Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. - Literature (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. (154540 Views)

DAYO'S ANGEL( Love, Lust And Betrayal) / Ikádä(throne Of Love): War, Betrayal, Lust,ambition By Angelsss / How Lust For A Teenage Girl Ruined The Life Of An Innocent Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Anu94(f): 5:20am On Oct 27, 2015
Ahh please update it quickly and don't kill Mariam please

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 1:46pm On Oct 30, 2015
Everything appeared to be getting worst for not only the Bar's family but also Salisu himself. He had just heard that horrible News and it pointed to the fact it is Mariam.

A thunderous palpitation overtook him as he strode to the balcony to ruminate on the News and the possibilities Mariam was dead. A sharp, piercing object hit his heart and the throb increased. Dabs of sweats began to pore out of his skins. He wiped his face, two arms with an handkerchief, yet, between minutes, the floodgate to his sweat emitted more.

He couldn't bring out his phone, his hands were dead numb. Then leaning back at the wall, he looked into the skies. The sun flashed out of the skies for the first time that morning and focused it rays on the balcony, on Salisu's face.

He tried to shade himself but the heat couldn't let him rest; not even the sun, that pricked all it could to get at him. Fear gripped him. It was as though Allah was sending him fire from hell at that point. Everything about him was burning.

Now, he was beginning to feel his hands gaining little life. He tried to move one of his legs forward and succeeding, he flounced towards the railings. He rested his hands fashionably on the railings yet the shock he had had couldn't depart, flee his body.

He remembered how his brother had reacted, even more than his wife. His cries had almost collapsed the building. Then his wife and Hadizah's reaction were nothing to describe; they's were malefic.

However, the girl's face wasn't made known as it was censored. But the uniform was exactly that of Wahab High school. Himself and his brother were at first doubting it couldn't be Mariam by the body-size of the deceased; yet the ladies couldn't be bought in by that. Another form of evil weeping had started in ernest from them as they made known their fears; she would have been starved to that effect. She would have lost weight greatly.

For Salisu, as he looked out into the street; at the buzzing market life; vehicle prying to and fro. He couldn't register his thoughts or settle for what to believe. To him, he had caused everything that was happening and sooner or later her ghost would haunt him.

A sweat trickled down his cheek; his eyes toasted as he tried to restrain the tears. That moment, the siren of a police van blarred and he almost prayed the structure collapse and bury him.

He was nursing it as, what if he was the one the police were coming to arrest? It seemed Mariam's spirit was already tormenting him. He shrieked as heated sudors dabbed and scalded his armpits.

No, it wasn't him - as he saw the van disappeared into the bend of another street, by the far left of a T-junction where some traders were emerging from - with their purchases in their hands. Some few women who were offering carriage-service had loads in their aluminium tray or bowl. They trudged here and there, tuning to the unison of the market noises.

When his eyes had returned back to where his body was, - he looked downwards the balcony to the ground and saw Fatimah about leaving. Their gazes met; she became afraid and started searching the wall for the gate lock - still staring ominously as though Salisu was going to jump down the balcony and come after her. Once her hands had gotten hold of the gate lock, she stumbled out of the building.

He looked at her with calculated suspicion as she was storming along - yet, looking back at intervals. Now, it was the fact to him, she knew about something. May be about the recording or his involvement with Mariam's disappearance, or possibly, the assassination as was broadcast in the News.

How could she peer at him in such way if she doesn't know all about it? Surely, she does have knowledge of it all. Mariam might have been briefing her all along.

Emotionally getting hold of himself, he brought out his cell and dialled Danlami's number, yet - still maintained his focus on Fatimah as she walked the street, also staring back. She almost stepped into a stagnant water, if not because people made her conscious of it. Salisu was getting out of her view. His head was the only thing she was seeing from the distance like a dot. She hoped she might have gotten lost from his lenses in the crowd of the market - as she increased her pace.

“Hello Dan. Mehn, things don worst o!!!” He started.

“Wetin don happen?” Croaked out of the receiver.

“Shey you no hear the News this morning?”

“Guy clear me abeg, who go get time for stupid News.” Was the sharp reply that buzzed out the cell.

“Them don kill that girl,” he almost broke down but managed to get grip of himself; knowing he was still within hearing shot of the household, “as I even dey talk to you like this, the matter don be Police matter o.”

He ignored trying to search for Fatimah in the crowd she had suddenly disappeared amidst. He tramped backwards to hear may be any footstep was approaching from the passage. He waited some few minutes to listen may be he could hear a sound but when it appeared no one was within hearing position, he paced back to the railings.

“Hello?”

“Yea hello! Wetin come happen?” Danlami inquired.

“Nothing really happen but I dey fear like this. If the News of this girl's death,” he broke into muffled sobs, “I no know wetin I go fit do. And as e dey like this, if this police people go find out about this recording, I don die be that for my family hand.”

“Come guy, you dey mad? Na you kill the girl ni or na you kidnap her? Ogbeni, na wetin you go gaz do you suppose to dey reason like this.”

Wiping his tears, he said, “ehn, I dey reason am but another thing come happen.”

“Wetin happen again?” Danlami made it known with the tone of his reply, he was getting vexed.

“I go her room to go set that Melvin guy up. I put Condom for there with one letter wey the guy name dey on top. And the police don carry am say dem go try locate the guy.”

He waited may be Danlami would praise him or rebuked him; then he heard a footstep. He paused, removed the cell from his ears and pretended as though he was doing nothing. But no one appeared from the corridor to the balcony.

Still waiting, he tried to see may be he could still locate Fatimah from the distance but as he eyes-searched, he didn't see no one like her. A silence followed that moment, it seemed every traders around the market had vanished. Then he saw the colour of her blouse. Yes, that must be her but she did the unthinkable, he turned into a bend and he couldn't see her no more.

There must be something she knows with the way she was cunning, he thought. He returned the phone back to his ears.

