Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency (1787 Views)

Igbo Should Talk About Presidency After Buhari – Okorocha / SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio / Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by owobokiri(m): 5:29am On Apr 03, 2015
With the results of the last general elections now released, it is now obvious that the igbos voted massively in favour of the ruling PDP. This has led to a situation where there are no APC igbo senators in a federal legislature dominated by the APC. . There have been talks of giving the igbo the position of the senate president, but it is obvious that those pushing this idea are the same bunch whose only reason for being so anti Jonathan is because they felt he was too close to these 'obstinate' igbos. . The questions are; of what benefits will an igbo senate presidency be to the igbo in a senate dominated by totally non igbo APC senators? Knowing fully well that buharis presidency is nothing but a product of ethnic gang up between the SW and the North, how does putting an igbo face to this infamy help advance the igbo course? What are the benefits of Enwerems senate presidency to the igbo? Or that of Okadigbo, Anyim, wabara and co in PDP dominated executive/senate not to talk of a new regime vindictively installed to achieve mainly non igbo goals?. . An APC igbo senate presidency will only bring the igbo into the mainstream of a clandestinely formed gang of tribal oppressors whose over-reaching ambitions will in the long run elicite some backlash from the former eastern Nigeria. It will also provide a national face for a tribal party whose gorry foundations are rooted in tribal venom. The APC needs to find another fulani or another yoruba to be their rabble-rouser in the senate. The igbo should not carry the can for this infamous tribal coalition against the east in the senate. Defining the APC for what it is, a tribal coalition of petty/narrow minded men is essential if its demistification and eventual destruction is to be achieved quickly. We can do without the much vaunted senate presidency for the next four years. The negatives outweigh the gains.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by Maser: 5:56am On Apr 03, 2015
Another senseless write-up! I'm more Igbo than you but your inability to still see the mistakes of our people, having been blinded by hate and ethnicity makes me want to puke. You called the coalition APC a gang-up? When Ngige & Okorocha were screaming that you people embrace APC which would be the next big thing, Peter Obi was telling you that it was Yoruba and Boko Haram party, playing on your hate, tribalism and ignorance to give his APGA an edge, a party which funny enough he even eventually dumped. It was all for his selfish political gains. When it didn't suit him he jumped ship to PDP and ran to GEJ in Abuja for his own share of the proverbial national cake. Ndigbo ntorr nu! Malu nu ife. In my personal capacity, I tried to convince many ndigbo to go for APC but they felt I was stupid. What has PDP done for you since 99.
Though Ojukwu fought the war, he constantly spoke about 'a handshake across the Niger'. Igbos can't stand alone! You need to drop hate and love other Nigerians

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by IykeChukz(m): 5:57am On Apr 03, 2015
What a coincidence...

Had I know is now the case.

Yawning*****
Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by tunwumi: 6:06am On Apr 03, 2015
If you want to beg for senate presidency u should beg and not by sending hate msg.

If u can call back one of ur Senator u will have it but this is not a right tactics ask orubebe.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by ayuse(m): 6:18am On Apr 03, 2015
The easterners must wake up. They must know there is need to form aliance across d other geopolitical region and across party line. All d senate presidents who failed to improve their region did so bc of their selfishness. That position is big enough to help any region and I am sure Ngige if elected a senator would benefited is region with d position of senate president. Igbos should wake stop playing politics of hatred. Put d civil war behind u and forge aliance that will help ur region get to d presidency afterall u pple run to southwest and nothern region for livehoodness

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by Nobody: 6:18am On Apr 03, 2015
This people Just keep saying the north and the west voted buhari because we are tribalistic,
Has anyone take time to study the results The south south and east are the ones that voted with hate, imagine all the terrible numbers coming from those region.
Until you all stop playing the politics of hate, honestly that region will not produce anything, Gej blew your chances!
The west voted Jonathan even though he's not worth voting, (because of the bad record, corruption, insecurity et Al).
What's even good about the return of Gej, how has it benefit an average Igbo life!
Even the South south has moved on except Asari, that has no balls!
Keep creating hate thread to show people how clueless and backward thinking you're.

Anyways, this is a lesson for all political actors.

