Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,305 members, 7,826,204 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles (17819 Views)

Videos: The Five Various Types Of Free-kick Scored By Lionel Messi In His Career / WC Q 2018: $10,000 For Every Unreplied Goal Scored By Super Eagles / Even With 3 Moses In The Super Eagles: Hilarious Reaction About Loss To Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by xtervaganza(m): 9:05am On Apr 04, 2015
Herald47:
it's against italy and not spain

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by slap1(m): 9:10am On Apr 04, 2015
Recently, it's Ahmed Musa's goals versus Argentina.
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by 30secs(m): 9:10am On Apr 04, 2015
Darniel07:
Sunday NBA's goal against ivory coast
Sunday MLS ni grin

1 Like

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by dericardos88: 9:12am On Apr 04, 2015
Kanu Atlanta goal against Dida of Brazil

1 Like

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by ibrhyme77(m): 9:15am On Apr 04, 2015
I don't know if anyone can remember the goal scored by Rashid Yekini against Zambia at Algiers90. It was a semi-final match,the goal was assisted by Friday Elaho, one of the best winger Nigeria ever had.It was a counter-attacking move by SE,Elaho crossed the ball from the left wing and Yekini without controlling the ball smacked it in,in full flight. The keeper just looked right and left and bingo the ball was in the net, he just stood transfixed in a spot.It was the second goal and wrapped up the game for us after uche okechucwu had given us the lead from a corner kick.
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by femi4: 9:15am On Apr 04, 2015
France 98 Nig vs Spain winning goal by Sunday Oliseh......that goal na "Kill them all"
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by SailorXY: 9:17am On Apr 04, 2015
neoapocalypse:
Yekini's strike against Egypt in Tunisia 94 would have been the best goal ever from Nigeria if it hadn't hit the crossbar.

A magical pass from Jay jay to Yekini was all Yekini needed , he made 3 touches without the ball hitting the ground , controlled down with the chest , down to his knee and WOZA!!! a blinding shot. The ball hit the crossbar and shook it seriously , the keeper was awed by the power in the shot , it was also from like 25 yards out
waoh can you get a YouTube link?
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 04, 2015
ednut1:
jay jay in the nations cup final 2000. bt d recent AYC final. dat goal against senegal. is d best eva goal by a nigerian

Senegal abi Cameroon

1 Like

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by tall2ce(m): 9:19am On Apr 04, 2015
Nosa igiebor 45yards volley in a friendly match against Venezuela in November 2012

1 Like

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 04, 2015
ak4God:
Goals by Rashidi Yekini from the corner side .

He scored a number of goals from the corner. I have often marveled at the initiative and skills.

1 Like

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Babzrockman: 9:21am On Apr 04, 2015
Obafemi Martins goal against Kenya in Nairobi
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by femi4: 9:22am On Apr 04, 2015
dericardos88:
Kanu Atlanta goal against Dida of Brazil
Na so una dey fail. That squad was named "Dream Team" not super Eagles
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Ausra(f): 9:30am On Apr 04, 2015
Today is my birthday and I just turned 24hrs
And it's not by my power but by the grace of the Almighty today I'm very happy and for that I want to thank the Almighty for my live and show my appreciation by sending free data to all my fellow nairalanders at least you can make free calls and browse with it and may the Almighty bless the owner of this site and also bless Nigerians I like Nigerians and I'm happy to live among the Nigerian people

You can reach me on whatsapp and wish me happy birthday and I will send you a free data

Everyone is welcome
Love ya'll

1 Like

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by CzarChris(m): 9:30am On Apr 04, 2015
I think it was the second goal at the USA 94 World cup. It was Nigeria's 3-0 win over Bulgaria. Amuneke's flying header. It was just a classic.

1 Like

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by ednut1(m): 9:32am On Apr 04, 2015
Saklekplus:

Senegal abi Cameroon
AYC final last month. 1-0 nig vs Senegal
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by swopeal(m): 9:37am On Apr 04, 2015
ednut1:
jay jay in the nations cup final 2000. bt d recent AYC final. dat goal against senegal. is d best eva goal by a nigerian
your head dey dere
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by starlingbawa(m): 9:42am On Apr 04, 2015
For me, it's got to be Rashidi Yekini's BLINDING Free kick Goal against the AZINGO NATIONALE of Gabon in a (3-0) Super Eagles win during the group stage at AFCON 94.