“Hello, but one thing happen. Them see one of her Diary and you know all these girls dey always write wetin happen everyday inside that book. I dey fear make them no go find my name there in case she write wetin happen that day wey I catch her for the park.” He explained but before Danlami could say anything, he interrupted and continued, “but wetin come surprise me pass be say, when I enter the toilet wey dey her room. That her friend Fatimah follow one person talk for phone.”

“Who she follow talk? And wetin she talk?”

“I hear say she get the phone for her hand and I confirm am with my korokoro eyes gan gan.”

“You mean the phone wey we dey find to collect?”

“I swear, na the phone. I confirm am with my two eyes. E dey with her.” He asserted.

“Wetin you come do? And who be the person she talk to?”

“I no know the person wey she talk to but mehn, f-up dey o. As I wan collect am na him Hadizah show say police wan come search the room.”

“I been wan shout say she get the phone cause e be like say she self dey fear to give am to dem Mariam parents. I been wan implicate her but I come reason the police fit collect am and my own cover go blow be that.”

“Mehn guy, God save you o but him never save you finish. If say you don implicate the girl, hope say you no go don tell them my house address sha. Cause I know say dem go hold you down once dem find that recording.
See, as e be, I no know you o. I just wan help you ni. So no go put me for wahala, now wey you talk say dem don kill the girl.” He warned sternly.

“Guy, I no fit. But wetin you think say I fit do now.” He pleaded.

“Na why I tell you say God never save you finish. What about the Fatimah girl? She still dey around? Cause as e be like this, as she don call that person, another wahala don dey brew.”

“She just commot for here now now, e never tey! Infact, I just see her enter one corner now now.”

“See guy, pursue that girl, now now now. As she dey go so, I fit swear say na the person wey she call she wan go meet. And once that person don give her advise, we - no, you don enter am be that. E still better as na that her boyfriend dem wan face.”

“But what about the Dairy, if dem go find my name for there nko?”

“Make I tell you, na that phone be the evidence like this. Even if dem find your name inside the book, dem no go believe unless that phone go touch their hand.”

Danlami hadn't finished explaining the consequences of the matter before Salisu had rushed across the corridor, heading for the staircase; ignoring if people would notice him or not. He would make an excuse for that later.

“Okay! Okay!! I hear. I go pursue her and make sure say I do anything to collect that phone.”

He stormed out of the gate and raced, bumping into and pushing people out of the way. Within minutes, he had made his turn where he had seen her take hers.

Then he saw someone seated at a shop, her back turned against him. It was the same colour of blouse she wore and the hair too, nothing was different. She had same stature as she had. And more to be noticed was the way she felt uneasy, pressing something he couldn't identify yet. It was definitely her, he concluded, and strode to confront her once and for all.

T,b,c,..........
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Sageez(m): 3:49pm On Oct 30, 2015
fembleez1 what about the corper? I don't think her role is up. Just my thought
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2015
Sageez:
fembleez1 what about the corper? I don't think her role is up. Just my thought

Yes boss. Your thought is right!
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by blackmarya(f): 8:31am On Oct 31, 2015
and to say i knw get interest for this story before oh now its taking a new turn. weldone fembleez
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by adegunahmed(m): 8:39pm On Nov 01, 2015
oya nah. kontinew. and thank u
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 7:05pm On Nov 03, 2015
“Hey, hand over that phone now!” He commanded as he stood behind her.

“What phone?” She turned to face him.

He stood in awe at what he saw. He couldn't speak. He felt really disappointed. All his enthusiasm had been shattered into futility.

“I'm sorry, I wasn't talking to you!” He pleaded and tried to move away from her.

“Come back here,” she drew him back by the collar of his shirt, “you were just threatening that I hand my phone over. You must be one of those thieves that came to rob the plaza last two nights.”

“No Sister, I don't mean what I said. I'm no thief, please let me go.” He spoke softly so as not to attract passersby towards them.

“Oh, I see. Today you've met your waterloo. You are going to produce those your gangs that you bought to rob the Slot together - today.” She held the waistband of his jean trousers.

“I'm no thief Sister. I was,...........” A slap landed on his face.

“Shut up. You are a thief.”

Before the lady could raise her voice to shout `thief, thief,' on him, he slammed her hands off his jeans and took to his heels.

“Thief! Thief!! Thief!!” She raced to catch up with him but before other traders in the market could become conscious of what had been transpiring between the assailed and the assailant, Salisu had disappeared into the midst of the crowd that came to price the market.

When he had managed to get far, he panted and couldn't believe what could have happened if they had caught up with him. He would have been a roasted meet by now. How could such a young lady do that? He tried to imagine.

Mehn, God had saved me already, he muffled. When someone came running towards his direction, he ran away, bumping into a moving bicycle. if not that the bicycle wasn't moving on a speed, the ram could have been injurious.

When he had succeeded pleading with the bicycle man, he tried to navigate his way to the bus-stop.

“Mr man, next time you are looking for someone to kill you; it is better you run into a moving trailer.” The man hissed as he cycled past Salisu.

Unfortunately, Fatimah had not been too far from where the incident had occurred. Because it wasn't out of the road to her view. A man walked into the bend of the path of the market she was - carry two Bagco bags.

Passing some few stores was Fatimah - inside one of her customers shop whom she bought clothes from. She was seated on a bench, dialling Adefemi's number continuously without any success.

She became frightened and didn't know what next her point of action would be. She couldn't call anyone else - for it was too dangerous a thing to do at this point. And she didn't know where Adefemi lives; she could have made for his place.

No, it was the most risky step to take as everything stood, she said in her heart. She had stared intently at Salisu when she was leaving and she could swear he was going to come after her; must have been tracing her. Nonetheless, she had managed to use many short cuts so as to prevent him from locating her, if he made the attempt or perhaps he had been following.

