Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy (16240 Views)

You Are Insane, Nigerians Voted Jonathan Out - Presidency Blasts Reno Omokiri / Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / NIGERIANS VOTED JONATHAN BECAUSE OF THE NAME "GOODLUCK" - PASTOR SAM ADEYEMI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by boladeen(m): 12:28am On Apr 01, 2015
shortgun:
My brother one of the reasons why GEJ conceded defeat is to prevent people from been killed (especially Igbos) in the North and other parts of the Country.

It's very glaring that this Election was massively rigged in favor of APC in the states where they controlled.

An average Northerner is tribal ; but they will be quick accuse other tribes of tribalism.
Rigged? In favour of APC? So na una no rig abi. U beta go sleep

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 12:31am On Apr 01, 2015
Nwa ekwensu onye kpasu gi iwe?
Je si nne gi shut up.
Rhino5dm:

Just shut da f**k up!

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 12:32am On Apr 01, 2015
Mumu and you are highly pleased with the 30% of yoruba population that voted GEJ.
spokezman:
am highly disappointed in igbos

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by M17: 12:34am On Apr 01, 2015
oakson:
As far as am concerned Yorubas remain the most detribalised tribe in Nigeria, as we were torn into two by the two parties. Going by the avalanche of votes that were ceded to Jonathan in the east, I can convincingly assert that igbos are far from being a nationalist! Its so glaring... Let's call a spade a spade! You need to hear the comments coming from most of your kinsmen (that we crossed paths) on their reasons for supporting GEJ(a particular igbo lady lost 600thousand naira due to the fall of the naira yet she sees nothing wrong in GEJ's govt).
Just like saying he is ours let him ruin it if he likes

look at you cow . grin grin grin grin maluuu ,you really think you making sense right ? ,cow maluuu ?>.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Setaje(f): 12:39am On Apr 01, 2015
Liegeria:

Oga, they may be non-Yoruba, but we see them as qualified Lagosians.

U get time to dey reply that one. He just typed bullshit.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by TopGee: 12:43am On Apr 01, 2015
Before you think of killing Igbos, remember the power is not yet taken by you. Your tribe maybe lynched first. Though, peace is better, but no single person monopolize violence.

No apology for voting for a candidate I trust.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by bismarck: 12:52am On Apr 01, 2015
Onegai:
Quick question:

In 2011, the entire SW and North Central (Taraba and Plateau and co) overwhelmingly voted for GEJ. In 2015, the same regions gave their votes to Buhari.

So why are you people now calling them tribalistic?

And yeah, us SS people don't align ourselves with Igbo politics. Some of it is tribal but a lot of the animosity stems from the fact you guys are constantly claiming us "our brothers and our cousins" and there is a lot of dominancy to that claim. It makes us uncomfortable (an example of that is when Igbos meet me and expect me to speak Igbo, when I tell them I'm not, they brush it aside and tell me "you are as good as Igbo" as if my identity and culture don't matter. I don't care how similar you think we are, please respect that difference. I don't call everything above the Niger Hausa-Fulani, why should you call SS your kinsman without them welcoming it? ) An Urhobo man won a seat in Lagos, yet all I'm hearing is "Igbos are growing their clout in Lagos", because apparently his tribal identity is now Igbo (btw I'm from his constituency, he was winning Yoruba votes and not Igbo).

My mum queued up for hours to vote GEJ. If it had been an Igbo candidate, she would have realised her back would hurt from all that standing, there would probably be violence at the poll and used quite a lot of excuses to stay at home. Same thing with my relatives and a lot of SS voters.

You constantly lament about being victims of tribalism yet are tribalistic. GEJ got his largest number of votes from SS states and everyone there feels Igbos let him down by not turning out massively to support him. Because they (and i) kept hearing from so many Igbos "GEJ is our man" and no other reason backed it up save misplaced tribal sentiment. No Igbo state could give him up to 800, 000 votes yet here you all are, still arguing and beating your chests. grin

You've proved you cannot be relied on by any political party attempting to court you (even the SW you're insulting gave him more votes and if I'm a politician now, I will certainly brush up on my Hausa because those guys are loyal grin )

I'm not starting a war, just being truthful.

