Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

He Is Really A Goodluck To Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / He Is Really A Goodluck To Nigeria! (309 Views)

Why ”they” Want Goodluck To Leave By Any Means Necessary / The Squandering Of A Goodluck, By Louis Odion / Breaking: From Goodluck To Bad Luck Cds By Fr Mbaka Hits Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

He Is Really A Goodluck To Nigeria! by sleekpro(m): 7:57am On Apr 03, 2015
THE MAN AFTER GODs HART
The morning after the official declaration of results by INEC for Nigeria's 2015 presidential election, I arose from my bed with mixed feelings. The sitting president had just lost and in display of rare magnanimity had conceeded defeat. He even went on record as the first to formally congratulate the victor.
I was sad because Nigerians had rejected a man I personally believe had a vision for a new Nigeria. He had assumed stewardship of the ship of state after the demise of his boss. The powers that be never wanted him to take up the mantle and did all in their power to stop him, they failed.
But they never gave up. He was a threat to the status quo, a game changer, an ill wind that blew them no good. They need Nigeria to remain the same. But he challenged them as best as he could. For 6 years Jonathan battled the guardians of the status quo, they were too powerful. In the end their master stroke was the twin blade of sponsored insurgency, and powerful propaganda. They quickly and surely turned the voice of the people against him. In the end, the guardians of the status quo won! Or did they?
As I pondered about Jonathan and his travails as Nigeria's out going president, my subconscious came alive with spirited thoughts that could only have been dropped into me by divinity and the immortal story of how the Jews were blindly persuaded to have the messiah crucified came to the fore of my heart. An excerpt of the story below:
And they had then a notable prisoner, called Barabbas. [17] Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ? [18] For he knew that for envy they had delivered him.
But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitude that they should ask Barabbas, and destroy Jesus. [21] The governor answered and said unto them, Whether of the twain will ye that I release unto you? They said, Barabbas.
Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified. [23] And the governor said, Why, what evil hath he done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let him be crucified.
Instructive for our times, wouldn't you say? They thought they were getting rid of Jesus, but they were inadvertently making him immortal. Jesus was crucified according to the wish of the people who were strongly but wrongly persuaded to demand it. But the story didn't end as they thought it would. Jesus died and resurrected to the Glory of God and mankind.
Clearly Jonathan is not Jesus Christ, he has never claimed to be. That being said, Nigerians thought they were getting rid of Jonathan but they have just made him immortal in our hearts. Setting him up now for a higher pedestal of service no longer to Nigeria alone,but now to Africa and the world. I see the African Union, the Commonwealth, and the United nations coming to him to champion an international cause that only men of his calibre can be made to assume. He has won a greater victory not only for himself but for our nation Nigeria. He has just ascended into the league of true statesmen.
The social media space that was used to lay siege on his person is now awash with endless praise to him, the praise to his conduct and courageous display of honour even in the face of defeat has somwhat overshadowed the victor's victory parade. Accolades continue to pour in. Now same Nigerians that rejected him are calling him names like...
True hero,
African Statesman,
Father of Nigeria's democracy,
Nigeria's own Mandela,
Some say he deserves the Nobel peace prize for peace.
Hmmm, I say again, very instructive for our times.
I REMAIN, AN UNREPENTANT NIGERIAN AND I SALUTE THE FATHER OF TRUE DEMOCRACY IN NIGERIA, DR GOODLUCK EBELE AZIKIWE JONATHAN (GCFR) #krossparker#

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

There Is A War Against Wikipedia / Kindly Join Nigeria Youth Movement / Buhari Tells Igbo:forgive Akiolu And Move On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.