“Please, can I use your phone, customer? I want to call a number and it hasn't been going through.” She asked as she saw the woman come into the shop - after she had just finished attending to a customer.

The woman was dark in complexion. Her weave-on was fashionably grazing down her cheek; covering her ears. All the make-ups she had applied seemed to have jaded into complete wet kaleidoscopic colours. Her 5ft 7 stature was clothed in an harmless vest -with part of the skin to her breast bulging out of it; a faded black jeans hug above her dirty foot encased in a brown slippers.

When she had wiped her sweats with a handkerchief she appeared to have been using since the morning, she brought the phone out of her pocket and handed it over to Fatimah.

“This one wey your face look rough so, you sure say nothing dey worry you for mind?” She inquired staring at her in a romantic way as though she would marry her if she were a man.

“Nothing is wrong customer, thank you.”

She dialled Adefemi's number. But he didn't pick at the first two rings. He later answered the third.

“Hello, who is this?”

“Hello George,” her voice was croaky; she cleared her throat and proceeded, “it is me Fatimah. My uncle was there when you called and I couldn't respond well.”

“Okay, I've heard you. Bye bye.” He said.

“George, why are you like this? I just explained to you what happened and you want to end the call with a bye bye.”

He interjected, “but what do you want me to say?”

Sweats were poring out of her skin now, under the cool atmosphere the standing fan beside her was providing. Why does he always behave this way, like a weather? One couldn't know when he would suddenly change and become hostile at one moment and at another instance, accommodating and caring.

A perfect silence descended after the question he asked. She almost broke down in tears. It took the clearing of throat from her customer who seemed to be aware of the silence or trying to notify her she was wasting her airtime - before Fatimah brightened up. She didn't know the woman had been there all the while. She had seen her wiped her tears.

“George,” she broke the silence and allowed another one to pass through before she summed courage up and continued, “I need to see you. I need your advice on what to do about the matter I explained to you,” she explained softly and waited for his response.

“See Fatimah, I won't have the chance or time. I would be busy with Zainob.” He concluded and ended the call.

“I love you George and I don't want to hear that excuse from you. Why do you keep hurting me when I need you most?” She shouted into an empty phone like an insane being, not realising the call had long been ended; he never heard one single words she said. She had just expressed her feelings to an empty or no receiver at all.

Stupidity slapped her in the face as she looked dejected, morosed. What was happening to her? Yes, she had Clinton but it all balls to the fact she loved Adefemi so much; she felt jealous whenever he was with Zainob or made mention of her name. She recall how jealous she had been the day she slapped him at Mrs Smalls'.

Pretentiously, she affirmed she had been irrational the while. Why should she even put any daffy feelings of love above the disaster she had gotten herself into? But love was really drunk; she looked enchanted.

And why was she even still keeping this phone? She thought, she should have dropped it in her room when she had been in there this morning. Perhaps, that would have ended her misery. Police could have found it and added it to one of their evidence and she wouldn't have been caught in such misfortune. And to hear from the News she had been killed, oh Lord, she sobbed.

Perhaps, she wanted to see George on two matters; her feelings for him or a way out of this dilemma she had gotten herself into with the phone she was hoarding.

She broke down in tears; her palms were in tears too as they were scalding wet. She couldn't bridle the mucus as they drooled leisurely down her nostril - to dab her blouse.

She seemed to have lost all the control mechanism to her body. Not even shame was lurking her eyes. She had shouted in this place, her feelings for a guy when she was supposed to be shouting on him for his advice.

She shed tears like an innocent in police custody. She was adrift of consciousness, she didn't know when the woman had sympathetically sat beside her. She avoided touching her so as not to envelope her in sudden shock.

“Customer, why you dey cry? Who be that bobo wey you dey shout for on top phone?” She inquired from Fatimah whose ears had been rendered deaf that moment with grieve.

She sobbed as though she was muffling regrets and curses; she shrieked at interval. The lady knew if she should persist, she might cause her pain even greater than she was in.

She stood up to leave her to her pains till she had gotten over it. She prom to the next shop to buy a very cold Malta Guinness - almost at the brink of a freeze.

When she had gotten back into the shop, she set it beside Fatimah; stretched her hand to pick a tissue paper off the pile of sack that was close to her reach. She rolled it out and presented it to Fatimah - whose last drop of tears stood caged to her eyeballs like shard of ice, waiting to melt down her face.

Becoming conscious of a whitish substance in her lenses, she blinked and the tears dropped off on the tissue. She quickly grabbed the tissue like she was going to devour it and wiped her tears like someone just returning from the reign of madness.

“Customer, I love him so much,” she aforesaid without question, blowing her nose and rested her head on the woman's shoulder afterwards.

“I know say you love am,” she looked into space, “I see as you shout for am on top phone,” she took away her phone from Fatimah's grip.

“But I love Clinton too, yet he also doesn't care much or ever has my time,” she put in, lifting her heads up to see may be a surprise would appear in the woman's face about how confused she was in love; rather she smiled and caressed Fatimah's hair.

“But you go get one wey you love pass inside their two,” she bent and picked the Malt up; opened and handed it over to Fatimah, who took it but didn't take any sip.

“This one hurts me every time.” She said spitefully.

“I know and I see am as you take answer am. You know say na person wey love you pass dey always do that kind thing to make person feel pain,” she enlightened.

Fatimah looked into her eyes as though she was nonplussed. The woman before her appeared to know everything. What else does she knows about me; about love? She thought. Such an uneducated woman with her pidgin was more learned than someone who had gone to school could be. She affirmed, it wasn't all about reading the whole books at the Oxford Library that made one a wise one.

“Tell me more about what you know.” She didn't know when she uttered the statement.

“See, that bobo na your own, no just worry your mind. Wetin you need do be say, find time wey una two fit dey together alone and cry as you take do now now for him front. If e possible self, shout for him head, make him know say you really want am.” She started.

