Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

How To Find And Keep a B.M.W. (Black Man Working) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How To Find And Keep a B.M.W. (Black Man Working) (2144 Views)

Picture Of British Cabinet Members - No Single Black Man / 67 Year Old Oyibo Man Beats Up Young Black Man On The Bus / Why Is Obama Refered To As A Black Man When He Is 50% Of Both Races? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Find And Keep a B.M.W. (Black Man Working) by Epi: 7:27pm On Jan 24, 2009
State of Black America

Someone forward this to me and i am sharing it with you.

Please take some time out of your busy schedule and listen.

Worth your ears.  Dr. Julia Hare tells it how it is. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq2kJ56hSqo&feature=related

POWERFUL STUFF. Hope you enjoy it too

One love
Re: How To Find And Keep a B.M.W. (Black Man Working) by JJYOU: 9:20pm On Jan 24, 2009
talk right brigade
Re: How To Find And Keep a B.M.W. (Black Man Working) by SeanT21(f): 6:40am On Jan 25, 2009
Inteesting!!

She spoke the truth!!
Re: How To Find And Keep a B.M.W. (Black Man Working) by Epi: 9:10pm On Jan 25, 2009
JJYOU:

talk right brigade
SeanT21:

Inteesting!!
She spoke the truth!!
So poerful that I listened it many times

I love the part about disciplining children. See how she differentiates Africa and the USA. On blacks in Africa, she said “some Social Worker dare enter an African home saying “ you can’t discipline your children” – the social worker will disappear, hahahaha. We need some of that attitude in America. Here is America Government control how you raise your children. No wonder some parents fear their kids.

Back home kids get a “good whipping” when they are rude or disrespectful. And even if you are disrespectful to someone who is not related to you – you still get a good whipping from your parents (but that was then) Today the kids back home are fighting back the teachers and parents. . . . .sad but true

One love
Re: How To Find And Keep a B.M.W. (Black Man Working) by Seun(m): 10:12am On Feb 04, 2009
What has the "good whipping" attitude done for the status of Black Americans or Africans in society? It's just rubbish. We keep defending bad and unsuccessful practices just because we're used to them.
Re: How To Find And Keep a B.M.W. (Black Man Working) by Epi: 6:24pm On Feb 06, 2009
Growing up I didn't get a "good-whipping", I got spanked on my bottom (light physical discipline) and I plan to do the same thing with my children because I think it's an effective way of raising your children upright. Sometimes pain stops you from not repeating an action.   However, I think one should spank their child (ren) immediately they do something wrong.  Not wait until the father visit – spanking you for something you did months ago.

Personally, good-whipping (beating the crap out of your kids with a belt, switch, stick or coconut broom) is a no-no.  You are correct, good-whipping" is bad practice (slavery mentality) and I think that's why there is a law (USA) to prevent parents from beating the crap out of their kids.  I don't think the law will prevent a parent from "spanking" their kids (light physical discipline) on the bottom.

Unfortunately, we don't have that law back home to prevent "good-whipping."  Based on my conversation with some older folks - some say they are who they are now (good job/degree/own house) because of good-whipping while others still traumatized from a "good-whipping" (causing them to beat their wives, kids etc).  I guess to each his own. undecided

1 love

(1) (Reply)

September 11:nature Pays Beautiful Tribute As Rainbow Appear In US [PHOTOS] / Bbc Presenter Pool Over By Dog On Live TV / BRICS Nations Announce Their Own Currency To Break Away From The US Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.