Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,968 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test - Jobs/Vacancies (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test (557285 Views)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / WAEC: Invitation For Aptitude Test Roll In / Diamond Bank 2015 Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by nefilahot: 4:35pm On May 17, 2015
Any way bad belle is allowed!
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by captainuc(m): 4:43pm On May 17, 2015
nefilahot:
U re not a gd Nigerian nd daz one of d reasons corruption is still lingering in our blood, u knew quite alright dat there ws no " empirical evidence" to show dat ur fellow applicant who were nt shortlisted didn't merit it instead of u to open dis ur stinky smelling nd god 4skn mouth nd complain or better protest for dem u selfishly went ahead nd wrote ur own so why bringing up dat issue now If u re such a bad looser den shut dat pit toilet u call mouth nd quietly gv space to those who truly deserve d job coz i knw dat even if u were to b gvn d opportunity 200 tyms u will still b a looser.
Oh........Too harsh!!!
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by nefilahot: 4:50pm On May 17, 2015
Birds of d same feather always .......
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Philipsdael(m): 4:56pm On May 17, 2015
Well,
I was shortlisted base on merit.
I paid no single dime to any body neither did i promised anybody a dime.
Many factors worked in my favour e.g
i didn't see a single applicant from my LGA.
Though, i came with all the requirement also my height, chest size was satisfactory.
I was interviewed by a lenient Lady that naturally liked me for no reason (because after all the smiles she gave me she didn't collect my number! lolz)
Above all,
Seriously, I was just lucky and furtunate.
I've been frustrated by the Nigerian Navy for five years (5 failed attempts).
Infact, i reluctantly gave the NIS a trial, i even registered few days before the registration closed.
Now, here i stand among the few selected.
We were not the most qualified or only qualified applicants.... Its just a thing of being furtunate among the qualified majority.
To the qualified but not selected ones.... Just don't relent.
Your glory will surely come.
To all my conpass 6 Inspectors "I Salute"

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by phetty(m): 5:31pm On May 17, 2015
Good day to y'all... For the past one week, I've been enjoying the reactions and counter-reactions here from different people. But in my own opinion, I'd like to make some comments on the just concluded NIS recruitment.

From my experience in different recruitment processes I've partaken in, I could say this process wasn't properly organised. A recruitment exercise often has 3 stages: application, aptitude test, and interview stages.

To make transition from the application to the aptitude test stage, it greatly depends on LUCK. Candidates are often RANDOMLY SELECTED from the application pool to partake in the test. In this transition, largest number of candidates is normally dropped.

Your progress from the test stage to the interview stage should depend SOLELY on your SATISFACTORY PERFORMANCE in the test. This transition also see larger number of candidates being dropped based on the set cut-off mark. This is where NIS has got it wrong. Their cut off mark was too low; hence, much candidates were shortlisted for interview. Out of 43k candidates who did the test, around 34k were invited for interview. This is damn ridiculous!

Another flaw I saw in the process was the interview stage. Interview is designed to ascertain the personality of potential employee and decide if they fit into the system of the company/organisation. The truth is NIS didn't interview us, they only verified our documents. Normally for a candidate to succeed in interview, he/she must have put up a SATISFACTORY PERFORMANCE. Hence, you could then conclude the selection was based on MERIT.

So, the NIS process was poorly designed. To those that were finally selected, I say a BIG CONGRATULATION to y'all. Believe me or not, you were not selected on MERIT, but on LUCK.

And to those that weren't selected, you were just UNLUCKY. Don't think you're not employable; your name wasn't just amongst the LUCKY RANDOMLY PICKED names.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by samplanner(m): 6:38pm On May 17, 2015
phetty:
Good day to y'all... For the past one week, I've been enjoying the reactions and counter-reactions here from different people. But in my own opinion, I'd like to make some comments on the just concluded NIS recruitment.

From my experience in different recruitment processes I've partaken in, I could say this process wasn't properly organised. A recruitment exercise often has 3 stages: application, aptitude test, and interview stages.

To make transition from the application to the aptitude test stage, it greatly depends on LUCK. Candidates are often RANDOMLY SELECTED from the application pool to partake in the test. In this transition, largest number of candidates is normally dropped.

Your progress from the test stage to the interview stage should depend SOLELY on your SATISFACTORY PERFORMANCE in the test. This transition also see larger number of candidates being dropped based on the set cut-off mark. This is where NIS has got it wrong. Their cut off mark was too low; hence, much candidates were shortlisted for interview. Out of 43k candidates who did the test, around 34k were invited for interview. This is damn ridiculous!

Another flaw I saw in the process was the interview stage. Interview is designed to ascertain the personality of potential employee and decide if they fit into the system of the company/organisation. The truth is NIS didn't interview us, they only verified our documents. Normally for a candidate to succeed in interview, he/she must have put up a SATISFACTORY PERFORMANCE. Hence, you could then conclude the selection was based on MERIT.

So, the NIS process was poorly designed. To those that were finally selected, I say a BIG CONGRATULATION to y'all. Believe me or not, you were not selected on MERIT, but on LUCK.