Looking sternly at the woman, Fatimah said, “but he has a girlfriend.”

“No let that one self bother you. Him fit no like the girl self. Make I ask you this question self, for wetin you know, shey him like the girl?”

She peered away and didn't reply. She swallowed hard and made to sip her Malt but stopped before the straw could touch her lips. She doesn't think Adefemi loves Zainob. She had just been all over him because of who he was. She must just be an ambitious one and nothing more.

“You see, na you go dey sharp. No guy dey do the way him dey do to you if him no love you,“ she stared at her as if to examine her age while Fatimah looked inquiringly as if the woman was a witch to know how George behaves to her when she wasn't even present at their school.

“You sabi kiss?”

Fatimah nodded in affirmation but shyly and surprised why she asked such question; smiling for the first time.

“I for say make you kiss am after you don tell am your mind finish. No even let am talk before you do am. I tell you, him go forget about that him girl patapata and you go come 'tank' me later.”

She tried to think about all what this queer woman had said and to bring herself to terms it might be the very good thing to do. Yet, she wasn't sure it would happen. She fixed her eyes out of the shop as the sun shone on passersby to and fro.

“But how do I even go about it all? He doesn't have my time. He is obsessed with the Zainob girl.”

“Na wetin I just wan tell you be that. Na you go make am get your time with that kiss. Once you kiss am that day, him go dey find you everyday after that time.

Na because you be my customer I dey tell you all this one and I like you as you dey always laugh when you come buy something from my hand. I no fit dey look make my customer dey like this.

No worry, as you be my customer, I go help you.”

Fatimah turned to face her and stared into her eyeballs with an 'are you serious?' Look.

“Yea, I go help you.” She assured.

“How do you plan going about it?” She inquired with glowing eyes, forgetting all about Mariam's phone.

“No be next tomorrow be Christmas. No worry, I go call am - arrange where una two go meet. Hope say you no get where you dey go that day?”

She nodded and expressed her fears, “would he even come? He is a christian and might be busy. Even knowing it be me, I doubt he would.”

“I no be small pikin na.” She educated her.

Momentarily, it occurred to Fatimah she should seek this woman's advice about Mariam's phone. At least she would have a good advise to give. She was startled by how she had taken this love matter serious. She must be someone who understands many things.

But no, she wasn't going to seek her advice about the phone. She couldn't fathom what her response would be. Not even at the point where it happened Mariam might be dead as announced in the News but she wasn't sure it was Mariam until the name would be made known. And Hadizah had told her not to think it was her in order not to offset her being. The stature in the News didn't look at close to Mariam's. How should she even think it was her? She wouldn't even bear the pain.

Perfect, once she could get Adefemi's attention on that Christmas, she was going to ask him what to do. He is still the only one she could trust despite his behaviour. But how was she going to survive from Salisu or the haunt prickiing her? She didn't reason.

Her phone beeped and a message came in from Salisu's wife that crept a direful fear into her being. She needed to see her as soon as possible. It was deadly urgent!
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by kwencypresh(f): 8:04pm On Nov 03, 2015
See setup ooo

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by harjibolar10(m): 1:58am On Nov 05, 2015
ghen ghen

i dey observe

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 05, 2015
'' Ahh! you no go do am again. ahhh! you no go try am again in ur life'' . Tombravo yelled like a mad man straight from hell as the adrenaline surged thru his body. he flung endless punches on femblezzs face for not updating.₯ Bro, dyu remember Stephen Oluwafemi from thd u.i whatsapp group. it is I. nice story.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Lilyomi(f): 4:34pm On Nov 05, 2015
harjibolar10:
ghen ghen

harji

i dey observe
hharji..... We miss u
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 11:08pm On Nov 05, 2015
harjibolar10:
ghen ghen

i dey observe

Boss, na wa o. I think say you no even read again self cry
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 11:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
tombravo:
'' Ahh! you no go do am again. ahhh! you no go try am again in ur life'' . Tombravo yelled like a mad man straight from hell as the adrenaline surged thru his body. he flung endless punches on femblezzs face for not updating.₯ Bro, dyu remember Stephen Oluwafemi from thd u.i whatsapp group. it is I. nice story.

Wow! You mean the Arts/Social science UI group? Can't really recall the name Boss. smiley
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 12:22am On Nov 06, 2015
Part 2, Episode 3.

The christmas morning was blissful as expected; with great harmattan welcoming the Lord the early hours of the morning. The streets were beclouded and few people parading it. Mostly, those who had drank their lives out the previous night. They staggered on, holding this pole or supporting themselves with cars parked at the side of the road.

The street was littered with shred of knock-out(bangers) waste that had been blown yesterday; the christmas eve. The surrounding though a nice sight to behold; it was as though, the pieces of those blown knock-outs decorated the street; tuning with the banners and carnival kites that had been tied across the street by the Lafiaji Fanti Association.

At about 10:15am on same street and in one of the houses, Adefemi had just woken up but he laid on the mat, schlepp-rolling from this end to the other. He was absolutely exhausted from all he had done on Eve; singing with the choirs over the night; joining his mates to blow and shell knock-outs after the mass, and passing the better time of the early morning around 3:30am drinking palm-wine at the front of his grandpa's house with two friends.

Presently, to get up was a task too difficult for him. He had brag so much to the children's choir mistress, he was going to be at the 9:00am mass this morning but he was still on the mat 1:17minutes after the mass had begun. He knew he couldn't meet up again as he stared into the ceiling.

The ceiling fan whirl round with the bent blades sounding crack crack. The fan whirl as if it would fall out of the ceiling on his head. Wiping some sticky fluid out of the side of his eyes, he managed to recall that night this same old fan had dropped from the ceiling.

