Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,638 members, 7,847,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:58 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3060603 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (2203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 12:18pm On Jan 27, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

Now even the PR is in sync, NA releases a the story of what happened on the ground with pictures to support it and NAF releases footage of the same battle from the air! Awesome cool
Bad day to be a Boko terrorist. grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 27, 2018
Xbee007:

Bad day to be a Boko terrorist. grin grin grin
Teheheh, it appears revenge is a bitxh best served from the air via A jet.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:27pm On Jan 27, 2018
abiodunalasa:

This kind of news gives me hypomelanemia cheesy
ie a medical condition where every part of the body dances uncontrollably. grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:32pm On Jan 27, 2018
#RANDOM.....

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 27, 2018

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 27, 2018
bidexiii:
#RANDOM.....
My first reaction was “facck NA aviation is finally operational”
Then I realized that was the Pakistani army

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:12pm On Jan 27, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

My first reaction was “facck NA aviation is finally operational”
Then I realized that was the Pakistani army

Yeah... grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 3:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
Globe master at Abuja airport new terminal.
Conveying British troops or bringing weapons?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Ibrahimanis: 3:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
Interesting article about cooperation between West African navies written by a German Naval Commander back in 2016.
http://shipsandports.com.ng/west-african-navies-coming-of-age/?amp_markup=1

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 3:10pm On Jan 27, 2018
ocelot2006:

Well at a time no, BUT I won't be surprised if the NPF joined the DSS and the Armed Forces in adopting the Tavor TAR/CTAR-21 for its various elite units. Afterall some officers now use the IWI Jericho 941. That said I've never seen the Tavor with any MOPOL squadron or SPU or CTU operators. I may be wrong though.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by olapluto(m): 3:28pm On Jan 27, 2018
Swift move by NAF and NA to destroy these vehicles. It will seem to me that they were mostly taken from the assault around Diffa early this month. Very very impressed by NAF and NA for this victory. Those cars are a lot!

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:18pm On Jan 27, 2018
olapluto:
Swift move by NAF and NA to destroy these vehicles. It will seem to me that they were mostly taken from the assault around Diffa early this month. Very very impressed by NAF and NA for this victory. Those cars are a lot!

Look at the empty munition shells, it was intended to make I.E.D.

Thank God for the swift move..

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by olapluto(m): 5:40pm On Jan 27, 2018
bidexiii:

Look at the empty munition shells, it was intended to make I.E.D.

Thank God for the swift move..
A lot of IEDs must have been made considering the secondary explosions after NAF strikes. BHT were dealt a real blow there.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 27, 2018
LTGEN:

Conveying British troops or bringing weapons?
troops and their equipment and perishables, there’s a contingent of about 400 British soldiers in Nigeria training our army, navy and Air Force.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:04pm On Jan 27, 2018
CAS LEADS NAF PERSONNEL ON FIRST QUARTER 2018 ROUTE MARCH EXERCISE, ANNOUNCES ESTABLISHMENT OF FOBS IN CROSS RIVER, AKWA IBOM STATES

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has held its First Quarter 2018 Route March Exercise for personnel serving in Abuja. The Exercise, which was conducted today, 27 January 2018 was led by the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, with serving Youth Corps members also participating. The aim of the Exercise was to keep officers and men of the Service physically and mentally fit to enable them perform their statutory role effectively. The 10km route march exercise kicked off from Mogadishu Military Cantonment to Niger Barracks and back.

While addressing participants at the end of the Exercise, the CAS commended personnel for demonstrating a high level of physical fitness, stating that today’s security challenges are very complex and require a sound mind in a sound body. The CAS encouraged personnel to remain focused and professional in the discharge of their constitutional role. According to him, no territory of Nigeria would be allowed to be undermined by anyone, charging personnel not to be distracted by malicious campaigns from individuals, who are bent creating anarchy in the country.

The CAS warned NAF personnel not to involve themselves in unconstitutional conducts and partisan politics as the 2019 General Elections are fast approaching. He also announced that work was in progress in establishing a Forward Operational Base (FOB) each in Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibom states respectively. He further stated that the FOB in Mubi, Adamawa State would be activated while an Annex of Headquarters Mobility Command would be established in Akwa Ibom State. “All these are being done to proactively tackle emerging security issues in the Southsouth Region”, the CAS said. Air Marshal Abubakar thereafter advised personnel not to rest on their oars but redouble their efforts in Year 2018 towards accomplishing more. He then assured personnel of the readiness of the NAF leadership to continually improve their welfare as they continue to act in the defence of the territorial integrity of the nation.

