Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? (2653 Views)

What Is Happening In The Capital City Of Abuja? / Serious Chaos Currently Happening In Lafia, Nassarawa State / Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 29, 2015
I know that a lot of people has been screaming "Change, Change, Change"......

But why did this change chanting start immediately A South Southerner became the president? Was it Goodluck Jonathan that started corruption? Will it end with him? If I remember vividly since the inception of this democracy, the south westerners and Northerners have been the people running this country. Just check it out;

1999-2007

President- Obasanjo (South-westerner)
Vice------ Atiku Abubakar (Northerner)

2007-2010

President----- Musa Yaraduar (Northerner)
Vice---------- Goodluck Jonathan (South Southerner)

When Yaraduar died (RIP), it was difficult for this same group of people to hand over power to this South Southerner as the constitution stipulates. When he eventually became the president by God's grace after all their shenanigans, they left with a promise to

"Make his government; UNGOVERNABLE"

2011-2015

President.... Goodluck Jonathan
Vice.......... Namadi Sambo (Northerner)

Fast forward to 2015, they kept good on their promise. They actually made his government intolerable and wicked to Nigerians because of his perceived "Weakness". They never allowed this young man to rest for one day! Distracting him here and there.

This same 2015, they cloned another Northerner and a South Westerner to come and govern this nation again. Not minding that almost 90% of the nations wealth comes from these people they call minority and are actually marginalizing them. What about other tribes? When will they actually govern this nation? When other tribes get to govern by chance, why is it that this so called majority tribes don't give them the support they need to govern?

Lagos is developed today because of that region

Abuja is developed today because of oil money from that region

Onitsha is booming because of money from that region.

Honestly, though I expected more from the government of Jonathan, I will be disappointed if he looses. In saner climes, Buhari should not be contesting elections again. He should be an elderly statesman giving advice to the younger politicians. To all those screaming PDP this and PDP that, mind you that this hatred on Jonathan is not about his party. It is a hatred by the people from two particular reion who feel that it is their right to always rule and govern others.

Obasanjo looted this country more than Jonathan. Nobody screamed change.

Abacha looted this country to hell. Nobody screamed change.

When it is the turn of Jonathan, the change chanters arose from the North and South West. But I believe that their is a God. He will fight for Jonathan and he will not loose this elections. Even if PDP looses, I dont care. But God will not allow Jonathan to loose. Mark my words!

Mark My Words.... Jonathan Will WIN!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by NaMe4: 9:33pm On Mar 29, 2015
O boy, election don finish o!

3 Likes

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by Ovamboland(m): 9:33pm On Mar 29, 2015
RebelChip:

But why did this change chanting start immediately A South Southerner became the president? Was it Goodluck Jonathan that started corruption? Will it end with him? If I remember vividly since the inception of this democracy, the south westerners and Northerners have been the people running this country. Just check it out;

1999-2007

2007-2010

When Yaraduar died (RIP), it was difficult for this same group of people to hand over power to this South Southerner as the constitution stipulates. When he eventually became the president by God's grace after all their shenanigans, they left with a promise to

2011-2015

Fast forward to 2015, they kept good on their promise. They actually made his government intolerable and wicked to Nigerians because of his perceived "Weakness". They never allowed this young man to rest for one day! Distracting him here and there.

This same 2015, they cloned another Northerner and a South Westerner to come and govern this nation again. Not minding that almost 90% of the nations wealth comes from these people they call minority and are actually marginalizing them. What about other tribes? When will they actually govern this nation? When other tribes get to govern by chance, why is it that this so called majority tribes don't give them the support they need to govern?

Honestly, though I expected more from the government of Jonathan, I will be disappointed if he looses. In saner climes, Buhari should not be contesting elections again. He should be an elderly statesman giving advice to the younger politicians. To all those screaming PDP this and PDP that, mind you that this hatred on Jonathan is not about his party. It is a hatred by the people from two particular reion who feel that it is their right to always rule and govern others.

When it is the turn of Jonathan, the change chanters arose from the North and South West. But I believe that their is a God. He will fight for Jonathan and he will not loose this elections. Even if PDP looses, I dont care. But God will not allow Jonathan to loose. Mark my words!

Who did the minorities you now defend vote for in 1999, 2003 and 2007, on which side were your people and leaders during the Abacha debacle? keep looking for pity and sermonizing.

10 Likes

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by omartins(m): 9:36pm On Mar 29, 2015
I won't crucify you for joining my region(South West), because we share same view.
Some of us here knows the truth, at least in the south west GEJ will gather 60% vote.

1 Like

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 29, 2015
Ovamboland:

Who did the minorities you now defend vote for in 1999, 2003 and 2007, on which side were your people and leaders during the Abacha debacle? keep looking for pity and sermonizing.