He was saved by the flower vase on the middle-table, if not, his head would have been shattered, broken to scraps. The vase had cause a diversion, making the fan fall just close to his legs. May be he could have been a dead man by now. Only God had saved him but he still got injured on the knee anyway.

He rose up and rolled the mat on; taking it into the part he keeps it after a sleep. He went back into the living-room and set the middle-table back to its position. His nose perceived the aroma of chicken stew that found its way into the parlour through the wire gauze. Wow, he was not going to miss that. He went out of the room; greeted his step-grandma who was spooning the chickens out of the big pot; pouring bowls of water into it afterwards. That was an indication it was jollof rice, he savoured and went to have his bath.

Ensconced on a sofa after he had had his bathe was Adefemi in a white singlet and blue dotted-yellow boxers; devouring the bone left of his chicken, cracking and chewing into bits. He was sweating profusely like someone who worked in a bakery; his nose dotted with sudors to show he had really enjoyed the deliciously cooked Jollof rice.

“Bro'da, se ti yo (are you filled)?” His step-grandma asked.

“I will need more ma,” he responded in Yoruba.

“But ko si eran mo o (there is no meat again o),” she informed.

“I'll eat it like that,” he responded and went to fill his bowl again.

Not perpetually spending all the whole day on christmas food; he got dressed and before he could recheck himself in the mirror, Zainob was already around - waiting outside as she watched the Carnival spectacle.

He put on a black shade to match his cream Ralph Lauren shirt; a black trousers with brown rib-plait grazing down the side of the jean and a black Air-force 1 which had 55 etched on alternate side of his shoe fitted to his foot.

Once he stepped out, hails swelled his head and it really got Zainob amazed by the attention he was getting. But she couldn't open up that he looked an H'ausa - trying out modelling for the first time; - very absurd.

“You look handsome but this your dark shade is something else.” She teased.

Rather than attempting a reply, he bounced on like someone who had just hit the jackpot. Zainob in her red top with dome diamond imitation as pebbles - used to form a love design at the front: a blue jean on a jelly-like slippers ignored his pride, sauntering along to catch up with him.

Boarding a bus to the bar-beach was not very easy for them - as they had to wait about 20minutes, nonetheless, they got one and arrived at the beach.

“Hey hey hey, owo iwole da (money for pass?)” Some Area-boys attacked them as they made their way into the beach path.

He handed them 100 for each ticket and they continued walking their way to the beach, on the look out for a nice place to seat before the shoreline.

When they had managed to settle on the sand, he gazed inquiringly into the ocean with romantic grandeur. What could they do? Not as if they could both swim nor would they have considered it if they had the skills, raced in their thoughts.

They both recall how their mothers - most especially, had been warning them strictly about following their friends to the beach, or even swimming. Several examples of those who have lost their lives had been cited, with stern warning mothers give by holding their ears. To George, swimming wasn't the reason he brought her here.

“See Zainob,” he started, turning his head to face her, “I brought you here today, so we could be together and so that I can express to you my love.”

lumps appeared in his throat as he swallowed spittle; turning to face the sea back.

She smiled as though she had found her Mr. Right and nothing, not even anybody would take him away from her. She buried her palms in the sand and her thoughts ran wide. She was ready to do anything to have this one; possibly - growing to marry him in the future.

She chuckled and startled him as he faced her again - this time, just staring into her eyes silently.

But something was really wrong which Adefemi didn't understand. Yea, he knew Zainob, yet, not as much as it would have been all right. Probably they had been playing the teenager's game of brothers and sisters that turns into love affair but there was something more than just what he knew about her, more about her in all realms.

What thought might have prompted him from bringing her to the beach to express his love for her? If possibly he had read a novel to act this way or watched a movie; then he was being silly really, or being manipulated by forces unknown.

“I know very well we will have our privacy here. And I want to swear my dedication to love you till the end of my life in the front of this silent waters,” he put in again after some moment silence; his eyes following some couples who chased themselves criss-crossing as the waves approached.

“As silent as this water becomes at night, bearing its own peace, I bear my love for you solemnly. I will never break your heart so long this water never stops flowing.”

He wasn't even going to let her speak, or declare her love in return, he proceeded, “water is the source of many lives, even the fishes and all living creatures in this water stand watch; I should die if I ever leave you.”

To Zainob, she wasn't surprised he was saying this. It was what she had wanted from the start, - if not for those Fatimah and other girls; plus the b1tch Yemisi that had been taking his time, she should have arranged this since. But she was happy it was going as planned. She wasn't going to say anything; let him keep declaring his love.

A dullard she was, she knew herself and nothing would she say that would make sense to him. It was preferable she keeps to the plan. Someone like him was what her type dated. They chase after them and control their lives till they were satisfied with it, or if he does something not good; render him useless.

“Femi, hope you won't go against all you are saying?” She managed to ask, just to make him say more.

He look in her face as though he would kiss her now, “to make you know how sincere and serious I am - was why I brought you here. I swear by this waters, if I hurt you, I should lose my life.”

This seriously wasn't Adefemi. He must have gone mad or something. He drew his head close to her; their noses almost touch.

“See Zainob, this water be my witness. Whenever you feel you are tired of this relationship, just bring me here to break it. I know I won't ever break my promise.”

“Okay then,” she nodded and gave him a kiss, just a slight lip-kiss. Her eyes flashing into his eyeballs.

She's got him all to herself anyway. It remains who would dare try to take him away from her. She is going to manipulate his life and love to the very time she won't need him again, if and if he does her wrong.

A horse-man came by and asked if they do not mind riding his horse for a fee.

“Should we, Zainob?” He inquired, smiling and shaking the sand off her palms.

“If you have the money, let us just snap with it.”

“Okay then,” he agreed and a photographer was soon handy.

She snapped with the horse but Adefemi couldn't; he was afraid. They later snapped together before he snapped just him alone. The horseman soon galloped away as another couple called for his service after he had received his pay.

