Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,759 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing (5722 Views)

INEC Announces Results Of Edo Governorship Election: Live Updates / Rivers Rerun Election: Live Result Thread / Election 2015: Live Election Update - PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by tit(f): 5:50am On Mar 30, 2015
Lagos Election Results of Saturday not Yet at Collation Center!

The agent of the Peoples Democratic Party for the presidential election collation in Lagos State, Mr. Wahab Owokoniran, and his All Progressives Congress counterpart, Senator Tokunbo Afikuyomi, on Monday morning hotly disagreed during the collation exercise at the Independent National Electoral Commission Lagos office.

The quarrel began immediately the Collation Officer for Lagos State, Prof. Isaac Adewole, announced the suspension of the collation of the presidential poll till 8am.

Before Adewole suspended the collation of the result at 1.48am, electoral officers of four local government areas had submitted the results of their respective council areas, while the results for the remaining 16 local government areas had yet to be returned to the INEC office.

But immediately after Adewole, who is the Vice Chancellor, University of Ibadan, announced the suspension of the collation of the result, Owokoniran flared up and protested the decision, asking the state collation officer to explain the rationale behind the shift.

Owokoniran raised issues concerning non-arrival of the result of the election that was conducted on Saturday.

He said the result ought to have been brought to the INEC office.

According to him, result of many polling units, where PDP won, were manipulated in favour of APC.

Owokoniran also alleged that election did not take place in no fewer than 30 polling units in Epe Local Government Area of the state and yet result was declared for them.

“In some local government areas, election had been concluded two days ago. What could have delayed the collation? I suspect there are some discrepancies somewhere.

“We will not accept any result different from the one we have,” he said.

Owokoniran, however, submitted two petitions to the Resident Electoral Commissioner, Mr. Akin Orebiyi, questioning the electoral body’s collation process.

But Afikuyomi dismissed the claim, saying only INEC had the authority to announce the result of any election.

He asked Owokoniran to speak by facts, rather than making issues that could generate controversy.

Describing himself as one of those who framed the Electoral Act, Afikuyomi said, “Before we begin to make allegations about results being tampered with, without any substantial evidence or a single shred of fact, I think we must speak to facts and records.

“For instance, with regard to the result for Apapa Local Government Area, I have issues, but I will wait for us to get there. I think we watch the way we make claims because it can have serious implications.”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by PassingShot(m): 5:51am On Mar 30, 2015
No evidence of anything here. Your news lacks substance.

If APC will rig, it cannot be in Lagos with all the bigwig PDP politicians there. In your report, the PDP man was just making unsubstantiated allegations without any proof.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by danio24ng(m): 5:53am On Mar 30, 2015
I think we should all wait for INEC to do their bit, we don't want post election violence o.
As I dey here so, I wan go hustle.
Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by Nobody: 5:55am On Mar 30, 2015
Getting close to 48 hours results of ordinary 500k bayelsa result is yet to be announced

PDP is busy thumb ballot papers in SS/SE your here crying foul

guess what eventhough se/ss results come out 100% for Jonathan BUHARI still wins the election

APC RIG IF YOU CAN nothing will happen!!

16 Likes

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by lilbabyak(m): 6:00am On Mar 30, 2015
mumu pdp-pigs. crying foul where there is none.

sai baba

7 Likes

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by Mynd44: 6:04am On Mar 30, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
Getting close to 48 hours results of ordinary 500k bayelsa result is yet to be announced

guess what eventhough se/ss results come out 100% for Jonathan BUHARI still wins the election

No. They should not rig.

They need to get the people's confidence

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by henryangelo: 6:08am On Mar 30, 2015
Everybody knows how this election will end but some people are busy comforting theirselves with fake result,after all said and done GEJ will win and APC will go to court, they will be in court till 2019 and buhari will contest again if he is still interested

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by clevvermind(m): 6:08am On Mar 30, 2015
lilbabyak:
mumu pdp-pigs. crying foul where there is none.

sai baba
shut up there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by Caseless: 6:18am On Mar 30, 2015
PDP should tell us why results from SS(including those from gej's PU) and SE are still being kept from the public eyes, and not crying over the non-availability of lagos results at the collation center. Afterall, lagos is part of the SW and over 60% of results from that region are in the public domain already. Those that come to equity must come with clean hands.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by tit(f): 6:21am On Mar 30, 2015
You guys should condemn bad things.
Do not cry if Muazu announces his own results oo.
it is better apc just surrender peacefully
Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by PassingShot(m): 6:23am On Mar 30, 2015
henryangelo:
Everybody knows how this election will end but some people are busy comforting theirselves with fake result,after all said and done GEJ will win and APC will go to court, they will be in court till 2019 and buhari will contest again if he is still interested

You must think this is June 12,1993.