Mr. Man... [b]ur an id.iot![/b] You should first blame certain governors within ur SS who actively canvassed for APC and even sought to annul votes GEJ got there. Have u even sat down and asked ur useless self y govs. of Jigawa, Kaduna, Gombe, etc. have not expressed displeasure or concern about the 'magic' votes APC polled against their own very candidate (GEJ)? They all kept quiet, knowing fully well were their real loyalty was. Yet Amaechi and Oshiomole were hell-bent on pulling down someone from their region! Use your diseased tongue to count ur rotten teeth!!
For the records, South-East owes no region or group any favours, as it was evident that neither GEJ nor Buhari offered any meaningful expectation of greater role in governance. Yet they remained committed to GEJ's cause and denied Buhari, even in Imo. Honestly, I think I have dignified ur post because u lacked understanding to know that Jonathan was thoroughly outrigged by his own party members in the North, and also demonized by APC govs in the SS

8 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by airmark(m): 12:54am On Apr 01, 2015
francizy:

A good example of how our presence is felt is Lagos state. Someday, we will be able to produce a deputy and afterwards, a governor in Lagos state.
We Igbos respect people in our homeland and also respect our hosts (though same can be said of the Yorubas)

This is one of the loquacious self aggrandisements that makes yorubas not to agree with igbos politically.

vislabraye:

Let the SW continue licking aboki arrss. They will regret.

Did SW lick aboki arss when they supported jonathan against northern cabals when yaradua died and subsequently voted en masse for him in 2011? You guys need to be thinking deep.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by TopGee: 1:16am On Apr 01, 2015
Am Igbo, but I voted for Jonathan not because he has performed but I felt that APC should have offered a better candidate and not Buhari. Jonathan is a dull candidate but I didn't believe in Buhari till tomorrow, but the people have spoken and so shall it be. I supported APC when they formed alliance and wanted to vote APC whether their candidate was a Northerner or not, but certainly I didn't want Buhari as an individual and not because he is Fulani, and will still vote against him till tomorrow unless he can now convince me through his performance.

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by whitecat1: 2:12am On Apr 01, 2015
Liar! Swear with your life that a Yoruba told you that!
You guys are just making stuff up. Pathetic!
sinizia:

Let's call a spade a spade! You needed to hear the comments coming from most of your kinsmen (that I crossed paths with) on their reasons for supporting Buhari (a particular Yoruba lady said she knows Tinubu is more corrupt than GEJ but since PDP has no Yoruba as a VP, she'll go for APC because of Osibanjo).

Just like saying APC is corrupt but if a Yoruba rep is there, I can overlook it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by toprealman: 2:28am On Apr 01, 2015
olu77:
It's a free world and I agree with you that that is the beauty of democracy. I will vote for an igbo president in 2019 as long as a credible candidate is presented.

#[size=15pt]NO[/size] to tribalism
JUST FOR YOUR INFO, BUHARI WILL SHOW JONA THE TOSSER HOW TO RIG ELECTION COME 2019.
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Anthony20: 2:41am On Apr 01, 2015
Remember my remarks during the campaign. The Igbos are angry that they lost the CIVIL WAR because of the northerners, So anywhere they see a NORTHERNER they want to VICTIMIZE HIM. That is their basis for supporting Jonathan, But remember- Chei! Cheii! Chie there is GOD OOOOOOOOOOOOHhhhhhh.
and GOD OOOOOOOOOOOOh don give Buhari.
them go stay or them go follow OTUEKE?

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Inkman(m): 3:11am On Apr 01, 2015
i thought they christened him ebele azikiwe
and called him their son
now he's failed and they forsake him?

