Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps (36271 Views)

#edodecides 2016 Elections In Maps / Three Reasons Nigeria's Elections Next Week Could Turn Violent! / All Elections In Nigeria Were Rigged Since 1960 - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by babestella: 1:55pm On Apr 04, 2015
Owliver:
there are many reasons sire but when listing the major ones tribalsm and religion will be there. If buhari fails(which I don't pray for) in this first four years the northerners will still give him millions of votes as usual. Trust me

You are correct. What the north primarily wants us power, even if buhari fails after 4 years they will still give him even more votes. Then if we have to vote based on performance it will be an alliance between SW/SS/SE and even at that it's going to be a little difficult if we don't have the middle belt in the game because the north will always want to do their 8 years. So SW needs to build a bond of reconciliation with SS/SE & middle belt so that if buhari does not deliver we can vote him out since we are now all looking for performance, without this we may not be able to remove buhari if he doesn't perform.
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by Strongfaze(m): 1:59pm On Apr 04, 2015
Nice graphics bro. It shows the result at a glance.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Suswam happened to Benue.

Infact....I suspected PDP might do badly in Benue thanks to the mismanagement of the state over the past 8 years....but even then I thought it might be a narrow PDP victory.

Looks like I, and many other armchair analysts were wrong.....

Benue is a good example of how under-performance can devastate a party's chances. Five months salaries delayed...in a state where civil servants and their dependents form the majority of the voting public is not good.

I agree with you on this to some extent. The key word here is performance. In Osun state for instance,workers salaries have not been paid for some months now yet,they voted for APC. This was so because they could clearly see what the Governor had done with previous allocations. And this is why I strongly believe that Jonathan lost this election not because he is a christian or Ijawman, but because his performance is rated poor by most Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by Owliver(m): 2:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
babestella:

You are correct. What the north primarily wants us power, even if buhari fails after 4 years they will still give him even more votes. Then if we have to vote based on performance it will be an alliance between SW/SS/SE and even at that it's going to be a little difficult if we don't have the middle belt in the game because the north will always want to do their 8 years. So SW needs to build a bond of reconciliation with SS/SE & middle belt so that if buhari does not deliver we can vote him out since we are now all looking for performance, without this we may not be able to remove buhari if he doesn't perform.
the only way to do that is if PDP fields a northerner next four years, this would share the vote in the north to two and am sure the SE and SS will still vote PDP. Now the issue is for many people to come out and vote instead of the normal "my votes don't count" chant of a regular southerner. 4years is not far. We'll be watching
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by Owliver(m): 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
OROSUNBOLB:

[/b]
I agree with you on this to some extent. The key word here is performance. In Osun state for instance,workers salaries have not been paid for some months now yet,they voted for APC. This was so because they could clearly see what the Governor had done with previous allocations. And this is why I strongly believe that Jonathan lost this election not because he is a christian or Ijawman, but because his performance is rated poor by most Nigerians.

Performance mostly works in South west and north central. Particularly the south-west whom are not too much of bigots. But NE, NW, SS and SE forget it. Its mostly base on tribe and religion. Explain to me how PDP won most of Edo except Auchi? In an APC state where oshiomole tried, or tell me why PDP won Taraba?. facts is staring in our faces
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by Obijulius: 2:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
Well Spoken.

That's why they will do anything to retain power and the Yorubas will remain their slaves forever. Second class citizens.

calebo101:
[b]They all voted along religious and ethnic choices.

One Nigeria is a very big joke. See how that small Niger Delta produces the wealth that feeds the nation shocked shocked and that same region consists of the hardest working region in Nigeria,The Igbos smiley. Now i see why the other regions can't do without Niger Delta and the East. As dem big reach dem nor fit feed themselves cheesy.

Niger Delta and Biafra wake up, form a merger and demand your sovereignty. Those parasites up there will never let you go because you feed their lazy asses. If they had what you have they would have chased you away since time immemorial. Form a merger and sail away ooooooo smiley. Can't wait to see Niger Delta become Dubai then we be issuing tourist visas to our neighbors.. (AREWA CALIPHATE and their stooge, AFENIFERE grin grin).