Believe you me.... Every region will go and develop their side with their own natural resources. If you know what resource you have as a people, use it and develop. This is the apex! Wait till he wins again. This sabotage is enough!
Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by scribble: 9:40pm On Mar 29, 2015
op nice write up

people have always shouted change but social media now amplifies their voice

the problem with the APC brand of change is it is not really change

For instance Dino Melaye, a known thug and wife beater has just used the platform of APC to enter the Nigerian Senate (or was it rep)

APC harbors many cradle robbers and theiving fraudsters, if not as many but more than PDP

They are hypocrites. They can never change Nigeria. The yoke of the ordinary man will increase under them and this is why God cannot allow APC enter.

Cést fini.

4 Likes

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by TechRev: 9:41pm On Mar 29, 2015
The "country" is a ZOO. Normal human beings dont behave like that do they?? Terror, killings, bombings, arson, rigging, intimidation all in the name of election and you call that a country?? Its a ZOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you realize this OP, you will be less bothered about happenings in this ZOO and seek your freedom.
Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
TechRev:
The "country" is a ZOO. Normal human beings dont behave like that do they?? Terror, killings, bombings, arson, rigging, intimidation all in the name of election and you call that a country?? Its a ZOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you realize this OP, you will be less bothered about happenings in this ZOO and seek your freedom.

Brother naso oo... If you see the way they lift oil from here, spill the whole land and seize every oil license, you will ask the type of change this peeps are bringing. By the time the south leaves this country, especially the south south; the northerners will never understand what hit them. Their oil licences given to them by past military administrations is expiring this year. Thats why they are afraid!

3 Likes

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
Think with your heart, during obj tenure EFCC,ICPC were functional. Ribadu today is riding on obj's back. Bode George was jailed,Tafa balogun was prosecuted.

During the Jos crisis(PDP state) obj suspended the governor.

During the Odi crisis obj levelled the place.

Gej is clueless: Farouk lawan, occupy nigeria,Ekiti Gate, Chibok girls,Boko Haram, $10bilion oil money.

Mention one person that has been prosecuted by his govt.

After all 'stealing aint no corruption.

A president who won't declare his assets.

He thought he would be there for ever

5 Likes

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by God2man(m): 9:49pm On Mar 29, 2015
Nigeria is a joke.

1 Like

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:53pm On Mar 29, 2015
Let us speak the truth. I am a Niger Deltan, that does not change the fact that his regime is the most corrupt.

Stella Oduah was an appointed member of his cabinet but GEJ was helpless in sacking her after evidences of corruption.

GEJ spent money on private jets while the nation burned.

GEJ was clueless when it came to defending lives against Boko Haram. As he says, he underestimated them. Playing with people's lives that are irreplaceable.

He pardoned Alameiseigha, a convicted fellow who looted the treasury of the people he was to protect.

GEJ armed militants with Billions of naira, while PHD holders are looking for jobs and workers are not paid.

These militants will be a problem tomorrow and you are more interested in your fellow Niger Deltan ruling.

13 Likes

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by SomebodyLovesMe: 9:58pm On Mar 29, 2015
I will answer your question.

GEJ is the worst president ever to rule this nation. Whether he was Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, or any other tribe, based on his performance, he would have gotten the same reaction from Nigerians.

Have you forgotten that Yorubas voted him in in 2011? What, then, are you talking about?

Unfortunately for the SS, they put forward the worst person who could possibly represent them. I am sure there are better candidates the SS could have put forward. And it will most likely negatively affect their chances in future.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:02pm On Mar 29, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:

GEJ is the worst president ever to rule this nation. Whether he was Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, or any other tribe, based on bis performance, he would have gotten the same reaction from Nigerians.

Have you forgotten tht Yorubas votd him in in 2011? What, then, are you talking about?

Unfortunately for the SS, they put forward the worst person who could possibly represent them. I am sure there are better candidates the SS could have put forward. And it will most likely negatively affect their chances in future.

Unfortunately, he was not the choice of the Niger Delta but a mysterious in government put him there.

The Niger Delta has better candidates than this corrupt disgrace.

Please, OP tell GEJ to make the PWC Audit Report of the NNPC public.

3 Likes

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 29, 2015
fonzie2u:
Think with your heart, during obj tenure EFCC,ICPC were functional. Ribadu today is riding on obj's back. Bode George was jailed,Tafa balogun was prosecuted.

Gej is clueless: Farouk lawan, occupy nigeria,Ekiti Gate, Chibok girls,Boko Haram, $10bilion oil money.

You seem not to get the gist right? The same Ribadu that said that the accounts and assets of lagos state belonged to one man and yet never probed that man because the man in question sacrificed his presidential ambition for the same Ribadu in ACN? Or is stealing really corruption? Did you get the message the president was trying to pass across before judging him? That means that if a child steals meat from the pot of soup, it is corruption and no longer stealing right? Did you get the context the president used that Anecdote?

