Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Final - Rap Battles (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Final (2707 Views)

Poll: Who is the Greatest Rapper on Nairaland?

Chamotex: 60% (18 votes)
Mailmalc: 40% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

ATTN: Nairaland's Greatest Rapper 2008 / Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) / Rap Tournament: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Final by Sauron1: 8:39pm On Jan 26, 2009
mailmalc:

@Sauron, Ibime, u guyz over-under-estimated us nd u wer' already preparin for the finals without considerin the semis. Yep ! the third place battle was simply off the chain wit nice punches. Mos' Def the best battle in this tourney but still it ain't the finals. My only problem hurr is ~Sauron~ not being able to point out "Multies" outta a complete verse. He just ended up confusin in-rhymes for multis.

Are u a literature student?? Go and read about masculine rhymes and feminine rhymes(multis) and get back to me.

Let me try break it down, As long as only one syllable rhyme is being maintained then it CAN NEVER be called a multi. Those lines u posted from eminem are perfect examples of multis nd this particular multi was spiced wit in rhymes .

It was spiced with rhymes?? Then spice yours with rhymes too.
That was why i said i don't do lukewarmness. . . . . .It's either you are HOT or STONE COLD.
If u cannot make em rhyme, you are not a NETCEE. Period!!!

back to ur so called multis . . . "I’ll imbibe and ride every bride in ur tribe, but I don’t wana ‘borrow-ur-bride’, just wana ‘swallow-ur-pride"
bibe, ride, bride, tribe & pride are examples of perfect in-rhymes and nufin close to multi's because "im" came before the bibe, and "ur" can be found before pride, tribe nd bride . . there is no way on earth you can twist your tongue to make im and ur sound similar. Therefore these are just end rhymes beautified with in-rhymes. As for the multis undecided i don't think so. If you could identify the fact that these are multis; then why contradict ur knowlede of the subject? lipsrsealed

That is the mistake u keep making. . . . . .
Chamotex coulda been guilty of not structuring his verses better but u have to admit ur tribe--ur bride--ur pride are ALL multisyllabic.
If u tell me they were FORCED or OVERCOOKED, i would admit but to say those ain't feminine rhymes has proven u have a long way to go.

Sauron i can understand u's a big fan of vocabularies nd so u tend to deviate from other essential make-ups! cheesy

If u cannot bust vocabulary. . . . .forget about rapping.
Any netcee/textcee or audiocee should be able to drop knowledge a la Canibus, Nas, Rakim and Biggie.

Multis:
Ain’t no need for wondering who’s the man,
Staying looking right always an ex[b]clusive brand[/b] (negleting the "ex", u'll get a 3 syllable rhymin scheme so it is qualified to be called a multi-syllable rhyme)

man and brand qualify as a masculine rhyme on it's own.
How is that anywhere similar to zoom and zone like you were spitting??
I am done arguing on this issue. May the best netcee win the duel.
At the end of the day. . . . . .I am just a seasoned observer(apologies to Ibime). . . . .my vote DOES NOT COUNT. cheesy
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Final by Ibime(m): 9:11pm On Jan 26, 2009
oya, its enough. Let the voters vote.
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Final by mailmalc(m): 7:18am On Jan 27, 2009
MULTI-SYLLABLE- Multis for short nd i still don't know where u got the idea of Feminine and Masculine Rhymes as Multis from.

my dome be a millitary zone, u better "Keep off dude"/ niccur u've reached ya doom/
Let me start by analysin the rhymes here; Keep~of~dude and Reach~ur~doom and sit~ups~too/ if they don't sound similar to u then lipsrsealed Dome and Zone rhymes perfectly but i wasn't have the intention of makin them the end/major rhymes. As for the Millitary stuff, wen u walk along a street (maybe only in Naija) and u see this sign "MILLITARY ZONE" the next thing u'll see is "KEEP OFF" simple as abc. The "sit up" was simply used as a physical word attributed to 'Exercise' brought about the 'mis-fit' thingy in dat very line wink Rhymin goes way beyond the cook-took-book pattern, u could try sumfin like rude, mute e.t.c.

I am more concerned wit rhyming-right nd stayin on point rather than litterin ma barz wit rhymes dat reduces the effect of my punchlines.

The Forum seems deserted, where are all 'em netcess at!

