Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,579 members, 7,823,512 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... (6420 Views)

Nathaniel Bassey's Hallelujah Challenge Featured On CNN / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Rilwayne001: 7:46am On Apr 03, 2015
Islam, the world's fastest-growing faith, will leap from 1.6 billion to 2.76 billion by 2050, according to the Pew study.

Study collected data from 234 countries and territories; predicts fate of five major faiths -- Buddhism, Christianity,Hinduism, Judaism and Islam -- as well as folk religions and atheists.

(CNN)— If tech futurists are to be believed, by the year
2050, robots will do many of our errands and drive our cars. If a new study on religious trends is to be believed, many of those robot-controlled cars will stop and park at mosques and churches.

Yes, despite predictions that religion will go the way of
dinosaurs, the size of almost every major faith -- sorry,Buddhists -- will increase in the next 40 years, according to a study released Thursday by the Pew Research Center.

The biggest winners, Pew predicts, will be Islam and Christianity.

But it's clear from the 245-page report that Pew and the demographic experts they consulted did their homework, so the study is worth taking seriously. With that in mind, here are some of the study's top findings about what the world will look like -- at least, faith- wise -- in 2050.

-- Atheists, agnostics and religiously unaffiliated people will increase in the United States (from 16% to 26%) but decline as a share of the total worldwide population.

-- Also in the United States, Christians will drop from 75% to 66% of population. Muslims will surpass Jews as the largest non-Christian religion in the U.S.

-- Sub-Saharan African will be home to 40% of the Christian population and Nigeria have more Christians than any other country except for the United States and Brazil.

-- India will have the largest Muslim population in the world, passing Indonesia, but Hindus will retain a majority.

-- More than 10% of Europeans will be Muslim, while the number of Christians in Europe will drop by 100 million.

-- Hinduism (1.4 billion adherents) and Judaism (16 million) will increase, while Buddhists will be about the same size as in 2010 (5.2 million).

-- In the coming decades, 106 million people are projected to leave Christianity. (46 million will convert to Christianity, offsetting the losses a little.)

-- The number of countries with Christian majorities will drop to 151, as Christians are projected to decrease in Australia,Benin, Bosnia-Herzegovina, France, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the Republic of Macedonia and the United Kingdom.

-- Muslims are expected to make up more than 50% of the population in 51 countries, including the Republic of Macedonia and Nigeria.

http://www.edition.cnn.com/2015/04/02/living/pew-study-religion/index.html

1 Like

Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by nzeobi(m): 7:54am On Apr 03, 2015
Isis and their likes would have reduced the population by then

8 Likes

Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 03, 2015
why won't they be larger when they keep on killing non-muslims a.k.a CHRISTIANS! angry

trouble makers.

4 Likes

Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Pavore9: 8:15am On Apr 03, 2015
lslam growth is hinged on polygamy where a man can have up to 21 kids from his wives, with d murder spree going on in d Arab world where they are killing themselves in d name of the same Allah they want us to believe is the most merciful...an irony!

5 Likes

Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Rilwayne001: 8:18am On Apr 03, 2015
EroticAngelina:
why won't they be larger when they keep on killing non-muslims a.k.a CHRISTIANS! angry

trouble makers.

Stop generalizing.

The popolution of radical muslim worldwide is not up to 10%, and definitely they will go into oblivion.
Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Ifeann(f): 8:19am On Apr 03, 2015
with the chaos in Yemen afgan Pakistan syria iraq eqypt libya etc and the frequent attacks and murder of shi'a by sunnis and vice versa and the shi'a Iranians developing a nuclear bomb and saudi monarchy becoming more westernized to the disgust of the orthodox wahabbis who have longed to revolt..it is inevitable that muslims will keep murdering each other..

and with the Internet becoming ever more prevalent and Mohammeds deeds getting exposed, more people will renounce islam. pew makes predictions when they make forecasts. .they dont consider all variables that cause change.

pew is a very credible institution and i have quoted them before showing their statistics of how 6 million muslims renounce islam every year in africa. its funny how u quote them now while ur fellow muslims attacked them when i quoted their research.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□

