Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. (1614 Views)

Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall / Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement / Edo State Governor Concedes Use Of Stadium To Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by chiefbamo(m): 5:26am On Apr 02, 2015
Niger state Governor Dr. Muazu Babangida Aliyu who contested for the Niger East Senatorial seat has conceded defeat while he congratulates his opponent Barrister David Umar of the APC and others who succeed during the just concluded elections.

According to Aliyu who made this known in Minna this Wednesday said that what happened during the election will create more unity and bring development to the country.

He hailed President Goodluck Jonathan's courage for conceding defeat, saying his gentlemanly approach of congratulating the President elect, General Muhammadu Buhari  has gone a long way to douse the tension in the country.

Aliyu urged Jonathan to work together with the President Elect to ensure a smooth transition adding that politics is not war.

'President Jonathan's approach doused whatever tension have been created. It worked to smoothen ‎whatever rough edge the election had created. We hope that the transition will be smooth and everyone will see a friendly handover.'

The Niger State governor also stated that after the election results were announced, he called his opponent seven times to congratulate him but he did not pick up the‎ call.
Source :http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/niger-gov-concedes-defeat-calls-opponent-no-response/205659/

Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by YoursGEJ(m): 5:29am On Apr 02, 2015
This man was one of the biggest losers of GMB's victory. Agreed to decamp with Amaechi and nPDP governors and then betrayed them at the last minute. Then he tried to escape to the senate and lost

Aliyu, you see your life?

14 Likes

Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by Pavore9: 5:30am On Apr 02, 2015
See snubbing cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by chiefbamo(m): 5:37am On Apr 02, 2015
True,the man is a snitch,thank God he lost,this same david umaru has. Contested against him twice. And then against nuhu zagbayi last year,and he was robbed of his victory.David umaru won minna,lapai,suleja,aggai,paiko and all the big towns and villages in the senatorial district with a huge margin in the day time but by the next morning results were brought from villages and amulets to upturn the result.

I'm really just happy his patience finally paid off.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by Raiders: 5:40am On Apr 02, 2015
YoursGEJ:
This man was one of the biggest losers of GMB's victory. Agreed to decamp with Amaechi and nPDP governors and then betrayed them at the last minute. Then he tried to escape to the senate and lost

don't mind him. He was hoping to get the pdp ticket in 2019. He is now politically irrelevant in Nigeria. The sokoto and kano governors won APC senate seat after decamping. Aliyu would have won the senate seat if he was in APC.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by Mynd44: 5:58am On Apr 02, 2015
So Aliyu went from being someone who gets calls from everyone that matters in Niger state to being treated like a stalker in just days...

David Umar has no chill

2 Likes

Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by dunkem21(m): 6:11am On Apr 02, 2015
Mynd44:
So Aliyu went from being someone who gets calls from everyone that matters in Niger state to being treated like a stalker in just days...

David Umar has no chill

Sore winners.

Some politicians just need to grow up.

1 Like

Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by tyson99(m): 6:14am On Apr 02, 2015
see him mouth like monkey yansh,odale oshi!
Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by Mynd44: 6:14am On Apr 02, 2015
dunkem21:

Sore winners.

Some politicians just need to grow up.
You people love to act up I swear. Do you know how much David Umar was hounded by agents of Aliyu? His life was threatened and his family almost killed, if he decides to give Aliyu the finger, he is not wrong

7 Likes

Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by dunkem21(m): 6:25am On Apr 02, 2015
Mynd44:

You people love to act up I swear. Do you know how much David Umar was hounded by agents of Aliyu? His life was threatened and his family almost killed, if he decides to give Aliyu the finger, he is not wrong

Bros, I admire your in depth knowledge but I disagree completely with you. ..and who said David Umar didn't pull stunts? ..

He is simply childish, immature and arrogant.

I will pick the call, and make sure the congratulatory message is not more than 2 mins.

APC needs to grow up.

1 Like

Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by TeamSimple(m): 6:38am On Apr 02, 2015
69 missed calls.
Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by Mynd44: 6:45am On Apr 02, 2015
dunkem21:

Bros, I admire your in depth knowledge but I disagree completely with you. ..and who said David Umar didn't pull stunts? ..

I will pick the call, and make sure the congratulatory message is not more than 2 mins.

APC needs to grow up.
Guy, there will be time for congratulatory messages. He could have called his aide and passed it on. Called the deputy or someone else.

How can you call someone 3times and not realize that the person either does not want to talk to you or is busy?

Aliyu was had a right to either call David Umar or not. David Imar had a right to either receive it or not.

Have you never been in the situation where someone has hurt you so badly you don't even want to hear them say sorry or "good morning"? At that particular time? You are not thinking of revenge or malice but you just did not want to hear their voice.