And to those that weren't selected, you were just UNLUCKY. Don't think you're not employable; your name wasn't just amongst the LUCKY RANDOMLY PICKED names.

the same thing some of us are saying here, to many that have gotten appointment without connections it is God's favor and not on merit bcs there was nothing like interview in this exercise. a guy was successful without uploading even his medical cert and pri cert. God's favor really works and we are happy for them. but that did nt make the exercise free and fair bcs we are 10 from same L.G.A that participated in the interview that we were ask only where we schooled and date of births but non of us were employed. life is all abt luck and I bliv evry1 has his or her own share of bad luck in life. life goes on.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by iphie25(f): 8:28pm On May 17, 2015
drKally:
Sorry to say this, but most of u have the delusion of grandeur and u are very bad losers, how can u just sit in the comfort of ur home cushion and type trash, to insult the sensibilities of everyone who got appointed purely on merit. this was a vacancy I was so reluctant to apply for, a colleague actually cajoled me to apply, that colleague and all my oda colleagues were not even shortlisted for the test. it was clearly stated in their website that your interview performance was not the only determinant if not the least. they used your test scores and also considered all certificates presented, putting federal character into consideration. how sure are you that you are among the best 50 in ur state? or even the best 3 in ur local govt? U've got the best height and were able to convince ursef u did well. I have met so many people who got the job, they are all stars in their field too. learn to rejoice with others and strive for your chance. I have gone through 11 recruitment processes (fed& multinationals) this is the 2nd successful one and I must say most transparent. U have a first class so what? over-confidence kills and stagnates, it would keep u bitter in one position in life. Gods grace qualifies and grace has no marking scheme.

WORD!!! I'd quote you a million times if I could.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by kelesty: 8:28pm On May 17, 2015
phetty:

Yes I agree with u. dat I did not merit it. but I was not also lucky but rather I wld say I was Favoured! by GOD whose name is JEHOVAH.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by senoreetah(f): 8:34pm On May 17, 2015
Hywhaletek:
Starting from how they selected those for CBT, There is NO EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE to show that others who didn't make the CBT list didn't MERIT IT. Then the next MAGOGO came: WE WROTE the CBT NO EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE to show for our TEST SCORE..The WHOLE NIS recruitment process is a SCAM, how will someone write a TEST and you won't show or TEXT that person his/her SCORE? Assuming i had the POWER i would have called for my SCRIPT or text score and compare it to those who made the interview stage for LAGOS STATE or any other state. (FOOLISH DRAGNET) TEXT WEY i DO WEY i KNOW SAY I MURDER. Is it the ENGLISH part, or the LOGICAL REASONING, the simple Mathematics or current affairs that i aced in less than a minute....If me and any of the successful candidates happen to re-write this same TEXT in an OPEN FIELD am sure only a few will be equal to me...(No be mouth tho cus ENU ose DURELLA)....That is why i would have really love to call for my "script" via the computer base test. To the successful ones it's by LUCK or let me say GOD's grace that you where chosen not because you merited it, or you where better than those who didn't make it to the final stage or the CBT stage because in all the recruitment process there is NO EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE to assert that those who made the final list really MERITED it. It was just luck on your side.

U want to be shortlisted and u can't differentiate between TEXT and TEST...continue living in denial

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by iphie25(f): 8:36pm On May 17, 2015
lawalolak:
@ Drkally, u are too selfish just bcuz u made d lists. To be realistic, did nis conducted a free and fair exercise? Did u even no d different btw 700 and 40 at all. Anyway just speak for yourself if u ar not part of people that do mago mago just kip quiet. God dey.

With this type of English...you didn't leave ur examiners and interviewers much of a choice..no matter how badly they would have wanted to help you. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by abimbawealth(f): 8:46pm On May 17, 2015
iphie25:

With this type of English...you didn't leave ur examiners and interviewers much of a choice..no matter how badly they would have wanted to help you. undecided
Awwwnnn...you could have ignored that babe...
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Annais(f): 8:48pm On May 17, 2015
iphie25:

Oh dear!!
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by phetty(m): 8:49pm On May 17, 2015
kelesty:

Yes I agree with u. dat I did not merit it. but I was not also lucky but rather I wld say I was Favoured! by GOD whose name is JEHOVAH.

