Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre (5054 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch / FG Reverts Fuel Price To 65 Naira Per Liter? / Iweala The Imf/world Bank Agent Vows To Resign If Gej Return To 65 Naira <Rumor> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by princekevo(m): 10:52am On Jan 24, 2009
The price of pms has not really been "reduced". The govt only did what they've been trying to do for several yrs (including obj's govt) which is to deregulate pms. The apparent reduction in price is simply because crude oil is now cheaper. Expect petrol to rise if crude oil rises. When the time comes, don't F!UCKING complain.

My man am suprised many of us Nigerians can jst settle for nothing, You people better wake up to reality,
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by xtolove(m): 11:01am On Jan 24, 2009
lets not praise the government. If you look at the price of crude oil per barrel, you will agree with me that the pump price of petrol is suppose to be at least 35 naira. We are still under government deception
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by chidichris(m): 11:10am On Jan 24, 2009
Is that for real|? If it is true, then the FG is finally thinking in the right direction. Infact, it is long overdue

yes a good one especially on the pages of our newspapers.
i am yet to buy for N65 and am sure nobody has unless those who buy directly from the pages of newspapers.
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by xtolove(m): 11:13am On Jan 24, 2009
whats the difference btw 70 and 65 naira. We are no fools
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by FBS: 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2009
it used to be 22 naira undecided
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by alex406(m): 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2009
FBS:

You are very correct,it makes no difference with that reduction but to me its the beginning of new dawn,i pray they continue this kinda reduction on all sectors.
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by yankidelta(m): 5:00pm On Jan 24, 2009
Well in Uyo where I am we still purchase pms at between 80-100 bucks per litre from independent marketers and about 70-75 bucks from major marketersthe despite all the crash in crude oil prices and sales so am still so skeptical bout the 65 bucks/litre you just mentioned, praying world finds an better,cleaner and cheaper source of energy so that Nigerians can start reasoning beyond crude and become more productive and more useful to each other.
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by bawomolo(m): 6:44pm On Jan 24, 2009
FBS:

have u heard of inflation? the price of refined oil products have obviously gone down so this isn't a bad move.
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by NKOYOETTE: 7:42pm On Jan 24, 2009
THIS IS GOOD OH, I HOPE ALL TAXI DRIVERS HAVE TAKEN NOTES AND STOP CHARGING RIDICULOUSLY.

AND THE SHOULD BE A BODY TO REGULATE PUBLIC TRANSPORT CHARGES BECAUSE IN TIMES LIKE THIS THEY CONTINUE TO

CHARGE AS THEY USE TO , grin
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by sylve11: 8:30pm On Jan 24, 2009
5 naira reduction is like a thorn to the Government. grin
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by adewale78(m): 8:52pm On Jan 24, 2009
I expect the FG to reduced it to like say 55 naira
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by allboyz(m): 11:26pm On Jan 24, 2009
yes. . .i bought 25liters yesterday for my Generator set.

its ok at 65. . .but should be reduced. . .and i hope this isn't a set up for us as to when the global prices would increase again. . .Nig might then put theirs at 100. lipsrsealed
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by nomanicole(f): 11:29pm On Jan 24, 2009
65? i xpect something better
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by whassup: 9:22am On Jan 25, 2009
hum reduction indeed the reduction was not done because of the citizenry but because of international policies and regulations and more so because of the crash in Naira.anywhich way Our leaders know how to manipulate us everthing is to thier own advantage.God will save us and help our families too get there.
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by wendoworld(m): 12:07pm On Jan 25, 2009
after deceving us dat the global crisis wont affect us they still go on to play with the brains of nigerias by reducing fuel price to 65 naira ahhh, what type of government do we have, no wonder naija is not save for those rich people in it. when they are all afraid of fraudsters while they themself are the theifs, why complain about yahoo boys and 419ers whne the government of the country are the leaders of it, no deceiving anymore.Nigeria have no leaders they only have kigpins or godfathers as leaders well no be their fault really na we use our hand put them their embarassed why dont some one invite all of them to a meeting and blow up the whole place, soon or later ahen their will be nothing to dupe us on nigeria itself will be sold with the people in it, oga oooo, pls let them return it to 70 naira no diffrence when they know dat the fuel stations wont sell at that rate no matter what
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by xtolove(m): 3:41pm On Jan 25, 2009
Government, I no be fool oooooo
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by slimes(m): 6:42pm On Jan 25, 2009
65 Naira is not enough reduction. Let's measure the fall. It's like 123%. Government of Nigeria who are you deceiving.
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by apotieri4(f): 8:54pm On Jan 25, 2009
I believe we should go about praying that changes like this should not be far fetched in Nigeria. The increase has to do with Obama's quest for global development.
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by angelina08(f): 10:03am On Jan 26, 2009
We thank God dooooooo petrol is now N65 per litre.