Like egift said in one omisore post "you can't eat your corn and have it"

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by Nobody: 6:19am On Apr 03, 2015
Maser:
Another senseless write-up! I'm more Igbo than you but your inability to still see the mistakes of our people, having been blinded by hate and ethnicity makes me want to puke. You called the coalition APC a gang-up? When Ngige & Okorocha were screaming that you people embrace APC which would be the next big thing, Peter Obi was telling you that it was Yoruba and Boko Haram party, playing on your hate, tribalism and ignorance to give his APGA an edge, a party which funny enough he even eventually dumped. It was all for his selfish political gains. When it didn't suit him he jumped ship to PDP and ran to GEJ in Abuja for his own share of the proverbial national cake. Ndigbo ntorr nu! Malu nu ife. In my personal capacity, I tried to convince many ndigbo to go for APC but they felt I was stupid. What has PDP done for you since 99.
Though Ojukwu fought the war, he constantly spoke about 'a handshake across the Niger'. Igbos can't stand alone! You need to drop hate and love other Nigerians

Nna God bless you for saying the truth. All the igbos I begged in my Area in abuja to vote buhari are now regretting. Right now, some are avoiding me like plague. I know that's shame. Peter obi is a bastard who betrayed nd igbo for selfish gain. He wants to be a minister, now where is jona? He should Bury his head in shame! Chris Ngige, a known wise and good man was rejected based on his party and not his personality. I am really not happy about this. Since a lot of them here on NL is still claiming they have no regrets,wetin person won do? You will see how massively the Yorubas and hausas will fix up thier indigenes soon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by Nobody: 6:21am On Apr 03, 2015
What did the previous Senate presidency do for the igbos? Last time I checked the yorubas were offered speaker of the HOR yet they turned it down, are they all dead now

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by Nobody: 6:23am On Apr 03, 2015
I thought after the elections, we would all embrace peace and act as if nothing ever happened, but I was wrong. The ibos are now giving every nigerian a reason or 2 to laugh at them even when they don't want to. Even the middle belt is smarter than you as they get to retain the senate president seat. Now you are whining that the seat has no benefit. Don't you know the amount of power that seat can negotiate for on behalf of the people that produced the occupant? Yes, someone like david mark failed to develop his region using that seat but he made them relevant now, ahead of the ibos who sank with an ijaw man's canoe. A single seat gives the occupant the power to gather followers which allow him to have enough numbers to win an election. Do you now see why the ibos are losing relevance?
Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by modath(f): 6:23am On Apr 03, 2015
@OP,
Since the thought of a Buhari presidency is so abhorrent to you and your ilks,I suggest you utilise the no visa entry to a neighbouring WA country and find your way to Europe or China cos unless its not the perfect will of God the people's general will rule you for 8yrs and then a SW partner in the gang-up will take over from him till 2031, then we will assess if you guys have learnt the errors in your ways and consider you for a VP position.
Bitterness is a slow poison.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by Nobody: 6:26am On Apr 03, 2015
chukwudi44:
What did the previous Senate presidency do for the igbos? Last time I checked the yorubas were offered speaker of the HOR yet they turned it down, are they all dead now
when an ibo man lacks a seat, he lacks power to build followership which affects the ability of his people to win elections. The seat brings a whole lot of development that doesn't meet the eye immediately.
Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 03, 2015
Another Igbo thread opened by a jobless Yoruba man who doesn't understand the thought process of an igbo man. For a typical Igbo man, election day is like a normal, regular day. Aftermath of the election doesn't affect him at all...I repeat at all. His socioeconomic upward mobility is what he thinks about vis-a-vis acquiring your father's house and making you a tenant.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by owobokiri(m): 6:43am On Apr 03, 2015
Maser:

You obviously lack not just the intellect for strategic planning, but also the patiece. If you are such a fan of Tinubus APC, you may need to ask yourself some basic questions; where were Tinubu and his APC in the past 4 years? Did Tinubu take up the speakership when it was zoned to the SW last time? Does the PDP as it is not provide for the SE, a much better, broader platform for an alliance with either the middle belt or the north? You talked about Ojukwus "handshake across te Niger", but you never told us of the response from the other side of the Niger. . You are just angry and I dont know why you have to inform me you are igbo. Anybody here can claim so. . To say that igbos were wrong for sticking with a ruling party instead of joining a loose opposition unsure of victory doesn't make sense.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by AmucheJane(f): 6:55am On Apr 03, 2015
All I can say is that, they should leave igbo people alone. We don't even care if they give us the senate or not, anyhow man must survive.
Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by egift(m): 6:58am On Apr 03, 2015
chukwudi44:

My brother stop trivializing the matter. While Ndigbo may not get the Senate Presidency, it still does not imply it would not have been a big plus for Ndigbo if we did.