4 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 3:14am On Apr 01, 2015
Inkman:
i thought they christened him ebele azikiwe
and called him their son
now he's failed and they forsake him?

grin grin grin
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by olalekan225(m): 4:17am On Apr 01, 2015
W
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:43am On Apr 01, 2015
bismarck:

Mr. Man... [b]ur an id.iot![/b] You should first blame certain governors within ur SS who actively canvassed for APC and even sought to annul votes GEJ got there. Have u even sat down and asked ur useless self y govs. of Jigawa, Kaduna, Gombe, etc. have not expressed displeasure or concern about the 'magic' votes APC polled against their own very candidate (GEJ)? They all kept quiet, knowing fully well were their real loyalty was. Yet Amaechi and Oshiomole were hell-bent on pulling down someone from their region! Use your diseased tongue to count ur rotten teeth!!
For the records, South-East owes no region or group any favours, as it was evident that neither GEJ nor Buhari offered any meaningful expectation of greater role in governance. Yet they remained committed to GEJ's cause and denied Buhari, even in Imo. Honestly, I think I have dignified ur post because u lacked understanding to know that Jonathan was thoroughly outrigged by his own party members in the North, and also demonized by APC govs in the SS
Sentimental sentiments will kill u one day!
You wack of a buullshit!

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:53am On Apr 01, 2015
francizy:
Afam4eva may God bless you for this.

I chose not to insult or argue with people based on this issue.

GEJ an Ijaw man and Sambo a Hausa/Fulani, which of them is related to the Igbos?

But we're tagged biased. All the same, I'm proud that we Igbos made a statement in this election and cannot be underestimated, albeit not being serious enough. It showed greatly in real life, on here and other social networks.

Now imaging if our people had been as serious as the Hausa/Fulani in voting, don't you think this would have been a kind of tie or something?

A good example of how our presence is felt is Lagos state. Someday, we will be able to produce a deputy and afterwards, a governor in Lagos state.

We Igbos respect people in our homeland and also respect our hosts (though same can be said of the Yorubas). If you think it's a lie, then compare Lagos state to Jos/Plateau State and tell me if same visitors in Plateau were the ones in large numbers here in Lagos if there wouldn't have been tribal/religious crises all over Lagos.

I don't normally go tribal but there are some issues that needs to be addressed.
Lemme tell u something u don't knw...

Only in dis part of d world u find an igboman who has greatly suffered under an inept GEJ admin, yet d same igboman would come out & say..

"Eh, na my broda naa, & I must vote 4 am. Vote 4 hausa? Noo! God 4bid bad thing"

Dats Igboman 4 u! angry
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Kagame: 5:54am On Apr 01, 2015
Onegai:
Quick question:

In 2011, the entire SW and North Central (Taraba and Plateau and co) overwhelmingly voted for GEJ. In 2015, the same regions gave their votes to Buhari.

And yeah, us SS people don't align ourselves with Igbo politics. Some of it is tribal but a lot of the animosity stems from the fact you guys are constantly claiming us "our brothers and our cousins" and there is a lot of dominancy to that claim. It makes us uncomfortable (an example of that is when Igbos meet me and expect me to speak Igbo, when I tell them I'm not, they brush it aside and tell me "you are as good as Igbo" as if my identity and culture don't matter. I don't care how similar you think we are, please respect that difference. I don't call everything above the Niger Hausa-Fulani, why should you call SS your kinsman without them welcoming it? ) An Urhobo man won a seat in Lagos, yet all I'm hearing is "Igbos are growing their clout in Lagos", because apparently his tribal identity is now Igbo (btw I'm from his constituency, he was winning Yoruba votes and not Igbo).

My mum queued up for hours to vote GEJ. If it had been an Igbo candidate, she would have realised her back would hurt from all that standing, there would probably be violence at the poll and used quite a lot of excuses to stay at home. Same thing with my relatives and a lot of SS voters.

You constantly lament about being victims of tribalism yet are tribalistic. GEJ got his largest number of votes from SS states and everyone there feels Igbos let him down by not turning out massively to support him. Because they (and i) kept hearing from so many Igbos "GEJ is our man" and no other reason backed it up save misplaced tribal sentiment. No Igbo state could give him up to 800, 000 votes yet here you all are, still arguing and beating your chests. grin

You've proved you cannot be relied on by any political party attempting to court you (even the SW you're insulting gave him more votes and if I'm a politician now, I will certainly brush up on my Hausa because those guys are loyal grin )

I believe you are wrong with your assertion that Igbos did not turn out enmasse to vote for GEJ.