My simple point: If you would accept the fact that MULTIS is the short form of MULTI-SYLLABLE then u should be able to identify 'em. Multis is not a word on it's own, it's just a simple abbrevation!
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Final by Wordsmith(m): 7:19pm On Jan 30, 2009
mailmalc:

MULTI-SYLLABLE- Multis for short nd  i still don't know where u got the idea of Feminine and Masculine Rhymes as Multis from.
Let me start by analysin the rhymes here; Keep~of~dude and Reach~ur~doom and sit~ups~too/ if they don't sound similar to u then  lipsrsealed Dome and Zone rhymes perfectly but i wasn't have the intention of makin them the end/major rhymes. As for the Millitary stuff, wen u walk along a street (maybe only in Naija) and u see this sign "MILLITARY ZONE" the next thing u'll see is "KEEP OFF" simple as abc. The "sit up" was simply used as a physical word attributed to 'Exercise' brought about the 'mis-fit' thingy in dat very line  wink Rhymin goes way beyond the cook-took-book pattern, u could try sumfin like rude, mute e.t.c.

I am more concerned wit rhyming-right nd stayin on point rather than litterin ma barz wit rhymes dat reduces the effect of my punchlines.

My simple point: If you would accept the fact that MULTIS is the short form of MULTI-SYLLABLE then u should be able to identify 'em. Multis is not a word on it's own, it's just a simple abbrevation!

co-sign on that sh*t.

Other than that, i agree with Sauron on the final verdict, there has to be a round two. . .
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Final by pckid: 8:04pm On Feb 04, 2009
sauron,here's a callout to battle me, !!!
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Final by Sauron1: 8:39pm On Feb 04, 2009
pckid:

sauron,here's a callout to battle me, !!!

U just don't come from nowhere and make a battle call-out.

Have u dropped any verse in the freestyle lounge??
Do u have any topicals?? Have u been ranked on the FLOW FOR RANK thread??
U need at least 10 different drops to make a call-out. . . . . .
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Final by DBR: 2:58pm On Feb 06, 2009
mailmalc:

MULTI-SYLLABLE- Multis for short nd i still don't know where u got the idea of Feminine and Masculine Rhymes as Multis from.
Let me start by analysin the rhymes here; Keep~of~dude and Reach~ur~doom and sit~ups~too/ if they don't sound similar to u then lipsrsealed Dome and Zone rhymes perfectly but i wasn't have the intention of makin them the end/major rhymes. As for the Millitary stuff, wen u walk along a street (maybe only in Naija) and u see this sign "MILLITARY ZONE" the next thing u'll see is "KEEP OFF" simple as abc. The "sit up" was simply used as a physical word attributed to 'Exercise' brought about the 'mis-fit' thingy in dat very line wink Rhymin goes way beyond the cook-took-book pattern, u could try sumfin like rude, mute e.t.c.

I co-sign this.
Sauoron ma dude, u kinda mixed up the in-rhymes with actual multies.
And the literature concept of gender rhymes partern took the discussion off target.
Mailmac is right here.
That said, gosh Saurone, Mailmac and Ibeme, u guys blow ma mind.
Your analysis makes NL the shitt!!!
Well done guys. And yea, i think a rematch will be fine. Wanna see if they can raise the bar beyond the Saurone/Ibeme duel grin
oNe
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Final by Sauron1: 3:12pm On Feb 06, 2009
DBR:

I co-sign this.
Sauoron ma dude, u kinda mixed up the in-rhymes with actual multies.
And the literature concept of gender rhymes partern took the discussion off target.
Mailmac is right here.

I didn't mix in-rhymes with actual multies. . . . .I only criticised Mailmalc's choice of words in the multis.
He coulda worded the bars better with sweeter homonyms and i gave examples of the words he coulda used.
This is a text battle(how it's written matters).
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Final by JUNIT1(m): 1:13pm On Feb 09, 2009
k.
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Final by kaydee(m): 12:49am On Mar 24, 2009
So when are they crowning the battle king?
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Final by HJ1(m): 1:51pm On May 06, 2009
would really love to know wen the next battle tournament comes up. cant wait to turn sum one's life time dream to sushi
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Final by HYBRIDX(m): 9:37pm On May 06, 2009
next battle, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Freestyle Rap For Young Amateurs.strictly Unda 18s / Brutal Clash : Inkblood Vs Mikuz / * + * ~ Nl King Tournament[ Final ] : Guykhena Vs Mikuz ~ * + *

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.