All eyes on us, y'know!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by Nobody: 6:29am On Mar 30, 2015
Yungwizzzy:

Would you shut up and face your region.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by egift(m): 6:40am On Mar 30, 2015
Tit, what is happening in SE and some parts of SS is what is called Rigging - but you refuse to see or even acknowledge it. It is a REC who announce available results ans ask for a break, while the other results arrive that got you panic across the Web.

By kicking out PDP, Nigerians will be solving a large chunk of the burden that weighs us down.

Sai Buhari all the way!

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by darksuit(m): 6:43am On Mar 30, 2015
yeyeyeye
Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by melvin0004(m): 6:44am On Mar 30, 2015
Caseless:
PDP should tell us why results from SS(including those from gej's PU) and SE are still being kept from the public eyes, and not crying over the non-availability of lagos results at the collation center. Afterall, lagos is part of the SW and over 60% of results from that region are in the public domain already. Those that come to equity must come with clean hands.
which results. ..fake results on social media
Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by henryangelo: 7:01am On Mar 30, 2015
PassingShot:

You must think this is June 12,1993.

All eyes on us, y'know!
Nothing like that is happening, the result will follow a neutral course and GEJ will still win and you will resort to violence but WHO CARES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by PassingShot(m): 7:08am On Mar 30, 2015
henryangelo:

Nothing like that is happening, the result will follow a neutral course and GEJ will still win and you will resort to violence but WHO CARES

I like your faith I must commend you but I need to ask where your confidence is derived from, especially seeing that PDP have been beaten in the so-called too-close-to-call states.

As things stand now, APC have won 4 states in the SW (will be 5 when Lagos is added) and PDP just 1 state. In the NC, APC have cleared Kwara, Niger and Kogi; Nassarawa may soon be added too leaving PDP with Benue and possibly Plateau.

Are you expecting to beat GMB in the NW and NE? Jokers of the century.

6 Likes

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by focus7: 7:13am On Mar 30, 2015
Ugly face who made election observant?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by henryangelo: 7:15am On Mar 30, 2015
PassingShot:

I like your faith I must commend you but I need to ask where your confidence is derived from, especially seeing that PDP have been beaten in the so-called too-close-to-call states.

As things stand now, APC have won 4 states in the SW (will be 5 when Lagos is added) and PDP just 1 state. In the NC, APC have cleared Kwara, Niger and Kogi; Nassarawa may soon be added too leaving PDP with Benue and possibly Plateau.

Jega of NL, I hear you,continue heighing yourself,all I ask of you is not to resort to violence when the real result is announced

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by Charlotte15: 7:17am On Mar 30, 2015
They should not announce the results in Lagos until we have heard from the ss and se

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by capip120(m): 7:19am On Mar 30, 2015
Caseless:
What are you saying Mr.? Because it's APC you guys Neva seem to agree when ever it is reported that APC is rigging. Come to terms and agree with the fact that this is politics nobody is a saint. You guys always believe all the places you control came clean while in reality it's filled with Cow tricks. If the report has stated PDP is rigging I wonder what the reply would have been.
Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by lilprinze: 7:21am On Mar 30, 2015
Later they would open their dirty mouth and be saying PDP wants to rig the election.
Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 30, 2015
let the best rigger win.oya game begin!!!
Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by eposho: 7:25am On Mar 30, 2015
henryangelo:

Jega of NL, I hear you,continue heighing yourself,all I ask of you is not to resort to violence when the real result is announced
which kain ingrich be that, I mean the heighing part.
Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:25am On Mar 30, 2015
tit:
Lagos Election Results of Saturday not Yet at Collation Center!

