Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( (1530 Views)

Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse / TAN Leader, Ifeanyi Ubah, Weeps Over Jonathan's Loss / Obiano Sacks Aide Over Jonathan’s Re-Election Jingle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 02, 2015
My fellow brothers from across the Niger, it would seem that majority of you and yours are extremely bitter over what you perceive as "marginalisation in the voting process", at this, I am bewildered.

There have been all sorts of accusations and insults fired at the South-West and general North accusing them of tribalism and it all sounds funny to me. You guys accusing other regions of tribalism have, in fact, been shown to be tribalistic yourselves, otherwise why did Jonathan sweep polls held in SS/SE? Even in a place like Nasarawa, Buhari lost! In the north?! What's up with the hypocrisy? Do you people think other regions exist to fulfil your dreams and pander to your whims?

It is telling that Jonathan's 5/6years in office wasn't enough to speak for him and ensure his continuity. Instead the Presidential Campaign was more focused on certificates and scathing personal attacks, sponsoring shows all over the place. It is telling. I doubt someone like Akpabio or Fashola would have any problems from the populace to return for a 3rd term were it allowed by law, this on account of the glaring results they have been able to achieve.

Nigerians were not tribalistic when we spoke up against Turai's duplicity and forced jonathan into accepting the Presidency. All of a sudden, we're labelled tribalist when we lose confidence in an incompetent goon. Your brother Jona is even on record as saying that you guys are his backbone. I guess Buhari's crutches proved more effective than Jona's spine in the grand scheme of things. What a shame.

Personally, I never liked Jonathan, that dislike graduated to disdain during Fuel Subsidy saga in 2012, and while I voted for GMB in 2011, the scale began to fall off the eyes of millions of Nigerians day after day of incompetent, clueless leadership. Apparently, Goodluck's luck favoured him alone and they were done with him and ready to spew him out at the slightest opportunity. Which, of course, they have done.

So, gentlemen from the east, and SS, relax and take stock of the past four years of Nigeria's politics and critically analyse your role within this time. How much did your moves help or kill Jonathan's tenure? Can you antagonise others and expect them to help you willingly in your time of need? I don't think so. But instead of you guys to come begging for that help in humility, you arrogantly demand it. Oh, the conceit, the gall, the entitlement. And now that your candidate has lost you throw tantrums like 2 year olds denied ice cream. Do you think the yorubas or hausas would spew this tosh you're saying if GMB had lost?

There's more to be said, but I should end this here, now. Nobody owes you anything. You of all people should know that. You fight for what you want and if you lose, you re-strategise and come back at it till you get. Quit biitching about the place. It is unbecoming of a self-acclaimed tribe of warriors and brave men.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 02, 2015
You started off well but your sense of good judgment was beclouded by an in-depth heart filled with bigotry and shallow sentiments.

Next time, don't generalize when writing on national issues. Shallom

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 02, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
You started off well but your sense of good judgment was beclouded by an in-depth heart filled with bigotry and shallow sentiments.

Next time, don't generalize when writing on national issues. Shallom
I don't regard myself a bigot. When I see comments from a section of the country with noone from their side calling them out, I'm at liberty to assume silence implies consent.

If your people aren't truly tribalistic, you owe it to the rest of the country to shut down inciting and tribalistic comments from your brethren or you'll be considered as sharing their sentiments. It's that simple.
Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 02, 2015
Timbuktou:
I don't regard myself a bigot. When I see comments from a section of the country with noone from their side calling them out, I'm at liberty to assume silence implies consent.

If your people aren't truly tribalistic, you owe it to the rest of the country to shut down inciting and tribalistic comments from your brethren or you'll be considered as sharing their sentiments. It's that simple.
Assumptions are not only costly but deadly.

You are intelligent but intelligent people try as much as possible to keep assumptions away. I am not defending anybody, but personally I do not owe any one apologies for actions I took that are legally and morally right based on my own personal convictions neither does anyone owe me.

What I seek is to make my niche a better place by for myself and others by what I do and say. If you really wanted to pass an effective message, then some parts of your write ups wouldn't have been necessary. Shalom
Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by obi4eze(m): 12:16pm On Apr 02, 2015
They are my people but they were beclouded by religious and ethnic sentiments. They failed to realize that GEJ had failed woefully. What did Jonathan do for them?
I know that Buhari will not pay us in our own coin because ordinarily we generally do not deserve anything in his administration.
I know Buhari will not divide the country along ethnic and religious lines like GEJ did.

God bless General Muhammadu Okechukwu Oluwafunmilayo Godwin Buhari, the President-elect of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by Sooroptimist1: 12:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
OP everything you said was spot on!

