Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:33 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3148881 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:00am On Aug 07, 2017
Concl Images...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 7:24am On Aug 07, 2017
bidexiii:

There is nothing expensive about equipping/gearing every NA soldier , its the mentality if for every infantry men especially that has to be changed.

They keep the good/clean uniform and gear and wear the ragtag gear one to fromtline duties.
Because ours was sourced from outside, it's a bit more expensive. The soldier rifle on its own is the most expensive. We can cut down in half if we locally produced our own rifles.

In other areas, local industries can be serious if they were needed to locally produce some of the items he's wearing. Tactical vests (without plates inserted yet) can be sewn up. However knowing the bureaucracy of payment and what not, Nigeria and the government can be an INCREDIBLY frustrating experience after you would have expended tens/hundreds of millions to set up.

The Chinese soldiers spend about $1500 against $10000~ for American soldiers per load out respectively. In between those numbers is an ideal figure that strikes the right balance in quality and cost effectiveness for our soldiers.

Away from that, consider the Chinese don't also use knee pads, elbow pads, etc and focus less on equipping than The American whose camouflage is standard fire retardant.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:40am On Aug 07, 2017
UPDATE ON OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE: TROOPS AMBUSH BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS, DESTROY IED FACTORY

On Saturday 5th August 2017, troops of 151 Battalion, 21 Brigade Nigerian Army, Operation LAFIYA DOLE, sprang an ambush on suspected Boko Haram terrorists along Miyanti-Banki Junction. The gallant troops neutralized 12 Boko Haram terrorists and recovered 18 bicycles, 30 bags of flour, 1 bag of groundnut, 2 bags of salt, 2 baskets of kola nut and 5 torch lights. Other items recovered a carton of mixed juice sachets, 4 rolls of brocade material, 2 packets of sweet, 1 carton of washing soap, 5 packets of cold patch, 2 packet of Maggi cubes 2 pairs of bathroom slippers, 2 packets of yeasts, 4 packets of Vedan, 2 rolls of sewing thread, 4 kegs of herbicide, 14 packets of insecticide, 1 keg of groundnut oil, a bag of pepper and cash sum of Four Thousand Naira (N4,000.00).

Similarly, troops of 81 Task Force Battalion of 22 Brigade Nigerian Army, on Operation LAFIYA DOLE, on Saturday 5th August 2017, while on patrol cleared Boko Haram terrorists ambush along Dukje-Mada road near Gulumba Gana village. The troops neutralized quite a number of the terrorists' ambush party and recovered weapons. Unfortunately 2 soldiers lost their lives when their vehicle stepped on an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) buried along the road, while 4 others sustained injuries. The remains of the gallant soldiers that paid the supreme price and the wounded have been evacuated to Maiduguri.

On the same day too, troops of 22 Brigade Garrison Nigerian Army on patrol to Abdiri village, Dikwa Local Government Area, Borno State recovered 9 primed cylinders from the terrorists Improvised Explosive Devices making factory at the area. They destroyed the factory along with the materials.

In addition, on Sunday 6th August 2017, troops of 28 Task Force Brigade Nigerian Army also sprang an ambush against suspected Boko Haram terrorists at Kafin Hausa, Madagali Local Government Area of Adamawa State. They neutralized one Boko Haram terrorist and recovered an AK-47 rifle with registration number 02527 MTD and a magazine.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Brigadier General Sani Kukasheka Usman
Director Army Public Relations

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 11:13am On Aug 07, 2017
#COIN

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:22pm On Aug 07, 2017
#Egyptian_army task force 777 member on Sand-X T-ATV 1200 All-Terrain Vehicle

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:23pm On Aug 07, 2017
#Egyptian_Navy will receive its second Type 209/1400 submarine S42 during hours

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2017
In the overall ranking so far for the participating teams in Russia's International Army Games, #Egyptian_team is ranked sixth among 28 team

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2017
#Egyptian_army #UAE-made NIMR AJBAN-440 4x4 Logistic & utility vehicle in #Sinai

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:25pm On Aug 07, 2017
#LNA NIMR Jais 4x4 mine protected multi-purpose vehicles and Caiman MRAP in #Benghazi #Libya

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:27pm On Aug 07, 2017
Egypt has been ranked the third at the international level with regard to contributing to police peacekeeping forces deployed worldwide.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:30pm On Aug 07, 2017
Commencement of #Yarmouk3 the #Egypt|ian #Kuwait|i Air forces exercise, #integration #groundsupport #dogfight #f18 #f16 & others

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2017
Sandstorm in invading a French military base.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2017
#Egypt- @EgyArmySpox photos of tunnel connecting North #Sinai and #Gaza that was uncovered by the military

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2017
bidexiii:
U.S. Approves Sale Of 12 A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft To Nigeria Despite Concerns

http://saharareporters.com/2017/08/03/us-approves-sale-12-29-super-tucano-aircraft-nigeria-despite-concerns

THE WORST NEWS I HAVE HEARD WITH REGARD TO THE NIGERIAN MILITARY IN THE LAST 4 YEARS.

