Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,971 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain (4259 Views)

Niger-delta's Loss Is Lagos State's Gain. / But Is Jimi Agbaje An Igbo Man? / Who Is Jimi Agbaje? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by roigr2012: 4:34am On Apr 02, 2015
first of all, let me state this: I am not a card carrying member of pdp neither am i a member of any political party. My interest in Lagos politics is that I am a Nigerian citizen based in Lagos who is aware of Lagos political history. Now to the subject at hand.
On the surface, many people would think pdp is finished in Lagos due to the fact that despite the effort of president jona to win the state, he failed and also that lahos since 1999 has always belonged to apc (then AD) however a closef look at what happened shows that as far as the gubernatorial race is concerned, it can still go either way for the following reasons:
1) The main reason president jona lost was because of the under performance of his administration. Nothong more nothing less. If he had performed well, he would have likely won lagos. Lagosians have proven again that they are very intelligent and are politically aware.
2) A closer look at the results shows that the margin between apc and pdp is not wide. Based on this, since the election has been rated one of the best Nigeria has ever had, it stands to reason that pdp stands a good chance if only they put the defeat behind them and work harder on winning the forthcoming elections.
3) The number of those who voted is quite low compared to the number of people who collected PVCs wbich means there are a lot of Lagosians who are either undecided or are not motivated enough to vote during the last elections. If jimi can work on getting these people to vote for him he would win this election.
4) The truth is lot of people are getting frustrated by Tinubu stranglehood on alausa. The LCC debacle, the use of ABC to continue to loot the treasury of lagos and the fact that everyone knows that Tinubu is trying to pay back Ambode for his loyalty with the office of governor and not that Ambode is competent on his own right coupled with the fact that lagosians are aware that Ambode wasn't even fashola's choice, and fashola is highly respected in lagos, makes lagosians more sympathetic to Jimi than Ambode. However Jimi has a onerous task of converting sympathy into votes and what i would sugest as a political observer is:
1) Articulate your plans clearly. Telling us to read your manifesto is not enough. Let us know in exact words what would make you different from the current administration.
2) Study the last elections and look at areas where the turnout is low vis a vis the number of PVCs collected and get your message across to those people. Like i said earlier, it was a lot of lagosians are not motivated enough to vote so get your ideas acriss to these people and motivate them to vote for you.
Finally, it takes someone with balls to press on but i think Jimi has got what it takes to win. Eko o ni baje o

3 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by Raiders: 4:44am On Apr 02, 2015
Pdp is a dying party and might not survive the next 4 years. Lagos has always been in the opposition party to the federal government and this has prevented lagos from benefiting from the federal government . Lagos should vote APC in all elections. Pdp has nothing to offer lagosians

21 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by Sooroptimist1: 4:50am On Apr 02, 2015
Lagosians should avoid the mistake of allowing PDP ressurect using Lagos as a launching pad

If not for the doggedness of the progressives led by Tinubu,who stood resolutely and pushed back the marauding buccanneers of the PDP led FG,we all might have been ran ragged out of town

Lagos now stand to benefit immensely with being in a mainstream party that is same as at the federal level hence we should vote Ambode for continuity of Fashola's laudable and giant strides

13 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by Nobody: 4:51am On Apr 02, 2015
@op, I thought you will give a clear reason lagosians will vote Jimi but you ended up saying nothing unusual. Let me add this, the gentle manner with which Gej and PDP conceded defeat shows they are mature, peaceful, humanly. These virtues are lacking in APC and trust me, a lot of SE and SS people that voted GMB/APC in presidential may not vote in that direction in forthcoming elections based on that. Well, GMB has been elected, let's see how it goes undecided

3 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by Nobody: 4:54am On Apr 02, 2015
PDP dug its grave in Lagos by giving tickets to iboes who unfortunately won rep positions!

It was a political miscalculation.... You're going to see a reinvigorated APC on the 11th of April. Even yours truly will be in Lagos for that purpose! Never again will the Afonja story be allowed to repeat itself in Yoruba land!
Lagosians are now motivated to repel strangers no more sleep or football on election days ....student unions cultural associations must align! Its a sacrilege. All those hidden PVCs will come to the poll.... Lagos must align to the mainstream for once in this democracy.... Mind you the hunger and thirst for acquisition in Lagos PDP is terrible even now that they've lost the centre....

