Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan (49149 Views)

Buhari Extends His Sick Leave by Unspecified Number of Days / Ambode Extends Hand Of Partnership To Agbaje, Others / Pastor Adeboye Changes Profile Picture To Jonathan, Cover Photo To Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by Realdeals(m): 9:11am On Apr 01, 2015
BRIEF PRESS STATEMENT BY GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI,GCFR, PRESIDENT ELECT ON THE PLATFORM OF THE ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS, APC. MARCH 31ST, 2015

At exactly 5:15pm this evening President Jonathan called to congratulate me on my victory. For this I want all Nigerians to join me in congratulating and appreciating Mr President for his statesmanship.

President Jonathan engaged in a spirited campaign and was a worthy opponent. I extend my hand of fellowship to him. I look forward to meeting him soon as we plan the transition from one administration to another. He will receive nothing but understanding, cooperation and respect from me and my team.

The good people of Nigeria, answered the call of history. When the account of this fine moment is written, it will be said that it was the people themselves who led this nation to democracy.

You stood in line patiently for hours in the sun, rain and then in the dark to cast your ballots. Even when the vote was extended to Sunday in some places, you still performed your civic duty. You did so peacefully. You voted with your heart. Your vote affirms that you believe Nigeria’s future can be better than what it is today.

You voted for change and now change has come.

INEC has released the official results of the Presidential election. INEC has declared that I gained the most votes with the required spread and thus won this election. In a more profound way, it is you, Nigerians that have won. The people have shown their love for our nation and their belief in democracy.

The declaration of INEC accurately reflects the will of the people. Whilethere might have been some logistical obstacles and irregularities associated with the exercise, the result shall stand as what the people want.

I thank all Nigerians who have made this day possible. Our country has now joined the community of nations that have used the ballot box to peacefully change an incumbent President in a free and fair election. To me this is indeed historic.

Most people will welcome the result because it is the one they voted for. Others will naturally be disappointed. I ask that we all be circumspect, respectful and peaceful in these times.

This was a hard- fought contest. Emotions are high. We must not allow them to get the better of us. This is not the time for confrontation. This is a moment that we must begin to heal the wounds and work toward a better future. We do this first by extending a hand of friendship and conciliation across the political divide. We hope and pray our friends in other parties reciprocate.

I thank all the members of the All Progressives Congress, APC, for their commitment and their hard work through the formation of the party, the campaigns and the Presidential elections. Let me equally extend my appreciation to the MEDIA, Civil Society and the Security agencies for their selfless service.

The International press and our friends abroad deserve special commendation for their support throughout the process. We promise a robust and dynamic engagement with your countries in matters of mutual interest to nations.

In the interim, I call on all Nigerians to be law abiding and peaceful. The eyes of the world were focused on us to see if we could vote in a peaceful way and carry out a representative election in an orderly manner. You have proven to the world that we are a people who have embraced democracy and a people who seek a of government by, for and of the people.

We have put one party state behind us. You have voted for a party and president that will serve and govern but never rule over you. Change has come. A new day and a new Nigeria are upon us. The victory is yours and the glory is that of our nation – Nigeria
I will make a more formal address to the nation tomorrow after receiving the certificate of return from INEC.

May God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

General Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR,
President Elect,
Federal Republic of Nigeria

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/buhari-extends-hand-of-fellowship-to-jonathan/

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by Realdeals(m): 9:12am On Apr 01, 2015
Good for the polity

Whao! My 3rd thread to hit FP today! Thanks to the supermods

Don't forget to visit www.newsheadlines.com.ng for daily news headlines and also download the android apps

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by acesoul(m): 9:29am On Apr 01, 2015
No losser in these election..we are all winners,..I for see a better Nigeria, were getting a living permit by foreigners will be "gold" to them.. welcome to a new dispensation of a true Democratic government..God bless outgoing president Jonathan, God bless President General Buhari, God bless Nigeria.

147 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by Burger01(m): 10:17am On Apr 01, 2015
My Presido elect

A better Nigeria awaits.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by Rahmatuparker: 10:17am On Apr 01, 2015
Nice one Mr President Elect. B @ peace with everybody. Don't hold grudge with anybody. Let by gone be by gone. Victory comes from God alone.

21 Likes

Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 01, 2015
That's sweet.

Long may you live my president.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by Texcoco(m): 10:17am On Apr 01, 2015
Whatever......