God help Nigeriaoooooo.
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by otukpo(f): 2:50pm On Jan 26, 2009
I expected something more than the N5 reduction.
But we should find out how much crude oil was when that prize of N70 was fixed for PMS.

The funny thing is that even our petrolm mkters have refused to adjust their pumps to reflect the N65. This is the only reduction we have seen in our history at least as much as i can remember. This mkters were always quick to adjust thier pump prizes in the increases even b4 the fed govt wld finish announcing it. We now know that the enemy we have is not the in the govt but within ourselves.

Their are so many negative people in nigeria. Nothing can be positive with them. And again, there are many ignorant people among us , even the educated.
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by ojd(m): 4:07pm On Jan 26, 2009
i believe naija is a sorry state.what has the decrease achieve in term of reduction in cost of living,transportation cost and general living condition of the average nigerian out there.our leaders should start thinking proactively and stop been selfish.#5 decrease has not achieve any meaningful impart,the few oil importers and govt cronies that are feeding fat at the expense of nigerian will not allow the decrease to go down than that.they do travel outside the country and do see ow other economy is been run with the populace in the heart of the leaders yet they come back only to continue the same cycle of greed and corruption.i know 1 day we will be deliver from their evil tyranny and posterity will not judge them well.
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by ojd(m): 4:10pm On Jan 26, 2009
i believe naija is a sorry state.what has the decrease achieve in term of reduction in cost of living,transportation cost and general living condition of the average nigerian out there.our leaders should start thinking proactively and stop been selfish.#5 decrease has not achieve any meaningful impart,the few oil importers and govt cronies that are feeding fat at the expense of nigerian will not allow the decrease to go down than that.they do travel outside the country and do see ow other economy is been run with the populace in the heart of the leaders yet they come back only to continue the same cycle of greed and corruption.i know 1 day we will be deliver from their evil tyranny and posterity will not judge them well.
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by chyk91(m): 5:17pm On Jan 26, 2009
fg tried on this one o.
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by ohaechesi(m): 6:15pm On Jan 26, 2009
I wonder the "he goats" under the presidency parading inform of human beings. crude oil is one amongst our natural resources, why should we suffer for it even when other country that depends on us is enjoy it? I really don't understand the kind of government we run in Nigeria. To reduce the price of petroluem seems too difficult for those vulgs. can you imagine the likeness? what is 5naira to a country that owns the crude oil, what if we depend on importation of crudes? it there means that now other countries is reducing their sad fuel price, Nigeria would have been increasing theirs. What king of a deadly country with heartless leaders are we seeing here? i'm still thinking,
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by aieromon(m): 6:41pm On Jan 26, 2009
most petrol stations in lagos did not sell petrol today.

the FG might have shot herself in the foot big time
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by P3(m): 9:19pm On Jan 26, 2009
Kai Nigerians. Thats why we always get f****d by Govt. The pump price of PMS is now N65 and we are happy.
Info: Diesel and Kerosine increased by N10 each. If diesel and Kero prices are increased, why are we celebrating? Which has the
most effect on the common man? By the way, goods to our markets are transported by trucks that consume diesel, and we use kero
to cook.
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by toideve(m): 10:49pm On Jan 26, 2009
5 NGN is too small considering the global fall. and moreover i still bought fuel for 70NGN today. and T-fair went higher today monday. i dont know what's going on i paid more for transportation than i did last week. abegi de should stop deceiving themselves. hisses
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by richyreach(m): 10:01am On Jan 27, 2009
9ja ke? petrol price go down, bo no put your money, e no go affect anything. Watch when the price goes up everything goes up with it. Anyway sha I no trust any Nigerian leader at all, there's an evil plot sowhere. we dey look.
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by Omolola1(f): 10:04am On Jan 27, 2009
what is the effect of the N5 that was reduced. From N70 to N65, that's rubbish! Even if it was reduced to N60 it would have been better.
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by fender(m): 12:02pm On Jan 27, 2009
I think we are beginning to move forward here. For the first time in the history of naija where the price of a commodity is depreciating instead of appreciating. Lets expect more to come!!!!
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by fender(m): 12:05pm On Jan 27, 2009
slimes:

65 Naira is not enough reduction. Let's measure the fall. It's like 123%. Government of Nigeria who are you deceiving.

Kai Naija man!!!! lets not despise the small beginning
Re: Petrol Now 65 Naira Per Litre by abes(m): 2:57pm On Jan 27, 2009
N65 wow, that's great.
I'm reporting live from Ogoja, a town in cross river state, they still sell fuel @ N90 per litre, does that means we are not Nigerians? the government should do something about it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Aliyu Imposes 6am To 6pm Curfew In Niger State / Displaced Bakassi Children Seeks Nigeria Fg’s Help[pics] / Dear Unemployed Youths, Before You Shout GEJ Till 2019, Remember These Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.