As I always say, for Aligbo to develop, we must play politics strategically and that of collaboration. The idea of campaigning against people from other part of Nigeria as if the world will end tomorrow is not good.

I always avoid thread of ethnicity in this forum just not to be roped into web of the bitterness some spew here as if others are demonic.

Aligbo will be great ONLY if we learn to embrace others as brothers and fellow countrymen. "Respect is reciprocal"

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by ArodewilliamsT: 7:01am On Apr 03, 2015
owobokiri:
With the results of the last general elections now released, it is now obvious that the igbos voted massively in favour of the ruling PDP. This has led to a situation where there are no APC igbo senators in a federal legislature dominated by the APC. . There have been talks of giving the igbo the position of the senate president, but it is obvious that those pushing this idea are the same bunch whose only reason for being so anti Jonathan is because they felt he was too close to these 'obstinate' igbos. . The questions are; of what benefits will an igbo senate presidency be to the igbo in a senate dominated by totally non igbo APC senators? Knowing fully well that buharis presidency is nothing but a product of ethnic gang up between the SW and the North, how does putting an igbo face to this infamy help advance the igbo course? What are the benefits of Enwerems senate presidency to the igbo? Or that of Okadigbo, Anyim, wabara and co in PDP dominated executive/senate not to talk of a new regime vindictively installed to achieve mainly non igbo goals?. . An APC igbo senate presidency will only bring the igbo into the mainstream of a clandestinely formed gang of tribal oppressors whose over-reaching ambitions will in the long run elicite some backlash from the former eastern Nigeria. It will also provide a national face for a tribal party whose gorry foundations are rooted in tribal venom. The APC needs to find another fulani or another yoruba to be their rabble-rouser in the senate. The igbo should not carry the can for this infamous tribal coalition against the east in the senate. Defining the APC for what it is, a tribal coalition of petty/narrow minded men is essential if its demistification and eventual destruction is to be achieved quickly. We can do without the much vaunted senate presidency for the next four years. The negatives outweigh the gains.

I have always said it. We must ensure APC remains a Hausa-Yoruba party. We have that power. It will help make a case for future.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by Change2015(m): 11:51am On Apr 03, 2015
Maser:

My brother, thank you for saying this. What I don't understand is why there is so much bile against other Nigerians that seems to emanate from the east. Right now, I know many of my Northern friends are angry with all the names they have been called, with the propagation of the idea that they are illiterate and 'cows', and even some yoruba (gambari slave etc). How can Ndigbo hope to build cross-cultural ties when all this material is floating around the Internet etc. Or is it that they think these words don't have any impact? The real impact is a continued distrust and the the erosion of Ndigbo influence in Nigeria. Yoruba people have decided to sit and talk with the north like adults. They have worked out an alliance based on mutual respect and it has yielded fruit. Who exactly would the north or west have talked to in the East that could claim to represent the generality of Ndigbo opinion? Even the bible says deep calls unto deep...
I'm neither hausa yoruba or igbo, but the way I see the flow of invectives pains me and makes me wary. Perhaps I could be the next target? No other people in lagos claimed they were being denied pvc on a tribal basis. And yet we have every tribe of Nigeria in lagos, even a strong Ijaw presence? As for the massob/biafra discussion, I'm sorry but the vast majority of Nigerians accept that we are bound together and will only want to discuss our relations within the Nigerian structure. I am Nigerian 100% and reject any threat to our corporate existence in toto! Some will say whatever the situation Ndigbo will thrive on commerce, but we must all be patriotic and good citizens too, and that means we must be civil to one another, we must accept that we are all God's creation whatever our tribe tongue or location or cultural practices. How can a region that's boasts of its Christianity be so full of prejudice?
Anyway now APGA has sold its federal presence to pdp, and hopes for some scraps at regional level but what exactly does APGA stand for? What influence does it really have, especially since their adopted 'son' was president for 5yrs, what has been the dividend of such loyalty? Has Jonathan actually been a worthy investment? Even Ikembas personal assistant would probably have a better education, and presence than this Jonathan. Without his job would Jonathan ever have done something to attract public attention? Is he the vision of an Ndigbo hero? Can he even make a speech that will move a crowd? All these deficiencies of Jonathan, the rest of the country is asking, why can't Ndigbo see them.

