Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé (2197 Views)

#EdoDecides: PDP Leads APC In 8 LGA! / Poll-ambode Leads As Nigerias Top Performing Governor / PIC;After Helping APC To Victory,See How They Wanna Pay Back. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by adebisicutie: 1:49pm On Mar 29, 2015
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos state recorded a convincing victory at the polling unit of its gubernatorial candidate, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode. Ambode cast his vote in his Epe hometown at the Unit 33, Ward A5 polling centre located in Ogunmodede Secondary school, Papa Epe.

The Epe electorates, inspired by the presence of the governorship candidate, gave the APC and its candidates a big win that saw the party poll an average 60% of the votes at the 3 levels contested.

In the Presidential elections, out of a total 170 accredited voters in the booth, the APC Presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, amassed 97 votes as against the main opposition’s 71. The APC Senatorial candidate for Lagos East, Senator Gbenga Ashafa polled 103 votes to defeat the People’s Democratic Party’s 66 while Wale Raji, APC candidate for the Epe Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives secured 101 votes to cap off a sweeping victory.

At the adjourning polling unit 57 under the same ward A5, the APC took two-thirds of the votes to march conveniently to victory.

Similarly impressive results were recorded for the APC in the other wards and polling units in the division, a situation that sets the right tone in favour of the APC in the governorship and state House of Assembly elections coming up in two weeks.

The election process at the polling zone and in most parts of the Epe division was peaceful and witnessed an encouraging turnout of the Epe people who had turned out as early as 7:30am to exercise their franchise for progressiveness as the results have shown.

Mr. Ambode expressed delight at the encouraging turnout of the Epe electorates and the conduct of the elections at his polling unit. He stated his satisfaction with the performance of the card reader delight.

At exactly 2:44pm yesterday, the governorship candidate, in company of his wife, Mrs. Bolanle Ambode, successfully cast his vote, after which he proceeded to engage with the press to state observations.

The process of accreditation had kicked off at the polling centre by 9:15 am, before voting commenced by 1:40pm. The seamless voting process lasted for more than two hours.

With reports of late arrival of INEC officials, polling materials, hitches experienced using the card reader and late commencement of accreditation in many polling units, Ambode urged the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to seriously consider an extension of the time of voting in order to resolve these issues to avoide the disenfranchisement of many voters.

Notably, INEC has now announced that it has extended the voting period till tomorrow, Sunday, to accommodate disenfranchised voters and areas where materials arrived late.

http://www.nigeriatell.com/news/ambode-leads-apc-to-victory-in-epe#.VRf2Wye9KSM

8 Likes

Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by adaweezy(m): 1:52pm On Mar 29, 2015
Akinwunmi ambode the governor of lagos state may the others reverse

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by Flets: 1:54pm On Mar 29, 2015
Source pls?
Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by bamidele029: 1:54pm On Mar 29, 2015
This is an omen for what's to come on April 11. Ambode the trail blazer unlike Just kidding who I heard didn't even deliver his polling unit grin

8 Likes

Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by domopps(m): 1:55pm On Mar 29, 2015
Op veteran journalist in the making!

Okare lai!

Weldone!

Team Change

Victory is ours

Cheeers

10 Likes

Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by busybrain88: 2:00pm On Mar 29, 2015
I jst pity pd.I nor talk finish oo

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by lolababe331e: 2:01pm On Mar 29, 2015
Correct man, we deliver in APC unlike the likes of Gani Adams of OPC

We can't wait to vote you in Ambode

6 Likes

Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by aderonila18: 2:06pm On Mar 29, 2015
Jk how market grin

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by teemanbastos(m): 2:10pm On Mar 29, 2015
meanwhile Jimi Agbaje lost his unit. grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 29, 2015
That is what's up.

My folks delivered!

How about Ikorodu and Ibeju Lekki?

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by aderonila18: 2:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
teemanbastos:

Lmao, even the folks in his polling unit know he is Just kidding

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by Ngoziada592: 2:22pm On Mar 29, 2015
Ambode has really been working hard sha, I give that to him.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by Mamatee07: 3:30pm On Mar 29, 2015
Ambode will coast to Alausa with a landslide victory in 2 weeks time grin

1 Like

Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by bamidele029: 4:00pm On Mar 29, 2015
teemanbastos:

It's clear now that Jimi Agbaje has zero political clout even though he has been in politics for decades grin

1 Like

Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by KukusB: 7:33am On Apr 01, 2015
I thank God our government now recognizes that the people have a unified voice now. As a true patriot I am elated that the APC has finally ousted out the opposition at the federal level and established a true democracy.

The next step now is to ensure APC's continuity at the state level. I charge every Lagosian who would be voting on Saturday to go out and vote for Akinwunmi Ambode for the mantle of gubernatorial leadership.

He is indeed the best man for the job owning to his vast experience in both private and public parastatals. He has neither wavered in the face of his duty to us Lagosians. Vote Akinwunmi Ambode, and for those who aren't willing to, think of the prospect of selling out our dear state to the rogues and ex-convicts of the opposition party.

EKO O NI BAJE

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by MichaelKukus: 7:46am On Apr 01, 2015
Democracy has spoken. The true heroes of this day are we the people of Nigeria. Even the incumbent couldn't withstand the wind of change the Democratic process has brought upon the people of Nigeria.

For my fellow people of Lagos, this doesn't stop there. We have to go a step further and Vote the well and truly competent Akinwunmi Ambode of the All Progressive Congress.

