Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

How To Start A Fashion Blog. - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Start A Fashion Blog. (7695 Views)

Do You Love Fashion? Why Dont You Have A Fashion Blog Here / Latest Bridals Fashion Blog / How To Set Up A Fashion Blog & Showcase Your Talent To The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
EroticAngelina:
thanks.
Lots of stuff you can blog about fashion.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
Brandnew2:

Lots of stuff you can blog about fashion.
like?
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
EroticAngelina:
like?
Latest fashion trends.
Celebrity outfits.
Fashonistas trash or treasure/fashion police.
You know stuff like that. undecided
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
Brandnew2:

Latest fashion trends.
Celebrity outfits.
Fashonistas trash or treasure/fashion police.
You know stuff like that. undecided
alryt, thanks.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Godmother(f): 7:36am On Apr 09, 2015
Glamourscenes:

most females that blogs get fedup cause they wanted to blog for money.. I mean the lazy once.. They think its easy.. But dear. If you wanna blog.. Don't blog because of money or income. Just blog cause you want to do it. Don't worry ad will come ur way.

Checked out your blog and you've got great content, especially the diary with Moyo/Loretta. Hope you update soon cos I'd like to know what happens btw Anthony and Moyo. And is that a personal story? Does answer if you'd like to keep it anon wink

I also want to go into fashion blogging but haven't decided on a niche yet. I own a fashion house and want to blog to be partly about sewing and stuff like that. Any tips on possible niche to settle for?
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by MsBella: 8:09am On Apr 09, 2015
Wittylens:

For starters , you can install wordfence , jetpack , broken link checker , seo by yoast , mobilepress(for mobile view).

If you're using adsense , you have no control over what ads you see on your blog. Google displays ads based on keywords. So if your niche is on fitness , the ads you're most likely to see will be on fitness ; although konga / jumia ads may show sometimes.

No. No restrictions whatsoever.
Thank you!!
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by MsBella: 8:15am On Apr 09, 2015
TheWisest:

Good... Please start noting down these things coz what we re doing now is designing your blog strategically so that you ll be more conscious of what you re doing. Next, let me ask, are there other nigerian weight loss blogs?

Yes, there are other Nigerian blogs, but only few are consistent. Out of the few that are consistent, one is a forum just like Nairaland and the other two are regular blogs.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 09, 2015
MsBella:

Yes, there are other Nigerian blogs, but only few are consistent. Out of the few that are consistent, one is a forum just like Nairaland and the other two are regular blogs.

I love that you re up-to-date on your market research. Pardon my many questions. Just trying to help out. Now why I asked that earlier question is that you have to find a way to differenting your blog from theirs, your Unique Selling Point. Have you found this differentiating factor?
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 09, 2015
Godmother:

Checked out your blog and you've got great content, especially the diary with Moyo/Loretta. Hope you update soon cos I'd like to know what happens btw Anthony and Moyo. And is that a personal story? Does answer if you'd like to keep it anon wink

I also want to go into fashion blogging but haven't decided on a niche yet. I own a fashion house and want to blog to be partly about sewing and stuff like that. Any tips on possible niche to settle for?
i can help you with that... I can help you blog on the fashion stuff... And also post some important stuff in ur blog... Lets talk on whatsapp 09021151077
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by MsBella: 10:39am On Apr 09, 2015
TheWisest:

I love that you re up-to-date on your market research. Pardon my many questions. Just trying to help out. Now why I asked that earlier question is that you have to find a way to differenting your blog from theirs, your Unique Selling Point. Have you found this differentiating factor?

I have no problems with the questions! I am learning too. To be honest, I have not found that "unique selling point" but I have plans on integrating some features that would make user experience worthwhile.

I have some other ideas which I can.not write down here. But having a unique selling point is what I do not have at the moment.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
MsBella:

I have no problems with the questions! I am learning too. To be honest, I have not found that "unique selling point" but I have plans on integrating some features that would make user experience worthwhile.

I have some other ideas which I can.not write down here. But having a unique selling point is what I do not have at the moment.

Now Bella (hope that s your real name), I ve personally researched online about your competitors. Your USP is a marketing tool to make you stand out. I have successfully helped 3 small-scale companies launch their brands. I m interested in working with you further on this blog if you will be committed to achieving this goal this year of starting a fitness blog. Let s move onto to the next step in making this project work. Do I keep laying down my suggested ideas here or would personal correspondence be better? Strategy designs shouldnt be public. What if you re copied? I dont do Whatsapp, but Facebook is ok.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
Hello Godmother, nice to know you're already into fashion. You no longer need any sub niche. grin

Since you already own a fashion house, I will suggest you should get a blog that showcases your works. This will earn you more customers from far and wide especially if you've got great designs.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Godmother(f): 1:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
Brandnew2:
Hello Godmother, nice to know you're already into fashion. You no longer need any sub niche. grin

Since you already own a fashion house, I will suggest you should get a blog that showcases your works. This will earn you more customers from far and wide especially if you've got great designs.

Hi, I ve been thinking along this line, but I don't want it to be purely fashion. I want to add something that will spice it up but that's still in the fashion line.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
Godmother:

Hi, I ve been thinking along this line, but I don't want it to be purely fashion. I want to add something that will spice it up but that's still in the fashion line.
You can as well add post on other features of your business.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by MsBella: 3:19pm On Apr 09, 2015
TheWisest:

Now Bella (hope that s your real name), I ve personally researched online about your competitors. Your USP is a marketing tool to make you stand out. I have successfully helped 3 small-scale companies launch their brands. I m interested in working with you further on this blog if you will be committed to achieving this goal this year of starting a fitness blog. Let s move onto to the next step in making this project work. Do I keep laying down my suggested ideas here or would personal correspondence be better? Strategy designs shouldnt be public. What if you re copied? I dont do Whatsapp, but Facebook is ok.

I am committed to launching my blog this year. This whole idea about blogging is something I have had in mind for a long time. And this is because I have seen other bloggers (few of them) reach their weight loss goals. There is a level of satisfation and confidence that comes from overcoming a major hurdle in life; that is what I need right now.

For the benefit of others who maybe learning a thing or two here, I would have said we should continue the discussion here. Since "strategy designs" should not be made public, I would prefer personal correspondence as it concerns my blog and anyone with questions can always ask as I have done here.

I will send you a PM. Thank you.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
MsBella:

I am committed to launching my blog this year. This whole idea about blogging is something I have had in mind for a long time. And this is because I have seen other bloggers (few of them) reach their weight loss goals. There is a level of satisfation and confidence that comes from overcoming a major hurdle in life; that is what I need right now.

For the benefit of others who maybe learning a thing or two here, I would have said we should continue the discussion here. Since "strategy designs" should not be made public, I would prefer personal correspondence as it concerns my blog and anyone with questions can always ask as I have done here.

I will send you a PM. Thank you.

Thanks for trusting me. Now let s get to work. Emailing you in a bit.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by cyburg01(m): 5:21pm On May 31, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top quality watches for sale...Nationwide delivery..POD / Help Me Recommend A Gud Facial Cream To Even My Face / Always Polished, Always Stylish Always On Point...malaika Arora Khan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.