DOPRI

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:06pm On Jan 27, 2018
More....

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 12:41am On Jan 28, 2018
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 1:18am On Jan 28, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

troops and their equipment and perishables, there’s a contingent of about 400 British soldiers in Nigeria training our army, navy and Air Force.
Good.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:29am On Jan 28, 2018
ALERT ON ESCAPING BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS FROM SAMBISA FOREST

In the past 2 weeks, troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE in the on-going Operation DEEP PUNCH II have inflicted heavy casualties on Boko Haram terrorists and routed them from their various hideouts in Sambisa forest. Evidently, the fleeing terrorists will want to take cover and begin to filter into isolated communities.

These defeated Boko Haram terrorists in their desperation to remain relevant, may further resort to employment of suicide bombers to inflict pain and terror on innocent and unsuspecting populace. In the light of this, communities and peace loving members of the society are advised to be on the lookout for Boko Haram terrorists’ escapees and promptly report any observed strange movements and suspicious persons in their communities particularly in places of worship, markets, weddings and any other gathering to the relevant security agencies within their localities. Communities are also enjoined to put in place security measures for reporting incidences.

You are please requested to disseminate this information through your medium.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Brigadier General Sani Kukasheka Usman
Director Army Public Relations
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tdayof(m): 7:42am On Jan 28, 2018
bidexiii:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LeeMDvzY-M

Look at the A-jet canon straffing, could have made a damn difference on BHT the day that aircraft crashed.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 28, 2018
2018 is about to be another eventful year for NAF.

“The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has called on officers and men of the Air Force to remain focused and avoid the temptation of distractions from some on-going campaigns in the country.

Air Marshal Abubakar maintained that the Air Force would not allow any individual or groups of individuals undermine the territorial integrity of the country, stating that the military would protect the nation’s constitution and defend her integrity.

The Air Chief spoke on Saturday at the Mogadishu Cantonment shortly after the First Quarter Route March Exercise organised by the Air Force for its personnel

Air Marshal Abubakar said: “Today’s security challenges are very complex. Therefore, a sound mind alone will not be able to solve these challenges without a sound body. For us to succeed in our constitutional roles, we need a sound mind and a sound body. So much was achieved in 2017 and I urge you to redouble your efforts in 2018.

“In this year, we are going to activate a Forward Operational Base (FOB) in Mubi, Adamawa State, and we will also engage Cross River and Akwa Ibom for the same FOB.

“This is because of some security challenges that we are beginning to see emerge from the border areas of Borno and Adamawa states.

“We are also working to establish an annex of the Mobility Command in Akwa Ibom. The whole idea is for us to be properly positioned to discharge our constitutional responsibilities for the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“I want to urge all officers and men to continue to put in their best so that no part of Nigeria is undermined by any individual or group of individuals. I must also charge you not to get distracted by some campaigns undertaken by some individuals on the social media to perpetrate chaos and anarchy.

“You must remain focused and adhere to the constitution of the country.

“You are aware that the Federal Government is acquiring more air assets for the air force. We will intensify training and capacity building. We will make sure you are properly kitted and accommodated too,” Air Marshal Abubakar asserted.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/air-force-chief-warns-distractions-chaos/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 28, 2018
LTGEN:

God are you this naive.
Please shake yourself awake.
All the South American countries you mentioned allow U.S military personnel and U.S. Bases there.
The Countries were allowed to nuy from Brazil because the U.S signed off on it.

Please just refrain from exposing more of your ignorance on a public platform.
These are the countries listed by the US State Department as explicitly denied US arms under the Leahy Amendments:
Bangladesh, Bolivia, Colombia, Guatemala, Mexico, Nigeria, Turkey, Indonesia, Lebanon, Saint Lucia and Venezuela.
Why were they placed there? Because they were not officially sanctioned, but were on the State Department list as human rights violators, at a specific point in time. Which means they could be removed, pursuant to improvements in human rights by the country concerned.

Now to your main assertion - apart from Colombia and Ecuador - which closed La Manta Military Base to the US - can you name these US bases in the South American countries on my list of Tucano operators? Our Defence Attaches in S. America are clearly doing a piss-poor job compared to a LTGen on nairaland.

