Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

An Open Letter To All Chauvinistic Misogynists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To All Chauvinistic Misogynists (1077 Views)

The Misogynists In The Nigerian Senate By Reuben Abati / An Open Letter To Mr. Femi Adesina On Need For A Robust Media Strategy / An Open Letter To Senator John Kerry And President Barack Obama By A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To All Chauvinistic Misogynists by holayeenka(m): 1:45am On Apr 13, 2015
This is an open letter to all members of the He-man Women Haters Club. How market? This is my reaction to your uncultured comments on the rumored immergence of Aishatu Alhassan as the Governor elect of Taraba State. Yes! In case you haven’t heard, it is a rumour, INEC announced Dairus Ishaku (PDP) as the winner. Nonetheless, I will tell you my mind, irrespective of what you think.
It’s unbelievable that your male ego was deeply bruised by what would have been a wise choice by the people of Taraba. You will rather have a vegetative man rule Taraba state than have a competent woman do the job. On hearing the news, your myopic mind triggered wails of ‘women of taraba have taken their men’s trousers!’ ‘So her husband will occupy office of the first man,’ you scorned. I am forced to ask, what is wrong with you?

It is a pathetic wonder that beasts of your species still exists. You even went on to say that the vegetative governor is better than the alleged woman elect. I find your existence a mystery; your life goals and will power is infused in your penile muscle and more surprising is the fact that you think with your middle-belt region. Is your mother a woman? You are a disgrace to manhood (if there is anything like that).
I try to understand your plight to no avail. You mean you will rather die than be saved by a woman? You believe women have no place in leadership because it’s your birthright. You own a penis and then you are a leader? That's it? Pathetic! Leadership is not a function of gender, Sappho (570 BC) would explain that to you, Cleopatra (69-30BC) would have your penis barbecued before explaining it to you, Queen Amina, Eleanor of Aquitaine, Joan of Arc, Elizabeth I, Jane Austen, Golda Meir, Margaret Thatcher, Benazir Bhutto (Pakistani PM), Ellen Johnson Sirleaf…and we are still counting. Like men, these women have their short-comings but over all, they have proven they are as competent as the male folks.

In conclusion, I don’t know what else to tell you. I don’t know how else to explain, but I will sum it up this way, we are all humans. We all have brains. Some of us are men others are women, in fact, some are neither of the two. What else do I tell you? Ok…Aishatu may not have won this election but she has done something very important just like Remi Sonaiya did. She has proven to the women of Taraba and Nigeria that there is no limit to a woman’s dream. When your women haters asked her ‘why?’ she replied you with ‘Why not?’ ....peace

1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To All Chauvinistic Misogynists by cy4cent(f): 4:05am On Apr 13, 2015
God bless you, I had to go check again to be sure you are a man, cos you spoke with so much passion for the women folk, which many women cannot do ,let alone a man.

Nigerian men need to change their mentality about women.
for the sake of ego n pride they will never want a woman to head them,unless it is an appointment.

when it comes to voting we the women queue up behind them n vote for them, when it comes to our turn, they queue up behind the men,intimate their wives to vote for the men, n make sure they use protest votes against us, what wrong have we done, is it a crime to be a woman in Nigeria

we have female presidents in some countries, you think it was only the votes of women that gave them victory?? nah it wasn't men that see nothing wrong in a woman leading also voted for them!!!
for how long are we going to remain relevant only in your kitchens and bearing children??

pls Nigerian men change your mentality about us, support us cos we can lead as well!!!

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Chauvinistic Misogynists by Supremor(m): 5:14am On Apr 13, 2015
The prejudice against women only helps to expose our immaturity politically. I was so happy with the news the lady from Taraba stood a chance of emerging bt if the reason she lost is largely due to the fact that she's a woman then we have a long way to go in correcting such impressions; we've seen women leaders of our age and how they've been able to carry through some even than their male folks the Chancellor of Germany is one of such but the problem is even mostly not with men but women who will rather have men whether competent or not rule over then than females. Women still constitute a larger percentage of the electorate so if, the awareness I think needs to come from the females

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To All Chauvinistic Misogynists by iPopAlomo(m): 5:32am On Apr 13, 2015
The OP is gay... see how he's ranting like a woman... I'm indifferent whether she won or lost a governorship election... But a female Nigerian president... I die!!! I say it again... I die!!!

