Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3029993 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:50am On Jul 12, 2016
Army begins operation in Zamfara

The Nigerian Army has deployed troops with heavy weaponry to Zamfara State as part of preparations for Army Day celebration 2016 and launching of operation Harbin Kunama to rid the state of armed bandits.
Briefing newsmen in Gusau, the acting Director, Army Public Relations, Colonel Sani Usman Kukasheka said they were aware that the armed bandits had started fleeing the forests, but that all steps were being taken to block their passage.

Colonel Kukasheka said that this year's event would be a two-edged one in the sense that military exercise would include an operation to get rid of the armed bandits and other criminals. He said President Muhammadu Buhari would be expected to launch the event tomorrow.
Troops were seen camping with their heavy fighting equipment at the Gusau airstrip in preparation to launch major offensives against the armed bandits and cattle rustlers that have been terrorizing the rural communities in the last five years.
The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant-General Tukur Yusuf Buratai, said when he paid a courtesy call on the Emir of Gusau, Alhaji Ibrahim Bello that the Nigerian Army was ready to tackle the menace of cattle rustling and armed banditry not only in Zamfara but in the whole of North-West zone.
He said some of the activities marking the day would be launched in Dansadau District, that the activities include combat air-borne jump and equipment display.
The Emir of Gusau, Alhaji Ibrahim Bello, welcomed the development and called for the Army's immediate intervention for the restoration of peace and security in the state.
In May this year more than 3,000 residents were displaced from three villages in Dansadau District following deadly raids on their communities by the armed bandits.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:11pm On Jul 12, 2016
OFF TOPIC BUT TOURCHING

Celebrity Photographer, TY Bello Shares Heart-Wrenching Encounters With Soldiers Battling Insurgency

Bello, who just returned from devastated northern state, shared a picture of an x-ray photo showing an anti-aircraft bullet lodged in a soldier’s throat.

“Soldier X:While I made portraits of our wounded soldiers at the military hospital in Maiduguri, one of the soldiers made a statement that I haven’t been able to shake off, “ one way you know a soldier has been hit is that they suddenly start shouting out names of family members”. She said

“This statement kept playing over and again in my mind, especially when I got the most colourful welcome from my family, barely a week away on this journey.Many soldiers, play this long overdue welcome party in their heads daily, and the sad thing is that for some, it may never happen.

The famous photographer, who had series of conversations with some of the soldiers on the war front, said, “I had long conversations with soldiers about how they got wounded in battle.They told me how grateful they were to be alive, some of their colleagues weren’t as lucky. I also got to speak with medical personnel, on the uniqueness of their work in a war against terror.

“I’ll share all their stories here and start by introducing Soldier X, who I never met, but made a photograph of his x-ray. An anti aircraft bullet, big and strong enough to tear through the titanium body of an airplane, was lodged in his throat, and for some reason, it didn’t blow his head off, this soldier lived through his surgery and got to take the removed bullet home as a reminder. This is a wicked wicked war! Why would anyone chose weapons made to attack war planes and use it on a fellow human … At close range.

“Even in war there should be rules. Lieutenant Ologodo told me something really important, that if you don’t believe in God, working here will make a convert out of you, the frequency of witnessing the darkest of evil deeds, along side what can only be miraculous, will open your heart somehow.This is such a brutally wicked war.”
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SergeAlain: 4:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
Wooow! Very touching. sad sad

But wey the pictures na!! smiley smiley

bidexiii:
OFF TOPIC BUT TOURCHING

Celebrity Photographer, TY Bello Shares Heart-Wrenching Encounters With Soldiers Battling Insurgency

Bello, who just returned from devastated northern state, shared a picture of an x-ray photo showing an anti-aircraft bullet lodged in a soldier’s throat.

“Soldier X:While I made portraits of our wounded soldiers at the military hospital in Maiduguri, one of the soldiers made a statement that I haven’t been able to shake off, “ one way you know a soldier has been hit is that they suddenly start shouting out names of family members”. She said

“This statement kept playing over and again in my mind, especially when I got the most colourful welcome from my family, barely a week away on this journey.Many soldiers, play this long overdue welcome party in their heads daily, and the sad thing is that for some, it may never happen.

The famous photographer, who had series of conversations with some of the soldiers on the war front, said, “I had long conversations with soldiers about how they got wounded in battle.They told me how grateful they were to be alive, some of their colleagues weren’t as lucky. I also got to speak with medical personnel, on the uniqueness of their work in a war against terror.

“I’ll share all their stories here and start by introducing Soldier X, who I never met, but made a photograph of his x-ray. An anti aircraft bullet, big and strong enough to tear through the titanium body of an airplane, was lodged in his throat, and for some reason, it didn’t blow his head off, this soldier lived through his surgery and got to take the removed bullet home as a reminder. This is a wicked wicked war! Why would anyone chose weapons made to attack war planes and use it on a fellow human … At close range.