Bro, Divine Favour from God! E no easy oh! To be chosen out of many definitely means "Oluwa is involved"

Enjoy your success, bro

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 17, 2015

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by MartineeVIP(f): 9:27pm On May 17, 2015
I wonder why most persons are finding it too hard to believe this process was transparent to some extent though it might be faulted somehow, I for a person don't know anybody when I mean any body there, either as a cleaner, messenger or an officer but I was chosen, even when I lost hope of been picked because this forum made me to understand that you need an Abuja factor to get the job, but truth be told I just let it flow because I don't want story that touch. Immediately I got the mail I knew it was the hand of God and no other factor involve. So pls those who are finding unnecessary fault concerning this exercise, they should have done that immediately after the CBT and not now because they weren't picked. I'm writing this long epistle because I was picked and I didn't have any connection.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Sackin: 10:29pm On May 17, 2015
Gudevening fellow nairalander, I 've been keenly following every comment on the ongoing recruitment exercise by NIS. If majority of us believe that the process to the appointment page is not transparent, truly it not transparent at all as per the selection process. I do agreed to every of your comments stating the reason why it is not transparent. But to my surprise, nor of you were able to see what I observed on the appointment page. Pls check the first to the seven page, look critically on the names, you will discover that some names about seven of them appear twice with the same application number from the same state and same compass. I wonder why individual is giving two slots while thousands of people were not chosen. Pls check through to confirmed. Just only page one to seven alone I discovered about seven names appearing twice, only God knows the total number of names that will appear twice BTW page 8 to 80. Some people use multiple Abuja factors that their name and application number appeared twice. Pls once again, I appeal that you verify my claim b4 it is doctors again.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by buccunmie(m): 10:33pm On May 17, 2015
Most people here are angry because of shortlisting favor them and vice-versa, let's calm down and see how things unfold. selection in each state varies on the ground only the committee can explain. If nothing is done eventually, accept it in good faith and move on.........God have his way of doing things that ordinary man can't understand. If God don't want it for u, it won't just work out. Let's just pray God should show us the way forward in time so as not to duel on dis stuff too much.

for those English major here, mark my blunder with sense wink
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 17, 2015
I congratulate all d newly appointed officers... We thank God for you all. Everyone get ready you will soon celebrate again.... Nigeria Civil Defense Corp. will start recruiting soonest... Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by dickoflife(m): 11:28pm On May 17, 2015
sexymama1234:
I congratulate all d newly appointed officers... We thank God for you all. Everyone get ready you will soon celebrate again.... Nigeria Civil Defense Corp. will start recruiting soonest... Cheers
serious? pls gice me ur pin
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by iphie25(f): 5:47am On May 18, 2015
abimbawealth:

Awwwnnn...you could have ignored that babe...

Yeah I would have...but sometimes you owe yourself a duty to speak the truth. It's really funny how some people convince themselves that they were better than others with that kind of English. Even if we were all geniuses(which is not exactly the case) NIS will still not take us all. There are a thousand ways to contrive an excuse for failure/ill luck(well..i had to add that, since they are now forcing us to accept it's sheer luck that got us selected)..but this is just below the belt biko!
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by OLUFUNK(f): 6:05am On May 18, 2015
Gd day house, pls hw can i check my name cos i neither got d mail in my inbox nor spam. pls any advise
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by lionphil(m): 8:19am On May 18, 2015
Lawal4green, http://nigeriannewspapers.1push.com.ng/cancel-recruitment-exercise-reps-order-nis/

What do you have to say about this? I hope it is not true.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Nobody: 9:14am On May 18, 2015
sexymama1234:
YES ITS TRUE,CONFIRMED.Immediately after May29
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by abimbawealth(f): 9:34am On May 18, 2015
iphie25:

Yeah I would have...but sometimes you owe yourself a duty to speak the truth. It's really funny how some people convince themselves that they were better than others with that kind of English. Even if we were all geniuses(which is not exactly the case) NIS will still not take us all. There are a thousand ways to contrive an excuse for failure/ill luck(well..i had to add that, since they are now forcing us to accept it's sheer luck that got us selected)..but this is just below the belt biko!
I understand you, just chill and leave whoever wants to talk or discredit you to themselves, there's little or nothing you can do to change their thoughts. Just be good and hope to catch you in Kano!!!
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 18, 2015
www.joinnigerianavy.com.home/aspx
NAVY don start anoda RECRUITMENT
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 18, 2015
www.careers.nigerianairforce.gov.ng Started on 23April,Deadline June4th
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Raskasal(m): 2:54pm On May 18, 2015
Not even upto 40 candidates were chosen in Ogun state, from all I noticed, the north got the major slot.

So where is the fairness as claimed by the secretary general?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Gbangbalicious: 3:14pm On May 18, 2015
God Is Great.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Bongi4luv(m): 3:44pm On May 18, 2015
[quote author=Raskasal post=33857903]Not even upto 40 candidates were chosen in Ogun state, from all I noticed, the north got the major slot.

So where is the fairness as claimed by the secretary general? [/quote

It's really true,majority of appointees are from the North.hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Esji80(m): 3:47pm On May 18, 2015
Raskasal:
Not even upto 40 candidates were chosen in Ogun state, from all I noticed, the north got the major slot.

So where is the fairness as claimed by the secretary general?
hmmmmn which north? Northern Niger or North Korea?? In Kebbi State not more than 30 were chosen likewise Sokoto. I wish you all d best.May God make d job d best for d chosen ones,for us d@ werent chosen may He choose us d best job.ameeen

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test by Bicoh: 3:50pm On May 18, 2015
Expect calls or messages 2 come 4 APL before friday for NIS replacement i.e for those who have strong connections and also blieve God.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (175) (Reply)

OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 / Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria / SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.