Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,534 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Daily Grace Capsule | Sun.29th.march.2015 | The Vocal/inspirational Gifts. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Grace Capsule | Sun.29th.march.2015 | The Vocal/inspirational Gifts. (510 Views)

Apostle Suleman Gifts 26 Cars, Money To Celebrate His Birthday (Photos) / Grace Testimony From Nigeria : Protected From Armed Robbery / Daily Grace Capsule | Sun.22nd.march.2015 | Why We Tongue (2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Grace Capsule | Sun.29th.march.2015 | The Vocal/inspirational Gifts. by ComeBackHome: 5:37am On Mar 29, 2015
DAiLY GRACE CAPSULE | SUN.MARCH.29th 2015

THE VOCAL/INSPIRATIONAL GIFTS | 1 Corinthians 12: 8 - 10 (NKJV)

“For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, (9) To another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, (10) To another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues”

Today, before we proceed with what Inspirational gifts are, I will like to re-address part of what we addressed yesterday. It was a mixed up and I am deeply, and deeply sorry about that.

ONE: Yesterday bible passage isn’t 1 Corinthians 12: 7 & 11. It is 1 Corinthians 12: 8 – 10.

TWO: There are just Nine (9) Gifts of the Spirit mentioned in 1 Corinthians 12: 8 – 10. Nonetheless, there are other gifts inspired by the Holy Spirit. Relatively, these other gifts are ‘Ministry’ related gifts - gift of helps, administrations, etc. In good time, if God permits, we shall look into what these other ministry related gifts are | See 1 Corinthians 12: 27 – 28, Romans 12: 6 – 8, Ephesians 4: 11.

However, staying within 1 Corinthians 12: 8 – 10, we only have just Nine (9) Spiritual gifts of the Holy Spirit listed and those are the gifts we are dealing with at present. Please, take note of that.

In conclusion on this, the gift of Special Faith, Working of Miracles and that of Healing are referred to as ‘Power Gifts’ because they are involved ‘DOING’. The gift that Perform/Do something. God supernaturally performs something on our behalf without any of our natural involvements.

Now, to VOCAL/INSPIRATIONAL GIFTS

The Vocal Gifts are: The Gift of Prophecy; Interpretation of Tongues; and the gift of Divers Kinds of Tongues – these involve ‘Saying/Talking’. The gifts that say something.

THEIR DISSIMILARITY

Gift of Prophecy involves speaking supernaturally in a ‘KNOWN’ Tongue/Language.

Gift of Divers Kinds of Tongues involves speaking supernaturally in an ‘UNKNOWN’ Tongue/Language.

Gift of Interpretation of Tongues also involves speaking supernaturally, interpreting or revealing that which has been uttered in an ‘UNKNOWN’ Tongue/Language.

The GIFT OF PROPHECY

Most times, this gift of prophecy is somehow misunderstood with Prophetic Utterance or Prophetic Office. Operating in this gift of prophecy doesn’t mean such believer is called into a Prophetic office. Please, note that.

THEIR CONTRAST

The simple Gift of Prophecy is given to ‘Edify, Exhort, Comfort’.

1 Corinthians 14: 3 - 4 (NKJV) | “But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men”

In other words, 1 Corinthians 14: 3 - 4 defined what a simple gift of prophecy is.

While operating in the prophetic office involves ‘Revelation’ – foretelling.

In Greek, the word Prophecy is ‘prophēteia’ (prof-ay-ti'-ah) – ‘Prediction’; to supernaturally predict a future; Or ‘prophētikos’ (prof-ay-tik-os') – pertaining to a foreteller (“prophetic”): of prophecy, of the prophets. However, it depends on how the word 'Prophecy' is been used in a sentence | See 2 Peter 1: 19, 1 Timothy 4: 14, and read through the book of Revelation.

Revelation 1: 13 is a very good example of a prophetic utterance or one operating in a prophetic Office. “Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this (‘prophēteia’) prophecy – ‘Prediction’, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near”. (Paraphrase).

So, because you have this simple gift of prophecy to Comfort, Exhort and Edify do not mean you are a Prophet or operating prophetically.

THE GIFT OF DIVERS KINDS OF TONGUES

"Divers Kinds of Tongues is supernatural utterance by the Holy Spirit in languages never learned by the speaker, nor understood by the speaker, nor necessarily always understood by the hearer. Speaking with tongues has nothing whatsoever to do with linguistic ability; it has nothing to do with the mind or the intellect of man. It is a vocal miracle of the Holy Spirit” (By Kenneth E. Hagin).

I believe that is distinct enough.

THE GIFT OF THE INTERPRETATION OF TONGUES

This involves the ability to supernaturally interpret what has been said in an unknown.

Dearly beloved, Please note that no one can of his/her own manifest in these gifts at will. They are always inspired by the Holy Ghost. That is why they are said to be supernatural. And they are not for personal benefits, rather, for the benefit of all | See 1 Corinthians 12: 7 & 11.

NOW, SAY | The gifts of the Spirit isn't at my Will but His. And not for my personal profit but for all.

LET’S PRAY | In the Name of Jesus, I see the manifestations of the Holy Spirit in my life as I consciously see Him as He is – AMEN!

ViP | I hope you have been blessed with this message. You also can be a tool to bless others by SHARING it. Today, be a blessing.

Grace to your Heart!

ComeBackHome Ministries | …spreading the glad tidings, thus; changing lives | cbhmonline@gmail.com | +234 803 455 6611 | 532CB51B.

(1) (Reply)

What Will A Rev Father Do If Someone Confesses To Him He Stole His Car / SERMON JOTTERS: The Incomprehensible Light / What I Told A So Called Dr Of Religious Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.