Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

War In Gaza: Another Take - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / War In Gaza: Another Take (1723 Views)

BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy / Israel Air Strikes Hit Hamas Headquarters In Gaza / Israel Prevents Christians In Gaza From Celebrating Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: War In Gaza: Another Take by NegroNtns(m): 5:13am On Jan 27, 2009
If in "exercising thoughts" from the "broad view" your communication defies the comprehension of those with whom you seek to communicate, then your broad view is flawed and it falls flat on it's face!

LMAO! Anen,

With the exception of closed minds, everyone on this forum comprehends the exact meaning of what a economic or political benefits of war means.
I don't address closed minds. In sidestepping my question you violated the truth of your cosnscience. Don't make this a general issue, leave it as a challenge for those whose minds is incapable of expansive imagination.

David,

You said wars are fought for various reasons. Really? That's a new discovery for me. Clueless sheep!!! lol.
Re: War In Gaza: Another Take by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 27, 2009
@Negro, it seems obvious to me that you are quite incapable of discussing facts. Engaging in this discussion with you is therefore pointless. It is not my aim in this forum to display my ability to spell long English words. I am able to think clearly and I can express myself directly. I have no need to express myself in a manner that is complicated, especially when it does not accurately convey the message that I seek to convey. I will not pursue this matter further.
Re: War In Gaza: Another Take by NegroNtns(m): 3:28pm On Jan 27, 2009
Anen,

What is fact? Define it.

You are another sheep on the forum! A flock of sheep parading around acting like dog, or worse. . . like pig! Did you watch the movie "Babe"? Its the story of a sheep-pig who wants to be a sheep dog and became the protege of a Collie, Rex. Rex successfully trained Babe to herd sheep. I recommend you watch it if you have not already done so.

Follow me with your sheepish mind. Let me lay it out for you chronologically Mr Organized and Orderly mind!

On first entry Negro said this. . .

Let's admit it, this conflict is being exploited for economic and political advantage by powers remotely distant from the battle field. Do you all remember Paul Wolfowitz? As long as Israel and Palestine. . . well, no, I shouldn't say that! I think enough is said here already, I will leave the rest for some other person to reveal.

After initially failing to comprehend, but with persistent persuasion from a Shepherd, sheep David's light bulb finally went on and he admited in his last response that. . .

not all military actions are the same. For example Saddam's reason to invade Kuwait is not the same as the reason Israel went to war in 1967. Saddam went primarily to annex Kuwaiti oil fields . . . Gaza and the Westbank have no oil fields at all.

Israel's 1967 war was predicated on the fact that Egypt had closed the straights of Tiran and massed troops in the Sinai, Syria had troops and missiles in the Golan and Jordan was advancing from the West Bank . . . in order to survive Israel was forced to go to war and ended up capturing:

1. Golan from Syria (which is why Syria no longer has a vantage point from which to launch surprise attacks at Israel and sniper attacks from syrian troops has stopped since 1967.
2. Sinai and Gaza from Egypt - Israel returned the Sinai (almost 2 times the size of the entire state of Israel) in 1979 but Egypt refused Gaza and still refuses today.
3. The West Bank from Jordan . . . which Jordan does not want responsibility for again.

Now here comes the question you've been avoiding for long . . . what is the economic benefit of Israel retaining Gaza and the Westbank? Nil.

Anen, here is my challenge to you, and I hope I do not have to lead you in tortuous steps like I did with David to open your understanding.

First, I said the conflict is exploited for economic and political benefits by powers remotely distant from the battle field. If you cannot comprehend what remotely distant is, please go back to high school.

Second, I said "enough already" and will leave others to take it from there. It takes a person of deep insight to understand what this means. Sheep do not have insight. What is inferred here is that there are variant outcomes, be it economic and or political and what A sees as an economic benefit may differ from what B sees and from that of C and so I leave the prerogative to the individual to conclude on their own instead of undertaking the burden for them. David then asked me to outline economic advantage of Israel in Gaza. Isn't that dumb? There are two distinct clues for him to know that my focus is not on Israel and that I was done talking.

He is locked into a feisty argument on Israel vs Arab in Gaza and so without takingtime to comprehend and reflect on my statement he stuck his foot in his mouth! Only to finally come around and agree to the same conclusion, many posts and many days later. Outside of CNN and Google and information that is copied from newspaper pundits, David does not do well in intellectual discussions, he is articulate buthe is not brilliant and like Ibime, he is definitely not a free-thinker.

You Anen, demonstrated the same trait when you stubbornly and blindly followed his shady argument for explanation and so continue to flock with David and Ibime but do not forget to watch Babe movie.
Re: War In Gaza: Another Take by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 27, 2009
All that above babble to say what exactly? lipsrsealed

Is it so hard to just lay down hard cold facts and analyse them in fewer words? Anen i'm following u out the door . . . this slowpoke certainly needs to head back to school to learn logical reasoning.
Re: War In Gaza: Another Take by NegroNtns(m): 4:30pm On Jan 27, 2009
Baa Baa black sheep
Have you any wool?

Yes Sir, Yes Sir, Three bags full!

One for Davidylan. . .
One for Anengiyefa. . .
And one for the other dummie called Ibime!

David, don't mind me. . . just walk on by! grin
Re: War In Gaza: Another Take by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 27, 2009
@ Negro: It says a lot about a person's intellectual capacity, when that person declares that he alone is wise and everyone else is "sheepish". Need I say more? You didn't need anyone's help to crucify yourself!

I did say before that I wouldn't pursue this matter further. I do not like to waste my time in pointless discussion. Cheerio.
Re: War In Gaza: Another Take by NegroNtns(m): 5:55am On Jan 28, 2009
It says a lot about a person's intellectual capacity, when that person declares that he alone is wise and everyone else is "sheepish".

WHAT! Where and when did I say that? Please clarify. If you can quote where I said I am the only wise and everyone else is sheepish, I promise to apologize to you, to David and Ibime. If you cannot find the quote you owe me an apology. Deal? grin
Re: War In Gaza: Another Take by Lagosboy: 9:16am On Jan 28, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Baa Baa black sheep
Have you any wool?

Yes Sir, Yes Sir, Three bags full!

One for Davidylan. . .
One for Anengiyefa. . .
And one for the other dummie called Ibime!

David, don't mind me. . . just walk on by! grin

hahahahaha this is soo funny grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iraqi Forces Liberate Ramadi From ISIS Terrorists / Ukraine - Two US Guided-missile Destroyers Enter Baltic Sea To Russia’s Alarm / China Already On The Wrong Side Of History': US Moves 3,000 Troops To Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.