herself to tears in the presence of Mariam's mother. Moreover, she was supposed to be consoling her - Mariam would be fine and be back home soon. But when? She asked herself as she stood in front of the door for minutes, unable to fine an answer to the mysterious question.

Entering the sitting room, she greeted absent-mindedly and made for the Mrs. Bar's bedroom. She never knew her Vice Principal-male was at one corner. She knocked at the door; waited for a reply but when she didn't get any, she barged in.

“Oh Dladla,” Mariam's mother started emotionally, seeing her. Tears came running down her right eye.

She mumbled incoherently as she took off her gaze from Fatimah who stood stiff by the door, benumbed by forces unknown. She couldn't control her emotion, she rushed to hug her.

“Mum, don't be worried, she will be okay. She will be found.” She assured as if she really knew.

Mrs. Bar used her jaw to graze Mariam's nape and sobbed on.

“You say she'll be fine Fati but the Principal had contacted many people but still, we've heard nothing about where she might be. Oh Allah, this is the second time this is happening.”

She grieved; shed tears; swallowed hard - she almost choked in the throat. She coughed unpleasantly and took off, crying again.

“You remember what happened,” she started, glancing into Fatimah's eyeballs without appearing to be looking at her, “don't you? You remember what you both faced recently when someone tried to kidnap you two? Oh Allah, I'm dead.”

She stopped short and pierced into space; her eyeballs wide open as though she had seen an evil spirit. It appeared she was running deranged already. Her hair was unkempt. She wore a blue t-shirt without a bra; her nipples were showing. And a wrapper was tied loosely on her waist.

She happened to have lost all the beauty that had tempted or charmed her husband to marry her. Her face looked shabby; un-creamed; swollen eyes and red lit eyeballs, because of excessive tears.

Dispassionately, she remembered now, that man; that shameless man who called himself her husband. The father of the girl they were looking for - still hadn't returned back from Abuja.

She was disconcerted. What stupid job was he even doing there? She thought spitefully. Nothing more than going to brothels with different ladies in the guise of business meetings or political duties. Yes, that's exactly what he'll be doing, she remarked wittingly as her tears dried up with the aid of the harmattan and it left white tracks on her face.

She strolled to the window and looked out of it. She looked to the roof of a house. She saw dirts laid about on it; bottles that appeared to have faded into what she couldn't identify: clothes that had turned rag, black and rusty, it was in tune with the rusty roof. She saw empty tins of milk, nylons and other dirts thereabouts. She couldn't figure out what again to think about. She tried to force tears but this time, they deserted her. May be the harmattan had dried them up or she had shed them all; her tears gland completely empty.

“Mum, I will be going to Mariam's room,” Fatimah broke the silence but stopped at the door to see if Mariam's momma would say anything. It seemed she didn't surface to have heard what she said. Then she thought she should open up about the phone but she couldn't. She stepped out, paced some few steps and entered Mariam's room.

Soon as she sat down on the mattress, she knew something wasn't right. Wasn't the door to her room supposed to be locked? But she met it ajar. She became frightened. She looked about to see if she could figure out the oddities she was thinking about apart from the door.

To the pile of dirty clothes at one end of the room, pants and other underwears laid about. Then she eyes-search the window as it caught her attention with the wind blowing the curtain ominously. It seemed as though an evil spirit was in that room with her. She made to stand up and run out of the room but her legs became stiff, heavy and lifeless. She couldn't get up; she remain glued to that spot. She was beginning to sweat in numbers now. Her eyes peppered her and appeared to be going blind.

A flush of water sounded from the toilet; her heart leapt; something evil overshadowed the atmosphere.

“Hello. Is anybody in there?” She called out in shock, her words echoing back into her ears.

But she got no reply as the water stopped rushing. Was she imagining things or was she having a nightmare like the one she had the other night? She thought but this was different, she felt her eyes and knew she wasn't dreaming.

When the atmosphere seemed to have returned to normal. She ignored her fears, brought out Mariam's phone and 130 missed calls appeared on the screen of the phone - that was using up its last bar.

She began crying. Why hadn't she brought the phone to her house the day she was given? If she tries to disclose it now, she might appear to know where Mariam might be. She thought she was so stupid to have kept the phone that long. Now, it was just impossible to make any move; it wouldn't be any brave.

She thought she needed to do something but handing the phone over to Hadizah, Mariam's sister or even her mother was out of it. Should she inform her own mum about it? Oh no, she cried and mumbled, that would be disastrous.