In conclusion: the point is that the Nigerian taxpayer is being swindled. There is absolutely no justification -bar corruption- for 12 Tucanos to cost US$400-500m, even if they come with precision-guided weapons that Nigeria doesn't need to prosecute a counter-insurgency strategy.
If Nigeria is off the Leahy list - as implied by US approvals for US procurement of the Tucano, why not call their bluff and procure affordably from Brazil, as so many with worse human rights records have done?

Occam's Razor: assuming you're a taxpayer; you're being swindled.
But, I'm a Saffer, so wetin concern me?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 5:37pm On Jan 28, 2018
You need to stop posting stuff abd exposing your ignorance
Please who died and made you an authority on all things Nigerian.
This your condescending attitude about Nigeria should stop.
You see an article on a web page and Bam it is a gospel piece of work.
Since President GEJ and Obama left office a lot of stuff goes on between Nigeria and the US.
Infact prior to President Obama leaving office they were providing stuff that can only be described as weapons.
I have watched you anytime Nigeria is mentioned with regards to procurement of anything the denigrating and self serving delusional attitude of gours continues unabated.
Get a freaking life !!!I If the U.S. sells weapons and cash to Nigeria will the Sun rise or not set
Does a bullet or an ATGM procured in Russia not destroy a BH terrorists cell..
Please comment on your Country and leave Nigeria the@$+#&@$ alone.
For your knowledge the US has given Cold hard Cash and weapons to Nigeria and will do so in the future now go hug a @$!#%/\ transformer.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:14pm On Jan 28, 2018
Hmm, "Nigeria doesn't need precision guided weapons to prosecute counterinsurgency strategy."
I have seen it all. Eartheans off to Mars. I am joining nemesis there.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 6:47pm On Jan 28, 2018
Xbee007:
Hmm, "Nigeria doesn't need precision guided weapons to prosecute counterinsurgency strategy."
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by slimthugchimee2(m): 6:51pm On Jan 28, 2018
Xbee007:

I burst out laffing eh....worse of all was that I was in public grin

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:51pm On Jan 28, 2018
Here is a quotation from Forbes magazine that clearly states that, "Over 80% of the A-29 Super Tucano components are produced in the United States or in countries that qualify under the Buy American Act."
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2013/03/22/lawsuit-aside-u-s-air-force-sticks-by-brazilian-fighter-plane-purchase/#77a0128958fc
In essence no country will get the Super Tucano without USA's blessing.
We all remembered NAF made attempt too but was blocked by US under Obama's Democrats.
http://www.airforce.mil.ng/post-brazil_to_sell_3_super_tucano_aircraft_to_nigeria
Perhaps if NAF renew the deal we might get lucky this time around.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 28, 2018
Xbee007:

I will start the necessary paperwork for u,
I must warn u the waiting list is too long grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 7:45pm On Jan 28, 2018
nemesis4u:

I will start the necessary paperwork for u,
I must warn u the waiting list is too long grin
grin grin grin
Whatever it takes Sir. I don't understand people in this planet anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 28, 2018
Xx
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 8:14pm On Jan 28, 2018
frumentius:

Please just refrain from exposing more of your ignorance on a public platform.
These are the countries listed by the US State Department as explicitly denied US arms under the Leahy Amendments:
Bangladesh, Bolivia, Colombia, Guatemala, Mexico, Nigeria, Turkey, Indonesia, Lebanon, Saint Lucia and Venezuela.
Why were they placed there? Because they were not officially sanctioned, but were on the State Department list as human rights violators, at a specific point in time. Which means they could be removed, pursuant to improvements in human rights by the country concerned.

Now to your main assertion - apart from Colombia and Ecuador - which closed La Manta Military Base to the US - can you name these US bases in the South American countries on my list of Tucano operators? Our Defence Attaches in S. America are clearly doing a piss-poor job compared to a LTGen on nairaland.

In conclusion: the point is that the Nigerian taxpayer is being swindled. There is absolutely no justification -bar corruption- for 12 Tucanos to cost US$400-500m, even if they come with precision-guided weapons that Nigeria doesn't need to prosecute a counter-insurgency strategy.
If Nigeria is off the Leahy list - as implied by US approvals for US procurement of the Tucano, why not call their bluff and procure affordably from Brazil, as so many with worse human rights records have done?

Occam's Razor: assuming you're a taxpayer; you're being swindled.
But, I'm a Saffer, so wetin concern me?
@the bolded in Frum's post.
nemesis4u:

Humans r inherently defeatist. Every single step forward ends up 2 step backwards without them even realizing it.

And who said PGMs r not required for CI/CT ops being pursued in the north ?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 28, 2018
X

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (2203) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.