If you gave me that Budget I would have Boko rendered impotent in 2/3 weeks and comatose within 9 weeks in 12 weeks extend situational awareness to within the entire lake Chad basin.

Extend capacity for strike operations to Boko partners in Libya and Mali within 2 months.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
komekn:

THE WORST NEWS I HAVE HEARD WITH REGARD TO THE NIGERIAN MILITARY IN THE LAST 4 YEARS.

If you gave me that Budget I would have Boko rendered impotent in 2/3 weeks and comatose within 9 weeks in 12 weeks extend situational awareness to within the entire lake Chad basin.

Extend capacity for strike operations to Boko partners in Libya and Mali within 2 months.

There are worst contract in the past that we didnt heard of.... . I:e the T72's etc..

The super tucano is what we really need(its an COIN ASSETS) with a lot of capability to come with. Although the contract looks overpriced.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2017
#COIN
#SF

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:26pm On Aug 08, 2017
AIR POWER CRITICAL TO COMPLETE DEFEAT OF BOKO HARAM – CAS

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has stated that global experience shows that air power is critical to the defeat of asymmetric warfare such as the Boko Haram insurgency. He said this on 7 August 2017 while visiting the frontline troops at the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Base in Yola. “All hands must therefore be on deck to ensure the effective projection of air power to complete the defeat of the Boko Haram challenge”, he said. Accordingly, the CAS urged all the personnel to ensure that all the NAF aircraft committed to Operation LAFIYA DOLE remained serviceable and operational for the NAF to effectively project air power. He also assured the personnel that the Service Chiefs had started exploring how to improve the synergy among the 3 Services towards putting a final end to the Boko Haram menace.

While on the visit, Air Marshal Abubakar expressed appreciation to the NAF personnel for their continuous selfless efforts towards ensuring that Nigerians are able to go about their normal businesses without fear. He also commended their efforts in maintaining aircraft and associated equipment, which had enabled the NAF to fly over 9000 hours in the previous 2 years alone, in prosecution of the counterinsurgency operations. The CAS added that there was no doubt that the security situation in the country had improved but he was quick to add that the NAF could still do more, especially in view of the recent setbacks. Air Marshal Abubakar therefore charged the personnel to redouble their efforts at further ensuring the security of the country, remarking that Nigerians expected more considering the huge taxpayers’ resources being expended to sustain the operations.

While making comments, most of the personnel appreciated the efforts of the NAF leadership in creating a conducive environment to operate. A few highlighted some challenges bordering on operational, training and welfare matters whereas others suggested additional infrastructural development to enable them function better. The CAS promptly addressed all the issues raised, to the satisfaction of the personnel. He subsequently cautioned the personnel on the need to take absolute care of the equipment entrusted in their care as well as to always adhere to all the safety standards and procedures already in place. The CAS also seized the opportunity to inspect ongoing projects on the NAF Base in Yola.

Air Marshal Abubakar later returned to Maiduguri, where the Air Component Commander briefed the Honourable Minister of Defence, Mansur Mohammed Dan Ali and the Chairman Senate Committee on Defence, Senator Abubakar Kyari on recent air operations. Afterwards, both the Minister and the Chairman took turns to address the NAF officers, praising them for their professionalism and dedication to duty. The Minister and the CAS also addressed some of the NAF Special Forces, who are fighting alongside the land forces.

The main essence of the visit was to enable the CAS thank the personnel for their efforts, listen to their inputs and possible challenges as well as to urge them to show more commitment to the ongoing counterinsurgency operations.

DOPRI

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:27pm On Aug 08, 2017
More....

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by newafricaken254: 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
nigeria Federal Government unveils 5 New Super Mushshak aircraft acquired from Pakistan

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
Concl Images...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:39pm On Aug 08, 2017
newafricaken254:
nigeria Federal Government unveils 5 New Super Mushshak aircraft acquired from Pakistan

Please when was these...?