If you had followed the national voter turnout statistics,you'd have realised that apart from Rivers ,Akwa Ibom and Delta ,whose elections were regarded as massively flawed,only Ekiti had an average voter turn out of 57% based on the number of issued PVCs -all SE states conformed to the national average turnout. On that premise,I think it would be wrong for you to use the votes from the mentioned SS states as a yardstick to conclude that Igbos did not support Jonathan. My peeps followed the elections in Rivers state and I can tell you authoritatively that the votes from Rivers were highly inflated, Wike and his crew spent two days in INEC office preparing the results and same can be said of other SS states who broke out of the national average turnout.

4 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:59am On Apr 01, 2015
sinizia:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1991732_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

Anyone accusing Ndi Igbo of tribalism has his remaining 4 fingers pointing back at him. Hausas don't vote outside their tribe/religion. The SW went with Tinubu and other SWestern Governors/leaders to vote Buhari. If Igbos can be accused of tribalism fo supporting GEJ/Sambo with nothing for Igbos, then there's no word to describe the hypocrisy of other tribes.
Agreed dat many geopolitical zones voted on tribalisim but Ndigbo's own is pure unprecedented hatred 4 d hausa man. Simple!

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by kettykin: 6:19am On Apr 01, 2015
MichaelSokoto:

Agreed dat many geopolitical zones voted on tribalisim but Ndigbo's own is pure unprecedented hatred 4 d hausa man. Simple!
Didn't the same igbos vote yaradua, didn't the same igbos vote for shagari and Tofa.
If igbos voted for Buhari against GEJ the same people who sea with only one eye would have been going around and saying igbos back stabbed the South South and their is no southern unity.

People like Edwin Clark would have been telling the world how igbos connived with the north to steal their resources.

Igbos took the best decision to stand behind niger delta to the end now niger delta will know who really betrayed them

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Sanchez01: 6:31am On Apr 01, 2015
DollyParton1:
Well, it would have been a different ball game if the VP was an igbo.

Now the combination of an Hausa and a Yoruba does not appeal to an average igbo person.
You're still being tribalistic here. Your last sentence gives you away easily and it's quite disturbing one could reason that way. To me this was never about Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa. Of the three major, the Igbos (Ohaneze) and the Yorubas (Afenifere) endorsed a candidate while the Hausas (Arewa) kept mute.

We all knew the Yorubas endorsed GEJ because of the so-called promise of implementing the National confab which, according to the Yorubas would benefit them. Honestly, I cannot say the same for the Igbos as to why they endorsed Jonathan. One thing has been visible, GEJ understands that we are divided and is adoption of the name 'Azikiwe' during election period explains this.

Finally, know that the highest level of intelligence electorates can exhibit is when they choose their candidates, not on ethno-religious grounds but on values and what the candidates intend to bring to the table.

The SE save Imo state exhibited sentiments, the SS save Edo state exhibited sentiments and so did the core North. The SW was fairly stiff for both GMB and GEJ and this speaks volume. The consciousness of being Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa is still very harmful to our Democracy.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by francizy(m): 6:41am On Apr 01, 2015
MichaelSokoto:

Lemme tell u something u don't knw...

Only in dis part of d world u find an igboman who has greatly suffered under an inept GEJ admin, yet d same igboman would come out & say..

"Eh, na my broda naa, & I must vote 4 am. Vote 4 hausa? Noo! God 4bid bad thing"

Dats Igboman 4 u! angry

Hahahahaha, you gave me a perfect example of a Fulani/Hausa man bro. Mind you, I schooled in the north and can tell you that even in school politics, Hausa/Fulani will sweep all positions without leaving any for the Kogites, Yorubas, who are in large numbers in my school then.

