Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? (1911 Views)

The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand / Pictures From The Battle In Baga Against Boko Haram / Buhari And Team Pictured Enjoying Breakfast As They Prepare For Lagos Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by tempest69: 9:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
What is the principal interest of the Igbos in Lagos? What do we seek to achieve in our sojourn here? My take is simple. We seek a prosperous Lagos that is economically viable, peaceful....a mini Nigeria of sorts where all people are able to live and pursue their livelihood without let or hinderance.
As a people that thrive on commerce, Igbos want a Lagos where there are government policies that promote the growth of commerce and business.
A Lagos where government builds roads, bridges, hospitals and is generally alive to their duties.
Education is free in Lagos and our children enjoy this. No Igbo child has been sent away from any public school in Lagos. Lagos state government pays WAEC and NECO fees for all students in Lagos....our children enjoy this too.
What do we really want in Lagos? The truth is that we are strangers here. Lagos belongs to some people, just like Onitsha and Aba. Let's not carry on as if this place is a no man's land. It is not!
All of a sudden, Jimi Agbaje has become an Igboman....we have adopted him as our son.....the same way we adopted President Jonathan in the last election against our strategic interest as a people...a decision that has left us in serious political confusion and our senators begging to be admitted into the APC.
What is the difference between Jimi Agbaje and Akinwumi Ambode? Is any of them Igbo? What is our problem? I believe that we have a fair share here. We live in peace unlike our people in the North. I don't think there are more Igbos in Lagos than there are in Kano, yet we live peacefully here.
Yorubas are highly politically sophisticated people and they understand that it is better for them to have a government in Lagos that belongs to the same party as the party at the centre. Igbos cannot love Lagos more than Yorubas. This is their land. If anything happens here now, we will all leave and return home. These people own here...this is their home and we must respect their feelings. Every person living in Lagos wants more federal presence in Lagos. We want a 4th mainland bridge, we want so many other things that the federal government can do.
In the years past, Lagos hasn't enjoyed much federal intervention because of political party differences. Now they have that chance and we want to spoil it for them by being more catholic than the pope.
Let everybody vote any candidate he wants but I reject any collective Igbo move to vote against the strategic interests of the people who own the land where we live and make our living. Lagos has been good to our people. We have succeeded here in business and the professions.
Let's not disrespect the people of Lagos. I will not support any move that will create an impression that Igbos are against the interest of the owners of Lagos. Nobody has murdered our people here like what we
see in the north. Lagos remains the only state in this country where Igbos hold top government positions.
Even our neighbors and brothers, Rivers State have never given us that privilege despite our huge population and presence there.
As for me,I want Lagos to progress and on Saturday, I will proudly vote for ambode just as I proudly voted forGMB

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by WisdomFlakes: 9:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
All those SE based igbos that are running their mouths here sadly won't be on ground to reap the fruits of their foolishness when shyt hits the fan. Word is spreading fast and either way the election turns out things will no longer be the same again between both ethnic groups in Lagos. We need to settle this matter once and for all. We will know the real owners of Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by Boss13: 9:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
@temptest, nice write up who do you think Lagos belongs to?
Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by kay1one(m): 9:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
All those SE based igbos that are running their mouths here sadly won't be on ground to reap the fruits of their foolishness when shyt hits the fan. Word is spreading fast and either way the election turns out things will no longer be the same again between both ethnic groups in Lagos. We need to settle this matter once and for all. We will know the real owners of Lagos.

Na for your chinko phone you go wage the war?! You never see nothing! Sure you are in your father's house threatening war! Come outside one day and see if you won't take cover quickly! !

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by mekaboy(m): 9:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
All these yoruba e_landlords always buying land and booking space on nairaland. Una no dey tire? If u say u own lagos, paste ur c of o here lets see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by Castos(m): 9:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
I don't like insulting people but you're a F00L. See him beating his chest as if he can stand the heat. Anyway, you people are known for making unnecessary noise here and there fully known well that you're the most coward among the THREE.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by WisdomFlakes: 9:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
kay1one:

Na for your chinko phone you go wage the war?! You never see nothing! Sure you are in your father's house threatening war! Come outside one day and see if you won't take cover quickly! !

