Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data (15261 Views)

The wait is over: Welcome Windows 10! The World Most Awaited Operating System / Windows 10 Will Come With 'candy Crush Saga,' Whether You Like It Or Not / Difference In Using Verve Card And Mastercard For Quickteller Online Transaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by moderatorr1: 10:12am On Apr 07, 2015
Na today? I had that shii on my windows vista
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by donbrowser(m): 10:13am On Apr 07, 2015
tiamiyukunle69:
What if I ask someone else to help me work on my PC while I'm away
There will be an alternative login procedure.
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by joedejana(m): 10:13am On Apr 07, 2015
F
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by tochstorm(m): 10:15am On Apr 07, 2015
window 10 is going to make dual booting hell!!i like booting ubuntu with windows. hope some work around will be available shortly after the launch of the new os.

2 Likes

Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 07, 2015
as long as all the new computers being made have the hardware to cope with it.

Patiently waiting for cortana
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Chinom(m): 10:21am On Apr 07, 2015
"Forget passwords – Windows 10 will apparently let you login with a scan of your face. In other words, it will use biometric data to unlock your computer".

I will never log in with a scan of my face in todays internet world. Good for Microsoft, but I am very much okay with Windows 7. Using a scan of my face as password is an excessive and extreme intrusion in my privacy. Not for me.

3 Likes

Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by jamillion: 10:24am On Apr 07, 2015
cogbuagu:
for newer systems now with such hardware. Not my Pentium 2
embarassed
dnt worry we can upgrade Ur system to dat effect.
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by sobastical: 10:27am On Apr 07, 2015
Chinom:
"Forget passwords – Windows 10 will apparently let you login with a scan of your face. In other words, it will use biometric data to unlock your computer".

I will never log in with a scan of my face in todays internet world. Good for Microsoft, but I am very much okay with Windows 7. Using a scan of my face as password is an excessive and extreme intrusion in my privacy. Not for me.

Exactly, it's just too far to cope with
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by theSpark(m): 10:29am On Apr 07, 2015
paranorman:
With all this hype or so/funtionalities, i just hope it doesnt beat down my expectations. Been a Microsoft fanboy though.

These tech companies had better gear up, cause I am coming with my own universal OS; i call it - Tri OX OS!

We dey wait for your own
Don't be like airforce1 who has kept us waiting since forever.
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 07, 2015
Ghen ghen! End-time tins! Repent and accept Jesus today before it is too late!! With your fingerprints and eye gestures regularly updated each time you sign in to your computer there is no hiding place from the antichrist for those who get left behind after the rapture!!!

3 Likes

Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Edusouls(m): 10:41am On Apr 07, 2015
donbrowser:
Are you looking forward to Windows 10? Many people are thanks to the resounding disappointment Windows 8 seemed to be with the masses. The last Windows version I used was 7, and I have to say I thought it ran smoothly and I don’t remember any problems with it. Windows 10 is making some big changes, however, starting with the way you login to the computer in the first place. Forget passwords – Windows 10 will apparently let you login with a scan of your face. In other words, it will use biometric data to unlock your computer. Apart from a scan of your whole face, it will also reportedly allow you to login with a retinal scan as well as a read of your fingerprint(s). This feature will be known as Windows Hello.

Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data

Microsoft is doing this due to the ease with which passwords are hacked, and while no system is completely foolproof, this move certainly seems to be a step in the right direction.

Apart from the biometric data feature, Cortana will also be available as a digital assistant.

The release date of Windows 10 is still unknown, but hopefully it’ll be sometime this year. Are you excited for the new operating system?

Source: http://news.filehippo.com/2015/03/windows-10-will-log-using-biometric-data/
noo am not excited,they are just out of ideas, after windows xp and 7 microsoft have been pushing out rubbish, and as i see windows 10 will also be a dissapointment..
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by anigold(m): 10:52am On Apr 07, 2015
donbrowser:
Are you looking forward to Windows 10? Many people are thanks to the resounding disappointment Windows 8 seemed to be with the masses. The last Windows version I used was 7, and I have to say I thought it ran smoothly and I don’t remember any problems with it. Windows 10 is making some big changes, however, starting with the way you login to the computer in the first place. Forget passwords – Windows 10 will apparently let you login with a scan of your face. In other words, it will use biometric data to unlock your computer. Apart from a scan of your whole face, it will also reportedly allow you to login with a retinal scan as well as a read of your fingerprint(s). This feature will be known as Windows Hello.

Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data

Microsoft is doing this due to the ease with which passwords are hacked, and while no system is completely foolproof, this move certainly seems to be a step in the right direction.

Apart from the biometric data feature, Cortana will also be available as a digital assistant.

The release date of Windows 10 is still unknown, but hopefully it’ll be sometime this year. Are you excited for the new operating system?

