Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode (1917 Views)

Akinwunmi Ambode Celebrates His 53rd Birthday Today / June 12: Nigeria Owes Abiola Viable Democracy – Governor Akinwunmi Ambode / Akinwunmi Ambode Causes A Stir At The Malls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by tynusky: 4:09pm On Apr 02, 2015
His belief in mentoring and passion for passing on leadership skills gave birth to La Roche Leadership Foundation, which he founded in 2012. This is a non-profit organization that has a mandate to develop the educational and leadership skills of young Nigerians, to inculcate in them leadership values as a way of grooming future leaders in all spheres of life. La Roche is presently spearheading an initiative, ‘The Flags Project’, to install Nigerian and Lagos State flags in all government owned schools in Lagos State. The Foundation has also donated tools to technical colleges to support training of artisans

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by adaweezy(m): 4:10pm On Apr 02, 2015
The next governor of Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 02, 2015
Wad abt his history of mental case embarassed?

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by ivy0sasluv: 4:22pm On Apr 02, 2015
that is my Governor. Lagos is in a safe hands with him... #yeepee

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by ayoesperanza: 4:45pm On Apr 02, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Wad abt his history of mental case embarassed?
Don't say what you know nothing about, on my opinion he will be a good governor in lagos state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by drinksandmoreng: 11:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
Akinwunmi Ambode for Governor Lagos State

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by drinksandmoreng: 12:02am On Apr 03, 2015
Ambo ooo...... Ambo ooo.... Apc won at the federal level( Sai Baba), I think the right thing to do is to vote for Ambode at the state level. It's been long Lagos State felt the federal impact. Now federal roads will be fixed and I believe the electricity will also be a thing of the past

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by joanblade234(f): 12:15am On Apr 03, 2015
lets vote for real change.....

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by drinksandmoreng: 12:21am On Apr 03, 2015
Bola Ahmed Tinubu.......... BabaTunde Raji Fashola........ AKINWUNMI AMBODE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by joanblade234(f): 12:42am On Apr 03, 2015
@Oremussanctus..... this is just another ploy of those who do not want the progress of Lagos but would rather profit themselves...
they lack facts,...
u cannot win without facts, ....

would someone with mental illness be able to write the number of publications written by Akinwunmi Ambode
i beg to differ kind sir

Ambode has presented over 30 papers at workshops and seminars locally and internationally covering different areas of management, finance and leadership.

To share his knowledge and experiences in Accounting and Public Finance, Ambode wrote a book titled “Public Sector Accounting”.

He also won Second Best result in entire West Africa in the Higher School Certificate Examinations of 1981.

tell me, how many people are as qualified as this man...

for me oooooo, i will vote continuity of good governance and steady growth for Lagos....

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by joanblade234(f): 12:44am On Apr 03, 2015
@Oremussanctus..... this "mental illness" story is a figment of the imagination of the opposition. Next thing they will say He brought Ebola to Lagos...lolz
it is just another ploy of those who do not want the progress of Lagos but would rather profit themselves...
they lack facts,...
u cannot win without facts, ....

would someone with mental illness be able to write the number of publications written by Akinwunmi Ambode
i beg to differ kind sir

Ambode has presented over 30 papers at workshops and seminars locally and internationally covering different areas of management, finance and leadership.

To share his knowledge and experiences in Accounting and Public Finance, Ambode wrote a book titled “Public Sector Accounting”.

He also won Second Best result in entire West Africa in the Higher School Certificate Examinations of 1981.

tell me, how many people are as qualified as this man...

for me oooooo, i will vote continuity of good governance and steady growth for Lagos....

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by Damieahh: 12:59am On Apr 03, 2015
Change is here to stay .....

Joanblade234. ... wow!! Second best result, now I'm even more convinced.
we don't need someone that just talks the talk
we need someone with leadership experience

He was two time chairman of the Lagos state branch of the FEGOCOWOSA (Federal Government College, Warri Old Students Association), and until recently was the National President of the Association. He held that position for 3 years.

He was voted by an ethnically diverse group of Nigerians.
Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Ijaw, Urobo, Esan, Afemai ...the list is endless.
I myself went to a federal govt school. I know how diverse the pool is.

Let's look beyond the surface of fine suits, nice talk and attempts at character assassination of the opposition...

Let's look to a better Lagos for Us all...

For me, Ambode has my vote!!!

A solid candidate...

True democrat....

Just found out he got "Recognition for Outstanding Excellence byvthe Joint Tax Board (JTB)/ FIRS on successful organization of the 1st National Tax Retreat in Nigeria"

Habba, innovation and excellence....

We will continue to

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by drinksandmoreng: 1:02am On Apr 03, 2015
Vote for continuity..... We have seen what the APC government have done in lagos state in the past 16years.... Please vote for continuity and let's have a Lagos State for you and I. From a true Lagosian.... OMO ISALE EKO..... IGA IDUNGANRAN

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by sammy187: 1:04am On Apr 03, 2015
Vote wisely

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by joanblade234(f): 1:43am On Apr 03, 2015
@Sammy187..... yes oooooo

the prospect of the bright future Lagos state will have with federal support has got be so excited i cannot sit still.....

excitement galore.....

