Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) (25689 Views)

Fatal Accident Today Along Creek Road,Apapa(Graphic Photos) / Fatal Accident Today At Third Mainland Bridge,Lagos,Many Feared Dead(Photos) / Fatal Accident Today In Abuja. (viewers Discretion Advised On Pics)) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by iwant2beheard: 3:01pm On Apr 02, 2015
I sincerely thank God for my life! I thank God for my mum's life!

My mum insisted I took her to the hospital, she had a hard time yesterday having her good night sleep (as her BP has been on the high), I had to take permission off work in order to take her...

Our mission was to go to general hospital (at ikorodu, opp high court), we left home at about 11.30 am.

We were coming from ebute (I stay at alogba estate), as we passed the mobil filling station and about climbing the hill towards general hospital, I noticed a big truck coming with full speed with its back, I immediately swerved to the on coming car's lane (fortunately there was no car coming), somehow, the truck swerved in that direction and all I could hear was a loud GBOA!!!, my mum was trapped at the driver seat and was in a serious shock, I ran down (instinctively) to start waving all the cars down(so as not to hit my precious mum. It created a big traffic but alas, the police came to take the cars to one side.

Bottom line is, I am safe, and so is my mum, no injuries (except minor scratches), we thank the lord!

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by lonngmann(m): 3:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
Congratulations o
You won't die before your time
You and your family will live to witness the new breeze of change

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by VickyRotex(f): 3:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
Esu pofo...

Op, I rejoice with you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by obemede1: 3:19pm On Apr 02, 2015
wonderful testimony i thank God 4 u and ur mum's life

5 Likes

Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by DesChyko: 3:19pm On Apr 02, 2015
Amen!!
I only wish the painters at Alaba Int'l Market yesterday were fortunate enough.
The metal ladder they were painting a three-storey building on fell backwards and made contact with a high tension wire. Instantly, their bodies were slashed and baked all over. You don't want to see it yourself, man. One could move his head at least and was rushed to the hospital with a keke. The other was worse off. Even the army had to clear a lane and stop a driver to take him to the hospital. You won't believe that the driver tried to escape, thereby incurring the wrath of the army who beat him to a pulp. The man was eventually taken to a hospital but frankly, no one believes he will survive.
We all have to look around us and find great reasons to thank God despite our difficulties.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by sod09(m): 3:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
Thank God for ur lives
But dnt tell me...after u got down. U had to time to snap pix with ur mum trapped in d car...
Who does DAT...only someone heartless

22 Likes

Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Fabdedon(m): 3:28pm On Apr 02, 2015
nigerians would never stop snapping..
Btw Happy for you..
Pray cos your villagers are boiling hot water for your matter

1 Like

Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Ekiseme(m): 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2015
#Godwin
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by iwant2beheard: 3:46pm On Apr 02, 2015
sod09:
Thank God for ur lives
But dnt tell me...after u got down. U had to time to snap pix with ur mum trapped in d car...
Who does DAT...only someone heartless
thanks

The police were around by then, I needed picture of the event for reference purposes should in case the culprit should start changing the story...

That was why I had to take the pics, I love my mum and am not heartless!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 02, 2015
iwant2beheard

Thank God for your life, glad u r safe. But what about the truck driver? Did he at least say why he was driving backwards?
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by iwant2beheard: 6:40pm On Apr 02, 2015
dicefrost:
iwant2beheard

Thank God for your life, glad u r safe. But what about the truck driver? Did he at least say why he was driving backwards?
the eediot had an over load!

He was driving with gear one and as he was approaching the top of the hill, the car refused to go forward and the brake failed!, the bus started coming back, the gear box busted and he was at the lord's mercy!

Check out the pics you would discover he was heading to the canal (the full load did not afford him to see his back), people were many at the bustop (that bustop is a meat market), if my car did not block him, he would have killed people at the bustop, and also himself (according to police findings), so I am like a hero!

He has taken my car to the mech and taken full responsibility!

@ seun , lalasticlala. Help me thank God by doing the needful...

6 Likes

Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Emmyk(m): 10:55pm On Apr 02, 2015
Congrats. The Lord will continually be with you.
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by lonelydora: 12:42am On Apr 03, 2015
Thank God for saving you and your mum. No weapon fashioned against us shall prosper IJN.
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by elantraceey(f): 12:45am On Apr 03, 2015
Thank God for your life and that of your mum.

2 Likes

Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:18am On Apr 03, 2015
Why don't I believe this super story? Too many inconsistencies. And that in not a BIG truck as you painted it to be.

