Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3035820 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 3:20pm On Jan 23, 2018
Derby be like what are they discussing.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 3:22pm On Jan 23, 2018
[quote author=tdayof post=64435246]

Government forces operate AK-103. Even men of the Nigerian Police Force.

That picture you uploaded could have just been attached there. That's our Nigerian media do.

Edit : I found a topic with that picture from 2016. IMO, I'll say this was either bought from black market or taken during an ambush on NPF. [/quote
NPF were using AK103 since 2010-.Infact the first shipments were during the GEJ regime.]
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by M14A1: 4:01pm On Jan 23, 2018
author=LTGEN post=64448461]
NSCDC fields ak103 as well
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:05pm On Jan 23, 2018
#CION

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Josfactz: 6:13pm On Jan 23, 2018
I love the new tactical look of the troops in the front
I will suggest, Soldiers use for I.SO should also wear such to increase morale of civies in the military
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 23, 2018
What pro force refers to as its improvised combat vehicle seen on active deployment. indigenous companies saving lives cool

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 23, 2018
This may sound like it’s extremely lacking foresight but why can’t FG sell Dicon to a consortium of proforce, a special department of IVM dealing in military vehicles and a Chinese or south African defense company with adequate tech

FG has invested billions in that company over the past 2-3 years with nothing to show for it.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 9:32pm On Jan 23, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
This may sound like it’s extremely lacking foresight but why can’t FG sell Dicon to a consortium of proforce, a special department of IVM dealing in military vehicles and a Chinese or south African defense company with adequate tech

FG has invested billions in that company over the past 2-3 years with nothing to show for it.

Invested billions in Dicon? That company looks like its worth nothing less than #150M shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 9:33pm On Jan 23, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
What pro force refers to as its improvised combat vehicle seen on active deployment. indigenous companies saving lives cool

When it comes to design, Proforce has it. cheesy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by gboye1999: 9:48pm On Jan 23, 2018
tdayof:

When it comes to design, Proforce has it. cheesy

Great design yes.
Just some questions if you have more details about the vehicle.
Are all doors and windows armored or it's engine protection and the rear casement protected?

Isnt it possible to have the back seat windows with similar holes you have at the passenger front seat? Or you think its not necessary?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 23, 2018
tdayof:

Invested billions in Dicon? That company looks like its worth nothing less than #150M shocked
When I have time I will take screenshots of 2016 and 17 FG budget for DICON, scrolling through it is a pain in ...
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 23, 2018
Interesting technicals being used by either Turkish SOF or FSA, firepower is key

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:15pm On Jan 23, 2018
tdayof:

grin grin grin shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 10:16pm On Jan 23, 2018
gboye1999:

Great design yes.
Just some questions if you have more details about the vehicle.
Are all doors and windows armored or it's engine protection and the rear casement protected?

Isnt it possible to have the back seat windows with similar holes you have at the passenger front seat? Or you think its not necessary?

Toyota hilux being used in the north east are armored. An AFSF once wrote a post on how it saved them during an intense battle with bokoharam where he claimed they (BHT) used human shield.

You mean the tint hole?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 10:17pm On Jan 23, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

When I have time I will take screenshots of 2016 and 17 FG budget for DICON, scrolling through it is a pain in ...

I hope they don't have anything except workers salary in 2018 budget.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:24pm On Jan 23, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
Interesting technicals being used by either Turkish SOF or FSA, firepower is key

I like the 2nd technical...

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 23, 2018
tdayof:

I hope they don't have anything except workers salary in 2018 budget.
pic 1, in 2016 4.914 billion
in 2017 total allocation 4.79 billion
2018 proposed 4.94 billion
thats aprox 5 billion Naira year in year out, several capital projects (APC assembly plant, beryl M762 rifle assembly plant) still existing only on paper.

I mean if you convert that money into USD I guess its not a lot so Federal government should quit being stingy and fund DICON with real money or sell it.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 11:22pm On Jan 23, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
pic 1, in 2016 4.914 billion
in 2017 total allocation 4.79 billion
2018 proposed 4.94 billion
thats aprox 5 billion Naira year in year out, several capital projects (APC assembly plant, beryl M762 rifle assembly plant) still existing only on paper.

I mean if you convert that money into USD I guess its not a lot so Federal government should quit being stingy and fund DICON with real money or sell it.

DICON has nothing to show with the previous billions. Yes the money isn't that much but then when you have nothing to show from billions you've been eating and you're not generating enough revenue then how will the government be impressed in funding them.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by gboye1999: 5:21am On Jan 24, 2018
tdayof:

Toyota hilux being used in the north east are armored. An AFSF once wrote a post on how it saved them during an intense battle with bokoharam where he claimed they (BHT) used human shield.

You mean the tint hole?

