Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Our New Form Of Democracy Is Gerontocracy!!! Nigeria We Hail Thee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our New Form Of Democracy Is Gerontocracy!!! Nigeria We Hail Thee (442 Views)

I Have Never Seen Where Democracy Is Mocked Like In Nigerian – Dogara / Yoruba And The Cog Of Gerontocracy- Olukayode Ajulo / Nigeria Heads Towards Gerontocracy As Buhari Set To Appoint 79yrs As Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our New Form Of Democracy Is Gerontocracy!!! Nigeria We Hail Thee by christopher123(m): 10:30am On Apr 01, 2015
As a nation, when goodluck was there they touted our democracy nascent but we know that there is nothing nascent about our democracy because a fifteen year old girl has started …… and what we had was kleptocracy where we had a bunch of people that are tokenistic and prependal.

This cut across all the tribe but it was not democracy and meritocracy was sacrificed on the alter of quota system and methodology. Then came a Goodluck that was nothing but good all just slow and clueless but the democracy they said continued unabated. I loved GEJ nad still love his lamb nature but he is manipulated and he didn’t fight his wars well. Yesterday he was ousted that the powers that be, maybe he is a Christian, maybe he is an ijaw man, maybe he is a minority maybe they brought out book haram to give him a bad name. coming to bad name in igbo land there is a saying that goes that if you want ton kill a dog please just give him a bad name. that was what happened.

Did he see the handwriting on the wall/ I guess he felt like emperor NERO but all is said, the Nigerian democracy has grown or is it still nascent, today we have transcended from Democracy to Gerontocracy (gerontocracy is a form of oligarchical rule in which an entity is ruled by leaders who are significantly older than most of the adult population)
This is not democracy this is gerontocracy and in a modern age people are talking about e government, m government building smart cities we are going back to Gerontocracy.

Long live Nigeria, long live those that “believe” in Nigeria and congrats to GMB. Let just look on.

(1) (Reply)

The Heroes Of Our Democracy. My Short Piece. / Award And Prizes Given Day To Some Notable Nigerians / VIDEO : Comedy-- Election Summary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.