We need the continuity of the good governance provided to us all by the current governor Babatunde Raji Fashola and Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Let us all come out on Saturday to cast our votes for the competent and the transparent governance of Akinwunmi Ambode. Eko o ni Baje.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by KukusB: 8:05am On Apr 01, 2015
AKINWUNMI AMBODE'S PLEDGE TO US ALL.

I pledge to Lagos my State to be forthright, dedicated and honest, to serve the State with all my passion, to promote the welfare of its people regardless of age, gender, tribe or religion, and to enhance its status, through good governance, selflessness and accountability.

So help me God, I Akinwunmi Ambode invite you all, Lagosians and non-Lagosians alike, boys and girls, young and old, men and women, those physically able and those with challenges, I invite you all regardless of your tribe, cultural background and religious persuasions, I invite you to help me and the government I hope to establish, with your support, and the help of God, to build a Lagos of our dream.
Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by sheunzy: 8:28am On Apr 01, 2015
Yes, Ambode Akinwunmi is the man, we shoudn't sell it, we need him to move lagos on, we want the best for our state, so come out people on the 11th of April let's do this together.....God will help us all.[/color][color=#990000]

1 Like

Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by BANKYBOI: 8:32am On Apr 01, 2015
This is just a tip of the iceberg, Akinwunmi Ambode is surely going to be the next Governor of Lagos with a Free and Fair Election to take place on the 11th of April.
Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by PelumiOrungbe: 8:33am On Apr 01, 2015
Vote Akinwunmi Ambode for continuity in our beloved Lagos State. Governor Raji Fashola has built the platform for a seamless transition of government to the right hands.

Eko o ni Baje.
Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by BANKYBOIZ: 8:39am On Apr 01, 2015
From this we should know that for Continuity and Competence, Akinwunmi Ambode is the next in line as the Governor of Lagos State.
Let's Vote Akinwunmi Ambode as LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR come 11th of April 2015.

Eko o ni baje ooo...
Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by BOIBANKY: 8:46am On Apr 01, 2015
Let's all NOTE that Akinwunmi Ambode is not just a man of words, he also Delivers.
VOTE AKINWUNMI AMBODE Governor of LAGOS STATE come 11th of April for us to move Lagos forward.
The APC has been set, so let's continue the good work in Lagos.

Eko o ni baje ooo...
Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by BANKYBOYZ: 9:11am On Apr 01, 2015
From this its obvious that the man Akinwunmi Ambode is also a man of service.
Lets carry on with the good work in Lagos State and lets all come together and VOTE AKINWUNMI AMBODE Governor of LAGOS STATE come 11th of April. A man of service should be allowed to continue with the good work already on ground.

Eko o ni baje oooo...
Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by Theofficialseun: 9:26am On Apr 01, 2015
Vote Akiwunmi Ambode as the Governor of lagos state, don't sell your ®ight to Vote to anyone....

Vote wisely my people
Vote for continuity in lagos state
Eko o ni baje oooooooooooo
Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by Theofficialseun: 9:32am On Apr 01, 2015
Let's Vote for progress, am sure we all need progress, who can boldly say he doesn't like whow lagos is transforming for good slowly, am sure nobody, so give it to the right man AKINWUNMI AMBODE for a better lagos.

EKo o ni baje oooooooooo!!!!!!!!
Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by shewenzy: 9:41am On Apr 01, 2015
The man that will give us a better Lagos is here AKINWUNMI AMBODE, all you just nedd to is is go out on the 11th of April, 2015 and cast your vote for him to win the Governorship Post..... And am sure with AMBODE , There will be progress.

Eko o ni baje ooOoo!!!!
Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by thimothypaul: 10:03am On Apr 01, 2015
What are you still thinking about? Vote for progress in Lagos state, vote Akinwunmi Ambode, he is the man that will know where we are lacking, so come out on April 11th, 2015 and vote for continuity in lagos state, don't dull your vote

Eko o ni baje oooo!!!! O baje ti.
Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by AbetterLagos: 11:55am On Apr 01, 2015
Speaking on the importance of continuity, American author Michael Porter once said:

"The thing is, continuity of strategic direction and
continuous improvement in how you do things
are absolutely consistent with each other. In
fact, they're mutually reinforcing."

Evidently, this quote in relation to the Lagos State Governorship election is proof that the only way to guarantee continued progress and development is the continuity in good governance provided for us Lagosians by the tenure of our dear Governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola.

Akinwunmi Ambode is the man which the trusted All Progressive Congress have ordained to succeed our dear governor. And when ever have the APC failed to deliver a man that is truly competent, a proven Democrat and also an ardent follower of the rule of law? The answer is never!

I enjoin my fellow Lagosians to come out our vast numbers and speak with our thumb prints as we vote in a man that is well and truly keen on taking Lagos State to greater Heights. God bless us all.

EKO O NI BAJE.
Re: Ambode Leads APC To Victory In Épé by AbetterLagos: 12:03pm On Apr 01, 2015
For those amongst the electorate who want to know more about the biography, qualifications and experience of the Governorship candidate of the All Progressive Congress in Lagos State: Akinwunmi Ambode. Visit - - - - - - - > http://akinwunmiambode.com/biography/

(1) (Reply)

Friends Deserted Me – Jonathan / Message To My Igbo Brothers / What do you guys think about Donald Trump...(america Next Possible President)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.