#change
#GMB
#APC
#oneNigeria

1 Like

Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by Change2015(m): 12:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
owobokiri:

You obviously lack not just the intellect for strategic planning, but also the patiece. If you are such a fan of Tinubus APC, you may need to ask yourself some basic questions; where were Tinubu and his APC in the past 4 years? Did Tinubu take up the speakership when it was zoned to the SW last time? Does the PDP as it is not provide for the SE, a much better, broader platform for an alliance with either the middle belt or the north? You talked about Ojukwus "handshake across te Niger", but you never told us of the response from the other side of the Niger. . You are just angry and I dont know why you have to inform me you are igbo. Anybody here can claim so. . To say that igbos were wrong for sticking with a ruling party instead of joining a loose opposition unsure of victory doesn't make sense.

Surely you are a joker. The ACN as it was then, combined with rebel pdp to make Tambuwal speaker, so in a sense they were demonstrating real political power in the house. Tinubu could not take up the Speakers role because the pdp had a majority in the house and the person they wanted while being yoruba, was obviously not an ACN member or part of the real mainstream of yoruba politics. Like Koro, the person would have been used to destabilise the opposition and Tinubu fought and won that battle. Tinubu and his associates have endured and prevailed. It was logical that Tinubu and Buhari got into alliance because there is no similar force in the East to talk to. It is an alliance of mutual respect,because they both bring something useful to the table. Now they have the president and Senate and so much more is coming.

#change
#GMB
#APC
#oneNigeria

1 Like

Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by owobokiri(m): 10:20am On Apr 04, 2015
egift:

My brother stop trivializing the matter. While Ndigbo may not get the Senate Presidency, it still does not imply it would not have been a big plus for Ndigbo if we did.

As I always say, for Aligbo to develop, we must play politics strategically and that of collaboration. The idea of campaigning against people from other part of Nigeria as if the world will end tomorrow is not good.

I always avoid thread of ethnicity in this forum just not to be roped into web of the bitterness some spew here as if others are demonic.

Aligbo will be great ONLY if we learn to embrace others as brothers and fellow countrymen. "Respect is reciprocal"

One problem with your likes is that in your desperation to make some empty points, you whimsically stand hard facts on their heads. Who in igboland doesn't embrace others? This is the first time igboland is in the opposition yet it is those that vhave been playing lonely in opposition since independence that are now your strategic examples of "strategic collaborators". Let's start from independence: Zik collaborated with Sarduanas NPC. Fast forward to the second republic,Ekwueme teamed up with Shagari in an alliance that strategically sidelined Zik out of power. Third republic, easterners massively voted for Abiola against Tofa. But your likes will only prefer to rail against Nzeribes role in ABN, while disregarding millions of igbo votes for Abiola. When Obasanjo was used by the Generals to usurp power from Ekwueme, all igbo states still voted for Obasanjo! For two terms! It was the same case for Yaradua/Jonathan and jonathan/Sambo. . None of these tickets had igbos as aspirants, but they all got maximum igbo votes. Yet, according to your obnoxious rant above, it is the igbo that seldom embrace others as "brothers and fellow countrymen".