We can even lobby a section of the middlebet for economic reasons as well and become a big federation on our own. Niger Delta/Biafra it's time to act oooo, those vampires up there will suffocate us. Chai, no wonder na the North shout One Nigeria pass, because they bring nothing to the table. (FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF DELTA BIAFRA grin grin grin)
[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by bayplus: 2:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
Taylor86:
wonder y dis northerners are so populated like dis, shekau have to put more effort this time, it seems d dead ones are rising again
I have never seen a man inviting the wrath of God on his race. Whichever area of the country you come from, your quoted statement could invoke rapture on your entire last 3 generations. Beware of what you say to others lest God will visit with your family with more catastrophic calamitous calamity.

But I pray you repent and desist from this unguarded utterances for your own sake and that of innocent others who will most likely share in your misfortunes. By pointing one finger to someone, the other four fingers are innyour direction.
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by babestella: 2:05pm On Apr 04, 2015
all4gud:
I now believe that it was a gang up. Nigeria should be divided base on this.

Sure it was a gang up and I suspect OBJs hand in this. There might be trouble if we don't adopt a standard power rotation template soon. That has been discussed at the national conference, APC was absent in that conference.
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by all4gud(m): 2:12pm On Apr 04, 2015
babestella:

Sure it was a gang up and I suspect OBJs hand in this. There might be trouble if we don't adopt a standard power rotation template soon. That has been discussed at the national conference, APC was absent in that conference.
g

Are you sure the conference recommendations will be implemented?
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by publicenemy(m): 2:15pm On Apr 04, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Then how do you explain the follwing states...

Benue, Kogi and Kwara?

Benue that is over 90% Christian went for APC.

Kogi...with a sizeable Christian population went for APC.

Even Kaduna fell to APC....when in the good old days of 2007....it had a hard core of PDP supporters even in the Hausa speaking north.

PDP lost for many reasons....religion does not really play a major role.

Those states you just called are northern and. North central states and APC presidetial candidate is from the north.ur right PDP lost for so many reasons but only about 50% of Nigerians voted based on GEJ's ineptitude. If people really voted based on his Short comings he wouldn't have won a state.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by babestella: 2:16pm On Apr 04, 2015
all4gud:
g

Are you sure the conference recommendations will be implemented?

I'm not sure because APC was not a party to it, unless Nigerians demand for its implementation.
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:19pm On Apr 04, 2015
Owliver:
Performance mostly works in South west and north central. Particularly the south-west whom are not too much of bigots. But NE, NW, SS and SE forget it. Its mostly base on tribe and religion. [b]Explain to me how PDP won most of Edo except Auchi? [/b]In an APC state where oshiomole tried, or tell me why PDP won Taraba?. facts is staring in our faces

That's a very good point there; I agree with you. I think it's only in the south west the voting pattern did not reflect ethnic or religious bias. Thank you.
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2015
hollistarMOB:
Imagine that small delta state de get 25 LG with 1million+ votes for just 1 party, the state wey no even big pass bariga

highest joke of the year... grin
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by LastProphet: 2:28pm On Apr 04, 2015
calebo101:

One Nigeria is a very big joke. See how that small Niger Delta produces the wealth that feeds the nation shocked shocked and that same region consists of the hardest working region in Nigeria,The Igbos smiley. Now i see why the other regions can't do without Niger Delta and the East. As dem big reach dem nor fit feed themselves cheesy.

Niger Delta and Biafra wake up, form a merger and demand your sovereignty. Those parasites up there will never let you go because you feed their lazy asses. If they had what you have they would have chased you away since time immemorial. Form a merger and sail away ooooooo smiley. Can't wait to see Niger Delta become Dubai then we be issuing tourist visas to our neighbors.. (AREWA CALIPHATE and their stooge, AFENIFERE grin grin).

We can even lobby a section of the middlebet for economic reasons as well and become a big federation on our own. Niger Delta/Biafra it's time to act oooo, those vampires up there will suffocate us. Chai, no wonder na the North shout One Nigeria pass, because they bring nothing to the table. (FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF DELTA BIAFRA grin grin grin)
[/b]

Fooooooool! Ask your grand parents what happened to their properties in Niger Delta as compared to other places, what of the abandoned properties issue in PH? who owns them? Who stole them from the Ibos? Foooooooooooooool! Goatluck used you people's head and u cant even see it yet, your stupidity has made it look like the Ibos have had their turn at the presidency whereas you have not, foooooooooooooooooooool

1 Like

Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by fxskye: 2:33pm On Apr 04, 2015
Taylor86:
wonder y dis northerners are so populated like dis, shekau have to put more effort this time, it seems d dead ones are rising again

Not surprised, that's y ur clueless GEJ left Shekau to fester in order to reduce d population he didn't create.