Can you imagine some educated illiterate saying the Southerners should have stuck with Jonathan in the name of SOUTHERN SOLIDARITY even if he failed.......arrant nonsense and BS of Olympian proportion

I for one saw through the shenanigans of Jonathan's I HAVE NO SHOES mantra in 2011 and told people vehemently that the DNA of any member of PDP predisposes them to failure by DEFAULT...........you can never have any outstanding success in PDP at the Federal level because of the entrenched interest and cabal who are used to looting and corruption

I had a hot arguement with a Pastor friend then who tried to use the 'will of God' nonsense when speaking to people why they should vote Jonathan and i told them that they should expect pain,agony,disappointments as the days go by

immediately he announced the 2012 fuel hike,i instantly became a celebrity because i predicted that the humongous amount of money he deployed for his campaign would be recouped via so many anti-people policies

Thank God he was booted out this time,the amount of back hole already dug into our finances waiting for Buhari would shock even an Atheist because Jonathan have squandered our Foreign Reserve which reportedly got depleted by whooping 1.6Billion Dollars in March alone

When citizens begin to use electron microscope to look for government's performance which they cant feel or touch around them.......you must know that the government is a Failed one and Jonathan did fail woefully

1 Like

Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 02, 2015
AwesomelyMade:

Assumptions are not only costly but deadly.

You are intelligent but intelligent people try as much as possible to keep assumptions away. I am not defending anybody, but personally I do not owe any one apologies for actions I took that are legally and morally right based on my own personal convictions neither does anyone owe me.

What I seek is to make my niche a better place by for myself and others by what I do and say. If you really wanted to pass an effective message, then some parts of your write ups wouldn't have been necessary. Shalom
Again, silence implies consent. I think we're done here.
Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 02, 2015
Sooroptimist1
Obi4eze

Thanks for your understanding. If I castigate the igbos, it is because many have chosen to tow the part of shallowness and those who haven't have kept mum over the issue which shouldn't be so.

I have nothing against igbo people as a whole but, I find it ignorant that they call us slaves for following our conscience and conviction rather than cheap blackmail. I have friends of igbo extraction who I could lay my life for. But when a huge number of these guys share the same dangerous and anti-nation sentiments, I think I should be wary of them.

That's where I stand at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by obi4eze(m): 3:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
Timbuktou:
Sooroptimist1
Obi4eze

Thanks for your understanding. If I castigate the igbos, it is because many have chosen to tow the part of shallowness and those who haven't have kept mum over the issue which shouldn't be so.

I have nothing against igbo people as a whole but, I find it ignorant that they call us slaves for following our conscience and conviction rather than cheap blackmail. I have friends of igbo extraction who I could lay my life for. But when a huge number of these guys share the same dangerous and anti-nation sentiments, I think I should be wary of them.

That's where I stand at the moment.
You aren't wrong. What I hate is the support and sentimental attitude they showed towards Jonathan even when it was obvious that his administration was a big failure. Some of them were not happy with me that I support Buhari but they could do nothing about it because I had formed my opinion already.
They should learn their lesson.
Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 02, 2015
obi4eze:

You aren't wrong. What I hate is the support and sentimental attitude they showed towards Jonathan even when it was obvious that his administration was a big failure. Some of them were not happy with me that I support Buhari but they could do nothing about it because I had formed my opinion already.
They should learn their lesson.
That's the spirit bro. We should decide based on merit alone. God bless you as you teach those on the wrong path. Kudos.
Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by focus7: 4:21pm On Apr 02, 2015
Igbos are the loser in this election, they are always the loser. They were the proponent of Jonathan's re-election, now that he lost the igbos insignificance in Nigeria political scheme is exposed.
Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by teasel: 9:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
Another dumb thread filled with vapid generalizations undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2015
teasel:
This isn't BellaNaija or Linda's blog and we're not discussing fashion trends here. You owe me the duty of pointing out these vapid generalisations. Please get at it.

1 Like

Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by BlackTechnology: 10:33pm On Apr 02, 2015
Timbuktou:
My fellow brothers from across the Niger, it would seem that majority of you and yours are extremely bitter over what you perceive as "marginalisation in the voting process", at this, I am bewildered.

There have been all sorts of accusations and insults fired at the South-West and general North accusing them of tribalism and it all sounds funny to me. You guys accusing other regions of tribalism have, in fact, been shown to be tribalistic yourselves, otherwise why did Jonathan sweep polls held in SS/SE? Even in a place like Nasarawa, Buhari lost! In the north?! What's up with the hypocrisy? Do you people think other regions exist to fulfil your dreams and pander to your whims?

It is telling that Jonathan's 5/6years in office wasn't enough to speak for him and ensure his continuity. Instead the Presidential Campaign was more focused on certificates and scathing personal attacks, sponsoring shows all over the place. It is telling. I doubt someone like Akpabio or Fashola would have any problems from the populace to return for a 3rd term were it allowed by law, this on account of the glaring results they have been able to achieve.

