Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Open Letter To Professor Comfort Oluremi Sonaiya - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Professor Comfort Oluremi Sonaiya (790 Views)

Remi Sonaiya & Her Nephew Mock Buhari(pic) / Soyinka Receives Remi Sonaiya, Female Presidential Candidate, In Lagos - Photo / Prof. Sonaiya, The Only Female Presidential Aspirant In The 2015 Election [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Professor Comfort Oluremi Sonaiya by funmo(m): 11:10pm On Mar 31, 2015
OPEN LETTER TO PROFESSOR COMFORT OLUREMI SONAIYA

Her Excellency,

It is with a sense of joy and gladness that I write you Prof. Despite the elections' result, I still congratulate you ma'am. I congratulate you because you stood up as a mother, politician and a concerned citizen, who deemed it fit to come to the fore in order to bring comfort to the great country of ours. I, for one, remain appreciative of your heroics. I salute your courage, dream and vision great Amazon.
I remember when I first saw your bid for presidency late last year. I was not really surprised; you are not the first female to come out with the aim of contesting for the Aso rock seat. Only that you became the most populous female out of others. I only wanted to know what you had in stock for us, I was interested in the difference you wanted and wished to make. I read your interview with the punch newspaper, and I was moved. You made it clear what you wanted to do and I knew every part of your manifesto had substance. I decided to pitch my tent at your side, though I am non-partisan. Your Sahara reporter's webcast interview was the first time of me hearing you articulate your plans. That only solidified the sense of purposeful-leadership I had already attributed to you.
I really didn't wonder much why you had no advert on TV. The moment you said on a channels TV programme that 30 seconds of a TV ad costs 500,000 Naira, I just knew I shouldn't even have wondered at all in the first place. But your presence on the social media is kind of commendable. KOWA party has a handful of Facebook likes and twitter followership: so it was obvious the publicity and campaign wouldn't be the biggest. Quality over quantity in terms of your ideas no doubt, but politics is a game of numbers and I knew those numbers weren't flooding to your side. I wish they could.

Even though I knew you weren't going to win Prof., and you didn't, yet I feel you are a winner. You came out as a relatively unknown academician to contest for the highest seat. Only winners do stuffs like this. Your husband, children, grandchildren are proud of you - I don't know why I am speaking for them, but I know they are. Women all over the country that are aware of you are proud of you. Youths that belong to the cerebral school of thoughts are proud of you. Ma'am, you are a winner. I sincerely hope you don't go into oblivion as it is the wont of most less-popular presidential candidates. I hope so Prof. I wish you all the best in the future ma'am. And whenever I learn more French some day, I will write you a French letter. Forget it Prof., I am never learning German.

Au revior

P.S
I couldn't vote for you, didn't get a pvc...long story

Funmiloye Alani, the writer, is a graduate of mechanical engineering from Ladoke Akintola University of technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo state.
He is an essayist, comic, and out-of-the-box thinker from Ijebu-Ode, Ogun state.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Professor Comfort Oluremi Sonaiya by richol(m): 11:17pm On Mar 31, 2015
UR HEAD AINT FAR FROM DERE
Re: Open Letter To Professor Comfort Oluremi Sonaiya by Spicylate(f): 11:17pm On Mar 31, 2015
i like.
Re: Open Letter To Professor Comfort Oluremi Sonaiya by funmo(m): 11:34pm On Mar 31, 2015
richol:
UR HEAD AINT FAR FROM DERE

hahaha

Yes boss
Re: Open Letter To Professor Comfort Oluremi Sonaiya by funmo(m): 11:35pm On Mar 31, 2015
Spicylate:
i like.

thanks queen zf

me likes what I see on your d.p too
Re: Open Letter To Professor Comfort Oluremi Sonaiya by richol(m): 11:39pm On Mar 31, 2015
funmo:

hahaha

Yes boss
lol...kowa party be lyk should we just get jamb scratch card and check?
Re: Open Letter To Professor Comfort Oluremi Sonaiya by Spicylate(f): 6:57am On Apr 01, 2015
funmo:

thanks queen zf

me likes what I see on your d.p too
thank you.
Re: Open Letter To Professor Comfort Oluremi Sonaiya by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 01, 2015
Nigerians, just tag along to vote not minding the personality of the Candidate they voting for. Well, an average Nigerian is not refined and most especially not having a mind of his or her own , rather blinded by ethnicity and religion . We are still very far from "Democracy" to say the truth.

Professor Comfort Oluremi Sonaiya, I respect and salute your courage .

God bless.

NB: OP, kudos .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ow Buhari’s Victory Will Affect Governorship, Assembly Polls - The Nation / Goodluck Jonathan Came Out Of Aso Rock Alive / Is President Goodluck Really A Hero?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.