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by adorablepepple(f): 10:17am On Apr 01, 2015
j
Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:17am On Apr 01, 2015
sai....

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by An2elect2(f): 10:18am On Apr 01, 2015
Congratulations to the incoming president smiley
a man of the people.

congratulations Nigeria, we had a fair and peaceful election wink

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 01, 2015
...W̶̲̥̅̊Ε̲̣̣̣̥ MADE IT HAPPEN

I VOTE GMB/PYO

ASO ROCK HERE W̶̲̥̅̊Ε̲̣̣̣̥ gO!!

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by orobs93(m): 10:18am On Apr 01, 2015
I have forgiven all the pdp people let us move on

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by adorablepepple(f): 10:18am On Apr 01, 2015
if u are Happy Nigeria is still peaceful press like

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by ejay84(m): 10:18am On Apr 01, 2015
Dats d way to roll,aldo he shuld still account 4 all d moneys stolen from dis country abeg.GMB abeg still probe am.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by zzybaby: 10:18am On Apr 01, 2015
Ok.com
Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by NaijaOptimist: 10:19am On Apr 01, 2015
SAY BABA
SAI BUHARI

1 Like

Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by amichaelz101(m): 10:20am On Apr 01, 2015
Gracia
Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by brownlord: 10:20am On Apr 01, 2015
Congrats to president elect and his team, even though I never believed in you and will not until you prove me wrong, to make a difference, not steal our common wealth in the dark and criticise others in the open as presently practiced by APC government in the state they govern. I still have my reservations and won't believe in your change. However I like to be disappointed and regret not supporting you, that is when you deliver and bring about change you have preached over a year now.

Lastly, address the certificate issue, this is most important as Nigerians deserve to know nothing But the truth.

God bless FRN

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 01, 2015
#Babanowyouarethere

1. Remember that you promised to stabilise world oil prices.... We are watching.

2. Remember that you and APC promised 24 hours energy and electricity... We are watching.

3. Remember that you promised millions of jobs for the youths... They are watching and waiting.

4. Remember that you promised to make 1 dollar equals to 1 naira both in appreciation and depreciation.... We are watching.

5. Remember that a lot of people accused the president of not having shoes and called him shoeless. He ignored in the spirit of democracy. Hope you wont arrest anybody that calls you certificateless because me and you know that you have no certificate even standard six.

6. Finally, remember that their is freedom of speech in Nigeria under Jonathan. Even freedom after speech. I do hope you won't gag the press. I know you will grant freedom of speech but you will not grant freedom after speech.. The world is watching!

129 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by singlefade25(f): 10:20am On Apr 01, 2015
SAI BUHARI

1 Like

Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by siegfried99(m): 10:20am On Apr 01, 2015
Ok oo grin
Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by Lastdon02(m): 10:20am On Apr 01, 2015
nice on my Presido
Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by fallingsky(m): 10:20am On Apr 01, 2015
sai Baba
Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by Gentlepapi(m): 10:21am On Apr 01, 2015
Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by kliq(m): 10:21am On Apr 01, 2015
Spirit of Fair play

One Nigeria!
Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by modelboy(m): 10:21am On Apr 01, 2015
hit like if you arr here to read comment grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by umarc19: 10:21am On Apr 01, 2015
grin grin

He was called an Illiterate
He was called a Bigot
He was called a Terrorist
He was called a Sick old fool
He was called a Serial loser

He smiled
He kept silent
He told us his plans
He gave us his word
He even wore a tux
He was resolute

We Listened
We Doubted
We Reflected
We were Convinced
We Campaigned
We Voted
We WON!

CONGRATULATIONS General Buhari! All our efforts have sent the evil, corrupt, incompetent, spineless, pusillanimous, irresolute, lousy and irretrievably clueless Goodluck Jonathan back to the creeks.

To my compatriots on NL, well done. We did IT!
To TANoids, we told you SO!
To the ‘protection’ seeker, I hope you find your true purpose and develop some principles; a man who does not stand for anything will fall for anything,
like you just did.

NIJERIYA SAI BUHARI.

27 Likes

Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by martincbarton: 10:21am On Apr 01, 2015
great

Re: Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan by SerialMan: 10:21am On Apr 01, 2015
good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Stops Purchase Of Vehicles / Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 / Umahi Completes Ebonyi International Mall (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.