Nigerians were not tribalistic when we spoke up against Turai's duplicity and forced jonathan into accepting the Presidency. All of a sudden, we're labelled tribalist when we lose confidence in an incompetent goon. Your brother Jona is even on record as saying that you guys are his backbone. I guess Buhari's crutches proved more effective than Jona's spine in the grand scheme of things. What a shame.

Personally, I never liked Jonathan, that dislike graduated to disdain during Fuel Subsidy saga in 2012, and while I voted for GMB in 2011, the scale began to fall off the eyes of millions of Nigerians day after day of incompetent, clueless leadership. Apparently, Goodluck's luck favoured him alone and they were done with him and ready to spew him out at the slightest opportunity. Which, of course, they have done.

So, gentlemen from the east, and SS, relax and take stock of the past four years of Nigeria's politics and critically analyse your role within this time. How much did your moves help or kill Jonathan's tenure? Can you antagonise others and expect them to help you willingly in your time of need? I don't think so. But instead of you guys to come begging for that help in humility, you arrogantly demand it. Oh, the conceit, the gall, the entitlement. And now that your candidate has lost you throw tantrums like 2 year olds denied ice cream. Do you think the yorubas or hausas would spew this tosh you're saying if GMB had lost?

There's more to be said, but I should end this here, now. Nobody owes you anything. You of all people should know that. You fight for what you want and if you lose, you re-strategise and come back at it till you get. Quit biitching about the place. It is unbecoming of a self-acclaimed tribe of warriors and brave men.

I hope you will still shout Sai Baba if Buhari performs below expectations. cool

When is Buhari going to probe Tinubu and Obasanjo grin
Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by M17: 10:36pm On Apr 02, 2015
NIGERIA AS A COUNTRY IS FULL OF COW IN HUMAN SKIN .

WE DON'T BOW DOWN TO NO MAN .
Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by owobokiri(m): 10:38pm On Apr 02, 2015
teasel:

It could be one lonely guy somewhere in APC forgery center, posting new topics, quoting himself, replying himself, thanking himself, sharing his own morbid rants and generaly masturbating himself simply because one Osibanjo has won the right to carry Buharis briefcase. .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 02, 2015
BlackTechnology:

I hope you will still shout Sai Baba if Buhari performs below expectations. cool

When is Buhari going to probe Tinubu and Obasanjo grin
Buhari has four years to prove that he deserves another four years. It's that simple. I'd probably be saying Sai Whoever if he performs below expectation by 2019.

I'm a little unsure about how Buhari will conduct his government, but I'm optimistic it would be better than Jonathan's. I'm confident of his adherence to sound moral principles. smiley
Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by dunkem21(m): 10:45pm On Apr 02, 2015
owobokiri:

It could be one lonely guy somewhere in APC forgery center, posting new topics, quoting himself, replying himself, thanking himself, sharing his own morbid rants and generaly masturbating himself simply because one Osibanjo has won the right to carry Buharis briefcase. .

I think you are right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by BlackTechnology: 10:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
Timbuktou:
Buhari has four years to prove that he deserves another four years. It's that simple. I'd probably be saying Sai Whoever if he performs below expectation by 2019.

I'm a little unsure about how Buhari will conduct his government, but I'm optimistic it would be better than Jonathan's. I'm confident of his adherence to sound moral principles. smiley

When is Buhari sending OBJ and Tinubu to prison.?

Can Buhari do what Rawlings of Ghana did.?
Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 02, 2015
M17:
NIGERIA AS A COUNTRY IS FULL OF COW IN HUMAN SKIN .

Anyway, I googled you up and this is what came up. Nice mane you've got there, what conditioner do you use?

Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 02, 2015
owobokiri:

So, now you're Owobokiri? I should expect your next post to be Dunkum or Teasel? good move. You need to show me how to do this polymonikering tins wink
Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by meforyou1(m): 10:50pm On Apr 02, 2015
Op, u are a monkey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 02, 2015
BlackTechnology:

When is Buhari sending OBJ and Tinubu to prison.?

Can Buhari do what Rawlings of Ghana did.?
We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?

meforyou1: OP, you are a monkey
Lol. How so?
Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by TopGee: 10:53pm On Apr 02, 2015
Nigeria and their blame game. All regions voted based on what they believed in and no region need to offer an apology for voting a candidate they could trust.
Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by Toosure70: 11:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
answer- they are senseless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lol. Why Are Igbos Butthurt Over Jonathan's Loss? >:( by 9jvirgin(m): 11:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
True talk

(1) (Reply)

Apc Leaders Fail To Agree On Zoning- John Alechenu And Tunde Odesola / Speakership: North-west Backs Gbajabiamila - Punch / Buhari Goofed On Nigerian Treasury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.