What will an administration be without involving a diverse mindset? Don't forget that every Nigerian has equal right to vote and be voted for and it is not for a special tribe to be voted for alone.

Check around you, how many Igbos do you see hustling government jobs? How many do you see hustling jobs in private firms? Even when they hustle and it doesn't come their way, the resort to trading or doing one business or the other. Go around markets and see how both uneducated and educated is hustling to make ends meet. Never forget the popular J. F. Kennedy quote..

Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country!

Now I will rephrase this to:

It's not about what your country can do for you but what you can do for "yourself"

I'm hoping that in the future, I will be an entrepreneur, employing the services of people rather than been employed.

Peace brother.

**Modified**

I also wish to tell about what I encountered in ABU. Do you know that election was conducted in the position of a new VC and a southern Kaduna Christian won the election but was never made the VC due to protest both inside and outside the school environment. An Hausa/Fulani man was later brought from another school and made the VC.

My brother, if you are sincere with yourself, is that Democratic? Why can't you people love every other leader like you love your own. Remember we say that we're "one Nigeria".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Sanchez01: 6:43am On Apr 01, 2015
Onegai:
Quick question:

Honestly, you spoke my mind beyond my expectation.
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by sinizia: 6:56am On Apr 01, 2015
whitecat1:
Lier! Swear with your life that a Yoruba told you that!
You guys are just making stuff up. Pathetic!

Two-faced hypocrite. I'm not surprised you didn't type this baloney and nonsense to your brother that I quoted. Like a liar you are, you left his and attacked mine. Same thing I was trying to point out - tribalism!! Pathetic!!!
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by sinizia: 7:05am On Apr 01, 2015
MichaelSokoto:

Going by your flawed judgment, since Ndi Igbo have ruled Nigeria only once, it's safe to say that Yorubas, Hausas and others have unprecedented hatred for Igbos, no? Tell me another tale. I repeat, all elections in Nigeria, both past, present and future, are based on tribalism, ethnicity and religion. It cuts across all tribes; and until Nigerians are ready to arrest this problem, we'll never have a good democracy or governance.

I've seen many Yoruabs say "Agbaje is sound, lettered and a seasoned leader than Ambode, but since he's in PDP, we won't vote him." That's an example tell you, whatever you accuse another resides in your crib. Nigerians in general are tribalistic!!

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Volksfuhrer(m): 7:11am On Apr 01, 2015
shortgun:

Sweetheart, an average Igboman doesn't expect much from the Govt.

I agree. But this attitude has to change!
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 01, 2015
new2020:
Great point made OP. I asked my yoruba friend quite without malice...would you have supported GMB if APC had chosen an Igbo vp? He paused and said no. By the same token, had APC adopted Yoruba/Igbo, frankly they will lose northern vote block. So let's stop the hypocrisy!
4get, didn't we Yorubas voted Jonathan/Sambo last 4 years... #Igbotribalist....
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by arewafederation: 7:30am On Apr 01, 2015
Onegai:
Quick question:

Nice one. The truth is always a bitter pill to swallow.

I can see my ibo brothers have started their usual whining and crying blaming everyone but themselves.

Afam4eva, instead of blaming the north for being biased, tell us ONE GOOD reason a northerner should vote for GEJ.
The same GEJ who claimed Ibos were the foundation of his administration.
The same GEJ whose wife insulted the northerners in an election campaign.
Above all, the same GEJ who looked the other way while over 15,000 northerners were massacred.

History has shown that in 1993, the northerners voted for MKO Abiola agains their son, Bashir Tofa, who even lost in his home state Kano.

It is very wrong for you to conclude that northerners voted solely based on ethnic sentiments. Buhari is the only man that enjoys such massive followership from the north and I can confidently tell you if it were a different northerner, Apc would not have gotten that much from the north.

You should ask yourself what reasons the ibos have for voting the world renowned clueless man GEJ, who has not fulfilled any of his promises to Ndigbo.

In an attempt to blame others for being biased, you ended up exposing the hollow reasoning of an Ibo man.

