Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,633 members, 7,847,648 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:20 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (2188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3060579 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2185) (2186) (2187) (2188) (2189) (2190) (2191) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:47pm On Jan 13
Kenya Elite Forces: DCI-ERT ANTI-TERROR COMMANDOS

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:48pm On Jan 13
bidexiii:
Kenya Elite Forces: DCI-ERT ANTI-TERROR COMMANDOS

More......

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 5:52pm On Jan 13
bidexiii:

Proforce MRAP In the Frontline
This is one of their APC. I think the Gov isn't doing well by not giving Proforce more orders.

Finally the Ministry of Interior must be given special attention in this time. That ministry must be able to handle internal security operations. We can learn from Kenya

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:55pm On Jan 13
Odunayaw:
[/b]This is one of their APC[b] I think the Gov isn't doing well by not giving Proforce more orders.

Finally the Ministry of Interior must be given special attention in this time. That ministry must be able to handle internal security operations. We can learn from Kenya

Whose APC ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:28pm On Jan 13
bidexiii:

Whose APC ?
Proforce na
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:59pm On Jan 14
GOODWILL MESSAGE FROM THE CHIEF OF DEFENCE STAFF GENERAL CG MUSA OFR ON THE OCCASION OF THE ARMED FORCES CELEBRATION  AND  REMEMBRANCE  DAY  2024

1. It is with great pleasure that I felicitate with all officers and men of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on this solemn occasion of the Armed Forces Celebration and Remembrance Day 2024. As we all know, this event is conducted annually to commemorate the unwavering commitment and heroism demonstrated by our nation’s servicemen and women in various military operations. Additionally, this day holds great significance as it provides us the opportunity to reflect on the sacrifices, bravery and commitment of our fallen heroes in defending the territorial integrity of our country.  We remember and pay our collective tribute to them for their sacrifices not just today, but every day as they gave ‘their today’ for ‘our tomorrow’. 

2. On this special occasion, let me also honour and acknowledge the immeasurable contributions of our gallant officers and men both serving and retired. Your selfless dedication to service in protecting our nation's freedom and security have resulted in the relative peace which we enjoy today. I assure of my unremitting support as you continue to uphold our values of respect for the rule of law, professionalism, loyalty to constituted authority, discipline, selfless service and courage. For those who have suffered one form of injury or the other, we appreciate you and we will continue to pray for your quick recovery. Similarly, for those who have passed on, we thank you for your great sacrifices.  Always remember that all your efforts and steadfast devotion in defence of our democracy and national unity in line with our constitutional roles will never be in vain.

3. Furthermore, as we reflect on the gains achieved so far, I charge you to remain resolute in defeating all forms of security threats so as to ensure enduring peace and security in every area of our dear nation.  On my own part, I will continue to prioritize your welfare while steering the affairs of the armed forces in line with my leadership philosophy which is “To Nurture a Professional Armed Forces of Nigeria that is People Centric, Capable of Meeting its Constitutional Responsibilities in a Joint and Collaborative Environment”. I therefore urge you to continue to remain vigilant and uncompromising in the discharge of your constitutional responsibilities.

4. Worthy of note, our profound gratitude goes to His Excellency, Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR, President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, for his numerous and timely support to the Armed Forces of Nigeria.  I assure Mr President of our unalloyed loyalty and commitment in defending our nation’s democratic values whilst ensuring peace and cohesion in the country. Similarly, let me appreciate our esteemed families, particularly our spouses, for their inestimable roles in keeping the home front whenever duty beckons on us. Your untold sacrifices as a result of our prolonged absence have been impactful and productive. This is evident in the qualitative outputs of the men and women of the Armed Forces of Nigeria in their respective areas of national assignment. While appreciating you in this regard, I implore you to sustain your efforts in ensuring that our homes remain peaceful.