While waiting for the photograph, he contemplated what next they could do, looking around. In a moment, as they made to seat, he sighted some few metres away where people were gathered playing a game and ladies were screaming at the top of their voices.

“Let's go watch,” he lifted her up and raced ahead, while she made to catch up with him.

Enthusiastic as he became, he had interest in the game. He was tempted by what could be won and brought out 50naira to buy the 5 ring-hose, then treading to the starting-line, he started throwing.

“You won't win,” Zainob said, “just stop wasting your money.”

He persisted, ignoring what she had said. Not as if she knew anything about this game anyway, he thought. Look at all the sort of big money drinks that could be won with just 50naira and this one is saying I won't win. He hissed and bought about 250 worth of ring-hose more but to no avail, all his throws were futile.

“I told you you won't win. Let's go,” she dragged him off the scene as some guys bickered about him being stupid to let a lady control him.

“Sister, why you wan spoil our market na?”

She ignored, dragging him towards the bus-stop. She stopped abruptly.

“Femi, someone will call your phone now,” she looked into his eyes, “I don't want you to answer the call.”

Was this a prophecy or a command? But before he could even engage his thoughts, his phone vibrated in his pocket.

“Give me the phone,” she commanded, and collecting the phone from a dumbfounded Adefemi, she picked the call.

“Hello. Yes, who are you? He is not around to see anybody now, goodbye.” She said and cut the call on the woman who had promised to help Fatimah out.

T,b,c.............
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by harjibolar10(m): 6:37am On Nov 06, 2015
Fembleez1:

Boss, na wa o. I think say you no even read again self cry
why would'nt i?

I just have a little ish concerning my phone ni, and i am back now

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by harjibolar10(m): 6:38am On Nov 06, 2015
Lilyomi:
hharji..... We miss u
I miss you more dear
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 06, 2015
Fembleez1:

Wow! You mean the Arts/Social science UI group? Can't really recall the name Boss. smiley
actually, d group name was bravo buh when we had a private chat, we introduced eachother. wanted to congratulate u for ur admission buh my phne was stolen
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 5:51pm On Nov 06, 2015
harjibolar10:
why would'nt i?

I just have a little ish concerning my phone ni, and i am back now

Oh, nice to have you back boss.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2015
tombravo:
actually, d group name was bravo buh when we had a private chat, we introduced eachother. wanted to congratulate u for ur admission buh my phne was stolen

Oh, I can recall now there was a bravo. I do chat with precious now. She's your sis?
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
Fembleez1:

Oh, I can recall now there was a bravo. I do chat with precious now. She's your sis?
yeah. my frustrating big sis. grin
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 06, 2015
this zainob is hot o. chai grin
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Bhuumhite(f): 11:02pm On Nov 09, 2015
Enjoying every bit of d story....thumbs up dear
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 11:31pm On Nov 09, 2015
They stood staring into each others eyes flummoxed by the whole thing. Hadn't it been assured Adefemi would be with her today? She was going to help her but now, she too wasn't sure of what was happening.

“I told you he won't come,” she said as she stood up from her side.

They had both been seated on a concrete seat under a sycamore tree; close to the lagoon bank. The breeze that blew there was heavy, it could throw someone off balance if one wasn't hard-foot on the floor. Though the cold was much, nonetheless, they enjoyed the atmosphere.

Fatimah went away from her side after making the statement. She strolled to the railings guiding the bank of the lagoon and stared into the water. This afternoon, it was somewhat dirty when sometimes it becomes pure. Her eyes trailed the dirts as they walloped with the wave; particularly a yellow nylon which seemed to her, she knew what might have been in it.

She tried to remember the message she received last evening from Salisu's wife. She had no clue what she might want to see her for but she conjectured it might be in connection with Mariam's phone.

Unfortunately, she had not gone to see her. She was even afraid to go, in case something happens to her. Most frightened was the way Salisu stared at her with baleful eyes, she felt something bad might happen when she goes to his house.

But what was wrong? Why was he after the phone? Why hasn't he given her in? She thought extensively about it but immediately forgot all about it in a moment.

Presently, the only person she could trust was not even paying attention to her. She felt worthless. Like she was chasing shadows. May be she should just go ahead to give the phone to Mariam's parent and face whatever it was that would succeed it.

Tears formed in her eyes without her knowledge until it dropped off before she took notice of it. She sniffed and wiped her tears. She didn't like what Adefemi was making her feel. She had hope she could settle things with him today and possibly, make her feelings known to him finally. But the opportunity had lapsed already. It seemed she would just have to put up with Clinton, she thought.

The woman had continually dialled his number but her calls had been cut before even two rings. Was she wrong promising this little girl in the first place? May be her experience had failed her, she reasoned. She peered into the phone as the last call she dialled ended.

What was she going to do now? How was she going to comfort this poor girl. Look at her; she stared at Fatimah, and was sorry for her. It was something normal for a girl of her age. To yearn for the love she could get. Feel for someone she truly loves.

She stood up and sauntered to take a post by her side at the railings. She avoided speaking immediately so as not to offend her privacy. Then, when some silence had swept through the moment, she spoke.

“Customer,” she crossed her hands across her shoulder, “I no know say this matter don reach like this. That girl wey pick the call go don do something for that boy head.”

“But what might she have done?” She tried to open her mouth, avoiding looking into the woman's eyes. She started sobbing.

“No cry customer; Clean your face. I sure say that girl no be ordinary person.” She revealed.

Fatimah had not been this surprised in her life as she opened her eyes in a question mark, looking at the woman with malignant disposition.

“What do you mean, Madam?”

She shook her head, “I mean say that girl fit dey control that boy. Their type fit be witch. Although I never see her before but my mind dey tell me say na something like that she go be.”

“But,........ But..........,” she went dumb.

“No worry. Shey I fit come una school when una resume?” She said.

Another awe she felt, “you mean,.......you're,.......what?”

