Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

David Umaru Responds To Claims By Dr. Muazu Babangida Of Ignoring His Calls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Umaru Responds To Claims By Dr. Muazu Babangida Of Ignoring His Calls (2320 Views)

Muslim Woman Accused Of Ignoring London Attack Victim Speaks Out / Aisha Buhari Reacts To Claims She Bought Dollars And Resold For Profit / Tompolo Replies Danjuma, Accuses Him Of Ignoring Apc’s Tirades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Umaru Responds To Claims By Dr. Muazu Babangida Of Ignoring His Calls by beefsupreme: 4:54am On Apr 03, 2015
The Senator Elect Niger East senatorial district Barr. David Umaru yesterday responded to claims being made by Dr. Muazu Aliyu Babangida, the PDP senatorial candidate for same senatorial district that Barr. Umaru refused to respond to his text message or pick his call, the Senator elect has this to say
"My attention has been drawn to media reports credited to Dr. Muazu Babangida Aliyu claiming that I refused to pick his telephone calls . He also claimed to have sent text messages which were not replied.
Ordinarily I would not have responded to these false claims knowing the pedigree of the person.
However, I would want the public to note that Dr. Muazu Babangida Aliyu’s claims are false and a mischief. I therefor urge The general public to disregard same.
I must clarify that I do not have Dr. Babangida Aliyu's phone nos. and as such I could not have shunned his calls. Equally, I have not received any text message from him.
However I would like to reiterate the fact that I have since the announcement of the result of polls extended hands of fellowship to all stake holders in the zone ( which includes Dr. Babangida Aliyu) to work together for the development of Niger East and the state in general. I have also in the spirit of sportsmanship opened my doors to all those who were on the other side of the contest and I hereby repeat the same call.
Additionally, I would like Dr. Babangida Aliyu to know that I understand how one feels when one is faced with this kind of situation. However, it is not necessary to personalise such issues since what has happened is an act of God.
In order to conclude this matter, notwithstanding that Dr. Babangida Aliyu has chosen to use the media as a platform to discuss such a personal matter, however, if his intention is to convey a congratulatory message to me; I hereby accept same and thank him for his magnanimity. I urge him to queue up behind us in our determination to move the zone, the state and the country forward with clean and accountable Leadership.
Signed
Senator David Umaru "
find the post here on his Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=710527575726977&id=680652248714510&notif_t=like

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Umaru Responds To Claims By Dr. Muazu Babangida Of Ignoring His Calls by Opinedecandid(m): 4:56am On Apr 03, 2015
That's all?
Re: David Umaru Responds To Claims By Dr. Muazu Babangida Of Ignoring His Calls by Nuzo1(m): 5:01am On Apr 03, 2015
No doubt, the bad winner of a Senator snub Gov Aliyu's calls and text.

Most Nigerians are bad winners and sore losers.
Re: David Umaru Responds To Claims By Dr. Muazu Babangida Of Ignoring His Calls by bigtt76(f): 5:32am On Apr 03, 2015
Hin for nor bother explain sef.. we know say de former governor was probably flashing as hin Don broke so grin ona sabi dat kin last card flashing wen you wey get fone sef go surprise say you see missed call grin yeye party

1 Like

Re: David Umaru Responds To Claims By Dr. Muazu Babangida Of Ignoring His Calls by Wsdm: 5:39am On Apr 03, 2015
...and a core Muslim environment voted a christian in place of a muslim! The quest to insult the Northern Muslims for being a bigot is jeopardized. Others should just learn this amiable qualities and stop the hate. The yorubas too are also to be comended for producing house of rep from another tribe.

9 Likes

Re: David Umaru Responds To Claims By Dr. Muazu Babangida Of Ignoring His Calls by Chiefpriest1(m): 5:48am On Apr 03, 2015
This Muazu likes drama. And he wants to be president in 2019. Chief servant my foot!