The agent of the Peoples Democratic Party for the presidential election collation in Lagos State, Mr. Wahab Owokoniran, and his All Progressives Congress counterpart, Senator Tokunbo Afikuyomi, on Monday morning hotly disagreed during the collation exercise at the Independent National Electoral Commission Lagos office.

The quarrel began immediately the Collation Officer for Lagos State, Prof. Isaac Adewole, announced the suspension of the collation of the presidential poll till 8am.

Before Adewole suspended the collation of the result at 1.48am, electoral officers of four local government areas had submitted the results of their respective council areas, while the results for the remaining 16 local government areas had yet to be returned to the INEC office.

But immediately after Adewole, who is the Vice Chancellor, University of Ibadan, announced the suspension of the collation of the result, Owokoniran flared up and protested the decision, asking the state collation officer to explain the rationale behind the shift.

Owokoniran raised issues concerning non-arrival of the result of the election that was conducted on Saturday.

According to him, result of many polling units, where PDP won, were manipulated in favour of APC.

Owokoniran also alleged that election did not take place in no fewer than 30 polling units in Epe Local Government Area of the state and yet result was declared for them.

“In some local government areas, election had been concluded two days ago. What could have delayed the collation? I suspect there are some discrepancies somewhere.

Owokoniran, however, submitted two petitions to the Resident Electoral Commissioner, Mr. Akin Orebiyi, questioning the electoral body’s collation process.

But Afikuyomi dismissed the claim, saying only INEC had the authority to announce the result of any election.

He asked Owokoniran to speak by facts, rather than making issues that could generate controversy.

Describing himself as one of those who framed the Electoral Act, Afikuyomi said, “Before we begin to make allegations about results being tampered with, without any substantial evidence or a single shred of fact, I think we must speak to facts and records.

“For instance, with regard to the result for Apapa Local Government Area, I have issues, but I will wait for us to get there. I think we watch the way we make claims because it can have serious implications.”
u seriously need to grow some teeth. In the civic SW, except Ekiti where they have a thug as a governor, people waited to see the votes being counted. SW is the most civic land in this country.

Slap a source to your stupid Lamentations and we might consider giving it a though to ease you thru your pain

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 30, 2015
PassingShot:

You mean INEC has announced results for all those states you mentioned?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by ayindejimmy(m): 7:40am On Mar 30, 2015
tit:
You guys should condemn bad things.
Do not cry if Muazu announces his own results oo.
it is better apc just surrender peacefully

can you please read ur comment ? So if a party is winning in its base ...thats rigging? were u expecting pdp to win lagos? Thats likened to apc winning Akwa Ibom

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by Clerverly: 7:41am On Mar 30, 2015
In Fact all the results in the North West/North East should be withheld till we hear from South East/SS!

The north should be ready to match any figure from the rigging coven in the south!

May thunder fire PDP!!

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by PassingShot(m): 7:54am On Mar 30, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

You mean INEC has announced results for all those states you mentioned?

Yes, in the SW and NC states I mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by otr1(m): 8:03am On Mar 30, 2015
What's this one saying
Have we seen any result in the SS/SE yet?
Allow APC do their own riggings too, in order to neutralize whatever you people are doing down there.
We will also inflate the remaining results coming from the North. Wait and see! APC isn't sleeping too.

Edited:
Votes from GEJ's PU should not be up to 300 in any circumstance, coz the total number number of accredited voters is 200+, so we want to know how they will record 600 for him.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing by Lifebender(m): 8:04am On Mar 30, 2015
tit:
[s]Lagos Election Results of Saturday not Yet at Collation Center!

“For instance, with regard to the result for Apapa Local Government Area, I have issues, but I will wait for us to get there. I think we watch the way we make claims because it can have serious implications[/s].”

Shebi i don tell you say make u no dey display ya stewpiditi onlineundecided.Shey na d market wey u suppose dey for this morning dey sell akara be dat

Anyway,a no blame u na baba tit i blame for refusing to pay for ya edu.after basic 6 thinking u too can become Faka Jonathan and Chukwu for givin u belle at 17
cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Was Bukola Saraki Doing,sitting On This Dirty Pavement? (photo) / Who Deserve Your Seat And Why? (Picture) / BREAKING NEWS!!! Abia Guber: Alex Otti Steps In; The Battle Rages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.