Death in the cause of Allah's will is encouraged, supported and promoted
as well as fully endorsed in Islam. No muslim can refute this, if (s)he
does this then (s)he contradicts and disowns the quran.
Let's look at some quran verses and one or two narratives from the
hadiths, sahih muslim and sahih burhari, 2 of the most respected and
authenticated sources in Islam.
The Qur'an:
Qur'an (4:74)-"Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of
this world for the other. Whoso FIGHTETH IN THE WAY OF Allah, BE HE
SLAIN or be he victorious, on him WE SHALL BESTOW A VAST REWARD"
Qur'an (9:111)-"Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and
their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they
fight in His cause, AND SLAY AND ARE SLAIN: a promise binding on Him
in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the
Qur'an: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? then
rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement
supreme."
Qur'an (2:207)-"And there is the type of man who GIVES HIS LIFE to
earn the pleasure of Allah..."
Qur'an (61:10-12)"O ye who believe! Shall I lead you to a bargain that
will save you from a grievous Penalty? That ye believe in Allah and His
Messenger, and that ye strive (your utmost) in the Cause of Allah, with
your property and your persons: That will be best for you, if ye but
knew! He will forgive you your sins, and admit you to Gardens beneath
which Rivers flow, and to beautiful mansions in Gardens of Eternity:
that is indeed the Supreme Achievement."
This verse was given at the battle Uhud and uses the Arabic word, Jihad.
The dark-eyed virgins are mentioned in several places as well, including
verses 44:54 and 52:20.
For those who swing the other way, there are"perpetual
youth"verse6:17, otherwise known as"boys"verses52:24and76:19.
Qur'an (17:33)"And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden,
EXCEPT BY RIGHT"
An important verse that is used by Muslims to not only justify their own
deaths, but that of other bystanders who might be believers as well.
Like we saw 2days ago when the Muslims in Paris killed a muslim police
officer in their quest to avenge their prophet. The end justifies the
means, with the goal being the defeat of the kafir, their submission and
finally the establishment of Islamic rule.
Qur'an 3:151
Soon shall we cast TERROR into the hearts of the unbelievers, for that
they joined companion with Allah...
Mohammed was the original terrorist.
Qur'an 8:89
And fight with them until there is no more filna(disorder, unbelief) and
religion should be only for Allah
This is just a little taste of the evil commands in the quran which
encourages persecutions, intolerance and prejudice.
Now From the Hadith:
Bukhari (52:54)- The words of Muhammad:"I would love to be martyred
in Allah's Cause and then get resurrected and then get martyred, and
then get resurrected again and then get martyred and then get
resurrected again and then get martyred." This is why modern-day
Jihadists often say that they love death.
Muslim (20:4678) - During the battle of Uhud, Muhammad was desperate
to push men into battle. He promised paradise for those who would
martyr themselves, prompting a young man who was eating dates to
throw them away and rush to his death.
Muslim (20:4655) - A man asks Muhammad "which of men is the best?"
Muhammad replies that it is the man who is always ready for battle and
flies into it "seeking death at places where it can be
expected." (Tellingly perhaps, the next most saintly man in Islam is the
hermit who lives in isolation "sparing men from his mischief."
Muslim (20:4681) - "Surely, the gates of Paradise are under the
shadows of the swords." After hearing Muhammad say that martyrdom
leads to paradise, a young man pulls his sword and breaks the sheath
(indicating that he has no intention of returning) then flings himself
into battle until he is killed.
Muslim (20.4635) - "Nobody who enters Paradise will (ever like to)
return to this world even if he were offered everything on the surface
of the earth (as an inducement) except the martyr who will desire to
return to this world and be killed ten times for the sake of the great
honour that has been bestowed upon him."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by johnydon22(m): 8:19am On Apr 03, 2015
Be sure to keep books away from the young ones, because they will turn rationalistic if you dont. grin

Islam have been doing this for years now and be beheading the ones that questions their beliefs. thats why you see most behaving like cows..

2050? religions will increase? lmao... tell us another joke.. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Rilwayne001: 8:19am On Apr 03, 2015
Pavore9:
lslam growth is hinged on polygamy where a man can have up to 21 kids from his wives, with d murder spree going on in d Arab world where they are killing themselves in d name of the same Allah they want us to believe is the most merciful...an irony!

angry
Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Rilwayne001: 8:21am On Apr 03, 2015
johnydon22:
Be sure to keep books away from the young ones, because they will turn rationalistic if you dont. grin

Islam have been doing this for years now and be beheading the ones that questions their beliefs. thats why you see most behaving like cows..

No a joke undecided
Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 03, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Stop generalizing.

The popolution of radical muslim worldwide is not up to 10%, and definitely they will go into oblivion.
of course, u are quick to come to the defense of ur fellow Muslims. the fact that some of Muslims(small or big) kill non-muslims says a lot about ur religion. sometimes we have to generalize ok. so keep ur advice to urself pls.