The questions you need to answer are; if not for parochial tribal reasons, why is it that since 1970, every "strategically" positive moves made by SE and even SS politicians to "collaborate" with the rest of the country are quickly rebuffed, especially in the SW? From NPN, NPP, through SDP, PDP, APGA and PPA?? Do you know that almost every easterner of note has contested for the presidency with no success ? Name them? Azikiwe, Ekwueme, okadigbo, okorocha, ukiwe, Iwuanyanwu, Nzeribe, Nwachukwu, Nwobodo, Nwodo, Ojukwu, Okongwu, Ben obi, Umezuoke, Idika Kalu, Orji Kalu etc, even south southerners like Etiebet, Duke, odili, Attah. All these men with their large followers, either led or were running mates in different prexsidential bids, mostly under sound party structures with solid allignments, yet made little traction within perculiar political blocks in Nigeria..

Let's be blunt with facts here; it is all tribal politic, stewpid. It all boils down to a cooked census figure manufactured to turn igbo into a minority. It is that FORCED minority status that has led to less states, less local governments, less polling booths, less federal representatives, less allocations and ofcourse less numbers to mount any serious opposition againt the diabolical antics of the remaining two major ethnic groups. . So don't take the high road by accusing me of sounding tribal, you are the one defending tribal politics here.
Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by cheruv: 10:39am On Apr 04, 2015
EggovinMma:

Nna God bless you for saying the truth. All the igbos I begged in my Area in abuja to vote buhari are now regretting. Right now, some are avoiding me like plague. I know that's shame. Peter obi is a bastard who betrayed nd igbo for selfish gain. He wants to be a minister, now where is jona? He should Bury his head in shame! Chris Ngige, a known wise and good man was rejected based on his party and not his personality. I am really not happy about this. Since a lot of them here on NL is still claiming they have no regrets,wetin person won do? You will see how massively the Yorubas and hausas will fix up thier indigenes soon.
nwanyi a sef! angry
enwerem,okadigbo,wabara,anyim and nnamani were Senate presidents,what did the SE gain from it
quit being emotional and be logical for once!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 04, 2015
cheruv:

nwanyi a sef! angry
enwerem,okadigbo,wabara,anyim and nnamani were Senate presidents,what did the SE gain from it

All the people you mentioned above are all greedy folks.Do they even like theirselves? undecided undecidedOnye obuna n'ezu ori ga balia ulu! Shame to all of them!
Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by cheruv: 11:01am On Apr 04, 2015
EggovinMma:

All the people you mentioned above are all greedy folks.Do they even like theirselves? undecided undecidedOnye obuna n'ezu ori ga balia ulu! Shame to all of them!
Nne,
we as Igbos placed our bets on Jonathan and lost but that's not the end of the world. even if we gained the Senate leadership, the person would be useless to us kos he'd ve to play to the dictates of APC or risk being impeached.
all we've to do now is to put the Igbo nation in order and prepare for battle.
the PDP just like the NCNC is a national party and just like the NCNC would be vehicle for the Igbo nation to start the reconquista

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by owobokiri(m): 11:30am On Apr 04, 2015
cheruv:

Nne,
we as Igbos placed our bets on Jonathan and lost but that's not the end of the world. even if we gained the Senate leadership, the person would be useless to us kos he'd ve to play to the dictates of APC or risk being impeached.
all we've to do now is to put the Igbo nation in order and prepare for battle.
the PDP just like the NCNC is a national party and just like the NCNC would be vehicle for the Igbo nation to start the reconquista

Õ nna gí mùrù gí
Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by Tvegas(m): 11:58am On Apr 04, 2015
The saddest outcome of this election is that Nigerians seems more divided than they were before ..........Just my observation. cry
Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by theV0ice: 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2015
chukwudi44:

Hmmmm.....
Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by Rose2014: 12:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
cheruv:

nwanyi a sef! angry
chukwudi44:

Gbam
It's not by having your people in power. Hausas that has been in power for how many years, what kind of masses has the region produced?

What has David Mark done for his people?

Can someone post the pic of that police station in David Mark's village pls

Abeg leave matter jare
Re: Igbo Should Forgo The Senate Presidency by cheruv: 12:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
owobokiri:

Õ nna gí mùrù gí
Dedem cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Ekelem naagara gi oo grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Advantages & Disadvantages Of Fuel Scarcity / Photo And Video Of The Fight In Benue HOA Today / FG Declares War On Cattle Rustlers, Bandits In The North West/central

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.