Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,573 members, 7,955,114 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:21 PM

People paid 5000 to vote for jonathan in textile mill road Benin city - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People paid 5000 to vote for jonathan in textile mill road Benin city (897 Views)

Revealed: Seized 47 Suvs, 100 Motorcycles Bought For Jonathan’s Campaign / An Overview Of Cross River Garment Textile Factory (photos) / Mrs. Buhari Will Vote For Jonathan - Obasi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People paid 5000 to vote for jonathan in textile mill road Benin city by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 29, 2015
How can free and fair election be conducted when nigerians won't stand their ground? We say we need change, we say we need good leadership, how can we get what we need if we allow the ones we are supposed to vote out buy our votes? I was at a polling unit in benin with my friend yesterday, i am not up to voting age yet so i just went to watch. My friends mum is a PDP member and she gave people there 5k each to vote for jonathan and i didn't see anybody who rejected it. We nigerians are the ones killing ourself. Those people who collected money to vote for a particular candidate should not complain when he starts misbehaving tomorrow because they have sold their right to complain. Please, stop selling ur votes.
Re: People paid 5000 to vote for jonathan in textile mill road Benin city by Etinosajay(m): 9:49am On Mar 29, 2015
I think you should correct the topic of this post. From your report, I can't see how the election was rigged or the peoples choice forcibly subverted.

If you say it was rigged, by whom then? The voters who accepted monetary enticement? Or the inducer, who gave money, though wrong to do, but didn't forcefully take away the right of choice from the voters.

Voters have in the course of this electioneering campaign and the ones before now, been educated on what power their vote carries, if they then decide to be induced monetarily, that cannot be called rigging. That's my submission
Re: People paid 5000 to vote for jonathan in textile mill road Benin city by nzeobi(m): 9:58am On Mar 29, 2015
That is not rigging but rather inducement. Everybody has their own winning strategy and once is not against the law am ok with it.
Re: People paid 5000 to vote for jonathan in textile mill road Benin city by emiye(m): 10:01am On Mar 29, 2015
By the time you get to voting age, and you are presented with such opportunity of financial inducement to sway your votes, i recommend you collect such money and vote your mind
Re: People paid 5000 to vote for jonathan in textile mill road Benin city by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 29, 2015
Etinosajay:
I think you should correct the topic of this post. From your report, I can't see how the election was rigged or the peoples choice forcibly subverted.

If you say it was rigged, by whom then? The voters who accepted monetary enticement? Or the inducer, who gave money, though wrong to do, but didn't forcefully take away the right of choice from the voters.

Voters have in the course of this electioneering campaign and the ones before now, been educated on what power their vote carries, if they then decide to be induced monetarily, that cannot be called rigging. That's my submission
Noted. Correction made

(1) (Reply)

Raymond Dokpesi, AIT owner Escapes Death / Tinubi's Reaction To Oba Rilwan Akiolu's Statement. / An Open Letter To Jimi Kayode Agbaje By AAMCO Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.