5. On this note, let me once again congratulate all my gallant officers and men on this auspicious and significant occasion. I wish you all a successful Armed Forces Celebration and Remembrance Day 2024. God bless the Armed Forces of Nigeria and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

General CG Musa                                                   
Chief of Defence Staff
14th January 2023
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:18am On Jan 15
[/b]ARMED FORCES CELEBRATION & REMEMBRANCE DAY

To Our Brave & Gallant soldiers; Thanks to every heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country. Your service and dedication can never be repaid[b]

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:23pm On Jan 15
bidexiii:
[/b]ARMED FORCES CELEBRATION & REMEMBRANCE DAY

To Our Brave & Gallant soldiers; Thanks to every heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country. Your service and dedication can never be repaid[b]

SALUTE TO OUR FALLEN HEROES #ArmedForcesRemembranceDay2024

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:00am On Jan 16
Congolese Special Forces

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:24am On Jan 16

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:27am On Jan 17
Ethiopian Air Force received two old variants of the Russian-built Su-30 fighter jets.

The two jets are likely Su-30MK/K jets, originally built for India.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:18am On Jan 17
[/b]EXCLUSIVE: Troops Intensify Offensive, Neutralize Scores of Boko Haram/I SWAP Terrorists, Clear 25 Camps[b]

By: Zagazola Makama

Troops of Operation Hadin Kai have successfully neutralized scores of Boko Haram/Islamic State of the West African Province (ISWAP) fighters during a significant week-long offensive against terrorists in the northeast of Borno State.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama, a counterinsurgency expert and security analyst in the Lake Chad region, that the land and air offensive, which began on January 7, 2024, as part of Operation Desert Sanity III, also resulted in the clearance and destruction of over 25 terrorist camps in the Sambisa Forest and the Timbuktu Triangle.

The sources reported that during one of the fierce offensives by the troops of the 21 Armored Brigade in Bama, they encountered terrorists in Ukuba, Sambisa, and engaged them with heavy firepower. As a result of the encounter, 11 ISWAP fighters were neutralized, which caused the remaining terrorists to scatter and flee in disarray. During the clash, one gun truck loaded with ammunition exploded and burnt.

The troops recovered various weapons and equipment, including one anti-aircraft gun, one rocket-propelled grenade tube, one general-purpose machine gun (GPMG), two RPG chargers, five AK-47 rifles, a terrorist flag, two pickup vans, and one grinding machine mill, among other items. Continuing their offensive operations deeper into the Sambisa Forest, the troops cleared areas such as Garin Abu Umaru, New/Old Mjimia, Garin Munzo, Alafa 1, and Alafa 2. An alleged Amir of Garin Munzo and five other fighters were intercepted and neutralized, while newly established camps were discovered and destroyed.

The source highlighted the team's bravery and commitment, which significantly contributed to the dislodgement of terrorists from numerous locations including New Goske, Garin Abbas, Garin Ba'aba, Korege, Arra, Garin Abu Amina, Garin Noma, Garin Malam Ma'azu, Garin Fallujah, Ukuba, Sabil Huda, Garin Munzo, Garin Abu Umaru, New Njimia, Garin Adamu, and a farmland in Dure at Balar, Yaro Bulamari, Yaro Goni Krumidi, Yaro Lawanti, and Yaro Umaradi, among others.

However, while en route to clear these locations, a patrol team triggered an IED around 1530hrs near Alagarno. Fortunately, no casualties were sustained, but the armored personnel carrier sustained damage to its rear track and two turbochargers.

Simultaneously, the troops of the 26 Task Force Brigade advanced and cleared Boko Haram enclaves in Amadaga Madachi and Amadaga villages in Gwoza LGA. The suspected terrorists fled upon noticing the troops' advance. The troops continued toward Gobara, where they made contact with the enemy, who fled with injuries as evidenced by traces of blood.

