Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,304 members, 7,860,748 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:31 PM

#GEJOURHERO Is Trending - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #GEJOURHERO Is Trending (1054 Views)

#NEPAWahala Is Trending On Twitter: Funny Tweets And Memes / Lai Mohammed Is Trending On Twitter, See What People Are Tweeting / #gejourhero, Now Trending On Twitter (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#GEJOURHERO Is Trending by unphilaz(m): 4:29pm On Apr 01, 2015
While Buhari is made National, By GEJ act of unselfishness and love for country, which Buhari could have gotten in 2003,2007,2011, GEJ has now been ranked amongst INTERNATIONAL LEADERS OF REPUTE... GEJ took the shine over BUHARI'S victory at the POLLS....

Re: #GEJOURHERO Is Trending by Acekidc4(m): 4:30pm On Apr 01, 2015
Hero My Damm Butt
Re: #GEJOURHERO Is Trending by MuguliciousMUGU: 4:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
Press statement by MuguliciousMUGU

I MuguliciousMUGU Hereby accept the result of the presidential election in good faith, even though there was rigging in kano and katsina, chai 1.3 and 1.9 million, even unborn baby dey vote, there is God ooo, but wetin man go do na.

I really appreciate the GEJ team for their efforts to make the campaign a perfect, and my oga at the top, president jonathan, i really commend your good work sir, may God continue to guide you.

Finally, as for general buhari, i hope he stabulise the price of oil and make $1 = N 1 (one dollar = one naira) and also provide 5 million jobs as he promised, we promise to support his government and make nigeria a better place to be.

Signed
MuguliciousMUGU

Current Minister of women affairs.
Re: #GEJOURHERO Is Trending by unphilaz(m): 4:35pm On Apr 01, 2015

Now, Jonathan is greater than his predecessors
By Martins Oloja on April 1, 2015
Goodluck-Jonathan
Jonathan
PRESIDENT Goodluck Ebele Jonathan yesterday took a step that has made him greater than all others before him.
By calling and congratulating Major-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) even before the final tally, he has demonstrated to the world that indeed Nigeria has come of age.

He has shown the world that the black man is no longer in a dilemma. As it was written in this newspaper last Friday, the management and outcome of this election would affect the profile and indeed, image of the black man in global context.

The reason is not far to seek: Nigeria is the most populous black nation in the world. Jonathan set the tone for greatness on Saturday, March 28 when he waited patiently for the fourth card reader to work for him and his wife in Otueke on the day of the election.

The Number One citizen who has been criticised for his simplicity was statesmanly in his response to questions after his ordeal. He was unruffled even when his wife who was in front was always looking back to hear her husband’s presidential outburst. The man was ununfazed, cool and collected.

He even did some strategic public relations for the election management agency as he asked people to be patient with the implications of new technology of the card reader.

All told, the fact that Jonathan nominated Jega who conducted the 2011 election and allowed him to conduct the 2015 elections is remarkable.

The president was said to have resisted the pressure of his henchmen and hawks in his party to send Jega on pre-retirement leave before the election at the weekend.

Since last night when the news of Jonathan’s congratulatory message broke, it has been all praises for the President as that gesture was unexpected and unprecedented.

No incumbent president had lost an election and congratulated the winner in our political history. Even General Abdusalami Abubakar who handed over to Obasanjo on May 29, 1999 confirmed this yesterday when he emerged from a peace meeting with the defeated president.

In an analysis in this newspaper’s special publication on Friday, it was projected that if Jonathan lost the reelection bid and bowed out seamlessly, he could be a candidate of the prestigious MO Ibrahim’s leadership Prize next year.

As it was written then, Jonathan has by his action threatened to assume office of a great man, a rare phenomenon in Nigeria. It is generally believed that there are too many big men in Nigeria and too few great men.

Now, the man from Otueke can beat his chest to General IBB who annulled the famous June 12 election result in 1993 that he has deepened democracy in Nigeria by organising the most credible election in our history. He can also tell General Olusegun Obasanjo that he (Jonathan) has greater democratic credentials by being the first to pave the way for the most peaceful election that he contested and lost. He can add to the Ota big man that to me, ‘election is not a do-or-die affair, after all’.