3 Likes

Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Ifeann(f): 8:32am On Apr 03, 2015
johnydon22:

Johnny have u heard of the theory of natural selection. ..as an atheist i know u have..

muslims have been beheading any smart muslim that asks questions or is intelligent enough to see the scam called Mohammed for what he is.. this has greatly decimated the gene pool of smart muslims.. the majority of muslims are a little more than wild donkeys because the gene pool is filled up with stu.pid islamist genes replicating each other..

unfortunately johnny the islamic population is spreading , i have seen other research that says the same.. polygamy has ensured that the world does not run out of muslims, eg the recently deceased saudi king had married 30 wives during his life , your new president was the 23 child of his father...and he himself has 10 children which is very conservative for a nigerian muslim.
muslims will out populate christains in nigeria in the future.. sad but very probable.

2 Likes

Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Rilwayne001: 8:33am On Apr 03, 2015
EroticAngelina:

of course, u are quick to come to the defense of ur fellow Muslims. the fact that some of Muslims(small or big) kill non-muslims says a lot about ur religion.
Can we apply the bolded to xtianity as well?

sometimes we have to generalize ok. so keep ur advice to urself pls.

You are entitled to you opinion.

Next.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Rilwayne001: 8:35am On Apr 03, 2015
Ifeann:

Johnny have u heard of the theory of natural selection. ..as an atheist i know u have..

muslims have been beheading any smart muslim that asks questions or is intelligent enough to see the scam called Mohammed for what he is.. this has greatly decimated the gene pool of smart muslims.. the majority of muslims are a little more than wild donkeys because the gene pool is filled up with stu.pid islamist genes replicating each other..

unfortunately johnny the islamic population is spreading , i have seen other research that says the same.. polygamy has ensured that the world does not run out of muslims, eg the recently deceased saudi king had married 30 wives during his life , your new president was the 23 child of his father...and he himself has 10 children which is very conservative for a nigerian muslim.
muslims will out populate christains in nigeria in the future.. sad but very probable.

I feel your pain grin grin grin
Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 03, 2015
D same foolish people dat said naija gonna break up dis year undecided
Lol, I laugh at ya f*oolishness. A mad man won't even argue wif ya on dis cos its so fake as fake.
Iran fighting saudi
Syria tearing demselves apart
Yemen killing each oda
Libya killing demselves
Sunni murdering shia cum vice versa
See how low ya wisdom is, pls go for a re-fill!
Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by onetrack(m): 8:36am On Apr 03, 2015
-- Atheists, agnostics and religiously unaffiliated people will increase in the United States (from 16% to 26%) but decline as a share of the total worldwide population.

Challenge accepted! grin

This report is an educated guess, not a crystal ball. I see this as an opportunity to change the course of history by proving them wrong. The non-religious portion of the population will continue to grow as long as we have internet, and as long as access to education increases.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by kay1one(m): 8:38am On Apr 03, 2015
So also is crime and evil on the increase. End time ills!
Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Timoleon(m): 8:38am On Apr 03, 2015
johnydon22:

baffles me too, at the speed at which people are finding contradictory materials and realities, rationalism will continue to take hold of the youths and as such, many more will continue to move away from religion not move to religion.
Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by johnydon22(m): 8:50am On Apr 03, 2015
Ifeann:

Quite true, they can only do this by murdering the rational ones, breeding children like dogs and a show of extreme intolerance to the ones who wants to question their beliefs..

Fundamental human rights are sacrificed at the altar of islamization.
Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Pavore9: 10:19am On Apr 03, 2015
Rilwayne001:

angry

ls there any lie in my statement?
Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Rilwayne001: 10:21am On Apr 03, 2015
Pavore9:

ls there any lie in my statement?

Yes
Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Pavore9: 10:31am On Apr 03, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Yes

Then enlighten me.
Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 03, 2015
Well when you get a death sentence for leaving what do you expect?

(CNN)— If tech futurists are to be believed, by the year
2050, robots will do many of our errands and drive our cars. If a new study on religious trends is to be believed, many of those robot-controlled cars will stop and park at mosques and churches.
Lol, if the Muslim population dominates, I'm pretty sure we'll be back on camels in 2k50.
The only flying done will be into buildings.
Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Rilwayne001: 10:35am On Apr 03, 2015
Pavore9:

Then enlighten me.