In another encounter, the troops of the 159 Battalion and 199 Special Forces Battalion, in conjunction with the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF), cleared terrorist enclaves at BBalar, Yaro Bulamari, Yaro Goni Krumidi, Yaro Lawanti, and Yaro Umaradi. No contact with the enemy was made during this operation.

In Yobe State, the troops of the 27 Task Force Brigade continued their advances and cleared the area of Gol. They discovered and safely detonated one IED. The terrorists fled the scene, abandoning 67 bags of assorted grains in an underground storage, along with ammunition.

Additionally, the troops ambushed and neutralized two ISWAP terrorists at Katarko along the road to Yobe State University and recovered two AK-47 rifles.

As the offensive persisted, troops of the 29 Task Force Brigade cleared Galengi and Dusuri. About 2 km ahead of Tobolo, contact was made with enemy combatants. The troops engaged the terrorists in a gunfight, killing two and recovering their weapons.

The troops also cleared Arimarim and Koborori villages. Before reaching Galengi, they encountered and neutralized one terrorist, recovering a dane gun. A terrorist camp was set ablaze during the operation.

Despite facing challenges such as difficult terrain, IED threats, and other issues, the troops have maintained their momentum, focusing on and remaining determined to pursue and decimate the fleeing terrorists wherever they are found in the Sambisa Forest.

According to the source, ISWAP commanders, including Abu Aisha (Khaid) and four assistant commanders (Munzir) — Bako, Mallam Abubakar, Abu Ibrahim, Hanzala (also a Khaid) — are currently on the run. Nevertheless, the troops are resolute in their determination to hunt them down.

https://zagazola.org/index.php/breaking-news-edit/exclusive-troops-intensify-offensive-neutralize-scores-of-boko-haram-i-swap-terrorists-clear-25-camps

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:21am On Jan 17
More..

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:22am On Jan 17
bidexiii:
More..

More Operational photos..

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:24am On Jan 17
bidexiii:

More photos

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:26am On Jan 17
Conclusion

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:31am On Jan 17
bidexiii:

Noticed the soldier raising a qaudcoptor drone ?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:04pm On Jan 17
[/b]Aerial picture of the explosion in Ibadan, Oyo State Nigeria. This is not Gaza, this is Ibadan !

Civilians/Illegal minners stock piling Explosive in residential areas, explosives that can level off a whole town.
I have watched videos of people who felt the impact has fas has Sango & UCH area. God save us in this country called Nigeria[b]

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:00pm On Jan 18
Visit of Naval cadets of 71 Regular Course, Nigerian Defence Academy to Nigerian Navy Ship PATHFINDER, Port Harcourt on Thursday 18 January 2024 for routine study tour from Nigerian Naval College Onne.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:01pm On Jan 18
#NPF

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:22pm On Jan 19
bidexiii:
#NPF

Can anyone ID this NPF APC ?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:58pm On Jan 20
bidexiii:
[/b]WATCH
A Footage Of NA Gun Battle With Terrorists/Kidnappers Along Kaduna-Abuja Axis. What’s Your Take On This Video?[b]

https:///General_Somto/status/1746105939076280666?s=20

Another video of gun battle duel with NA and kidnappers.

https://twitter.com/General_Somto/status/1748379678807593054?t=U0KpuCTcPuCDllr1DvTLug&s=19
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:10pm On Jan 20
Police Tactical Squads reportedly Arrest Abuja-Based Kidnappers, Gunrunners, Recover Weapons. Also 3 Bwari-based kidnappers arrested by IRT according to Force PRO.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:58pm On Jan 20
The kidnap for ransome business booming currently is the stench of issues like arms proliferation this country swept under the rug.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Floky215: 7:31pm On Jan 20
Odunayaw:
The kidnap for ransome business booming currently is the stench of issues like arms proliferation this country swept under the rug.

Legalise arm and the nonesense would stop by force...!!
Any kidnapper would have a rethink before they attack any estate they know is fully armed like themselves...!!

The way it is now, things are gradually going overboard and I don't think the civilians got the will power and capability to fight this monster due to politics....!!