Dubai go dey Learn for where we dey...

see how far we've come without federal support, how much more with the support of the Oga at the top.... #SaiBaba
the sky is just the begining...

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by champion69(m): 1:56am On Apr 03, 2015
He tried in setting up the organisation, these are what people who understands what leadership entails, not like some people who refuse to develop themselve or others in any ramifications since they left power 30years ago.
Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by joanblade234(f): 1:57am On Apr 03, 2015
Here is something I know Ambode is bringing.....

Integrity + Selfless service + Competence = A better society

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by prettyivy4u: 3:50am On Apr 03, 2015
Choi!!
see Ambode support oooh!!

I add my own endorsement as a true blue Edo lady....

I don't see any downside to voting Ambode....

PS: As a S.S lady, heard all Ambode did in his Alumni...
I mean Federal Government College Warri.

I learnt, that during his 3 year tenure as President, of the Old Students Association, he executed quite a number of very key projects all in collaboration with the alumni resourceful network made available, to improve the standard of education and living standards of the students..

that is a man with a burden to serve and a zeal to give back to society...

As for me, d way my Yoruba brothers/ sisters sing it.. "Ambo o ooo, Ambooo"..

My conscience has picked for me

it's

Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by joanblade234(f): 3:57am On Apr 03, 2015
lwkmd cheesy

see my south south sister ooooo

i am glad to see that their still remains a group of people driven my the quest for a greater Lagos....
a Lagos at its best....

Greatness, here we come!!!!

welcome to the movement, miss prettyivy4u (or is it Mrs, Dr or Chief...?? hmm, speak now or forever hold your peace oooo)

most welcome

Change is HERE!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by Damieahh: 4:03am On Apr 03, 2015
Well spoken prettyivy4u

Very well said....

If I my people took time to get to know The Man!!!

Spent more time on facts and less time on frivolity and campaigns based on cooked up facts

Ambode has a great track record...

It speaks for its self....

Eko oo ni baje!!!

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by drinksandmoreng: 6:43am On Apr 03, 2015
Watch "'Ambo'ssadors from Nollywood - Desmond Elliot" on YouTube
'Ambo'ssadors from Nollywood - Desmond Elliot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9kXF2P-Kes
Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by drinksandmoreng: 6:44am On Apr 03, 2015
Proudly Lagosian...... I have decided to vote Akinwunmi Ambode for Governor Lagos State 2015.
Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by Damieahh: 10:11am On Apr 03, 2015
We are now faced with gubernatorial elections in a couple of days and we need to vote wisely.

My concern is that of Lagos which we need to face with clarity.

Let me start with the PDP who have led at the centre with reckless abandon who today has lost to the APC.

For once, the arrogance and impunity associated with this party will automatically assume a decline.

This is the change we all clamour for so we need to remain focused that the party APC that brought this change must continue to hold sway in the territory that nursed this change and that is Lagos.

For PDP to clamour for change in that light is to say the least a lie and should be thwarted by our PVC.

The candidate put forward by PDP does and will not bring anything other than chaos, impunity and lack of experience characteristic of what happened at the moment at the centre.

Must we now settle for inexperienced leader at this point in time in Lagos, my take is no.

Therefore, for our many years of suffering in opposition and to having the centre, it is only right for us to reap the full benefits of our hard work by voting continuity of APC administration.

Look at how far we have come??

There is no alternative except to harm ourselves.

Let us rally round APC to affirm our rightful place in the new dawn in the #SpiritOfLagos

Thank you.

Eko ooo ni baje!!!

Pls pass this on.
Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by prettyivy4u: 11:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ambode,
The Man
The Legend....

Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by Damieah: 12:00am On Apr 04, 2015
Let's follow good examples.....

Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by prettyivy4u: 6:23am On Apr 04, 2015
@Damieah, it's real funny...

Jimmy Agbaje really shot himself in the foot

nice pic
Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by shuaibsmanee: 3:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
He smiles and smiles which make his pleasant disposition and willingness to serve obvious
Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by ayoesperanza: 3:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
Imagine Fashola as a Federal Minister and Ambode as the governor of Lagos.

The kind of wonderful synergy this represents will be to the advantage of Lagosians.

Vote wisely
Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by teamaplus2015: 3:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
we need Ambode as Governmenor of Lagos state.
vote APC
Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by etimutuk: 5:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
#saiAmbode
#Ambode2015

Progress for Lagos #AkinwunmiAmbode
Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by donzubbykamal: 5:10pm On Apr 05, 2015
In this history of gubernatorial politics in Lagos State, no one in my humble opinion prepared for the race as Ambode. How many of us will resign from a plum job of chief accounting of the state and go to school in preparation for a higher calling
Re: Interesting Facts About Akinwunmi Ambode by etimutuk: 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
He is very intelligent.
- he had the second best HSC result in the whole of West Africa in his time.

Lagos will be proud to have another intelligent governor after Fashola.

So my people vote APC,

that's all we've got now,

we need Ambode as Governmenor of Lagos state.

#saiAmbode
#Ambode2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? / Abia State Governorship Election Result / Photos: Gov Oshiomole And New Wife Share A Kiss At Their Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.