7 Likes

Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by Deiok(m): 6:56am On Apr 02, 2015
Hehehe, is it by force to receive phone call from a loser like you?.
Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 02, 2015
Network problems maybe...

David would call back after Easter don't worry....
Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by omenka(m): 7:05am On Apr 02, 2015
The guy isn't under any obligation to answer his calls. Aliyu should deal with it.

For two days now, I've been trying to imagine what would be going through Rivers State deputy governor's mind. Him fvckup no be here at all!! gringrin

4 Likes

Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by ibrokola(m): 7:18am On Apr 02, 2015
YoursGEJ:

It's a good thing he didn't decamp! APC needs men who can change their states for good, not corrupt deadwoods!

2 Likes

Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by Nuzo1(m): 7:28am On Apr 02, 2015
Nigerians are both bad winners and sore losers.

An opponent who lost to you called you 7 times and you werent touched for once to pick his call. Na waoh! shocked

That's definitely not a characteristics of a good leader. No wonder elections in Nigeria is a do or die affair. If you lose, you are dead!
Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by OluBendel: 7:41am On Apr 02, 2015
dunkem21:

APC needs to grow up.

You talk about people needing to grow up and you are generalising? You made a lot of sense but dragging the whole of APC into your premise is totally unnecessary and uncalled for.

1 Like

Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by dunkem21(m): 7:56am On Apr 02, 2015
OluBendel:

You talk about people needing to grow up and you are generalising? You made a lot of sense but dragging the whole of APC into your premise is totally unnecessary and uncalled for.

We need to understand that our individual actions and reactions reflect on the institution we represent. Simply put, we are the image of the institution we represent and we should maintain decorum and public comportment all the time.

I am right in dragging APC along.

Edited.

I forgot to hail your maturity.
Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by dayo23(f): 8:06am On Apr 02, 2015
Special shoutout to the MOD! After months of Banning me unjustfully, well am back now and victory was ours. Thanks to all agent of Change who volunteers and make the dream a reality. A NL send me a mailed during the campaign asking me for not sharing live images from the campaign tour along with APC, I was banned and I actually did use to forwad all images to him to upload for all.

God bless General Buhari
God bless Prof Osinbajo
God bless APC
God bless Nigeria
#change
Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by watered(m): 8:37am On Apr 02, 2015
omenka:
The guy isn't under any obligation to answer his calls. Aliyu should deal with it.

For two days now, I've been trying to imagine what would be going through Rivers State deputy governor's mind. Him fvckup no be here at all!! gringrin
That one don turn great loser; I watched the Wike look alike pulling stunts on TV (washing his hands in a bowl in the name of denouncing APC), saying nonsense (the more I try to belong to the APC the more the Rivers man in me rejects me, APC is a party built on falsehood and pretence). Tele wa fe iku ku
Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by zicoraads: 8:38am On Apr 02, 2015
Mynd44:

Ho do you know he was hounded by Aliyu's agents? And how do you also know his life was threatened and his family almost killed?
Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by ayukdaboss(m): 8:51am On Apr 02, 2015
omenka:

That guy just messed up his life. I feel very sorry for his family
Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:52am On Apr 02, 2015
The guy's face looks like juju. The guy for refuse to pick for fear of dropping dead because this one go wan use juju talk to am
Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by dominique(f): 10:36am On Apr 02, 2015
Nuzo1:
Nigerians are both bad winners and sore losers.

An opponent who lost to you called you 7 times and you werent touched for once to pick his call. Na waoh! shocked

That's definitely not a characteristics of a good leader. No wonder elections in Nigeria is a do or die affair. If you lose, you are dead!

If only you know what David Must had to go through under the PDP led administration, you'd see where he is coming from. In 2011, he won the senatorial seat but the election was rigged in pdp's favour. It was just about two months ago that the electoral tribunal declared him winner of an election carried out almost 4 years ago! shocked

Senator David Umaru is a man of integrity, purpose and perseverance (just like our President elect). I believe he will also deliver CHANGE to his district.
Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by SouthernGuy(m): 10:38am On Apr 02, 2015
The same Aliyu that wants to become the president of this great country cant even win a senatorial seat in his own state which he has ruled for 8years. SMH
Re: Niger Governor Concedes Defeat. Calls Opponent,no Response. by datone: 3:21pm On Apr 02, 2015
44444fffffuuuuuccccckkkk 44444fffffuuuuuccccckkkk lalasticala

(1) (Reply)

Governor Of Plateau State Appoints SSG, Chief Of Staff & Others / Ogbeni Aregbesola Don Pay, But Guess What? / Tension At The Villa As Buhari Rejects NSA Sambo Dasuki's Resignation Letter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.