5 Likes

Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:22am On Apr 03, 2015
DesChyko:
Amen!!
I only wish the painters at Alaba Int'l Market yesterday were fortunate enough.
The metal ladder they were painting a three-storey building on fell backwards and made contact with a high tension wire. Instantly, their bodies were slashed and baked all over. You don't want to see it yourself, man. One could move his head at least and was rushed to the hospital with a keke. The other was worse off. Even the army had to clear a lane and stop a driver to take him to the hospital. You won't believe that the driver tried to escape, thereby incurring the wrath of the army who beat him to a pulp. The man was eventually taken to a hospital but frankly, no one believes he will survive.
We all have to look around us and find great reasons to thank God despite our difficulties.

Where did this story come from? Ladder fell backward, how e take concern driver for alabar international?
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:26am On Apr 03, 2015
iwant2beheard:

My mum insisted I took her to the hospital, she had a hard time yesterday having her good night sleep (as her BP has been on the high), I had to take permission off work in order to take her...

Our mission was to go to general hospital (at ikorodu, opp high court), we left home at about 11.30 am.

We were coming from ebute (I stay at alogba estate), as we passed the mobil filling station and about climbing the hill towards general hospital, I noticed a big truck coming with full speed with its back, I immediately swerved to the on coming car's lane (fortunately there was no car coming), somehow, the truck swerved in that direction and all I could hear was a loud GBOA!!!, my mum was trapped at the driver seat and was in a serious shock, I ran down (instinctively) to start waving all the cars down(so as not to hit my precious mum. It created a big traffic but alas, the police came to take the cars to one side.

Bottom line is, I am safe, and so is my mum, no injuries (except minor scratches), we thank the lord!

There's still somone in the car when you took pics!!!. Where will minor scratches come from in this accident? Brake failed gearbox busted? Guy u can lie o!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Nobody: 4:58am On Apr 03, 2015
iwant2beheard:
the eediot had an over load!

He was driving with gear one and as he was approaching the top of the hill, the car refused to go forward and the brake failed!, the bus started coming back, the gear box busted and he was at the lord's mercy!

Check out the pics you would discover he was heading to the canal (the full load did not afford him to see his back), people were many at the bustop (that bustop is a meat market), if my car did not block him, he would have killed people at the bustop, and also himself (according to police findings), so I am like a hero!

He has taken my car to the mech and taken full responsibility!

@ seun , lalasticlala. Help me thank God by doing the needful...

I hope you're not thinking of repairing that damage.

The car has done its job, sacrificed its all important B pillar to save your mum.

Part it out and sell the rest as scrap.

Nigerians sha, una too much.
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by iwant2beheard: 5:02am On Apr 03, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

There's still somone in the car when you took pics!!!. Where will minor scratches come from in this accident? Brake failed gearbox busted? Guy u can lie o!
my brother may accident never be your portion!

I really don't understand people anymore, why would you think I would lie about being involved in an accident? Or did I drop my account number for donations?

I never mentioned big truck, I said a 'truck', maybe I should have just said 'danfo' and you would have been satisfied!

The minor scratches occurred from the bursting of glass windows!

If you have been involved in an accident before, you would know that if you are right, you would have to take pictures before the vehicles are moved.

If you read the story well, I said the truck driver had a brake failure and started to move backwards of the hill, those that stays/knows that area would understand perfectly well, similar accidents have been occurring there!

Lastly! I really don't need you to believe, if you can't thank God for me, then really, no need to insult or comment at all, I was only using this medium to thank God, don't bother to believe,ok?

14 Likes

Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Stylz69(m): 6:25am On Apr 03, 2015
iwant2beheard:

You actually did say "Big truck" and I expected to see one but all I saw was a mini bus. It is well, we thank God for you and your mother.

5 Likes

Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by fr3do(m): 6:25am On Apr 03, 2015
Hope the whole issue didn't raise your Mum's bp too much?
Why is She leaning her head back in that photo?
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by iwant2beheard: 6:43am On Apr 03, 2015
Stylz69:

You actually did say "Big truck" and I expected to see one but all I saw was a mini bus. It is well, we thank God for you and your mother.
oh my bad!
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by iwant2beheard: 6:46am On Apr 03, 2015
fr3do:
Hope the whole issue didn't raise your Mum's bp too much?
Why is She leaning her head back in that photo?
I had to lower the chair backwards so that she could relax before she engaged in the cumbersome exiting from the driver's door.

She is ok and her bp is fine thanks to God

2 Likes

Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 03, 2015
cheesy . Thank God.

Thank God. Although that one no be accident, na "brushing" for lagos na . Anyhow okpe! Nothing dey happen mama go reach 130 yrs first before she fit think of retirement. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 03, 2015
goof
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by mcdokwe(m): 9:40am On Apr 03, 2015
Thank God for your lives
Re: How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) by Alfred200825(m): 9:41am On Apr 03, 2015
Congrats man. Hope your mom is ok?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated / 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's / Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.