13 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by tandoe: 5:04am On Apr 02, 2015
jimi is winning dats sure my fear all along was that it would have been hard had PDP retained d federal

1 Like

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by GboyegaD(m): 5:37am On Apr 02, 2015
The chances of him winning Lagos is slimmer than it was before the election. Many people who were paid to vote PDP might not vote them again and many could have changed their minds following last week Saturday's victory.

1 Like

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by raumdeuter: 5:39am On Apr 02, 2015
Even Jimis Godfather Bode George declared that he is going on exile.

So no hope for Jimi again

8 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by Pavore9: 5:48am On Apr 02, 2015
When their General (Bode George) has openly said he is 'escaping' is that not enough to dampen the spirit of the foot soldiers?

4 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by huptin(m): 6:03am On Apr 02, 2015
[quote author=SmartChoices post=32259558]PDP dug its grave in Lagos by giving tickets to iboes who unfortunately won rep positions!

It was a political miscalculation.... You're going to see a reinvigorated APC on the 11th of April. Even yours truly will be in Lagos for that purpose! Never again will the Afonja story be allowed to repeat itself in Yoruba land!

I dont see anything wrong with non indigenes presenting representatives in Lagos especially in areas where they are in the clear majority.

2 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by Nobody: 6:21am On Apr 02, 2015
[quote author=roigr2012 post=32259449]first of all, let me state this: I am not a card carrying member of pdp neither am i a member of any political party. My interest in Lagos politics is that I am a Nigerian citizen based in Lagos who is aware of Lagos political history. Now to the subject at hand.
On the surface, many people would think pdp is finished in Lagos due to the fact that despite the effort of president jona to win the state, he failed and also that lahos since 1999 has always belonged to apc (then AD) however a closef look at what happened shows that as far as the gubernatorial race is concerned, it can still go either way for the following reasons:
1) The main reason president jona lost was because of the under performance of his administration. Nothong more nothing less. If he had performed well, he would have likely won lagos. Lagosians have proven again that they are very intelligent and are politically aware.
2) A closer look at the results shows that the margin between apc and pdp is not wide. Based on this, since the election has been rated one of the best Nigeria has ever had, it stands to reason that pdp stands a good chance if only they put the defeat behind them and work harder on winning the forthcoming elections.
3) The number of those who voted is quite low compared to the number of people who collected PVCs wbich means there are a lot of Lagosians who are either undecided or are not motivated enough to vote during the last elections. If jimi can work on getting these people to vote for him he would win this election.
4) The truth is lot of people are getting frustrated by Tinubu stranglehood on alausa. The LCC debacle, the use of ABC to continue to loot the treasury of lagos and the fact that everyone knows that Tinubu is trying to pay back Ambode for his loyalty with the office of governor and not that Ambode is competent on his own right coupled with the fact that lagosians are aware that Ambode wasn't even fashola's choice, and fashola is highly respected in lagos, makes lagosians more sympathetic to Jimi than Ambode. However Jimi has a onerous task of converting sympathy into votes and what i would sugest as a political observer is:
1) Articulate your plans clearly. Telling us to read your manifesto is not enough. Let us know in exact words what would make you different from the current administration.
2) Study the last elections and look at areas where the turnout is low vis a vis the number of PVCs collected and get your message across to those people. Like i said earlier, it was a lot of lagosians are not motivated enough to vote so get your ideas acriss to these people and motivate them to vote for you.
Finally, it takes someone with balls to press on but i think Jimi has got what it takes to win. Eko o ni baje o

[/q

Keep dreaming guy, it's allowed but such dream is like a still birth, dead long before they could be born...JIMI is going nowhere...mark my words and even so now, lagos cannot afford to be in opposition after 16 yrs of stifling our economy by the PDP led federal govt. The development coming to Lagos in the new administration can better be imagined. Lagosian are not ready to trade this for a Jimi whose godfather is Bode George...an ex convict, a thief and a traitor...No we don't want him. It won't ever happen at least for the next 16yrs. but you are free to waste your vote on him, you'll be alone when your finger of regret is ripe to be licked.