Omo Ale, like you rightly said am in my father's house in my homeland, SW Nigeria. I hope you are in the SE in your own father's house/land. Where are you presently? If you are anywhere in Lagos and you have the ballz pls let's meet. I promise you I won't "take cover".

4 Likes

Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by mekaboy(m): 9:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Omo Ale, like you rightly said am in my father's house in my homeland, SW Nigeria. I hope you are in the SE in your own father's house/land. Where are you presently? If you are anywhere in Lagos and you have the ballz pls let's meet. I promise you I won't "take cover".

I am in my house, in SW, the house i built on ur fathers land that he sold to me. lol.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by kay1one(m): 9:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Its your dumb parentage I pity!!!

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by WisdomFlakes: 9:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
Castos:
I don't like insulting people but you're a F00L. See him beating his chest as if he can stand the heat. Anyway, you people are known for making unnecessary noise here and there fully known well that you're the most coward among the THREE.

Coming from a group of defeated punks, you get nerve sha. No be your fault. I recall how you all fled Lagos right before Biafra war started, and how you fled again during June 12 crisis. Another flight is imminent, just watch. Chisco terminal no kuku far.

3 Likes

Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by bamidele029: 9:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
Good to hear from a reasonable Igbo, unfortunately some are foolishly allowing themselves to be used as pawns by PDP

3 Likes

Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by WisdomFlakes: 9:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
kay1one:

Its your dumb parentage I pity!!!

Talk is cheap Jo. Abi your bit.ch ass is scared or what?

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by kay1one(m): 9:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Talk is cheap Jo. Abi your bit.ch ass is scared or what?

Dumb im.becile! Check my profile. .. I'm too high for you!
Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by Akshow: 9:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
op, except u are onyebuchi ememanka who is the writer of this piece, acknowledge and give him credit.

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by WisdomFlakes: 9:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
mekaboy:

I am in my house, in SW, the house i built on ur fathers land that he sold to me. lol.

That house you claim to live in, in Yorubaland is about to be repossessed as an "abandoned property". Till today, upon all your mouth, the Ikwerres of Port Harcourt are still in possession of your houses and y'all can't do shyt since all these years to repossess those properties. History is about to repeat itself coz we go reclaim that property and heaven will not fall.

2 Likes

Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by WisdomFlakes: 10:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
kay1one:

Dumb im.becile! Check my profile. .. I'm too high for you!

Yeah, I can see you alright, and you really do look like a ffokking pu.ssy.

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by kay1one(m): 10:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Yeah, I can see you really do look like a ffokking pu.ssy.

Homo alert!!!
Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by kay1one(m): 10:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

That house you claim to live in, in Yorubaland is about to be repossessed as an "abandoned property". Till today, upon all your mouth, the Ikwerres of Port Harcourt are still in possession of your houses and y'all can't do shyt since all these years to repossess those properties. History is about to repeat itself coz we go reclaim that property and heaven will not fall.

Does anybody in your lineage have landed property in lagos?! You're delusional!!!
Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by WisdomFlakes: 10:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
kay1one:

Homo alert!!!

Yeah, open your fat lips and lemme nut in it. Fa.ggot a$$.
Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
it is the bounden and sworn duty of every Igbo person of age in Lagos to vote for Jimi Agbaje in this election.
this is ONE thing you can do to send a very powerful message that we cannot be intimidated by anybody in Nigeria
they wanted us to be Nigerians by force, and 3 million of our people died, mainly by starvation.
now we are Nigerians, and ALL PARTS OF NIGERIA IS OURS!

even if you did not want to vote before; even if you were planning to travel; even if you were planning to vote for APC:
please, in the name of our dead heroes in Biafra, we MUST vote for PDP, and for Jimi Agbaje.
PDP may still lose, but let us give Jimi 99.9999% of our votes.
may God bless you as you do so!
Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by kay1one(m): 10:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Yeah, open your fat lips and lemme nut in it. Fa.ggot a$$.

Turned down!!!
I'm too high for you! Low life!!!
Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by WisdomFlakes: 10:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
kay1one:

Does anybody in your lineage have landed property in lagos?! You're delusional!!!