2 Likes

Re: David Umaru Responds To Claims By Dr. Muazu Babangida Of Ignoring His Calls by Lee29: 6:25am On Apr 03, 2015
Wsdm:
...and a core Muslim environment voted a christian in place of a muslim! The quest to insult the Northern Muslims for being a bigot is jeopardized.
Don't just talk if you don't have fact! Niger East senatorial district is not a core Muslim environment. Population is spread mainly between Christians, Muslims and animists. Don't bring religion to this issue
Re: David Umaru Responds To Claims By Dr. Muazu Babangida Of Ignoring His Calls by donjuviam(m): 7:34am On Apr 03, 2015
Cooking my banga soup, I will comment later
Re: David Umaru Responds To Claims By Dr. Muazu Babangida Of Ignoring His Calls by dominique(f): 7:48am On Apr 03, 2015
Sen. David is not under any obligation to pick his calls ojare. Is it not Aliyu's PDP that denied David of his senatorial seat four years ago? If not for the free and fair elections, they would have gotten away with it again now he wants to call to form good sportsmanship. Abegi! David Umaru not picking Babangida Aliyu's call is absolutely understandable.

1 Like

Re: David Umaru Responds To Claims By Dr. Muazu Babangida Of Ignoring His Calls by Jsplash(m): 8:09am On Apr 03, 2015
lol cheesy
bigtt76:
Hin for nor bother explain sef.. we know say de former governor was probably flashing as hin Don broke so grin ona sabi dat kin last card flashing wen you wey get fone sef go surprise say you see missed call grin yeye party
Re: David Umaru Responds To Claims By Dr. Muazu Babangida Of Ignoring His Calls by Ribaman(m): 8:43am On Apr 03, 2015
Wsdm:
...and a core Muslim environment voted a christian in place of a muslim! The quest to insult the Northern Muslims for being a bigot is jeopardized. Others should just learn this amiable qualities and stop the hate. The yorubas too are also to be comended for producing house of rep from another tribe.

You are the one displaying a lack of local knowledge, that place/area is not as "core Muslim" as your post suggests.
Re: David Umaru Responds To Claims By Dr. Muazu Babangida Of Ignoring His Calls by kokoA(m): 9:04am On Apr 03, 2015
Mr Chief servant, oga David doesn't pick calls from strange numbers.. Okay now he's seen your missed calls grin don't worry, one of his aides will return your call when he is less busy.. grin power sweet o.. This man and Buhari's stories have taught me great lessons this year.. Never never give up! Here is a man who was rigged out of the governorship race twice by PDP, he remained with the opposition, attempted to become a senator following the death of Sen. Awaisu Kuta, again he won but PDP announced their candidate (Shem Zagbayi Nuhu) as winner.. That is when God started working for him.. He went to court and collected his mandate back.. As if the devil was not done yet, another election was around the corner and he was to battle an all powerful incumbent chief servant of the PDP shocked Mr. David just like the biblical David kept calm and watched Goliath (Muazu Babangida) made the whole noise.. God was with him and guess what?! He dealt a very fatal blow on Goliath, defeating him with a margin that can best be imagined grin

2 Likes

Re: David Umaru Responds To Claims By Dr. Muazu Babangida Of Ignoring His Calls by Wsdm: 10:06am On Apr 03, 2015
Lee29:

Don't just talk if you don't have fact! Niger East senatorial district is not a core Muslim environment. Population is spread mainly between Christians, Muslims and animists. Don't bring religion to this issue
And how comes Buhari won that region eventhough the Northern christian Minorites mostly keyed into Christian presidency. Look, i have lived in that senatorial district since 1988 and i know what exactly i am talking about.
Re: David Umaru Responds To Claims By Dr. Muazu Babangida Of Ignoring His Calls by Wsdm: 10:09am On Apr 03, 2015
Ribaman:

You are the one displaying a lack of local knowledge, that place/area is not as "core Muslim" as your post suggests.
I talk based on what i know. Could you please tell me how many first class chiefs from that region that are christian? David Umar's campaign representative in my area is a very high ranking Islamic scholar.
Re: David Umaru Responds To Claims By Dr. Muazu Babangida Of Ignoring His Calls by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 03, 2015
So babangida Aliyu can lie grin
David that is greater than Goliath....

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Anthem / The Republic Of Benin Kingdom Festival;the yoruba connection(photo) / Breaking News: Fulani Herdsmen Kill 20,000 People In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.