The first Nigeria’s president with a doctorate degree can also tell even General Gowon that he is sure someone will nominate him for a Nobel Peace Prize for making the Nigerian voter to feel very important and influential for the first time. Now the Nigerian voter can look into the seed of time and nurture a glimmer of hope that his vote will count after all whenever he casts it!

Above all, the international community that has observed, seen and assessed the quality of this election will now respect Nigeria as the good image of the black man.

Indeed, Jonathan will leave Aso Villa on May 29 with his head high because he has done what Napoleon could not do! He has become a legend!

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/04/now-jonathan-is-greater-than-his-predecessors/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: #GEJOURHERO Is Trending by idolda: 4:39pm On Apr 01, 2015
He is indeed a true hero. He has set a precedence for others. Election should not be a do or die affair and I salute his courage and unprecedented statesmanship.

1 Like

Re: #GEJOURHERO Is Trending by unphilaz(m): 4:40pm On Apr 01, 2015
reading thru this, tears were swellin in my eyes and felt proud of GEJ grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: #GEJOURHERO Is Trending by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
GEJ, YOU ARE THE MAN, NOW I CAN GO INTO POLITICS BECAUSE I UNDERSTAND IT BETTER. #YOU ARE THE HERO
Re: #GEJOURHERO Is Trending by ammyluv2002(f): 4:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
Yes...he's a hero
Re: #GEJOURHERO Is Trending by Yehman(m): 4:42pm On Apr 01, 2015
"Nobody's ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian". At first, this statement melted my heart then, I felt a sweet sensation just below my kidney, a stimulated sensations of tingling and euphoria in my brain and finally a cold shiver ran down my spine. GEJ, thank u for keeping the country at peace. History has been made and hopefully, a new era and better Nigeria is ahead.

3 Likes

Re: #GEJOURHERO Is Trending by unphilaz(m): 4:45pm On Apr 01, 2015
the man ... my hero

1 Like

Re: #GEJOURHERO Is Trending by dassyslimmy(m): 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2015
watever
Re: #GEJOURHERO Is Trending by Clerverly: 5:30pm On Apr 01, 2015
Nonsense!!! Jonathan Can Never Be My Hero! Tufiakwa!!
Re: #GEJOURHERO Is Trending by MzJackBaueress(f): 5:36pm On Apr 01, 2015
Clerverly:
Nonsense!!! Jonathan Can Never Be My Hero! Tufiakwa!!
1000likes!
Re: #GEJOURHERO Is Trending by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 01, 2015
this guy is a fraud. Now the people are being deceived into making an election rigger their hero.

When will my people ever learn?

check this thread. this guy is a con man.

https://www.nairaland.com/2231318/jonathan-really-democrat
Re: #GEJOURHERO Is Trending by mployer(m): 5:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
This is one virtue GMB doesn't have.

1 Like

Re: #GEJOURHERO Is Trending by MalcoImX: 6:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
Orubebe tried to cause confusion but he was ignored. He'd wanted somebody to touch him so that other gangs he'd arranged with will come to his aid and cause confusion, and the result wouldn't be announced. This was the same strategy Gbago's aides used (cause confusion and tear the results sheets) in Cote d'Ivoire that plunged the country into civil war. Jonathan has no choice but to do what would save his skin. He is your hero, not mine, and will never be.
Re: #GEJOURHERO Is Trending by Sweetguy25: 6:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
These people are annoying and delusional. Whose hero? As you can see from their twitter handles, it is mostly people from the south south and south east that are acknowledging and appreciating the man.
How many abokii people care about what Goodluck Jonathan has done?

(1) (Reply)

Afenifere Leaders Ditch President Jonathan, Congratulate General Buhari / pictures of roads in Aba, Abia state after 8 years of Governor T.A ORJI in Offic / Boko Haram Members Raped My Wife For 3 Months – Mustapha Oyeyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.