I will not be the one to do that, you should seek for knowledge and stop being ignorant.
Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Ifeann(f): 10:41am On Apr 03, 2015
DProDG:

Lol, if the Muslim population dominates, I'm pretty sure we'll be back on camels in 2k50.
The only flying done will be into buildings.

lol....this joke was epic
Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Pavore9: 10:55am On Apr 03, 2015
Rilwayne001:

I will not be the one to do that, you should seek for knowledge and stop being ignorant.

Being ignorant? l posted my opinion which you refute and being open minded l gave you an opportunity to state your view and you ended up being arrogant! Then l have every right to stick to my earlier opinion, polygamy is giving moslems the numbers not conversions. Should moslems practice monogamy and with the killing spree going on amongst your folks only God knows how many will be left in the next 50 years! cheesy

1 Like

Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Rilwayne001: 11:08am On Apr 03, 2015
Pavore9:

Being ignorant? l posted my opinion which you refute and being open minded l gave you an opportunity to state your view and you ended up being arrogant!

Sorry if it appears to you that I am arrogant, but I am actually not.

Then l have every right to stick to my earlier opinion,
You are entitled to it.

polygamy is giving moslems the numbers not conversions.

But if polygamy is truly the one giving muslims number, how come muslim dominated countries are not in the first 5 most populated countries?

China is the world most populated country with over 1.3billion population, are they muslim country? do they practise polygamy? what gave them the numbers?

Should moslems practice monogamy

Muslims do practice monogamy. polygamy is only allowed for those who have the capacity to take care of it.

and with the killing spree going on amongst your folks only God knows how many will be left in the next 50 years! cheesy

Okay
Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 03, 2015
Ifeann:
lol....this joke was epic
It's sad 'cause it's not a joke lipsrsealed cry
Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Pavore9: 11:15am On Apr 03, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Sorry if it appears to you that I am arrogant, but I am actually not.

You are entitled to it.

But if polygamy is truly the one giving muslims number, how come muslim dominated countries are not in the first 5 most populated countries?

China is the world most populated country with over 1.3billion population, are they muslim country? do they practise polygamy? what gave them the numbers?

Muslims do practice monogamy. polygamy is only allowed for those who have the capacity to take care of it.

Okay

l agree with you, we are all entitled to our opinion, have a nice weekend.
Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 03, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Birth rate and population growth rather than current population should be in question.

Most of the countries with the hightest birth rates are Muslim dominated
http://www.statista.com/statistics/262884/countries-with-the-highest-fertility-rates/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population_growth_rate
Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by paulGrundy(m): 11:42am On Apr 03, 2015
Rilwayne001:

No a joke undecided

The population of Countries that are predominantly muslims and forbid the practice of other religions were summed up and calculated as muslims. E.g iran, iraq, some asian and african countries. Even though a small significant portion of their population are christains. Some were forcefully converted into islam, e.g isis. You and I know that conversion to islam is by birth and force. If christains statistics were calculated via that means (by birth/country) christainity would have been the fastest growing and also the worlds largest religion.
Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by Empiree: 12:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
Yea, i read this last night. Terrorists and their masters planner writing scripts can do whatever.

But they plan and God also plan. God's plan shall prevail. Let's keep finger cross. Allah is our maula.

1 Like

Re: CNN - The World's Fastest-growing Religion Is ... by true2god: 5:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
If you want to eat free mallam suya, just say 'sai baba' or 'sai buhari'.

If americans wants cheap saudi oil all they need say 'Islam is a religion of peace'.

If an american president want free saudi oil well\money all he need say is 'there is no future for anyone that blaspheme the prophet of Islam'.

If any MSM wants free arab oil momey all they need report is 'Islam is the fastest growing religion', 'Islam will rule the world by 2100', 'mohammed is the greatest prophet', 'muslim terrorist are not real muslims', 'Islam forbid killing of the innocents', 'poverty is the cause of Islamic terrorism', 'america is the cause of Islamic terror', 'mohammed is too mericful', and any other lies the muslims\saudis wanna hear from the global media.

Muslims like their ego, and that of their propeht, inflated. They always feel good when you tell them something good about Islam and their rascist and pedophilee prophet. Any media that write anything the muslims dont wanna hear about Islam and their prophet, they go crazy, killing and rioting.

World fastest growing religion indeed, when muslims are killing each other in yemen, syria, iraq, pakistan, somalia, afghanistan, bangladesh, egypt, libya, gaza, bahrain etc.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MAGNIFICENT: The New RCCG 12 Million Capacity Auditorium (photo) / The Sad Atheist! His Sad Assignment! / Which Part Of Your Christian Life Do You Need To Improve This Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.