Your balls have gone soft...
Re: An Open Letter To All Chauvinistic Misogynists by Tallesty1(m): 6:19am On Apr 13, 2015
cy4cent:
God bless you, I had to go check again to be sure you are a man, cos you spoke with so much passion for the women folk, which many women cannot do ,let alone a man.
So selecting male while creating account here automatically makes one a man? I see.

Maybe I will change mine to "F" and become a woman. I may even develop breast if I am lucky enough.

cy4cent:
Nigerian men need to change their mentality about women.[/Quote]Which mentality? Do you think she would still lose if she had campaigned well enough and have gotten all the votes of all the women in Taraba?

[quote author=cy4cent post=32661221]For the sake of ego n pride they will never want a woman to head them, unless it is an appointment.
I am lost here. A man contested and a woman also contested and unfortunately for her she lost to the man, same way many other men lost to their opponents in all other states and you are saying that men would have allowed her to rule? How? Buy not voting for the other candidate? Is this really how you think? Just like I said earlier, this woman would have won if all the women in Taraba voted for her. Okey Ezea in Enugu state has failed election more than two times yet we are not crying because we know that most men failed in their first attempt. I have always supported women empowerment but seeing the way you guys reason, I think I am beginning to have double mind. I think the only time you folks should be allowed to be in the front is only when you are getting it from behind, ie doggy style.
cy4cent:
when it comes to voting we the women queue up behind them n vote for them, when it comes to our turn, they queue up behind the men, intimate their wives to vote for the men, n make sure they use protest votes against us,
Pathetic. Are you saying that no man voted for her? Are you expecting the people of Taraba State to not vote for the man at all? I really don't get it.
cy4cent:
what wrong have we done, is it a crime to be a woman in Nigeria
Nope, but it is a crime to think that politics is a game you can win with pet names and sweet words. It is a game for the toughys.
cy4cent:
we have female presidents in some countries, you think it was only the votes of women that gave them victory??
And you think men didn't vote for Aisha? You think she lost because she didn't get support from men? You are funny. Buhari lost presidential election how many times?
cy4cent:
nah it wasn't men that see nothing wrong in a woman leading also voted for them!!!
Abia....... Abeg go back to sleep. The best person won and it has nothing to do with Gender. The woman did more I expected, I mean she a ridiculous amount of votes! Over 261k votes in her first attempt. That's impressive, Okey Ezea didn't get that many votes in his second attempt. Believe me, she is likely to win the 2019 election if she continue like this.
cy4cent:
for how long are we going to remain relevant only in your kitchens and bearing children??
If you think Nigerian women are irrelevant then I think you need a hard squeeze on your bosoms.

cy4cent:
pls Nigerian men change your mentality about us, support us cos we can lead as well!!!
Support unah by not voting for men abi?

Lemme just tell you one funny truth, it is the women in Nigeria that do not want women to be recognized the way you wish.

As for that kitchen thing you mentioned above.

God gave women shorter legs so that they can stand very close to the sink.

Write a letter to him toogrin
Re: An Open Letter To All Chauvinistic Misogynists by cy4cent(f): 7:34am On Apr 13, 2015
Tallesty1:
So selecting male while creating account here automatically makes one a man? I see.

Maybe I will change mine to "F" and become a woman. I may even develop breast if I am lucky enough.

if you like you can change to an hermaphrodite I don't care, but for your info 'Mr know it all' this is a faceless forum where what you tell people you are is who they take you to be , I don't have to come ask you to pull your trousers down to clarify if you males or female. as shallow minded as you are that became an issue to you.
Re: An Open Letter To All Chauvinistic Misogynists by cy4cent(f): 7:45am On Apr 13, 2015
Tallesty1:

thank you so much for taking your time to analyse what I wrote it shows you read it n understood , since you took it personal it was directed to your kind,
I don't have to banter words with you, you not worth it, my msg is passed,n it is understood that is the essence of communication.

and for your info we do not use same time zone,you do actually need that sleep you recommended!!!!!

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To All Chauvinistic Misogynists by Tallesty1(m): 9:58am On Apr 13, 2015
cy4cent:

thank you so much for taking your time to analyse what I wrote it shows you read it n understood , since you took it personal it was directed to your kind,
I don't have to banter words with you, you not worth it, my msg is passed,n it is understood that is the essence of communication.

and for your info we do not use same time zone,you do actually need that sleep you recommended!!!!!
I didn't take it personal, I don't have that time to waste. I analyzed it to make you understand what politics is about but it seems like its still beyond your comprehension.