4 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by Scatterboss(m): 6:25am On Apr 02, 2015
His godfather tewonde George is going on exile, its a pity Just kidding will lose again after losing his PU, ward and local govt last saturday.

3 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by roigr2012: 6:31am On Apr 02, 2015
While my tots may be unpopular, lagos going the way of the opposition would help Nigeria as a whole. Imagine a reversal of position. Lagos to pdp and the federal goes to apc? The political space would be more competitive and a multi-party state will be sustained. A winner-takes-all does not augur well for our democracy. We need a vibrant opposition for thos country to grow.

4 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by tatosh: 6:47am On Apr 02, 2015
Dear Lagosians, now that we have taken out the trash at the Federal Level, let us not dump the trash at our own doorstep Lagos. I can assure you that we will fully regret it.
Four years at this time of our democracy is not a time to experiment with.

Lets go out to Vote Akinwunmi Ambode!

Meanwhile JK is Just Kidding

10 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by babadee1(m): 6:54am On Apr 02, 2015
APC will retain the governorship of Lagos for one reason only, the Fashola factor. In the points you raised in your post you did not consider the very high popularity that the current governor enjoys among most Lagosians. Truly, Ambode is no Fashola but then again neither is Agbaje.

3 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by dulux07(m): 6:59am On Apr 02, 2015
Jk is dciving himself. He can never win lagos, despite gej visit n spendings in southwest, he still lost in al states except in ekiti.

4 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 02, 2015
dulux07:
Jk is dciving himself. He can never win lagos, despite gej visit n spendings in southwest, he still lost in al states except in ekiti.
Ekiti is a middle belt State
Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by Mamatee07: 7:06am On Apr 02, 2015
Lmao, you mean the Jimi that could not even win his own polling unit shocked choosing Jimi was one of pdp's failings, the likes of Jimi who lacks the political clout to win even his own ward Were what ruined PDP in the south west.

While Jimi was snoozing, Amode lead APC to a win in Épé grin

That is the difference between APC and PDP, PDP guys are loud mouths while APC guys are performers grin

4 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by mcdc: 7:25am On Apr 02, 2015
UP JIMI
Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by leke12(m): 7:28am On Apr 02, 2015
Pdp musnt be given any chance in Lagos, they should just stay in the creeks and biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by roigr2012: 7:31am On Apr 02, 2015
The next few weeks is no doubt going to be very interesting especially in Lagos. Will the wind go out of pdp's sail or would it be an invigorating factor to ensure that they get something. As much as apcmaynotlikwir
apc may not lyk it. Tinubu is beginning to weary many lagosians and that may be the soft belly for apc in lagos. While lagosians love Fashola, many realize that Ambode is Tinubu's stooge and would not be a man of his own when he gets to alausa.
Lagosians love Fashola because he stood up to Tinubu to an extent but Ambode cannot and would not stand up to Tinubu. In a funny way, Ambode would likely be like a jona who was a president only in name. I also believe many lagosians know this is their opportunity to throw away the stranglehood Tinubu has over the state.
Purely as an observer, i think ig it were not for the Bode George factor, this election really favors Jimi Agbaje and personally i rhink if he had stayed with labor party, he would win this election.
However, i also think jimi can stand up to bode george after he gets to alausa but i don't see Ambode standing upa at all to jagaban.
Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by tundemogba12(m): 7:35am On Apr 02, 2015
Never again would Lagos be an opposition state so please Lagosians shine your eyes and vote massively for Akinwunmi Ambode. Eko o ni baje o, Amin

3 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by roigr2012: 7:49am On Apr 02, 2015
tundemogba12:
Never again would Lagos be an opposition state so please Lagosians shine your eyes and vote massively for Akinwunmi Ambode. Eko o ni baje o, Amin

Really? Lagos remains the most developed state in Nigeria till date and that's despite the fact that it has remained in opposition since 1958 when the first parliament was inaugurated in this country. I strongly believe that remaining in opposition has been greatly benficial to Lagos and I don't see any reason why it should not remain that way.