Everyone would paint her evil. They will regard her as being a bad person. How will she even face up to it if she was threatened to produce Mariam since she had her phone. She didn't even have anything genuine to speak for herself. If she should say they were not on talking terms, that would spell doom. People might see it as something else; may be, she and Zainab had conspired against Mariam.

Oh Allah, why did I collect this phone in the first place! May be I should return it to who gave it to me, she thought. How stupid am I? School has even gone on vacation and there is no way I can locate who gave me.

Her chiffon blouse was already filled with tears and snorts. May be I need to consult someone I could trust - for an advice. She made resolve, that would be the best thing to do and started thinking who she considered trustworthy.

Should I call Clinton? No! No!! No!!! I can't! He won't even listen to me. He will get mad at me. I know the horrible things he would say to me.

May be Adefemi would listen to me. He had always been a good friend. Without further thoughts, she made up her mind and dialled his number.

“Hello George. How are you love?” She started, sniffing mucus back. But she got no reply as her receiver was puzzled as she called him love.

“Hello George, are you there?” She inquired, looking into the screen of her phone may be the call was still in progress.

“Okay,” she continued once she had gotten a reply, “I need your advise,” she managed to get up from the bed, walked to shut the door very well. She didn't remember to check the toilet's as she strolled back to take a pose at the window, f1ngering her loosed hair.

“You see, it's about Mariam. She hasn't returned since the inter-house sport and everyone's been worried about her. We don't really know where she might be.”

“But Fatimah, when I was asking you what caused you people's strain of friendship, you were adamant to give me a reply,” was the rejoinder from the receiver. It was a bit audible from the mouth piece, yet croaky.

“I'm sorry. Please listen to me. I never thought it necessary a thing to discuss with you,” she pleaded remorsefully.

“Oh, but now you think it is, huh? Wait Fatimah, what if she had decided to run away because you people neglected her? What if she was not happy with it? What if you people were the only ones she could confide in? What if,............” Trailed for minutes on and he continued, “see Fatimah, I'm sorry but you need to understand it wasn't nice what you people did.”

“I know George. That's why I've called to ask your advice. See, someone gave me her phone that day and I've been unable to hand it over or disclose this to her mum.”

She hadn't concluded her explanation when the door to the toilet opened.

T.b.c,............
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by tbmas(m): 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2015
U tried with the suspense, nice one......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 10:08am On Oct 19, 2015
Krystalluv:
Whao! What an interesting write up.. I wish I had started with the writer from the beginning.. Buh it is a must read for me #Just on page ten.... Nice one Mr Fem. More power to your elbow #I must catch up with the present page..

Thanks much dear. Lol, I hope you catch up sooner. grin
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Krystalluv(f): 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
Fembleez1:

Thanks much dear. Lol, I hope you catch up sooner. grin
On page 24 now... Such an interesting story, can't afford to miss it! If not 4 skul stress, I 4 don pass una sef... #Weldone sir
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 9:31pm On Oct 19, 2015
Krystalluv:

On page 24 now... Such an interesting story, can't afford to miss it! If not 4 skul stress, I 4 don pass una sef... #Weldone sir

Awwn, thanks much dear. You appear to be the only one reading this piece and find it interesting. Thanks so much dear. I won't stop updating because of you. kiss
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Krystalluv(f): 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2015
Fembleez1:

Awwn, thanks much dear. You appear to be the only one reading this piece and find it interesting. Thanks so much dear. I won't stop updating because of you. kiss
Finally on page 30! Weldone nd congratulations 4 ur admission.. Wish u all d best!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 11:52pm On Oct 20, 2015
Krystalluv:

Finally on page 30! Weldone nd congratulations 4 ur admission.. Wish u all d best!

Thanks so much love kiss

Updates drops tomorrow. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by omodaragbenga(m): 2:41pm On Oct 21, 2015
So much captivated wid d suspense in dis story.... Update pleeeease..

2 Likes

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 11:53pm On Oct 21, 2015
I'm deeply sorry for not updating today. Had some issues. I pray everything goes well for me tomorrow. Please don't be fed-up. embarassed
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by alleazardous(m): 11:58pm On Oct 21, 2015
Owk bro keep the good work up
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 4:31pm On Oct 22, 2015
She stood amazingly shocked, as her hand was sliding down her cheek with the phone; while Adefemi continuously shouted “hello,” when he couldn't hear her speak again. He cut the call - to call her back thinking it was network.