What effrontery?! A common settler like you. I will always be your landlord coz you are a stranger in Lagos. I am a son of the soil.
Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by Castos(m): 10:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Coming from a group of defeated punks, you get nerve sha. No be your fault. I recall how you all fled Lagos right before Biafra war started, and how you fled again during June 12 crisis. Another flight is imminent, just watch. Chisco terminal no kuku far.
I wished we fought against you Yorubas, as in without You guys hiding behind the Hausas like cowards that you are. How I wished it was Igbos against Yorubas, today Lagos could have been better defined as who should occupy it. Just thank the Hausas for saving your fathers asses cos there would be no one to waste such a sperm like you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by kay1one(m): 10:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

What effrontery?! A common settler like you. I will always be your landlord coz you are a stranger in Lagos. I am a son of the soil.

Sha sha you no get land!!!
My people get!!!
Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by WisdomFlakes: 10:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
kay1one:

Turned down!!!
I'm too high for you! Low life!!!

LoL. Okoro feeling funky, with your okrika shades and kpomo lips, you feeling sexy with yourself. Nigga pls GTFOH.
Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by domopps(m): 10:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
Op! Am typing your award of commendation!
I couldn't have said it more than this !

Just that I condemn what Oba of Lagos said

Cheeeers
Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by WisdomFlakes: 10:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
Castos:
I wished we fought against you Yorubas, as in without You guys hiding behind the Hausas like cowards that you are. How I wished it was Igbos against Yorubas, today Lagos could have been better defined as who should occupy it. Just thank the Hausas for saving your fathers asses cos there would be no one to waste such a sperm like you.

Hello!! You guys lost the ffokking war. Yes, Yorubas and Hausas beat your ffockking a$$es. Now shut the ffocck up and go to sleep. End of Story.
Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by kay1one(m): 10:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

LoL. Okoro feeling funky, with your okrika shades and kpomo lips, you feeling sexy with yourself. Nigga pls GTFOH.

While you embrace poverty daily and claim "son of the soil"!
Re.tard!
Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
relchange:
it is the bounden and sworn duty of every Igbo person of age in Lagos to vote for Jimi Agbaje in this election.
this is ONE thing you can do to send a very powerful message that we cannot be intimidated by anybody in Nigeria
they wanted us to be Nigerians by force, and 3 million of our people died, mainly by starvation.
now we are Nigerians, and ALL PARTS OF NIGERIA IS OURS!

even if you did not want to vote before; even if you were planning to travel; even if you were planning to vote for APC:
please, in the name of our dead heroes in Biafra, we MUST vote for PDP, and for Jimi Agbaje.
PDP may still lose, but let us give Jimi 99.9999% of our votes.
may God bless you as you do so!
And you think if he wins he will do the biddings of the Ibos? He's still a Yoruba man in the end. You lot never learn.
Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by knowledgeable: 11:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
lisimmo:

Go and read history to know the heroes of the civil war. Does these names ring a bell Obasanjo, Benjamin Adekunle, Alabi Isama etc. do they sound hausa to you?

Ojukwu said what defeated him was the change in currency and the starvation of biafran soldiers. These two policies were effected by Awolowo.

The major success you had in the civil war was the conquest of Benin and it was headed by colonel Banjo (a Yoruba) my friend go and dust your history book to know we dealt with you ruthlessly in the war and we'll do so again.

Igbos are ever ready for a show down with the yorubas, and you can deduce that from their rhetoric and this time around, I have an uncanny feeling that the Hausa/fulani dominated fedral govt., may just allow the two sides to reduce themselves to ruin. I don't see the same scenarios as in the 1960s.
Re: The Battle For Lagos And What Does An Igbo Man Want In Lagos? by 7lives: 11:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
Castos:

Be careful what you wish for ' cause you just might get it.
Yorubas will fight you without firing a single shot, I hope some people will not claim genocide when the poo hit the fan.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Throwback: IBB host Prince Charles & Princess Diana in Lagos on 15 March 1990 / Biafran Girl, 15, Flies Plane In US - 2010 / See Photo Of Ex Gov Akpabio's Car After The Accident Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.