What a SCORCHER!!!!
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 04, 2015
SailorXY:

waoh can you get a YouTube link?

Will search for it now

1 Like

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by starlingbawa(m): 9:51am On Apr 04, 2015
bastien:
Lol she is new to the game

Aabsolutely!!!

These ones never saw the class of 94 (YEKINI, KESHI, AMUNEKE et al) play live!!!
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Dhulqarnain(m): 9:51am On Apr 04, 2015
Oliseh's screamer at France '98 against Spain.
The commentator screamed "oh my worrrllld".
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 04, 2015
Samson Siasia's long range goal against Zubizareta.I think its France 98 (Not a foot ball fan) but I know the lovers of the game will recollect the game and the goal!
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by naptu2: 10:06am On Apr 04, 2015
axeman10:

Those two goals top it for me. For the first one...you didn't mention how Siasia controlled and brought the ball down calmly in the air from a Keshi long pass from the defence. That was really sweet!

Okwaraji's 1st minute goal against Cameroun was also fantastic.

Siasia's goal against Argentina, Amokachi and Finidi's against Greece, Kanu's 2goals against Brazil at Atlanta, Oliseh's screamer against Spain in France 98, then Amuneke's header against Bulgaria at USA 94.

So many beautiful goals to freshen the mind.

Lastly, an icing on the cake...Nigeria's goal against Tunisia to qualify us for our first world cup. That was a top class Finidi goal.

The goals that were not to be : Yekini's volley against Egypt at Tunisia 94 and his scissors kick against Spain at France 98. Sweet memories!

I'm still searching for clips of those goals. I remember them like it was yesterday.

I can only find clips of the Maroc '88 final (also against Cameroon), but if I remember correctly, Okwaraji's goal was in a group game.

Below is a clip of the game against South Africa.

National Stadium, Surulere. October 1992.
Nigeria 4 (Yekini [2], Siasia, Owobokiri) - 0 South Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVSRpg9oWX8

1 Like

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by deaborfaty(m): 10:07am On Apr 04, 2015
Obafemi akinwunmi martins goal against the republic of ireland 2005 int'l friendly in london

1 Like

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by zoomzoom1(m): 10:23am On Apr 04, 2015
For me, i think Benedict Iroha and Yekini"s goal at Tunisia 94 (Nigeria vs Cote de ivoire).... the build up and finishing is first class.
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Tonniext(m): 10:33am On Apr 04, 2015
Emmanuel Amunike goal against Argentina in Atlanta 1996 (Olympics)
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 04, 2015
una too selfish.. Mitchew joseph yobe lol at last world cup that earned us a plane ticket back home. Imao what a captain.
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by seankay(m): 10:47am On Apr 04, 2015
deaborfaty:
Obafemi akinwunmi martins goal against the republic of ireland 2005 int'l friendly in london
I remember dat goal, 2004 Unity Cup
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by ritababe(f): 10:54am On Apr 04, 2015
nonjebose:
Okwaraji's thunderbolt strike against cameroun at 1988 ANC

na wa for u, them never born me wey u start to dey watch match oh

1 Like

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by goodgood2(m): 10:56am On Apr 04, 2015
Austin Okocha's screamer against Tunisia in the group stage of Afcon 2000 jointly hosted by Nigeria and Ghana. It was a goal from distance and out of nothing. The Tunisia keeper didn't see the ball going in; he only saw it coming out of the net.
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by seangy4konji: 10:56am On Apr 04, 2015
Bro i need you in computing section...
bigt2:
Obafemi Martins goal against Tanzania. He actually scored but was tackled roughly and they were penalised. He stood as if he'll use his left leg to shoot the ball but he used the right leg - sending the keeper the wrong direction grin cheesy
Also agahowa, and nwankwo's goals coupled with odemwingie's are intriguing cool
Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by skondo(m): 10:56am On Apr 04, 2015
Emannuel amunike goal 94 nation cup final

1 Like

Re: Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles by lovely17(m): 10:58am On Apr 04, 2015
hmmmmm mine will be ahmed musa equaliser against Argentina 2014 world cup

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Marathon: Ethiopians Dislodge Kenyans As Winners Of Top Prizes / Zico: "Lionel Messi Can't Be Compared To Maradona Or Pele" / English Fixed Draws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.