“I wan come una school come see the boy myself.”

All through the time Kunle had gotten Adefemi's number or he had seen the message; he had avoided being hostile to her. Anyway, he had continued to enjoy her body the best he could. She was a b1tch and he was going to continue to treat her as one.

He had well informed her they were going to a club this evening. He made the arrangement very proper because he was going to disgrace her today in the midst of his friend in public. He smiled dryly as he stared at her.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Yemisi asked.

She had just finished taking her bath after she had prepared the meal of fried rice and chicken - just for the two of them. She stood applying vaseline to her body, completely naked.

“Just love the way your p'ssy is. You know, I don't get tired spanking it. Such a nice and accommodating hole you've gat.”

She was somewhat vexed. Why was it that he only talked about her private almost every time. He had sex with her as though she were a sex slave, a slut. She didn't know why he always does that but she had become his mistress; she wanted to always please him since she loved him so much.

“Why don't you ever have something good to say? It is always my ass or my private. I'm getting worried you are just seeing me as a intimacy gadget.” She stopped to face him squarely, her face devoid of happiness.

“But what do you want me to say?” he began, avoiding to yell at her, “I was only trying to compliment what you're endowed with.”

“Don't try to change the topic,” she strolled closer to him, feeling really enraged, “you only care about getting between my legs every time of the day. Don't you even have something you think of, apart from having sex with me?”

“Yemisi, watch your mouth,” he rose up rapidly; using his index finger to stare in her face, “don't get me annoyed,” he yelled.

She remembered how he had beaten her blue black the other time and her vouch she was going to avoid anything that would get him lightened. She close up the gap between them once he had dropped his warning hands. She grazed her head on his neck and embraced him.

“Kunle,” she sobbed, “I'm sorry. Please don't be annoyed.”

“I've heard you. But we will need to make it up by a round of sex right now,” he cupped her ass in his hands and fondled it roughly.

“But,..........” She tried to speak but he shut her off by placing a finger across her lips.

“Shhhhh!” He fell on the bed with her naked body. He was always with a condom because of her. He tore one pack open as he hurriedly removed it from his pocket.

She started shedding tears as she looked sideways, helpless. She was now under his control. He could do anything with her; sex or whatever he wanted. He manhandled her the way he wanted. Treats her like one of the meanness bitch, a common LovePeddler; a public worthless slut any dog could have a taste of, even an he-goat.

Her eyes were pale as he entered her. She almost shouted at the top of her voice at the pain he was unleashing on her. It used to be passion wrapped in romance before - but now, she felt pain all over her body. She had been used so much by Kunle. Oh Lord, she cried silently as he grabbed her nipples as though it were a pincers grabbing the head of a nail, torturously. Sex was meant to be enjoyed but she didn't enjoy this one anymore.

“Baby, call my name,” he spanked her breast with belligerence. But she didn't reply or did what he requested. She just cried out in pain, closing her eyes; shutting them from the world.

After about 10minutes of excessively mean thrust, he was sweating as his manhood bowed into slumber. He get off her, leaving her somewhat lifeless.

“It seems you have to have another bathe,” he taunt her, feeling proud.

She quickly used bedsheets to cover her unclothedness as though she just became conscious of it. She felt shame surge through her entire being. It shook her to her bone marrows.

After he had had a bout of laughter that filled the room, echoing horrific sounds into her ears, he said, “common, we are running late already.”

She rolled a towel along her waist and went out. He felt hatred for her. He was going to continue taunting her like this. Torturing her till he was satisfied to leave her. Yea, he had once thought they could get married once she was done with her Youth Service but at the moment, it was out of his plans. She was a b1tch and doesn't deserve to be his wedded wife he had once fantasised about.

Swiftly, it came to his mind the room was all for him now. He brought his phone out and searching through his contacts, he called Adefemi's number.

“Hello,” he said and waited for a response.

“Yea, hello,” Adefemi was the one who picked the phone, “who is this?”

“See, na you dey follow me drag girl abi? No worry, I go catch you soon.”

“What do you mean?” He asked

“If I catch you ehn, your papa own don finish be that. I go kill you with my bare hands, I swear to God.” He quickly cut the call as Yemisi came back into the room.
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Sageez(m): 7:04am On Nov 10, 2015
ehya! Femi is in big shit. Yemisi deserves everything she is getting, even if she was to dump femi, it shouldn't be the way she did. I think they call this on kamar

1 Like

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2015
tombravo:
yeah. my frustrating big sis. grin

You don't want me to bash you silly cause of that statement. She's actually cool anyway. smiley
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 4:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
Bhuumhite:
Enjoying every bit of d story....thumbs up dear

Thanks Seun kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
Fembleez1:

You don't want me to bash you silly cause of that statement. She's actually cool anyway. smiley
haha. if u were given a chance to b her bro 4 an hour, u'd b chewing those words. lol
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 11:50am On Nov 16, 2015
tombravo:
haha. if u were given a chance to b her bro 4 an hour, u'd b chewing those words. lol

I doubt it. cheesy tongue
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 11:51am On Nov 16, 2015
Christmas was meant to be enjoyed and the jolly was going to be prolonged till the very dead of the night.

The room appeared dimmed a bit with the white bulb that was etched at one side of the room winking repeatedly because the current was swaying.

There were no aura of christmas in the room: no christmas light, tree, or any sort of decoration in the room. The paints that had been used to paint the room had faded into an unclassified colour. Not even a dab of new paint was applied to make the room look decent for the festive season.

Clothes were hanged aimlessly on the wrath-blue-hangers to the nails on the wall. Some boxers, singlet and other clothes sprawled about the room; bad odour`ed-clothes that had been sweat upon registered their foul smell in the room.

A mattress of 6ft by 5 grazed the floor with a roughen bedsheet at one side of the bed as if a karate or wrestling had taken place on it.