Was it the recently delivered mushahak, that was commissioned .
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by iblawi(m): 9:14pm On Aug 08, 2017
bidexiii:

Yes na
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 08, 2017
bidexiii:

http://insidearewa.com.ng/2017/08/08/fg-unveils-5-new-super-mushshak-aircraft-acquired-pakistan/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 1:21am On Aug 09, 2017
bidexiii:

There are worst contract in the past that we didnt heard of.... . I:e the T72's etc..

The super tucano is what we really need(its an COIN ASSETS) with a lot of capability to come with. Although the contract looks overpriced.

Procurement is about best value from the resources available to you.

I disagree with you completely on that , the first question to qualify value is comparison. In this regard considering the limited resources we have or are prepared to spend. Is this the best use of our limited resources and the most effective value we can get.

Our airforce is characterised by 30 year old air frame in the name of Alpha jets. And rebadged Mig 21 from the Chinese in the name of Chengdu F7. Yes updated avionics, radars and target acquisition software. But there are many after marker kits available to do it yourself at far less cost. You can pick up a used Mig 21 with very low air miles for under $500k.

The question is best value and the most effective use of our resources for highest level of outcome delivery.

I could easily write a 20,000 word strategic delivery paper document. Over a 5 year short-term cycle for our procurement that will give us effective impact and complete battlefield superiority and dominance.

So where do I start, I will not but I will raise some issues to ponder.

The Super Tucano is considerably slower than the WW2 Spitfire (Shocking but true) and has about the same payload but a longer range. May seem shocking, but the Tucano is not armoured either some kevlar nothing serious. It's mounted with FLIR, GMTI, modern avionics, target acquisition, Etc The ability of the Tucano is not in the airframe but the added modern day military avionic electronics.

This war will be won with boots on the ground not with $600 million worth very limited impact turboprop planes.

The next question is how easy will it be too shoot down those slow moving aircraft in thier ground attack missions. Particularly with the number of anti aircraft guns available to Boko Hmmmm

Alternatives and best options in the particular area of operation i.e. Sambisa. My approach would be to scour the former eastern block countries and pick up 24 Sukhoi Su-25 Frogfoot (aka Flying tank) possibly with a bit of good bargaining and yes some under the table payments. $1.5 million a piece, add in the obligatory upgrades of avionics, fire systems, counter measures, GMTI, etc. Possible another £500k a piece. Be aware this is one of the few truly armoured airframe available, can take a hit of HMG fire and survive. Finally maintenance is zilch can even operate on petrol very low maintenance costs can easily land and take off on a main roads. This frame has had considerable success in Syria for the Russians.

From the ground perspective, what is needed is the full spectrum of at least 1000 APC's, IFV's, MRAP's and LAV's all with mine protection. I would ban entirely from the Nigerian armed forces the use of soft skinned pick-up trucks. The airforce will support not lead in this war.

The ground forces need huge investment. The entire communication infrastructure and battlefield field management needs to modernised and revamped.

How much will it cost to get 10,000 modern day reliable assault rifles all with optic sights. Scour again former eastern block countries possible western nations too. Options are too many good bargaining and no Egunje anything from $300 to $500 with a collaborative licence for local manufacturer. That amounts to a mere $3 million plus less than the annual allowance and salary of just 2/3 senators.

Think the Barely M762 is a very good upgrade on the AK47 should have come standard with optics. I think the $600+ unit price we paid is quite steep though

My preference would be the Israeli AK Alpha almost zero recoil far greater accuracy and integrated optics but with the same ruggedness. It is ambidextrous adaptable options with the stock. With optional addition on its rail. Not sure what it costs but bulk purchase opens negotiation for lower pricing.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 1:24am On Aug 09, 2017
bidexiii:

Procurement is about best value from the resources available to you.

I disagree with you completely on that , the first question to qualify value is comparison. In this regard considering the limited resources we have or are prepared to spend. Is this the best use of our limited resources and the most effective value we can get.

Our airforce is characterised by still very effective 30 year old air framse in the name of Alpha jets. And rebadged Mig 21 from the Chinese in the name of Chengdu F7. Yes updated avionics, radars and target acquisition software no improvement to airframe beyond mire powerful engines. But there are many after marker kits and contractors available to do it at far less cost. You can pick up a used Mig 21 with very low air miles for under $500k.

The question is best value and the most effective use of our resources for highest level of outcome delivery.

I could easily write a 20,000 word strategic delivery paper document. Over a 5 year short-term cycle for our procurement that will give us effective impact and complete battlefield superiority and dominance.

So where do I start, I will not but I will raise some issues to ponder.