Source: http://news.filehippo.com/2015/03/windows-10-will-log-using-biometric-data/

who is pursuing Microsoft, I never even use Windows 8 finish u na don leleased Windows 10..
what are you talk about!
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Damikevin(m): 10:52am On Apr 07, 2015
Very soon when you commit any crime. Shsrpishly them go catch you cow windows has you fingerprints. Which you might have left at the crime scene.
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Airforce1(m): 10:54am On Apr 07, 2015
theSpark:

We dey wait for your own
Don't be like airforce1 who has kept us waiting since forever.

Don't worry dear

Soon

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by cana882(m): 10:55am On Apr 07, 2015
Hope sey e no dey use blood grp login o
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 07, 2015
teemanbastos:
endtimes grin grin
undecided
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 07, 2015
donbrowser:

Really? That will be nice from a Nigerian
Na Warri boys and Aba boys nai go spoil dia show
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by acenazt: 11:15am On Apr 07, 2015
see microsoft and idiocy who yarn em say naija get biometric data base and internet connection??
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by joeace2020(m): 11:20am On Apr 07, 2015
paolo96:
End time innovations.. The new world order is being integrated small small.

you peeps should please shut up....there is so much fear of technology that every innovation is deemed as new world order. The same way your grand parents called all the innovations of their time a new world order.

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by martineverest(m): 11:24am On Apr 07, 2015
Why not go for windows 10 iot sku....its going 2 be free
airsaylongcon:

Modified
I am currently using the Technical Preview of Windows 10. Shame the license expires on April 15. I love the overall feel as well as the re-emergence of the start button. I was really at sea with Windows 8/8.1

My question though is where can I download Windows 10 for Raspberry Pi 2. I'm tossing an idea in my head for an IoT project
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by martineverest(m): 11:25am On Apr 07, 2015
Augmented reality(microsoft hololens),facebook occulus rift etc re set to replace smartphones and computer
sholexy21:
Wow..... I wonda wot technology will look like in the next 10 - 15 years
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by martineverest(m): 11:30am On Apr 07, 2015
Analyst says windows 10 ll be d last os and d greatest os d world have eva seen.......the jive behind windows 10 is giving android and apple OSes pains on dia neck
Edusouls:
noo am not excited,they are just out of ideas, after windows xp and 7 microsoft have been pushing out rubbish, and as i see windows 10 will also be a dissapointment..
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by martineverest(m): 11:33am On Apr 07, 2015
Cant wait for cortana,einstein,spartan browser and hololens......go microsoft
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by yinchar(m): 11:38am On Apr 07, 2015
airsaylongcon:

Modified
I am currently using the Technical Preview of Windows 10. Shame the license expires on April 15. I love the overall feel as well as the re-emergence of the start button. I was really at sea with Windows 8/8.1

My question though is where can I download Windows 10 for Raspberry Pi 2. I'm tossing an idea in my head for an IoT project
Did you actually expect windows 10 to run on Raspberry Pi 2?...Like seriously, forget that bro Pi 2 doesn't have the ability to run Windows 10, I can even begin to wonder why you need a fancy windows 10 for a deplorable IoT project?...
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by dynamicbuzz(f): 11:56am On Apr 07, 2015
For the face scan, when there isn't bright light, won't it be a sort of difficulty? In my phone, the whole face password lock becomes hard to use at night. Except they plan on implementing just for facial structure and not looks.

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by mrfriday(m): 12:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
I know window 10 will be fascinating cos I read through d features like last year and was really impressed but just hope it's Wat dey say it is.
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Ezemust: 12:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
Airforce1:

Don't worry dear

Soon
07083781780.hala me lets huck up for big biz deal or u put down ur number mai hala u.it's important
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by airsaylongcon: 1:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
yinchar:

Did you actually expect windows 10 to run on Raspberry Pi 2?...Like seriously, forget that bro Pi 2 doesn't have the ability to run Windows 10, I can even begin to wonder why you need a fancy windows 10 for a deplorable IoT project?...

Windows 10 does run on RPi2.
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by airsaylongcon: 1:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
martineverest:
Why not go for windows 10 iot sku....its going 2 be free

Point me in d right direction. Is there a link I can download it from?
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by Hero10001: 1:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
If you've problems with win8/8.1 then you're a learner.
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by martineverest(m): 1:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
Its not yet out untill summer.....are u a developer?
airsaylongcon:

Point me in d right direction. Is there a link I can download it from?
Re: Windows 10 Will Log You In Using Your Biometric Data by airsaylongcon: 2:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
martineverest:
Its not yet out untill summer.....are u a developer?

Hobbyist more like. Summer is almost here. Waiting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Step By Step Info On How To browse With Dstv Decoder And Cable Modem / Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? / Airtel Recharge Card Software.download & Test It Now Free! Season Greetings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.