He smiled sardonically at her. Very dry smile it was, it almost consumed Fatimah. She didn't know what to do but she quickly wrapped Mariam's phone in her wet left palm, to conceal if from Salisu's view.

“May I ask you what is that you are hiding?” He inquired.

“Ermmm! Ermmm,........” Her phone interrupted, ringing aloud.

She looked at the screen to know who the caller was; ignoring Salisu. She wanted to pick the call but he frightened her off her skin.

“If you dare pick that call, I promise you I will beat the hell out of you this morning,” he growled.

He un-buckled his belt and made to slid it out of his trousers but thought that was too much. What if someone barge in to see him with the belt, what would be his reasons for doing so? He buckled it back and resolved he would use his hands rather.

To Fatimah, it appeared she was dreaming. This was her uncle whom she had done nothing to offend - threatening to beat her. Was it that, he had heard all she said on the phone, with George?

Her heart beat hastened and her chest couldn't contain the continuous thumping. They were more grave than the thump of the normal heart beat.

To worsen it all, she was covered in sudors. Headache plagued her head like a sledgehammer being whacked on an innocent nail.

Her throat went dry, she couldn't swallow spittle - else, she might choke and cough. Morbidly, tears started pouring out of her eyes like someone at the jaws of death; prey of a man eating animal.

“Now, hand over what you are hiding. Hand that phone over right now,” he snarled and started approaching her with determination to do anything he thought possible; even as far as carrying out his threat.

Fatimah tried to stride backwards but sooner, she realised there was nowhere to run to; she was at the end of the wall, end of the road. She was in complete disarray.

She wanted to start pleading as snort strode down her nostril but couldn't; couldn't even prevent them from their strides. Her face was depressed and un-sociable; totally devoid of the beauty she was once known for. She looked horrible as she tried to huddle in abhorrence.

The moment he lifted his hand to strike her was when the door cracked; he swiftly changed course.

“Oh Fatimah, stop crying dear. She would soon be found.” He hunched to help Fatimah up the floor.

The door opened and Hadizah - Mariam's sister walked in. Fatimah was absolutely awed by the change of atmosphere. The once hostile room had become a cozy one.

She wanted to yell at him to leave him alone as he made to touch and lift her up but she retorted. She stood up in pain and raced to embrace Hadizah; ignoring Salisu's outstretched arms for a hug.

She broke down in muffled sobs - on Hadizah's clothes.

“Fati, please stop this. Don't make me,........” She choked and joined in the sob.

Salisu stood looking at Fatimah's hands scornfully. He looked at Hadizah too and cursed why she had interrupted his mission. Now, he knew Mariam's phone was with Fatimah. And he swore he was going to do whatever it takes to get it from her.

But what might have happened to Mariam? And how come Fatimah had her phone? He quickly dismissed the thought. Nothing was his concern about where she might be, even when she happened to be his niece. All he wanted now was to have that phone in his hands and destroy it, or the evidence in it.

He moved to step towards them and forcefully snap the phone out of her hands; as it tempt him the way it was almost loose on her grip. But he was interrupted by Hadizah who lifted Fatimah's face off her clothing and helped her to wipe her tears. Fatimah tightened her grip on the phone and made to conceal it too from Hadizah.

One thought came into Salisu's mind. Should he shout to expose Fatimah of having Mariam's phone?

“Uncle, daddy is back and the Police are around to search this room may be they might find what may help to start their investigation and probably locate where Mariam might be.”

Hadizah addressed, sauntering to put the table-lamp light off.

Salisu took chance to examine what he thought earlier. If he should shout to expose Fatimah. What if the Police decide to take the phone as what might help to speed their investigation?

There was all the fact; they might come across the recording. Hmmmmm! The best thing he thought suitable was to just keep quiet for now and find a way to go about it later.

Nonetheless, he warned in whispers “if you try any nonsense, you'll see yourself,” as Hadizah back was turned against them.

Fatimah ignored, racing to put on her slippers close to the bed and going out of the room afterwards - with Hadizah.

Salisu remained in the room; thinking what next to do now. He had confirmed rightly, Fatimah was with the phone and with the way she reacted; it was evident she might have found the recording out. Or was it that, Mariam had informed her before now? Oh, that now seemed to him Mariam could have acted smart.

He paced back and forth; using his index finger to thump his lips; contemplating what he was going to settle for, in his thoughts. He put one hand in his pocket as he approached the study-desk; brought out his phone to ring Danlami for advice but he wisecracked, decided against it.