The Super Tucano is considerably slower than the WW2 Spitfire (Shocking but true) and has about the same payload but a longer range. May seem shocking, but the Tucano is not armoured either some kevlar nothing serious. It's mounted with FLIR, GMTI, modern avionics, target acquisition, Etc The ability of the Tucano is not in the airframe but the added modern day military avionic electronics.

This war will be won with boots on the ground not with $600 million worth very limited impact turboprop planes.

The next question is how easy will it be too shoot down those slow moving aircraft in thier ground attack missions. Particularly with the number of anti aircraft guns available to Boko Hmmmm

Alternatives and best options in the particular area of operation i.e. Sambisa. My approach would be to scour the former eastern block countries and pick up 24 Sukhoi Su-25 Frogfoot (aka Flying tank) possibly with a bit of good bargaining and yes some under the table payments. $1.5 million a piece, add in the obligatory upgrades of avionics, fire systems, counter measures, GMTI, etc. Possible another £500k a piece. Be aware this is one of the few truly armoured airframe available, can take a hit of HMG fire and survive. Finally maintenance is zilch can even operate on petrol very low maintenance costs can easily land and take off on a main roads. This frame has had considerable success in Syria for the Russians.

From the ground perspective, what is needed is the full spectrum of at least 1000 APC's, IFV's, MRAP's and LAV's all with mine protection. I would ban entirely from the Nigerian armed forces the use of soft skinned pick-up trucks. The airforce will support not lead in this war.

The ground forces need huge investment. The entire communication infrastructure and battlefield field management needs to modernised and revamped.

How much will it cost to get 10,000 modern day reliable assault rifles all with optic sights. Scour again former eastern block countries possible western nations too. Options are too many good bargaining and no Egunje anything from $300 to $500 with a collaborative licence for local manufacturer. That amounts to a mere $3 million plus less than the annual allowance and salary of just 2/3 senators.

Think the Barely M762 is a very good upgrade on the AK47 should have come standard with optics. I think the $600+ unit price we paid is quite steep though

My preference would be the Israeli AK Alpha almost zero recoil far greater accuracy and integrated optics but with the same ruggedness. It is ambidextrous adaptable options with the stock. With optional addition on its rail. Not sure what it costs but bulk purchase opens negotiation for lower pricing.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:06am On Aug 09, 2017
Bright Star military exercises are scheduled to take place next month in #Egypt with the U.S. & other participants taking part in it

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:07am On Aug 09, 2017
Egyptian sailors at the ceremony for the reception of #Egypt's second S42 Type-209/1400 submarine, will arrive in Alexandria in 3 weeks.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:14am On Aug 09, 2017
#Important: 3 terrorists killed in Qena, Upper #Egypt in a raid carried out by Police Special Ops.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:18am On Aug 09, 2017
#Egyptian soldier from #999 #Counterterrorism Forces with the Beretta ARX-160

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:19am On Aug 09, 2017
#Libya: Two IEDs rendered safe in #Benghazi. Large pressure plate device placed across the width of the road to target vehicles

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:36am On Aug 09, 2017
U.S. KILLS AL-SHABAB LEADER IN SOMALIA IN DRONE ATTACK

http://www.newsweek.com/us-military-al-shabab-trump-somalia-646462
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:37am On Aug 09, 2017
Al-Shabaab captures AU base in southern Somalia town

MOGADISHU, Aug. 4 (Xinhua) -- Somalia militant group Al-Shabaab on Friday captured an African Union peacekeeping mission base in Lego town in lower Shabelle region in the south of the country after Burundian contingent withdrew early in the morning, officials said.
A Somali military official who declined to be named confirmed to Xinhua that the AU's Lego base is now under Al-Shabaab militants while Burundian troops and Somalia National Army (SNA) vacated from the base.
"African Union peacekeeping troops from Burundian emptied their biggest military base today, I cannot tell the reason but I can confirm their withdrawal from Lego base in lower Shabelle region," the official said.
Heavily armed Al-Shabaab militants immediately moved in Lego town after the troops' withdrawal, according to eyewitnesses.
Al-Shabaab militants celebrated the withdrawal of the AU troops from Lego base in Lower Shabelle as a great victory to their fighters.
Dozens of AMISOM Burundian contingent were killed in June 2015 after Al-Shabaab fighters raided their base in Lego. The group claimed they killed over 50 soldiers there.
The group has carried out deadliest attacks at African Union peacekeeping troops in Lego and Janale in Lower Shabelle region, El-Adde in Gedo region and Kulbiyow base in Lower Jubba region in southern Somalia in the past three years.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2017-08/05/c_136500742.htm

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (2212) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.