Thanks. No not tint hole
I meant the hole in the windshield on the passenger side. Seems for a gun though not sure.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:22am On Jan 24, 2018
NA SF POSES WITH RUFFLED FITTED WITH SOUND SUPPRESSOR.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:08am On Jan 24, 2018
PRESS RELEASE
NIGERIAN AIR FORCE REDEPLOYS AIR OFFICERS COMMANDING, 14 OTHER SENIOR OFFICERS

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has redeployed 3 Air Officers Commanding (AOCs) and 14 other senior officers as part of routine exercise at ensuring operational efficiency and effectiveness. The newly appointed AOCs are Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Oladayo Amao, who is now the AOC Tactical Air Command, Makurdi, AVM Mohammed Idris, who has been moved to Air Training Command, Kaduna as the AOC and AVM Remigus Ekeh, who is now the AOC Logistics Command, Lagos. In the same vein, AVM Ibrahim Yahaya, the erstwhile AOC Logistics Command, has now been appointed as the Chief of Administration, Headquarters NAF (HQ NAF) while AVM Christopher Okoye, who was the former AOC Air Training Command, has been redeployed to the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) as Director of Evaluation.

Also redeployed are AVM Olusoji Awomodu as Director of Operations at DHQ, AVM Okechukwu Ntukogu as Senior Air Staff Officer, Headquarters Mobility Command, Yenagoa, AVM Napoleon Bali as Director of Operations at HQ NAF, AVM Mahmoud Ahmed as Director of Legal Services at HQ NAF, AVM Dahiru Sanda as Director of Space Utility at DHQ and AVM Charles Ohwo as Director of Evaluation at HQ NAF. Similarly, Air Commodore Ado Inuwa has been appointed as the Deputy Commandant, Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, Air Commodore Aliyu Bello who was the former Commander 401 Flying Training School, Kaduna, is now the Director of Training at HQ NAF while Group Captain Ahmed Dari has been appointed as the Commander 401 Flying Training School, Kaduna. The postings take effect from 29 January 2018.

​​​​​​​​ ​​​​​
OA ADESANYA
Air Vice Marshal
​Director of Public
Relations & Information
Nigerian Air Force
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:53am On Jan 24, 2018
#Mali: Armored #MINUSMA vehicle struck by IED around 15h40 LT in the Aliou neighborhood of #Kidal

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:57am On Jan 24, 2018
#Niger: #ISWAP released a detailed photo report on last week's raid against a Nigerien army camp in Toumour, #Diffa Region using light and heavy weapons including KPV 14.5mm HMG, RPG-2, and shoulder-fired SPG-9 recoilless rifle .

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:59am On Jan 24, 2018
#Niger: Loads of arms and ammunition seized as booty cache.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:00am On Jan 24, 2018
#Niger: As well as three vehicles seized put on display, one with a Type 63 12-tube 107mm rocket launcher mounted .

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:03am On Jan 24, 2018
#Algeria: Militant with technical carrying a DshK 12.7mm HMG, 2 AKs and ammunition surrendered to the ANP in #Tamanrasset .

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by olapluto(m): 12:08pm On Jan 24, 2018
bidexiii:
#Niger: As well as three vehicles seized put on display, one with a Type 63 12-tube 107mm rocket launcher mounted .
I'm no prophet of doom, but I am pretty sure these weapons will be used on our soldiers within the next few weeks, unless they are destroyed by NAF. Almost every time Nigeria makes a gain with BHT, the terrorists find a way of looting a military base to reweaponise.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:36pm On Jan 24, 2018
olapluto:

I'm no prophet of doom, but I am pretty sure these weapons will be used on our soldiers within the next few weeks, unless they are destroyed by NAF. Almost every time Nigeria makes a gain with BHT, the terrorists find a way of looting a military base to reweaponise.

That's certain.....

Have seen these Toyota hilux couple of times mounted with rocket launchers with our troops during joint operations.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:49pm On Jan 24, 2018
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 1:20pm On Jan 24, 2018
bidexiii:

That's certain.....

Have seen these Toyota hilux couple of times mounted with rocket launchers with our troops during joint operations.

Yes I have also seen it before. Are you saying the vehicle doesn't originally belong to NA?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 1:24pm On Jan 24, 2018
There's a difference in work ethics between private and public sectors. (Proforce vs DICON)
Proforce knows better than sitting on their asses all day.
That the guys and management (DICON) know that even if they put in half a shift, they'll still get paid at the end of the month.

The same attitude is replicated all over, NA, NAF et al. No urgency or uptake of lessons to make sure tomorrow is better than today.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 1:44pm On Jan 24, 2018
tdayof:

Yes I have also seen it before. Are you saying the vehicle doesn't originally belong to NA?
Stolen from Niger or should I say gifted.
AFSF would be really busy these days

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.