He pocketed his phone back and made for the door; to go see his brother who had just returned from Abuja.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 5:41pm On Oct 22, 2015
omodaragbenga:
So much captivated wid d suspense in dis story.... Update pleeeease..

Thanks so much boss for taking your time to read. I'm grateful.

Update dropped already. wink
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
alleazardous:
Owk bro keep the good work up

Thanks boss. wink
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 12:20am On Oct 26, 2015
He stood by the corridor as the two police officers passed to go into Mariam's room. His eyes were sore as he smoked his brain in thoughts of that frail girl called Fatimah.

He knew things might get worst now as the police where involved. Oh, how moronic he was not to have attacked her once he started hearing the conversation right inside the toilet.

Her next move, what might it be? Could she open up to Hadizah about the phone? He remembered what he heard from the discussion; she is definitely afraid to hand it over to anyone.

That was a good hope, he sighed. If it appear she is scared as he had seen; it certainly was a ray of hope for him till he figures out what he was going to do about recovering the phone.

He side-stepped to knock on the Bar's bedroom but the noise of argument between his brother and his wife restrained him. He considered going to sit in the living room till his brother was free to talk to.

Yes, he needed to call Danlami, he recalled; to brief him what was happening but the moment he made to take a stroll to carry out his thoughts - was when the policemen emerged from the room.

“Mr Salisu, I guess?” One of the police officer, lean and dark skin; his cap shelved to the left, inquired; offering a handshake.

“Yes officer,” he responded receiving his hand, “I am Salisu.”

The second officer stood at the back, holding some things which were invisible to Salisu's gaze.

“I don't know if we could see Mr. Bar. Hope he isn't too busy?” The officer pocketed his hands, looking fixedly into Salisu's eyes.

“I don't think he is available. You can hear from you know,” salisu pointed his right hand towards the door, with a slight bend of his head, “think he is not on a good mood right now. But you could discuss anything with me. I'm his brother as well as the second head of this household.”

The police officer looked at him suspiciously. How does he mean - second in this household? Is he sleeping with his brother's wife? The policeman tried not to distract himself with matters that doesn't concern him by dismissing thinking about it further.

He put up a faint smile, “it will be better if we see the girl's Father himself.”

“But office,........” He made attempt to protest yet was cut short.

“I duly understand your position Mr. Salisu but protocol deserves strict adherence at this juncture. Thank you.” The officer went towards the door ignoring an embittered Salisu; shoving him away with his left hand; he knocked.

Once it appeared the couple couldn't hear, he opened the door to meet them in each other's faces, almost getting a go at each other.

“You never cared about her. You never cared about anything - you this foolish man,.......” Mrs bar shouted; her spittle splattering about as she raged on.

It appeared Mr. Bar's patience and restraint was wearing off, as he lifted his hands to slap her.

“Hmmm hmmmm!” The officer cleared his throat, interrupting Mr. Bar's lifted hand in the air.

“I'm deeply sorry to barge in sir but we found some things we guess you might need to see. It will interest you greatly.” He began officially.

The couple looked at each other with determination to devour, pounce at each other but later, Mrs. Bar hissed and stepped aside to rest across the wardrobe.

The policeman ordered his colleague forward, while Salisu followed like someone who might grapple him from the back stealthily.

He collected something his colleague offered and started, “we happened to have searched her room thoroughly and we found this; a pack of condom - with two out of the four sachet missing, which points to the fact - might have been used.

“My God!!! My daughter wouldn't have done that,” was the sharp exclamation that spurted out of Mrs. Bar's mouth as she sloped downwards from the wardrobe, almost collapsing.

Mr. Bar looked at her, appearing not to be amazed by either what he just heard her blurt, or the slope her body had took; neither was he amazed at the policeman's discovery. He surfaced to hate this useless woman he married. She couldn't even keep a watch on Mariam. What wouldn't Hadizah too have not done? He nodded spitefully. Yes, he hated her for so many things he could recall she had done, and he had overlooked.

“And again,” the policeman went on, “there was a letter we found on her study-desk - about one guy called Melvin; that appears she might be in some kind of relationship with. His name is on this letter I have here with me and he must have drafted it.”

He collected the last evidence from his colleague and giving the first two back, he concluded, “we found this diary she keeps too but we haven't been able to go through it extensively. However, we'll go some dates back when we get back to our station.”

Mariam's father flopped into the mattress and buried his light head in disgust. He didn't even know what was happening again, or what to think of. One moment, he had been in Abuja the past weeks at the National Secretariat of his party - PDP. He was going to contest for a senatorial seat in the coming elections and arrangement were already in progress. He was meeting the people that mattered; doing all it takes to make sure he be elected come the next 5 months, and here was a problem to deter and distract his attention.