FYI....Northern population would tripple before 2019
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by poposki33: 2:33pm On Apr 04, 2015
calebo101:

[/b]

before Nigeria started benefiting from oil there was an income source(COCOA) Which nigerdelta also benefited from
even if nigerdelta and biafra gain their sovereignty, they will be the one that will suffer the most.trust me
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by muh4lyf(m): 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2015
9jagoodman:

Do not let the northerners see this!!!!!
Because, it would mean Igbo Presidency. Twice beaten, once shy
Don't misquote me,if buhari is serving for 1 term. 2019 presidency is coming bak to south west and osibanjo is our next presodent...
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by muh4lyf(m): 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2015
9jagoodman:

Do not let the northerners see this!!!!!
Because, it would mean Igbo Presidency. Twice beaten, once shy
Don't misquote me,if buhari is serving for 1 term. 2019 presidency is coming bak to south west and osibanjo is our next president...

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by ccollins(m): 2:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
cheruv:

just kos you're afraid of an issue doesn't mean you've to resort to telling white lies! angry
so do you mean the USA are not united despite there distinct backgrounds in several states.. How do you mean sir
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by Gliding(m): 2:53pm On Apr 04, 2015
calebo101:

Maybe if they enter into an alliance with Niger Delta we might just see the birth of a new nation. That i think is the best way out.
I don't know what exactly the problem is. When the Yoruba's did not hold any of the juicy govt. positions in the past 5years, did it stop their states from developing?
Just because GEJ lost, (fairly in my opinion), we are already talking about marginalisation. The new govt has not even been formed.
Benue stated boasted of having the senate presidency in the past few years, did it stop the state from being underdeveloped? Or give the civil servants their unpaid salaries?
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 04, 2015
babestella:

SW will never build any BOND with SS/SE. Why would we build a bond with people that all they know is Biafra and secession. Nigeria will always be one so you guys should get back to reality. While GEJ was in power you people kept quiet about Biafra but now that he has lost as a result of his incompetence you guys have come out with your Biafra rhetoric again - Spoil sports. The reason why SS/SE will not smell the seat of power in a long while is that they don't believe in Nigeria so how and why should they head the seat of power? You should also note that the SS/SE is just two regions out of six and they need the support of at least one more region (or more realistically two because of their low voting population) to have someone from their region as president. Nigeria is not the only country with different cultures and tribes. U.S.A is a perfect example and they try to put their differences away and are doing well.
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by onoxyx: 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
OROSUNBOLB:

That's a very good point there; I agree with you. I think it's only in the south west the voting pattern did not reflect ethnic or religious bias. Thank you.

I would doubt that religion did not play a role in the voting pattern in the southwest. remember the SW has an almost equal mix of xtians and Muslims. GEJ strong showing in the SW is most likely from the xtians in this area even though a lot of SW and MB xtians also voted for buhari. I would also doubt GEJ got any reasonable vote from the southwest Muslim population. at least I don't know any Muslim yoruba who was not anti GEJ

apart from the Benue guys, voting pattern was largely about regions and religion. competence and merit played very little part.
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:07pm On Apr 04, 2015
onoxyx:

I would doubt that religion did not play a role in the voting pattern in the southwest. remember the SW has an almost equal mix of xtians and Muslims. GEJ strong showing in the SW is most likely from the xtians in this area even though a lot of SW and MB xtians also voted for buhari. I would also doubt GEJ got any reasonable vote from the southwest Muslim population. at least I don't know any Muslim yoruba who was not anti GEJ

apart from the Benue guys, voting pattern was largely about regions and religion. competence and merit played very little part.