“Even in war there should be rules. Lieutenant Ologodo told me something really important, that if you don’t believe in God, working here will make a convert out of you, the frequency of witnessing the darkest of evil deeds, along side what can only be miraculous, will open your heart somehow.This is such a brutally wicked war.”
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by chinese8107: 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2016
bidexiii:
Army begins operation in Zamfara

The Nigerian Army has deployed troops with heavy weaponry to Zamfara State as part of preparations for Army Day celebration 2016 and launching of operation Harbin Kunama to rid the state of armed bandits.
Briefing newsmen in Gusau, the acting Director, Army Public Relations, Colonel Sani Usman Kukasheka said they were aware that the armed bandits had started fleeing the forests, but that all steps were being taken to block their passage.

Colonel Kukasheka said that this year's event would be a two-edged one in the sense that military exercise would include an operation to get rid of the armed bandits and other criminals. He said President Muhammadu Buhari would be expected to launch the event tomorrow.
Troops were seen camping with their heavy fighting equipment at the Gusau airstrip in preparation to launch major offensives against the armed bandits and cattle rustlers that have been terrorizing the rural communities in the last five years.
The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant-General Tukur Yusuf Buratai, said when he paid a courtesy call on the Emir of Gusau, Alhaji Ibrahim Bello that the Nigerian Army was ready to tackle the menace of cattle rustling and armed banditry not only in Zamfara but in the whole of North-West zone.
He said some of the activities marking the day would be launched in Dansadau District, that the activities include combat air-borne jump and equipment display.
The Emir of Gusau, Alhaji Ibrahim Bello, welcomed the development and called for the Army's immediate intervention for the restoration of peace and security in the state.
In May this year more than 3,000 residents were displaced from three villages in Dansadau District following deadly raids on their communities by the armed bandits.

in a joint opertion of airforce and army

Quadcopter UAVs or other unmaned drone must coorninate with maned Aircraft (ie, don't mis-recongnize friend with enemy.the UAVs must not fly too high the Warplane must not fly too low to avoid colide with each other.)There will be more and more drone in future battlefield. a tactical data link (TDL) between each other is important.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2016
SergeAlain:
Wooow! Very touching. sad sad

But wey the pictures na!! smiley smiley

Exactly.

But av being searching the Internet for the pictures also.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2016
chinese8107:

Quadcopter UAVs or other unmaned drone must coorninate with maned Aircraft (,ie:the UAVs must not fly too high the Warplane must not fly too low to avoid colide with each other.)There will be more and more drone in future battlefield. a tactical data link (TDL) between each other is important.

It's high time Nigeria turn to China for the development of her indigenous drone programmes . And the north east should av his own drone station Centre, to monitor and keep surveillance of the entire region.

It's even cost effective to run drones than manned aircrafts.........? These will give real time event for ground troops.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by chinese8107: 5:20pm On Jul 12, 2016
bidexiii:

It's high time Nigeria turn to China for the development of her indigenous drone programmes . And the north east should av his own drone station Centre, to monitor and keep surveillance of the entire region.

It's even cost effective to run drones than manned aircrafts.........? These will give real time event for ground troops.
I guess already in planing

Yes, in many fields drones are more cost effective than manned aircrafts.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MikeCZA: 6:29pm On Jul 12, 2016
chinese8107:

Quadcopter UAVs or other unmaned drone must coorninate with maned Aircraft (ie, don't mis-recongnize friend with enemy.the UAVs must not fly too high the Warplane must not fly too low to avoid colide with each other.)There will be more and more drone in future battlefield. a tactical data link (TDL) between each other is important.
Many countries are already developing the doctrine. Fighters and UAVs.

Mixed formations.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by chinese8107: 8:49pm On Jul 12, 2016
bidexiii:

cost effective in many cases.

For some fixed position monitoring or sureillance, a ballon with FLIR camera. or simply a pole with FLIR camera attached is Ok in stead of building watch towers around the base which is typical in WWII.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:54pm On Jul 12, 2016
chinese8107:

cost effective in many cases.

For some fixed position monitoring or sureillance, a ballon with FLIR camera. or simply a pole with FLIR camera attached is Ok in stead of building watch towers around the base which is typical in WWII.

Am not even talking about a military base or post here!

Am talking of building a full operational drone base with different types of strike/survellence where the borders and front lines will be controlled. Look at the falcon eye the NN just built. Its what I call the eye in the sky, it will cut cost effect of patrols, give you real time events of enemy positions..etc. We need these seriously if we are to check cross border activities.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by chinese8107: 10:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
bidexiii:

Am not even talking about a military base or post here!