Without doubt, lagos helped apc to create an alternative vision to what was happening at the center and when Nigerians decided to vote, it was easy to vote for change because they can see it. If Lagos is to go with the federal, i fear that the backwardness and lack of development we see in other states would creep into this state because that has been the fate of other states all through time. A case for study is Oyo state a one time capital of the western region. With all the potential Oyo state had, it has been majorly under optimized because of its flirting with the central.
Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by sunkoye: 8:24am On Apr 02, 2015
the only thing Jimi was looking forward to was igbo votes and resources at the central. am so sure the vote from igbo pple alone cant get him past chairman of an LG in lagos state.

2 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 02, 2015
Expect lots of voters apathy in the next elections due to PDP loss, If pdp won, it would have being a boost.
I can bet it that apc will likely take almost all the LG this time.

2 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by dominique(f): 8:34am On Apr 02, 2015
A lot of people who voted for APC on the national level vowed not to do the same on the state level. Most of the commercial bike riders, traders and residents that were at the recieving end of Fashola's administration will come out and vote the opposition. I have never supported PDP but I see JK clinching Lagos by a narrow margin. Besides, it was Fashola that did most of Ambode's campaigning, you'd almost think Fashola is going for a third term. May the best person win.
Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by ultimatum: 8:44am On Apr 02, 2015
Vote Akinwunmi Ambode for continuity in our beloved Lagos State. Governor Raji Fashola has built the platform for a seamless transition of government to the right hands. 

Eko o ni Baje.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by Gbawe: 8:46am On Apr 02, 2015
@OP.

I have already given my prediction on NL about the three elections I care about the most . I.e Presidency and the guber elections for Lagos and Ogun State. I predicted a Buhari win, an Ambode win and an Amosun win respectively. I have not been wrong so far. I think Agbaje will lose by a far wider margin than PDP lost to APC in the Presidential election. Amosun will comfortably crush all others at the post probably polling around 70% of total votes. We are not God so let us wait and see. Not long to wait.

9 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by BANKYBOI: 9:16am On Apr 02, 2015
Dear Lagosians, it will be very terrible and will also be a thing of pity if we allow them use our land (Lagos) as a dumping ground.
It is obvious and clear that Continuity and Good Governance is the order of the day with APC.
Why would we want to become experinmental specimen in the hands of some opposition party who's credibility cannot be trusted?

Let's say yes to Continuity and Good Governance.
Say YES to AKNIWUNMI AMBODE.
Say YES to APC.

VOTE AKINWUNMI AMBODE GOVERNOR of LAGOS STATE.

Eko o ni baje oooo...
#AMBODE2015

3 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by BANKYBOIZ: 9:28am On Apr 02, 2015
I like the fact that you said Goodluck Jonathan lost basically because of the poor delivery of his administration, which is the other of the day with the party he represents.

Let's look critically into this, there has been no record of poor administration with any APC candidate and so why will it start now in the time of Akinwunmi Ambode?

We are not going to fold our hands and let some opposition party come take over the good work which has been on ground over the years.

We like and we want Continuity and Good Governance.

We say YES to AKINWUNMI AMBODE.
YES to APC.
YES to CONTINUITY.

VOTE AKINWUNMI AMBODE for Governor of Lagos State 11th of April 2015.

Eko o ni baje oooo...

#Ambode2015

1 Like

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by thimothypaul: 9:32am On Apr 02, 2015
Lmao!!!!!!! It is jimi's gain in the sense that he has also lost this governorship election, if pdp can do it in the presidential level and how sure are we that, it is going to be in the Governorship level, NEVER ...it can't even work out.....WE WANT APC TO TULE LAGOS,WE WANT AKINWUNMI AMBODE and no one else, we want to move forward and continue the good works in the Lagos state, so don't sell your vote, vote wisely my people.

3 Likes

Re: Jona's Loss Is Jimi Agbaje's Gain by Theofficialbmax: 9:35am On Apr 02, 2015
Jimi agbaje's gain for where ..na lie. Ambode is winning. Take it or Leave it

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Nigeria's Neatest Mechanic That's More Educated Than You(photos) / Why PDP Will Still Win Rivers State / PDP Convention: Armed Soldiers Place Wike Under House Arrest (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.