Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,622 members, 7,816,562 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

What Happens If GMB Wins But Looses In Court? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happens If GMB Wins But Looses In Court? (1076 Views)

With Presidential Elections, Nigeria Wins. But It Loses, Too. / OBAMA Asked Buhari To Be Peaceful When He Looses In 4days Time / What Will Happen If GMB Loses This Election Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens If GMB Wins But Looses In Court? by dwilliams: 9:31pm On Mar 29, 2015
I have been following the political trend in d country with a keen interest, but if I must ask, "what happens if GMB is declared the winner but he ends up loosing his eligibility suit in court?

Anyway in other news

Sai Buhari
Re: What Happens If GMB Wins But Looses In Court? by micklplus(m): 9:36pm On Mar 29, 2015
Nothing will happen because, event would have taken over. That's the position of the law and that cannot be changed
Re: What Happens If GMB Wins But Looses In Court? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 29, 2015
micklplus:
Nothing will happen because, event would have taken over. That's the position of the law and that cannot be changed

Which law?

Meanwhile this is a clear failure of our justice system. The judge should have ruled either way before election.

How do you conclude eligibility suit after the election itself? Only in Nigeria!
Re: What Happens If GMB Wins But Looses In Court? by Olamitisoji(m): 9:43pm On Mar 29, 2015
The court's sentence is final like the person above me has said.
Re: What Happens If GMB Wins But Looses In Court? by Olamitisoji(m): 9:47pm On Mar 29, 2015
mikeansy:

Which law?

Meanwhile this is a clear failure of our justice system. The judge should have ruled either way before election.

How do you conclude eligibility suit after the election itself? Only in Nigeria!
you are very funny, so you mean if buhari is found guilty he should still be pardoned then whats the pride of nigeria's constitution he himself is claiming to uphold? Then what corruption is he trying to rid?

1 Like

Re: What Happens If GMB Wins But Looses In Court? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 29, 2015
Olamitisoji:
you are very funny, so you mean if buhari is found guilty he should still be pardoned then whats the pride of nigeria's constitution he himself is claiming to uphold? Then what corruption is he trying to rid?

If he is found guilty he stands disqualified

I am only saying the judgement should have come before the election not after.

In terms of when I asked which law? That was in reaction to the man who said the judgement could be taken over by events!
Re: What Happens If GMB Wins But Looses In Court? by Olamitisoji(m): 10:18pm On Mar 29, 2015
mikeansy:

If he is found guilty he stands disqualified

I am only saying the judgement should have come before the election not after.

In terms of when I asked which law? That was in reaction to the man who said the judgement could be taken over by events!
his lawyers were only given good time to come up with an evidence that he has a certificate.
Re: What Happens If GMB Wins But Looses In Court? by micklplus(m): 6:20am On Mar 30, 2015
mikeansy:

Which law?

We are basically saying the same thing. The judge should have ruled before the election. Since that didn't happen, he cannot be disqualified against because, the election he was said not to be eligible has now been conducted. In that case, event has taken over.

For example, eligibility of fayose was put to test, the case could not fly because, the election had already been conducted so, event already taken over the eligibility suit. Hope you understand now?

Cheers

1 Like

Re: What Happens If GMB Wins But Looses In Court? by slap1(m): 6:31am On Mar 30, 2015
Any honest person knows he is not constitutionally qualified to contest, having failed to fulfil the requirements of INEC. I feel he is sitting on a keg of gunpowder by going ahead to contest despite the glaring issue of his procedural shortcoming.

The court case could be the PDP's knockout punch.

1 Like

Re: What Happens If GMB Wins But Looses In Court? by NegeduGrace(f): 6:40am On Mar 30, 2015
Ah o tio!...he will loose both d election n court case!
Baba Goodluck
Till 2019!!

2 Likes

Re: What Happens If GMB Wins But Looses In Court? by Richhard(m): 8:26am On Apr 01, 2015
NegeduGrace:
Ah o tio!...he will loose both d election n court case!
Baba Goodluck
Till 2019!!

errrm how are u missus?

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Barcanista? / Breaking News: PDP Chairman, Youth Shot Dead In Ebonyi / An Open Letter To All Chauvinistic Misogynists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.