This is a New Nigeria. I call on all my ibo brothers to learn from their mistake, learn to take competence over ethnicity.

I as a northerner will not hesitate to dump The General if he fails deliver on his promises eventhough in very optimistic that he will not let us down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Texcoco(m): 7:39am On Apr 01, 2015
The hypocrisy from these plonkers is wall-to-wall when you consider the massive block votes Buhari got based on ethno-religious sentiments let us forget the Osinbade effect on the yorubas.But to accuse the igbos who had nothing at stake in the Presidency? That's just cheap blackmail to not only break up the strong bond newly forged with SS which political strategists including northern political rivals of Buhari might want to harness but also to find scapegoats and it will only hasten the dissolution of this country.…

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by lyntiffany(f): 7:59am On Apr 01, 2015
ikenga67:

My brother lets call a spade a spade here...we really dropped the ball on this one. No matter how anyone wants to parse it, history will surely record this as one of the lowest of lows for the Igbo nation. That a proud, very discerning and fiercly independent-minded people, through skillful manipulation by a handle of their so called leaders ( who in turn are nothing but a shameless clache of bean-counting Abuja/Lagos contractors), allowed unfounded primal fear and grade-school propaganda to turn the entire Igbo nation into the pathetic enclave of an accidental, clueless and weak president, from a people who still largely see their ethnic identity through a mixture of jealousy and hatred of the swash-buckling Igbo, is tragic and calls for deep soul searching.
are you kidding me? We did what was right cos every tribe voted for the candidate they think will favour them, ask your self why he won S/W states except ekpiri state cos Yoruba's saw their brother there. My dear we have the right to vote whom we like. Ho figure if it were to be buhari Rochas you think the S/W will vote for the ibos.
Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by huptin(m): 8:32am On Apr 01, 2015
The south west once again proved to have evolved beyond primordial tribal and religious sentiments.... the result of the last presidential elections proved that. no party won with a wide margin in any south western state.
Osinbajo even lost in all the LGAs dominated by his own Ijebu people i call that sophistication

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Voted Jonathan - The Hypocrisy by Akshow: 8:36am On Apr 01, 2015
A sensible Igbo friend posted this on Facebook about Ngige and I think it answers the op aptly

One of the closest Igbo man to the President
Elect is Dr Chris Ngige Onwa, a Senator who
was defeated in the Senatorial Election.
See how bad Igbos are at strategizing? They
couldn't override a pathological hatred for
General Buhari to make a hedge bet and
return this man to the Senate, to enhance his
chances at Senate President, incase General
Buhari wins, which he did.
Instead folks played tribal and religious
politics to the tilt as drunken sailors, and
failed the man and the chance to make
history as Senate President.
That's what happens when emotions trips
common sense and folks succumb to
hustlers like Peter Obi and Arthur Eze,
scoundrels after their own interests instead
of the masses.
I urged caution, I pleaded that we were
making a huge mistake to hitch our wagon
on Jonathan who wasn't going to win. And
predictably he lost, so also our chance in
the new administration.
I hate to gloat.
But maybe, maybe, only maybe he gets a
good ministerial appointment, but nothing
beats being Senate President.
Igbos are very bad at politics.
And sadly it won't stop until we learn to
coexist with others instead of our 'better
than thou' attitude when dealing with the
Hausas and Yorubas. We are not better than
anyone, these folks we thumb our noses at,
are God's creatures like us.
We don't like the Hausas and we don't like
the Yorubas, yet we populate their States in
search for our livelihood. Our politics should
mirror our economic aspirations, not the
other way around.
How long can this collective amnesia
insulate us from meaningfully seating at the
table, making contributions to Nigeria's
political evolution?
How long can this foolishness go on?
How long?
There is a miserable silence across the land
today, because we are realizing that we were
sold off for pennies by pimps who parade as
Igbo leaders. Where are they? Anyone
home?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amosun, Okorocha Are Loyal Party Men, Will Support APC Candidates - Oshiomole / Lai Mohammed Denies Meeting Twitter Executives In The US / What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.