Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Ballot Paper System Should Be Scrapped - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ballot Paper System Should Be Scrapped (482 Views)

Fake Ballot Papers: ‪#‎soldiers‬ Arrest 9 APC Member With Fake Ballot Paper / 2015 Presidential Election Ballot Papers Found In London / Thugs Thumb-Printing Ballot Papers For Aregbesola (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ballot Paper System Should Be Scrapped by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 29, 2015
I voted in a rural area in Imo state and this is why i say so.

1. Most voters did not know who they were voting for. If you ask them who they are voting for, they say GEJ. When you ask them which logo represents GEJs party, they say the broom. I say why, they say because Rochas carries the broom during his rallies. I ask them which ballot paper is for the president, they say they dont know. They will just thumbprint the broom on all ballot papers. Some of these voters cant read or write, so i dont think the ballot system is very effective these places.

2. The corpers assigned to our booth refused to bring out the remaining ballot papers to void them. It was until the party agents insisted that they brought them out. However, an INEC staff came around and took some ballot papers saying another booth needed them.

3. Vote counting started when it was dark. There was no way or noone to verify the ballot papers were correctly sorted out according to parties. If the INEC staff were compromised, they could easily add more votes to a candidate.

My solution is that a poster picture of each candidate with their party logo should be placed on the wall and voters should line up behind their candidate. I think that was the system in 1993 and i think it eliminates any irregularities and no party cries foul.

What do you think?
Re: Ballot Paper System Should Be Scrapped by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 29, 2015
both are outdated, E-voting the trend now

1 Like

Re: Ballot Paper System Should Be Scrapped by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 29, 2015
Apc winning on social media, pdp winning at inec office
Up jonathan
Up transformation

(1) (Reply)

Why Women Cheat / Nasarawa Presidential Election Results / Maximum Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.