Declare marshal law and let the army taken over our forest within some few years, a lot of clean up would have been done, the police and dss can concentrate on those within the urban areas and liquidate them in conjuction with vigilantes..!!

2-4 years the country is return back to default mode then the civil rule can return and continue.!!

Bottom line is the will power and less corruption...!!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 8:06pm On Jan 20
Floky215:

Any kidnapper would have a rethink before they attack any estate they know is fully armed like themselves...!!

The way it is now, things are gradually going overboard and I don't think the civilians got the will power and capability to fight this monster due to politics....!!

Declare marshal law and let the army taken over our forest within some few years, a lot of clean up would have been done, the police and dss can concentrate on those within the urban areas and liquidate them in conjuction with vigilantes..!!

2-4 years the country is return back to default mode then the civil rule can return and continue.!!

I don't see how more guns helps. This are not petty robbers. Beside it is one thing to have a gun and another thing to be skilled with it.

Also, declaring marshal law is one of the problems I point out often. Which is, our security apparatus adopt a reactionary approach to their job and that's why we have multiple Operation so-so around the country.

Security is a holistic approach

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:07pm On Jan 20
Floky215:

If they legalize arm's in this country, things would go from worst to he'll. Don't even dive in that direction.

The NPF approach is totally wrong with their fire Brigade approach, We only see this show of force when such crimes are at extreme.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Floky215: 8:40pm On Jan 20
bidexiii:

If they legalize arm's in this country, things would go from worst to he'll. Don't even dive in that direction.

The NPF approach is totally wrong with their fire Brigade approach, We only see this show of force when such crimes are at extreme.

Not at all, Algeria did it and succeeded.. the only difference with Nigeria is those oppressing the masses would be living in fear of revolt.!!

All things been equal with a good functioning system and equity, nobody would think of using the gun for any bad activities..!!

I just hope the it doesn't go beyond repair before the military act to save the country..!!

This practice of kidnappers coming to pick people from their homes is becoming something else
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:11pm On Jan 20
Floky215:

Not at all, Algeria did it and succeeded.. the only difference with Nigeria is those oppressing the masses would be living in fear of revolt.!!

All things been equal with a good functioning system and equity, nobody would think of using the gun for any bad activities..!!

I just hope the it doesn't go beyond repair before the military act to save the country..!!

This practice of kidnappers coming to pick people from their homes is becoming something else

Nigeria and Algeria are not the same, Nigerians tends to abuse and overuse privileges ;Dc
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Floky215: 10:22pm On Jan 20
bidexiii:

Nigeria and Algeria are not the same, Nigerians tends to abuse and overuse privileges ;Dc

"Nigerian tend to abuse" who told you that? That's the same mentality people carry around and things get from bad to worst..!! The only people who would be afraid of such freedom are the politicians themselves and any other who want to be anti mass..!!

We have more unstable people in the USA than Nigeria...all the leaders need do is to make thing right for the people and the rest would be smooth with the corporation of the people...!!
"He who must come to equity must come with a clean hand"

Nigerians are independent people who don't want people to tell them what to do, give the masses a chance and see as things turn around.!
The greatest enemies of this country are the politicians..!! This you can take to the bank..!!

Discount the politicians and see as the country settles...!!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 10:57pm On Jan 20
Odunayaw:
I don't see how more guns helps. This are not petty robbers. Beside it is one thing to have a gun and another thing to be skilled with it.

Also, declaring marshal law is one of the problems I point out often. Which is, our security apparatus adopt a reactionary approach to their job and that's why we have multiple Operation so-so around the country.

Security is a holistic approach

This, so much this!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:12pm On Jan 20
Self propelled israeli made Cardom "Hatchet" 120 mm mortar systemof the Cameroonian Army

(1) (2) (3) ... (2185) (2186) (2187) (2188) (2189) (2190) (2191) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.