Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,856 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall (19155 Views)

Senator Blames Jonathan For Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips / Ex-governor Aliyu Booed And Stoned By Angry Crowd At Inauguration / Governor Aliyu Worships At RCCG, Living Stone Parish, Minna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by midolian(m): 12:04pm On Apr 18, 2015
The Niger State Governor, Babangida Aliyu, on Friday attributed the defeat of his party, Peoples Democratic Party, in the presidential election and governorship elections in some state to President Goodluck Jonathan’s refusal to honour a single term pact allegedly reached by its leaders.

The governor spoke in Minna at a convocation lecture of the Federal University of Technology where he was the guest of honour.

The lecture was titled, The Role of Law in the Enhancement of Socio-Economic Growth of the Nation.

Mr. Aliyu, who also lost the May 28 senatorial election to represent Niger East Senatorial District, said he and some of the party’s leaders saw the defeat coming.

“Many of us saw it coming,” he said. “When I reminded us (that President Goodluck Jonathan had agreed to run for one term), they nearly crucified me. When I led the G7 (group of seven aggrieved PDP governors), they did not do what we wanted them to do until five members left and they did what we asked them to do.”

While facing Mr. Jonathan’s political adviser, Rufai Alkali, who also attended the ceremony, Mr. Aliyu recounted how he was nearly crucified two years ago when he spoke about the one-term agreement on a programme on Liberty Radio, Kaduna.

“I recall also that when APC (All Progressives Congress) came on board (emerged as a political party), I was the first person to say I was very happy now, we have a strong party to put PDP on its toes and many people were asking, ‘Are you really a member?’” Mr. Aliyu recounted.

“Up until the last elections, the allegation against me had always been that I was a supporter of APC; and now, you have seen the results.”

The governor also said there could be other reasons for PDP’s poor outing during the polls, among which was the desire by Nigerians to have a change.

“Nigerians wanted a change and Nigerians got the change,” Mr. Alkali said. “You will have many reasons. One, PDP has been around for 16 years and there is no way you will be around for 16 years and you will not make mistakes.

“So, there are many reasons that will be put together and we will be able to understand and guide people.”

Mr. Aliyu also said corruption does not only mean stealing of money but also engaging in malpractices.

He asked Nigerians to refrain from what could destroy the country’s economy.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/181629-election-niger-governor-aliyu-blames-jonathan-for-pdps-downfall.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Redoil: 12:11pm On Apr 18, 2015
Mumu people when gej was going about begging the evil Obj and his evil minions to stop giving PDP a bad name and obj the king of thieves went futher to publish a book against gej.

7 Likes

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by midolian(m): 12:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
Frog-eyed sycophant..if nature was fair, this man would be Diezani Allison Madueke's husband..

You saw it(PDP's downfall) coming and u helped to chant "GEJ continue" despite knowing he (GEJ) wasn't a sellable candidate..you had the opportunity to decamp buh u chose not to, cos of ur greed.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Importguru(m): 12:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
we all know dat pls, let GEJ b aaabbbaaaaaa He is a good Man who loves Nigerian, he couldnt do well because of you bad people that surrounds him and he want to give another person wit new set of people to do the job provided If Team_Buhari are the change we want to see

9 Reasons Curvy Girls Are Better In Bed
CLICK HERE==>>http://www.bwgist.com/2015/04/9-reasons-curvy-girls-are-better-in-bed.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by igbsam(m): 12:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
Blame game

1 Like

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by yuzjet(m): 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
Oya e gan ni! Mtchew......
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by omenka(m): 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
Dude is still licking wounds. grin

Cry cry governor.

When you guys agreed to ditch the sinking ship along with Amaechi and Kwankwaso, you played a fast one on them hoping PDP can still succeed. You knew then there was an agreement that is being violated, yet you stayed put. Now the cookie's crumbled and you wanna start apportioning blames like you're sharing pizza.

With all due respect sir, stfu!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Entchidodo: 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
The crying Chameleon...He started the whole drama in the first place...good for him.

1 Like

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by efilefun(m): 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
lol
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by geniusmedia: 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
T
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by pontirock(m): 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
Don't allow that frog eye to defect to APC o,let him stay in his party with their badluck

1 Like

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
This aliyu na mumu
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by MarshRiley(m): 12:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
Let the Blame game begin
This is when to know real politicians and cry baby
By the way,you are a bad governor man
#ONENIGERIA
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Pavore9: 12:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
Everybody don dey get mouth! ls GEJ also responsible for his losing the Senatorial election?

3 Likes

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Leojamesjames(m): 12:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
What goes around comes around... Change is here Taliban minna

1 Like

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Nten: 12:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
Will that frog-eyes kpokpomadiga sharrap there! You couldn't deliver your state and even lost your own senatorial ambition, it is now you are remembering one term saga, you saw the defeat coming, bla bla bla... When you guyz were collecting mobilization fund from Jona you didnt remind him of the looming defeat you saw coming and the one term he had earlier agreed upon. Cries of a looser, the next thing they will jump ship after sabotaging

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Zayn04: 12:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
Hmmm...... Wat a day d film has just begun.
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Seun360(m): 12:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
Yes, we all blame GEJ, even Pep Guardiola #BlamedGEJ for their defeat to Porto.

4 Likes

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
GEJ was the most irritating, but all PDP sucks!
Right from the time of OBJ since 1999.
Last Bullet
They made it look like Nigeria is too difficult to govern

2 Likes

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by hamaworld(m): 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
grin grin babangida Aliyu. U don old and u never live dis ur awful behavior.

As if GEJ won his election and let them loose.

Old talkative...
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by tunex23: 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
Campaign after election! PDP can keep blaming themselves for all I care.

Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by PrinceMario(m): 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
Let the fight continue.....watching in 5D cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by tolexy007(m): 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
h
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
just decamp already. stop seeking fake sympathy.
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
pdp's greatest mistake was not doing a presidential primary nd imposing GEJ.....IMO

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Beehshorp(m): 12:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:
GEJ was the most irritating, but all PDP sucks!
Right from the time of OBJ since 1999.
Last Bullet
They made it look like Nigeria is too difficult to govern

Even people wey get brain and dose that don't spew thrash now about gej .. Shey una wan Nigeria by force, gej has given it to u guys enjoy it lemme seesee how long dis cocktail change paty would last

U dey form last bullet as if u be terminator

1 Like

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by geoworldedu: 12:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
[size=16pt] Sure no PDP Governor will take it lightly with GEJ. If he had performed up to 40% in power, surely PDP would have carried the day in the govnorship seats across the nation but because he only performed 10% he made PDP to crash like PRIVATE JET grin
[size=15pt]Nigerian's pls help a student,who is in trouble.
I have been seeking help,for over one month now and it is not yet coming.
all the people that called,just disappointment.
Am sorry for bringing this kind of issue here,but I have no option than to seek help.anywere.I can get..
I don't want to go into my personal details.
that would be for anyone who ask of it but I just want to say a little about my ordeal..
I am a student of NOUN university,studyin B.s.c criminology and security studies,who has been doing well.
I am responsible for my school fees,right from primary school,cos my dad didn't see any need,giving us eduction,but deep inside me.I refused to subcribe to his ideology and I wanted the best for my family,cos our condition was terrible,"financially".
My mom had to take care of our education.7 of us.
has the first.I couldn't stand the sight of seeing her go through all does suffering.
Just to give us eduction,so I left home and started hustlin from primary 5 and I took care of my school fees right from then till I graduated from secondary,now am in the university and was doing well,until I invested all I had in an importation business which leta turned out to be a scam,now am down to zero.
My school fees has elapsed, for a long time now.
I don't even attend lectures and can not write exams,which ironically means,that I will have to withdraw from school.
I would have gone for student loan,but I have tried to secure a student loan before,when I got scholarship to study outside and needed money for my papers,but it was frustrating cos I have no one to stand for me.

The amount in question is,N52,000 and am ready to work for it,if necessary.
I am not saying you should dash me the money,a loan will be well appreciated and am ready to use all my school,birth,state of origin cartificate's, infact all my earthly possesion as a collactorall for the loan
Pls nigerian's. I know so many people bring fake story about such matters online,so am ready to corporate with anybody who can help verify this story.I live in abuja.

[size=15pt]please,I want to appeal to those,who called,and at the end keep posting me.
after calling and showing interest in helping,I stopped posting this article online.
what I get at the end is posting,..you are not doing any good to my situation.instead,u are worsinin it,the time I would have use to get help,is wat you are wasting. by making me to stop posting this online..
I did my best to corperate and even sent my school registration NO and study centre for
comfirmation..
I am not saying,they should dash me this money.I can work for it,just that am not fit right now to raise the the money and exam,is around the corner..
[/size]
[size=15pt]
I WILL BE VERY GREATFUL,IF ANY ONE CAN ASSIST ME WITH A LOAN INSTEAD

SOM1 QUOTED ME,QUESTIONIN THE CREDIBILITY OF THIS STORY.
IF YOU HAvE UR RESERVATIONS CONCERNIN THE CREDIBILITY OF THiS STORY.
YOU CAN MEET UP WITH ME,SO WE COULD GO,TO MY STUDY CENTRE TOGEDA FOR COMFIRMATION OR AT MY SCHOOL HEAD OFFICE,AT WUSE,HERE IN ABUJA
[/size]

[size=17pt]NOTE:pls if you can't assist with a loan and want to render direct financial assistance.you don't have to pay directly to me.
I will appreciate it more,if you pay directly into my school account.
Which you can google urself to comfirm
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 18, 2015
okay. so it was Goodluck Jonathan that came to Minna and asked the people not to vote for Aliyu despite his performance ?

I am a loyal PDP member but the truth is that our party had it coming. We become too comfortable and arrogant in power that we began to take Nigerians for granted. Goodluck Jonathan's failure at the polls is as a result of the wasted years of Obasanjo, Yar'adua, Aliyu and all other failures within the party. It is not Jonathan's failure alone and should not be blamed on him.

PDP should learn how to play the opposition and convince the people instead of forcing their way down the throat of the populace. I bet with characters like Aliyu, Anenih and Olisa Metuh, the party is doomed because these men are used to sitting in office and mismanaging resources instead of doing anything that will better the lot of the people. I hope it won't be long before they jump ship, as Aliyu have started to sing the song of change .

Finally, it is not yet uhuru for our country as the same set of folks that have been pillaging the country have suddenly found themselves in power under a new name and garb; they shall continue raping us afresh.

May God help General Buhari to succeed.

2 Likes

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by 1stola: 12:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
Okay o
In another breaking news,
PDP just merged with other parties in preparation for the 2019 elections. They includes:
APGA
NPC
LABOUR PARTY
KOWA
NPF
SDP
NNY
APP
AD
AIDS
HIV
STV
AIT
MTN grin grin
In temitemi1's voice,
GEJ NA ZERO, FAYOSE MY ROLE MODEM grin

1 Like

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by ochejagabriel: 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
geniusmedia:
T
T for Totoo

(1) (2) (Reply)

You’ve Failed The North, ACF, 17 Arewa Groups Tell Buhari, Northern Politicians / "Attack On Ondo Catholic Church Worshippers Is Unacceptable" - IPOB / Nigerian Army Gets New Director Of Public Relations [see Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.