Am talking of building a full operational drone base with different types of strike/survellence where the borders and front lines will be controlled. Look at the falcon eye the NN just built. Its what I call the eye in the sky, it will cut cost effect of patrols, give you real time events of enemy positions..etc. We need these seriously if we are to check cross border activities.

yes,a center or system to integrate all of these with data link and computer.it's what I mention previously. A drone base is ok.what's the falcon eye? I only know your goverment launched a satlite with help of China to monitor the ground or for communication.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:29pm On Jul 12, 2016
chinese8107:

yes,a center or system to integrate all of these with data link and computer.it's what I mention previously. A drone base is ok.what is falcon eye ? I only know your goverment launched a satlite with help of China to monitor the ground or for communication.

Video on the falcon eye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncUPIQwG14A
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 11:13pm On Jul 12, 2016
Just seeing that BH video, still showcases their lack or very little external assistance by trying to suck up to the two warring terrorists groups. The insertion of a dead Alqaeda leader and an ishit leader in same video shows their lack of direction in ideology.

Niger looked like the weakest link of all the armies fighting BH and so were looking ripe for such attack especially with that weakly defended base looking more like a picnic retreat camp than a base that should be alert at all times.
My only fear is BH still retains a wide level of support or at least grassroot levels of assistance to continue like this.
The push on Sambisa (dont know the dynamics), not much is heard for a while...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:27am On Jul 13, 2016
BlackBaron:
Just seeing that BH video, still showcases their lack or very little external assistance by trying to suck up to the two warring terrorists groups. The insertion of a dead Alqaeda leader and an ishit leader in same video shows their lack of direction in ideology.

Niger looked like the weakest link of all the armies fighting BH and so were looking ripe for such attack especially with that weakly defended base looking more like a picnic retreat camp than a base that should be alert at all times.
My only fear is BH still retains a wide level of support or at least grassroot levels of assistance to continue like this.
The push on Sambisa (dont know the dynamics), not much is heard for a while...

Well said mate but saying the base looks like a picnic camp makes me laugh............ROL grin shocked grin.....!

Hope they learn from these and it does not repeats itself again!!!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:57am On Jul 13, 2016
#NAF PICTURES

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by chinese8107: 8:14am On Jul 13, 2016
bidexiii:

Video on the falcon eye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncUPIQwG14A
yes. That's it .

NAF&NA is gonna has the similar system that coordinate different types of weapons like drones manned warplanes and ground unit with tactical data link(TDL)
https://www.nairaland.com/1962290/african-militaries-strictly-discussions-thread/8
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2016
#CION

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:36pm On Jul 13, 2016
chinese8107:

yes. That's it .

NAF&NA is gonna has the similar system that coordinate different types of weapons like drones manned warplanes and ground unit with tactical data link(TDL)
https://www.nairaland.com/1962290/african-militaries-strictly-discussions-thread/8

Hmmmn, NAF & NA is going to have similar systems.......?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:52pm On Jul 13, 2016
Frontline troops, Boko Haram exchange gunfire for 3 hours

Troops of the Nigerian Army, on Tuesday, repelled a Boko Haram attack after more than 3 hours of gunfire.

According to a statement signed by Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman, the Acting Director Army Public Relations, the insurgents had mounted a siege in the town of Kangarwa, Borno state.

The statement, however, did not disclose the number of soldiers injured or killed during the attack.

The statement reads, “Troops of 119 Task Force Battalion stationed in Kangarwa northern Borno State, have successfully repelled an attack by Boko Haram terrorists Tuesday evening.

“The attack which started at about 6.30pm, was successfully repelled after about 3 hours of exchange of heavy gunfire that inflicted tremendous casualty on the terrorists. Unfortunately, 2 of our gallant soldiers paid the supreme price, while 7 were wounded in action.

“Due to poor visibility, the number of terrorists killed could not be ascertained for now.

“The bodies of the gallant soldiers and those wounded in action are being evacuated while the unit is carrying out mop up operation.  It should be noted that the successful repelling of the attack was made possible by support from the Nigerian  and Chadian Air Force fighter jets.”
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
ANOTHER SOURCE ON THE ATTACK ON A NIGERIA ARMY BASE IN KANGARWA.

Troops of 119 Task Force Battalion of the Nigerian Army stationed in Kangarwa northern Borno State successfully repelled an attack by Boko Haram terrorists in a surprise ambush action, Army said last night.

According to a statement from Army headquarters, “The attack which started at about 6. 30pm Tuesday evening, was successfully repelled after about 3 hours of exchange of heavy gunfire that inflicted tremendous casualty on the terrorists.

“Unfortunately, 2 of our gallant soldiers paid the supreme price, while 7 were wounded in action. “Due to poor visibility, the number of terrorists killed could not be ascertained for now.