1 Like

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by NaMe4: 10:05pm On Mar 29, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:
GEJ is the worst president ever to rule this nation. Whether he was Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, or any other tribe, based on his performance, he would have gotten the same reaction from Nigerians.
Have you forgotten that Yorubas voted him in in 2011? What, then, are you talking about?

But you should also remember that it was not a case of SS putting a candidate forward. He was selected as the running mate to his predecessor and had to take the mantle following his boss's demise; which was constitutional.

So I don't believe there should be difficulty in any section of the Country bringing a qualified candidate forward in the future. I believe it should based on other attributes than region.

1 Like

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:09pm On Mar 29, 2015
RebelChip:

You seem not to get the gist right? The same Ribadu that said that the accounts and assets of lagos state belonged to one man and yet never probed that man because the man in question sacrificed his presidential ambition for the same Ribadu in ACN? Or is stealing really corruption? Did you get the message the president was trying to pass across before judging him? That means that if a child steals meat from the pot of soup, it is corruption and no longer stealing right? Did you get the context the president used that Anecdote?

This is about GEJ.

Embezzlement is Corruption, Embezzlement is Someone STEALING of money entrusted to him. So what message is GEJ passing?

Most CORRUPTION cases in government involves STEALING. You can not separate the two so GEJ goofed there as he did wasting the billions of dollars made by this country during the oil boom when Crude Oil sold at over $100 a barrel. Yet he was still taking loans and wasting the Nations reserves.

1 Like

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by Sunky200: 10:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
what is happening in Nigeria is what can best be described as DEMOCRATIC REVOLUTION.

2 Likes

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by SomebodyLovesMe: 10:19pm On Mar 29, 2015
NaMe4:

But you should also remember that it was not a case of SS putting a candidate forward. He was selected as the running mate to his predecessor and had to take the mantle following his boss's demise; which was constitutional.

So I don't believe there should be difficulty in any section of the Country bringing a qualified candidate forward in the future. I believe it should based on other attributes than region.

In an ideal world, it should be based on attributes and not region, as you have rightly stated. But the people of the SS have shot themselves in the foot by blindly supporting him in spite of his overwhelming failure. The blind SE support has done nothing to help.

A person who supports failure will come to be seen as a failure.
Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by cyril83(m): 10:22pm On Mar 29, 2015
@OP, did you just say your oil was used to develop lagos ? You must be a kid to believe this illussion. Do you know how much lagos generate as revenue every month ? Lagos and some other states fund was used to discover your so called oil.

Obasanjo denied lagos monthly allocation for a year and activities did not stop for a day.

Get your fact right Mr.

3 Likes

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:23pm On Mar 29, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:

In an ideal world, it should be based on attributes and not region, as you have rightly stated. But the people of the SS have shot themselves in the foot by blindly supporting him in spite of his overwhelming failure. The blind SE support has done nothing to help.

A person who supports failure will come to be seen as a failure.

You can not say the South-South supported GEJ when there are evidences of massive rigging in the South-South region especially Rivers State.

If the support was massive, there would not have been any need to rig.

2 Likes

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 29, 2015
RebelChip:

1999-2007

2007-2010

2011-2015

[b]Please Kindly get your facts right before posting ridiculous things like this. The person who said Nigeria would be made ungovernable was a PDP chieftain

1. Major General Muhammadu Buhari never said he will make Nigeria ungovernable in 2011 in any public format.

2. It was a PDP politician, Alhaji Lawal Kaita who actually said Nigeria would be ungovernable if Jonathan became president in 2011.

3. It was Jonathan’s media spokesman, Reuben Abati who sat down and largely concocted the slanderous libel against Buhari’s name in April 2011.

4. General Muhammadu Buhari took Reuben Abati to court for damaging his name.

5. The Jonathan Presidency begged Major General Buhari to settle the case with Reuben Abati and the Guardian out of court. See in DailyPost of January 13th, 2013: http://dailypost.ng/2013/01/13/presidency-begs-buhari-to-settle-slander-case-out-of-court/.

6. General Buhari obliged and settled out of court. Reuben Abati with The Guardian published an unreserved apology to Buhari in the Guardian of 11th July, 2013.

7. Late General Azazi referred to the PDP “ungovernable” crises and anger that did actually lead to Boko Haram terror franchise hired by the PDP.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by suwailad(f): 10:26pm On Mar 29, 2015
NaMe4:
O boy, election don finish o!

he is using the t.v that runs on kerosense, so he gets backdated info
Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by NaMe4: 10:28pm On Mar 29, 2015
suwailad:

he is using the t.v that runs on kerosense, so he gets backdated info

lipsrsealed.
Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by tonytony208(m): 10:57pm On Mar 29, 2015
fonzie2u:

The EFCC and ICPC you mentioned were used by OBJ to torment and witchhunt his political enemies. They were not formed to actually fight corruption. Why are you commenting like a fellow with disgustingly shallow memory and lack of sense of history.