Why should all this start happening now? Oh Allah!!! He was hoping things would take a new turn soon - for the better; once he was elected.

Then a thought struck him; he could hand it all over to Salisu to mind for him down here with this issue about Mariam's kidnap. He sure trusted his brother enough to take charge and brief him as it was going.

That is exactly what I am going to do. He is my blood and very well - partly, the father of Mariam. I should hand it over to him; to be the one the police would report the case to as they proceed. I should get going to Abuja tomorrow morning at once and continue on my plans to win a seat in the Senate, he resolved.

Lifting his head up, he asked, “so what do you think you might get from these now, officer?” Pointing to the clues they were holding.

“Considering the fact schools won't open till after the New year, it might slow things down a bit because there might be some question to be carried out. But we will make Melvin the primary target of our investigation as we've got no other lead than him.

We would also check the diary if we might find anything but we're assuring you, we will surely find your daughter.” The policed rolled out leisurely, feeling happy at what he does and interested in the case.

“Thank you officer but I think you might have to be contacting my brother, Salisu,” he pointed to him, while the police nodded with a dry smile to affirm he had met him and knew him, “ and probably my wife,” Mr. Bar concluded.

“You snake! You this worthless man. Your daughter is missing and you dare hand her matter to your brother,.......”Mariam's mother had stood up in fury, setting off to fend her anger on him; beating him roughly.

“My wife,” Salisu started as befitting what he ought to call his brother's wife, “please calm down. Your husband is as worried as you are; if not more than you are but as a man, you don't expect him to show it. How then do you want him to console you?”

“You know nothing about us and have nothing to do in this matter if this man who calls himself her father can't handle it himself.” She shouted in revolt; sobbed and shrieked.

Salisu's spirit had left his body that moment till Hadizah interrupted what he was thinking about.

“Mummy,” she called out in tears standing at the door. No one seemed to have noticed her there the past 3 minutes, “please stop,” she wiped her tears and walked to turn the Television on. She picked the remote control off the shelf; sauntered to turn the switches on from the wall where the extension wire had been plugged.

“We must be on our way now sir,” the senior officer said, “good bye.” And they left the room before Mariam's father could finish saying what he was saying.

“I will call your D.P.O to know how it goes,” he said, “woman, leave me alone. Or have you forgotten when I said it was time she stopped school and get married?”

“Oh, so it is my fault now? Because I said she should complete her secondary school education before you hand her to her suitor. You this worthless being. I hate you so much Muhammed.” She started crying again.

Mr Bar looked foolish. When last had he heard his wife call him by his first name. It was strange. That indicated, she was bittered. He couldn't put up with her madness yet he couldn't raise his hands to beat his wife - as he would be offending Allah greatly.

“Was I the one who said you should stand in my way? Now see, she had desecrated herself. No one would look at her in this community with good eyes again. Who would even marry a girl who is wayward, who is not pure?” He mocked the fact the condom meant out of it all.

“Oh Allah, don't tell me you believe she did that, Muhammed?” She slumped, falling dejectedly on the rug; looking into his eyes with a pitiful gaze; like she expected he would say, he doesn't believe she could have done it too.

“What do you want me to believe? Or what was condom doing in her room?” He looked away - expecting no reply as he heard the Televison come on.

Hadizah had been hearing everything they were saying and crying bitterly. She didn't like how her parents were arguing but she wasn't courageous to even say anything. She loved her Dad likewise her mum and couldn't have shunned any of them if she didn't want to worsen the issue already on ground.

She increased the volume to overshadow her parents argument. A news was being broadcast that moment. She found it interesting and the loudness of the Television also got the attention of her parents, as they also focused to hear the News.

“A girl was confirmed shot dead by 3 masked men yesterday evening - at the Lagos-Ogun expressway. The girl was in a pink uniform and assumed to have been kidnapped in............”

T.b.c,.............
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Sageez(m): 7:53am On Oct 26, 2015
it shouldn't be mariam pls
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by omodaragbenga(m): 9:36am On Oct 26, 2015
This is qettinq more interestinq.... That qirl shot dead shouldnt be Mariam oooo my mind tells me it is RADIO NIGERIA... #SUSPENSE Ghen Ghen...

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (37) (Reply)

Three Sides Of A Coin / Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola] / STORY: Babe In Total Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.