“The bodies of the gallant soldiers and those wounded in action are being evacuated while the unit is carrying out mop up operation. Continuing the statement said,

“The successful repelling of the attack was made possible by support from the Nigerian and Chadian Air Force fighter jets.”
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:10pm On Jul 13, 2016
bidexiii:

I read on badehaerospace website sometym ago about ongoing work to convert our ABT-18 into UAVs
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:39pm On Jul 13, 2016
Odunayaw:
I read on badehaerospace website sometym ago about ongoing work to convert our ABT-18 into UAVs

Hmm...please can you post a link or website..?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Dream2(m): 8:02pm On Jul 13, 2016
bidexiii:
ANOTHER SOURCE ON THE ATTACK ON A NIGERIA ARMY BASE IN KANGARWA.

Troops of 119 Task Force Battalion of the Nigerian Army stationed in Kangarwa northern Borno State successfully repelled an attack by Boko Haram terrorists in a surprise ambush action, Army said last night.

According to a statement from Army headquarters, “The attack which started at about 6. 30pm Tuesday evening, was successfully repelled after about 3 hours of exchange of heavy gunfire that inflicted tremendous casualty on the terrorists.

“Unfortunately, 2 of our gallant soldiers paid the supreme price, while 7 were wounded in action. “Due to poor visibility, the number of terrorists killed could not be ascertained for now.

“The bodies of the gallant soldiers and those wounded in action are being evacuated while the unit is carrying out mop up operation. Continuing the statement said,

“The successful repelling of the attack was made possible by support from the Nigerian and Chadian Air Force fighter jets.”

Hmmm,guess it's now happening,i could remember you and some oga here predicted an attack on the NA by the BH after they attacked the Nigerian base and loot away some heavy weapons,how i wish our military heads are reading this thread,it's an eye opener.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:29pm On Jul 13, 2016
Dream2:

Hmmm,guess it's now happening,i could remember you and some oga here predicted an attack on the NA by the BH after they attacked the Nigerian base and loot away some heavy weapons,how i wish our military heads are reading this thread,it's an eye opener.

Yeap we predicted it and the frontline troops should be on there guard because more his still coming there way!

Considering the amount of cache of weapons and vehicles captured, they would be "gingered" to carry out a other attack to stalk there armory.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:45pm On Jul 13, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR addressing Nigerian Army Special Forces today at Dansadau, Zamfara State.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:21am On Jul 14, 2016
TROOPS REPEL ATTACK ON THEIR LOCATION AT KANGARWA

WARNING DISTURBING IMAGES.......

Troops of 119 Task Force Battalion stationed in Kangarwa northern Borno State, have successfully repelled an attack by Boko Haram terrorists Tuesday evening.

The attack which started at about 6.30pm, was successfully repelled after about 3 hours of exchange of heavy gunfire that inflicted tremendous casualty on the terrorists. Unfortunately, 1 of our gallant soldiers paid the supreme price, while 11 were wounded in action. One of the unit’s Gun truck was badly damaged.

As at this morning, the troops counted 25 bodies of the Boko Haram terrorists and recovered 2 Rocket Propelled Grenade 7 (RPG 7) tubes, a 60mm Mortar tube, 2 Machine Guns, 12 AK-47 rifles and one Light Machine Gun.

The body of the gallant soldiers and those wounded in action are being evacuated while the unit is carrying out mop up operation. Please recalled that the Chief of Army Staff visited the troops' location on 7th July 2016.

Thank you for your kind and usual cooperation.

Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman
Acting Director Army Public Relations

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:24am On Jul 14, 2016
MORE....

***********WARNING DISTURBING IMAGES ************

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rugged7(m): 7:40am On Jul 14, 2016
Very beautiful pictures!!!

Good one from the Nigerian army.

Na so E suppose dey bi.... grin grin grin

bidexiii:
MORE....

***********WARNING DISTURBING IMAGES ************
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:22am On Jul 14, 2016
rugged7:
Very beautiful pictures!!!

Good one from the Nigerian army.

Na so E suppose dey bi.... grin grin grin

shocked...... . ........ grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:53am On Jul 14, 2016
His these video kudunga or Kukawa ...........?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0DDgfK9zn8

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 9:44am On Jul 14, 2016
bidexiii:
His these video kudunga or Kukawa ...........?
There should be a Movie made about Kondunga.Very few Nigerians know that Kondunga was the turning point for the Nigerian Army.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0DDgfK9zn8
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Dream2(m): 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2016
bidexiii:

Yeap we predicted it and the frontline troops should be on there guard because more his still coming there way!

Considering the amount of cache of weapons and vehicles captured, they would be "gingered" to carry out a other attack to stalk there armory.
Then DOOM await them,moreover to me those pictures aint graphic but a very beautiful ones,LOL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.