1 Like

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:13pm On Mar 29, 2015
tonytony208:

The EFCC and ICPC you mentioned were used by OBJ to torment and witchhunt his political enemies. They were not formed to actually fight corruption. Why are you commenting like a fellow with disgustingly shallow memory and lack of sense of history.

Whether target or no target, real corrupt people were caught. Back then, there was no jamboree in corruption as it is under GEJ.

Most people cry they were targets but eornhands were caught inside the pot trying to steal meat.

Like Adolphus Nwabara. Under GEJ, you can dangle the stolen meat in front of the owner and you walk few.

1 Like

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by aresa: 1:01am On Mar 30, 2015
RebelChip:

1999-2007

2007-2010

2011-2015

To say other people didn't reject OBJ and Abacha's rule reflects a sad and ignorant understanding per your own country.

OBJ is Yoruba, but the SW still didn't vote for him and didn't recognize his rule, same goes for Abacha...

Change is not solely about GEJ, it's about the PDP and 16 years of PDP rule which GEJ is representing...

Nigerians have serious issues with GEJ's actions as the president of Nigeria and it has nothing to do with the lame and silly excuse about making anything difficult for him and even if they did, you mean he's too weak and incompetent to overcome with all the statutory powers, money and security apparatus at his disposal?

When BH was attacking and slaughtering Nigerians, he looked the other way, when they ask him to do something about corruption, he said it's our imagination and stealing is not corruption, when hundreds of school girls were kidnapped, he was silent for weeks and his wife ridicule and insult Nigerians on National TV, he surrounds himself with corrupt people, FFK his election spokesman is on trial for corruption, his party chatman is still under efcc investigation for corruption, he blamed Nigerians and the press for the police college rot fiasco and instead of punishing the people responsible, he promoted them and gave them National awards, his idiotic wife asked Nigerians to be stoned..

2 Likes

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by IGBOSON1: 1:06am On Mar 30, 2015
Bros, if they don't shout 'change-change-change' wetin you want make dem shout!?
Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by egift(m): 1:07am On Mar 30, 2015
OP stop the rant. It is very pathetic.

Sai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by IGBOSON1: 1:19am On Mar 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Let us speak the truth. I am a Niger Deltan, that does not change the fact that his regime is the most corrupt.

Stella Oduah was an appointed member of his cabinet but GEJ was helpless in sacking her after evidences of corruption.

GEJ spent money on private jets while the nation burned.

GEJ was clueless when it came to defending lives against Boko Haram. As he says, he underestimated them. Playing with people's lives that are irreplaceable.

He pardoned Alameiseigha, a convicted fellow who looted the treasury of the people he was to protect.

GEJ armed militants with Billions of naira, while PHD holders are looking for jobs and workers are not paid.

These militants will be a problem tomorrow and you are more interested in your fellow Niger Deltan ruling.

^^^Bia enyi! Better remove Princess Stella from this your useless predictable rant....before i invoke thunder and lightening to strike your sorry pathetic arsse!

Fool!
Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by focus7: 1:26am On Mar 30, 2015
Make frustration no kill you oh. You are so shameless, if corruption did not start from Jonathan must he promote it to the highest realm? No body hate south southern, is just that Nigerians can no longer cope with incompetence, next time you should men with integrity, dignity and competence. Well, wait announce the total result but don't forget to invite barcanister to join you to help jonathan park his load back to Otueke come May29.

2 Likes

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by ChristyG(f): 1:41am On Mar 30, 2015
RebelChip:

1999-2007

2007-2010

2011-2015

it is funny how u start ur history from 1999. Nigeria became a republic in 1963 and it was u slimy Ibo @$$holes who joined forces with the northerners against the south,with azikwe the beautiful bride,same thing with shagari and ezekweume.now dat yorubas are joining forces with the north,u are throwing useless threats and insults.phuck u all,yorubas will vote for whoever they want.yorubas and hausa destroyed Nigeria,is it a Yoruba or Hausa man rulling bayelsa or abia? these rundown shitholes are run by your people so u ain't saints either.
the most important thing a country should have is good human resources if not the oil will not help(like Nigeria)and if the best niger delta could produce is Jonathan then..............

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? by ROCKJ1(m): 3:02am On Mar 30, 2015
I am happy all this is happening to Goodluck so that if he wins, he would sit up and work hard to change things. Nigerians are becoming more politically aware.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biography Of Sir Onowu Emeka Anyasodike / Agbado Crossing Way Road In Ogun State: How Bad Could This Get?(photo) / PHOTOS: Fulani Herdsmen Cattle Invade Teaching Hospital In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.