Well,I won't disagree with you completely that religion did not play a role in the election. It did,but I strongly believe it was not the mayor factor that shaped the voting pattern. If Jonathan's faith as a christian was not a concern to the electorates in 2011,why should it matter now? In this part,south west Jonathan is generally perceived or seen as a weak leader whose performance is far below average and I can tell you this was what shaped the voting pattern in the south west. If as a Muslim I voted for Jonathan in 2011 against Buhari,a fellow muslim,it will be unfair if anybody now accuses me of religious bias now that I decided to vote for Buhari. Like I said earlier,the major factor that contributed to Jonathan's failure is his apparent poor performance. Religion has never been an issue in the south west and it will never be. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by san316(m): 4:24pm On Apr 04, 2015
calebo101:

One Nigeria is a very big joke. See how that small Niger Delta produces the wealth that feeds the nation shocked shocked and that same region consists of the hardest working region in Nigeria,The Igbos smiley. Now i see why the other regions can't do without Niger Delta and the East. As dem big reach dem nor fit feed themselves :

[/b]

why don't you go and form your biafra? Must u take ND along?
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 04, 2015
Taylor86:
yes now i see where GEJ failure was programmed

for my fellow niger delta brothers take note of dis, any body who might succeed buhari in 2019 shuld pls cut off kano, katsina and kaduna from nigeria map

we are coming back in 2019, wait for us dis time around we are moving to Aso rock with a native doctor
you are a joker. There is no comeback for you guys, not in 50 years!
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
calebo101:

[/b]

sorry sore looser, you will remain in this federation and SUBMIT to the will of the majortiy, any other choice only guarantees your oblivion
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by t2luv: 6:21pm On Apr 04, 2015
babestella:

You know what really pissed me off with this last election. If you looked at the 2011 election map, the alliance was there for the SW/SE/SS to win. Instead GEJ screwed up because of personal hatred of the SW. Now the genie is out of the box. The SW, and the North can see what anyone with an ounce of intelligent can see. that an alliance of the North, and SW doesn't need the SE, and SS to win the presidency. What a sad commentary.
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by t2luv: 6:33pm On Apr 04, 2015
12inches1:

SW will never build any BOND with SS/SE. Why would we build a bond with people that all they know is Biafra and secession. Nigeria will always be one so you guys should get back to reality. While GEJ was in power you people kept quiet about Biafra but now that he has lost as a result of his incompetence you guys have come out with your Biafra rhetoric again - Spoil sports. The reason why SS/SE will not smell the seat of power in a long while is that they don't believe in Nigeria so how and why should they head the seat of power? You should also note that the SS/SE is just two regions out of six and they need the support of at least one more region (or more realistically two because of their low voting population) to have someone from their region as president. Nigeria is not the only country with different cultures and tribes. U.S.A is a perfect example and they try to put their differences away and are doing well.

I am putting my money on it right now. After Buhari, the presidency is coming to the SW. Any taker? Trust me the SE/SS are condemned
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by KoloOyinbo(m): 6:51pm On Apr 04, 2015
4bobo:
KANO IS SMALL IN SIZE BUT MIGHTY IN NUMBER
NO BE THIS KAIN ELECTION DEM DEY RIG ,ESPECIALLY UNDER JEGA, SO SOMEBODY DONT HAVE ANY OPTION THAN TO ACCEPT DEFEAT UNLESS NA KATAKATA E GO CAUSE OOO.

The International observers have reported in a very fair manner irrespective of who likes the conclusions or not. The election was primarily FAIR (except for some PDP rigging in Rivers - don't know why they bothered it was going PDP by a massive margin anyway).

JEGA has been seen as more worthy of credit than anyone or any group in this election and totally unbiased.

If people don't like the result of the election don't blame Jega, don't blame rigging -
DO blame the performance of the parties and the MAJORITY of your fellow citizens who voted for what they want.

These stupid religious and tribal lines along which people vote should be ignored and choices made of performance!

1 Like

Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by Gr8amechi: 7:56pm On Apr 04, 2015
calebo101:

[/b]
baba even this will not work, do you want to underestimate tribe politics even in our small Niger delta states?? GEJ bleeped you and you should accept it, in 2011 both north and South voted him did you say anything of such?? when he was busy creating problem for himself through fighting OBJ didn't you applaud him??let's come to terms with d truth a beg no lie
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by iaatmguy(m): 9:11pm On Apr 04, 2015
so when the north was producing groundnut, tin, iron ore, in large quantities, nobody saw anthing wrong then, but now its turn of the south to feed the nation, they are shouting foul. NOBODY IS GOING ANYWHERE.
Re: 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps by Martniji: 9:35am On Apr 07, 2015
Its just very simple and easy for APC to loose in the east and PDP loose in the North. I wonder wat AD, ACN, KOWA and NCP where doing. Na wa o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Accident Involving Iyare Motors & A Highlander On Benin Igbobazuwa Way: Graphic / Conductor Cooking Under Petrol Tanker [photos] / A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.