Sha, politics is a game, and in a game, it is either you loose or you win and you should accept whichever one you get in good faith. I don't know why you are bringing gender into it, the Okey Ezea that I used as example lost again and be has accepted it. I expect you and Ashia to the same. She lost because her opponent is better not because she's a woman.

Victim cards don't have a place in politics.

Sure your message is well understood but is pointless.
Re: An Open Letter To All Chauvinistic Misogynists by Tallesty1(m): 10:07am On Apr 13, 2015
cy4cent:
I don't have to banter words with you, you not worth it,
Oh really? Are you sure you didn't underestimate my worth?

Because this was typed by you?
cy4cent:

if you like you can change to an hermaphrodite I don't care, but for your info 'Mr know it all' this is a faceless forum where what you tell people you are is who they take you to be , I don't have to come ask you to pull your trousers down to clarify if you males or female. as shallow mind as you are that became an issue to you.
You explain something to people, you become cmr know it all' I should have allowed you to continue swimming in your ocean of ignorance and hate.

You can dry hump my nevers from now till next year, I won't take you serious.
Re: An Open Letter To All Chauvinistic Misogynists by Opinedecandid(m): 10:49am On Apr 13, 2015
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with a woman Governor.
Infact, a woman's strength of character and fortitude of acumen, to me, surpasses that of a man.

Talk of competence, it is a matter of exposure, experience, wisdom and knowledge. And non of these things is gender sensitive.

Talk of milk of human kindness, level-headdedness, humane nature and sensitivity, a woman always has it more than a man.

And notice that some of these traits a woman possesses more than a man is actually what we need now.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To All Chauvinistic Misogynists by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 13, 2015
Very funny @OP. Well, I don't know of others but I was not against her because she is a woman neither did I support Ishaku because he is a man. The APC owned TVC had broadcasted her victory even when results were in collation. That triggered unnecessary celebration and opposition. Everyone to their reasons, but let me assure you that you don't get to the top by playing the gender card. Hilary, Elizabeth II, brazillian president etc never played the gender card. Not even former Speaker Etteh or Senator Elect Stella Oduah played the card when seeking for office. Dora ran Against Ngige in 2011 and losy by a single vote, she never accused it on the men. Remi ran against Dosunmu for Lagos Central Senate seat and won, she never played gender card. Why not respect the will of the people and desist from gender blackmail?

We ought to be civil..
Re: An Open Letter To All Chauvinistic Misogynists by cy4cent(f): 11:02am On Apr 13, 2015
Supremor:
The prejudice against women only helps to expose our immaturity politically. I was so happy with the news the lady from Taraba stood a chance of emerging bt if the reason she lost is largely due to the fact that she's a woman then we have a long way to go in correcting such impressions; we've seen women leaders of our age and how they've been able to carry through some even than their male folks the Chancellor of Germany is one of such but the problem is even mostly not with men but women who will rather have men whether competent or not rule over then than females. Women still constitute a larger percentage of the electorate so if, the awareness I think needs to come from the females

thank you so much for being different, we will take up the challenge n create more awareness...
Re: An Open Letter To All Chauvinistic Misogynists by cy4cent(f): 11:07am On Apr 13, 2015
Opinedecandid:
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with a woman Governor.
Infact, a woman's strength of character and fortitude of acumen, to me, surpasses that of a man.

Talk of competence, it is a matter of exposure, experience, wisdom and knowledge. And non of these things is gender sensitive.

Talk of milk of human kindness, level-headdedness, humane nature and sensitivity, a woman always has it more than a man.

And notice that some of these traits a woman possesses more than a man is actually what we need now.

you guys are the bomb, we will get there, 2019 is just 4 years away, by God's grace we will do better.
Re: An Open Letter To All Chauvinistic Misogynists by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 13, 2015
cy4cent:

you guys are the bomb, we will get there, 2019 is just 4 years away, by God's grace we will do better.
grin grin grin grin grin

Btw CYM....
Re: An Open Letter To All Chauvinistic Misogynists by holayeenka(m): 3:47am On Jun 21, 2020
Wow...it's so nice coming here after so many years and discovering my write-up triggered quite a conversation. Thank you all for contributing

(1) (Reply)

. / Jonathan Exits Creates Excitement Like Abacha's Death. / Pro-biafra Group Honours Fallen Heroes - Vangaurd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.