At the north side of the room were electricals: Tv, Speakers, Playstation and DVD player - their wires entangled ungraciously.

Flies came hovering out of one end of the room, making known the flights of them muffling on used pots that had been left unwashed for 2-3 days. Hideous odours emanated from the pots; maggots swirling clumsily about.

In a snap, the power went off and the only light that penetrated the room came from a wire-gauze shutter of a window - some few steps away from the shoe-rack.

The door quack-open suddenly and Godswill surged into the room, extremely distressed; disturbed at whatever had been chasing him without a trace. He bent down, his hands on his knees - as he panted ponderously.

“Mehn,” he heaved, “I no believe say this girl go show face o,” he bellowed between knock-breath.

He had just received a call from Nana whom he had been fantasising about since he had started his Service at Wahab High School - as a student teacher. She was coming to his house today; already on her way down here.

He became disconcerted; didn't know what next he should do. Was she really coming as she had made mention on the phone? He couldn't believe his ears when she had said she was already on her way. And the surprise wasn't going to wash off his boorish face so soon: he swiped away sweats from his face.

He quickly ran his fingers against his phone's keypad to call his friend and colleague, Raphael.

“Hello guy, you still dey Vero place?” He inquired looking at the dirty and unorganised room. He felt like a stranger in it at the moment. Oh, horrible - a room could look like.

“I dey come house soon. She just dey package the rice inside flask.” Raphael responded.

At dawn today, Raphael had woken up early and set for Vero's place; one of his numerous girlfriends. He had wanted her to prepare a delicious meal for them and knowing fully well his friend was expecting a visitor, they hadn't taken any chance to cook one of those drought-lot concoction of the rice they have been used to eating.

At least, let today be different not only by being christmas, but also by what they were going to eat. They couldn't get any sort of bread and beans or those Mama Put or Mama Cass today.

However, Godswill had been sceptical about Nana coming and all; his friend had assured him she 'might' come; No, surely would come. Hadn't he seen how she behaves romantically towards his friend? He had bespoke she was the sort of girls that would go at any length to please a guy once she was told they love her the first day.

“Guy abeg, tell her make she package the food wella o; with enough meat - cause that babe dey show o.”

He heard footsteps approach the door and before he could conjecture who it might be, a knock followed. His heart leapt and its beat increased at a pace. He jaunt towards the door to confirm his fears, Nana was around.

“Shey I tell you say she go come, you no been believe me.”

Gently turning the door-knob, he was surprised who he saw: one of those girls he had met at those food joints.

“I know, abeg no tey. I dey wait for you,” he concluded and ended the call; reading the network message afterwards at how much he had left on his account and the stipulated amount charged for his last call.

The girl who stood before him as he shut the door - had her breast poking out of her spag-like blouse, blushing like a dumbwit. What she was amused about baffled Godswill who tried to decipher her madness. He tried to return the gesture, smiling dryly.

“Good afternoon,” she greeted, “I talk say make I come greet you today.”

She pulled the tip of her blouse down as though they were limping, couldn't cover her bulging stomach well.

He didn't know how to reply her or what to think about. Yap, he had invited her several time but she had turned his request down all the while. Yet, what stupidity might have changed her mind today of all days? He decked his head fashionably to examine her.

“Godswill,” she startled him from his realms of thought.

“Yea, arh Shade,” he stepped at the front of the door, “one issue be say, you no go fit come inside today. My friend and him babe,...........No, my friend dey expect somebody.”

“But e no mean na, I no see wetin dey for that one. Make we just enter go talk before the person wey him dey expect show face.”

“No shade, wait,” he held her shoulder as she made to approach the door, “him and him girlfriend dey inside now. We no fit dey use our own disturb them.”

“No be inside you just commot?” She persisted, “and moreover, we fit dey one side, make dem dey one side, nobody go use him own disturb the other.”

She was speaking as though she had known Godswill before and this made him feel somehow foolish. Was this girl a prostitute? Look at the way she was talking on her first visit as though she were sex starved or affection deprived. May be she just didn't have where to go today being christmas, he thought. But what about her boyfriend?

“Yes,” no, he retorted inwardly. This mumu girl wan spoil my parol today ni. All these days wey I don talk say make the weyrey come visit me make we warsh, she no come. Na today of all day her papa see chance.

“See, I no want make we disturb them. You know na,” he made his hands into two sex organ slamming against each other, then winked may be she would understand. She smiled as though she did.

“But na inside you just commot from. Abi you and your friend dey warsh the same girl?” She furrowed her brow.

“What the f^ck?” He exclaimed at how disgusting her thoughts; her words were. “What do you mean by that?”

“I mean say, if you no let me enter, I go shout make everybody hear say you and your friend dey rape one girl for una room.”

Eh! I don enter wahala today o, Godswill uttered inwardly. How am I going to do it now? I don't owe this girl, though I want to warsh her badly but all these excuses were because Nana, the girl in JSS3 was coming around.

He opened the door and let her in; then his hands on his head, falling against the wall, he whistled `O.M.G' and said, “how I go take do this one now? And Nana don almost reach here.”
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Sageez(m): 12:40pm On Nov 16, 2015
am lost, nana, Godswill, shade. What's there connection with our story? Fembleez1, thanks for the update, but please stop starving us
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 16, 2015
Fembleez1:

I doubt it. cheesy tongue
oh yeah? cool then. i knw my sis better than d back of my hand tho
Re: Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. by Fembleez1(m): 3:59pm On Nov 16, 2015
Sageez:
am lost, nana, Godswill, shade. What's there connection with our story? Fembleez1, thanks for the update, but please stop starving us

Did you miss Episode 45-49 in part 1, the guy(a youth corp member) that was playing Video game? One of 'em said he wanted to bleep Mariam's big ass.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (37) (Reply)

Three Sides Of A Coin / Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola] / STORY: Babe In Total Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.