Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,154 members, 7,845,804 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Open Letter To President Elect General Mohammadu Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To President Elect General Mohammadu Buhari (568 Views)

President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari On The Shuttle Bus / What If The President Elect General Mohammadu Buhari Dies Before May 29th? / General Mohammadu Buhari Leads President Jonathan In New Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To President Elect General Mohammadu Buhari by itsMrIke(m): 7:53pm On Mar 31, 2015
Dear Sir Mohammadu Buhari,

At the beginning of this race, I chose my candidate in the person of General Mohammadu Buhari of the APC. Many people thought I was nuts for choosing a Muslim over a Christian. I stood firm in my support for the general, because I knew my choice was borne out of a need to bring change. I refused to be lead by religious, regional or tribal bias.

Many of my kinsmen thought me a lost son supporting the General, a lot others termed me a fool for thinking GMB would be elected president. Now posterity has proven right, it has proven me wise and I am glad that I stood firm in my resolve to vote for change. I am prouder today for ignoring my kinsmen and naysayers. I am proud of the General for showing me that persistence is a virtue. People called you a perpetual failure, but today your persistence has vindicated you!! You persistence has vindicated Nigerians.

My General sir, I congratulate you this day. I congratulate the many Nigerians who chose change over religious/ethnic/regional sentiments. I congratulate the entire people of this nation for having the most peaceful election ever.

My General sir, I wish to ask certain favours of you;
- Please overlook the regions that rejected you in this election. Instead think of the people among them who chose to vote for you simply because they believed in your capabilities.
- Now that you have been elected, Nigeria must be treated as a nation, not as a nation with different regions. Please sir, don't ever see along religious/regional lines.
- Please sir, don't allow any group to disrupt the peace of the nation. Swift actions should be taken to nip any militia in the bud.
- Please sir, do not forget the promises you made to Nigerians, we progress requires work and we hope you get to it immediately.
- Please sir, do not surround yourself with people who never mean well for this Nation. Please reject counsel from selfish advisers.

Sir, I will plead with you to retain Chief Osita Chidoka as the Aviation Minister. Sir, this man is as credible, honourable and efficient as you are.

So sir, as we await your swearing in on May 29, I pray that Nigeria continues to maintain the peace and unity.

God Bless You sir,
God Bless Nigeria!!!

A strong supporter of change!!!
Sai Buhari!!!

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To President Elect General Mohammadu Buhari by Horus(m): 7:54pm On Mar 31, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Who Will You Dedicate Gmb's Victory To? / Jubilant Crowd Take Over APC Secretariat, Abuja Roads / Khloe Kardarshian Butt Exposed In A Tight Black Pants On The Red Carpet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.