Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,983 members, 7,956,666 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:38 PM

My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah (4308 Views)

Soludo, Ubah, Ekwunife To Pick APC Ticket To Unseat Obiano In Gov Poll / Aso Rock Is A Family Business (pic) / My Life Is In Danger - Abia Female REC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by fkaz(m): 8:04am On Apr 06, 2015
Chairman of the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN), Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah yester­day said it was very erro­neous for people to insinu­ate that the organisation was backing the All Pro­gressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate, Mr. Akinwumi Ambode.

Ubah said TAN had never shifted in its support for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), just as he denied meeting with the Oba of Lagos, with the view to en­dorsing the APC candidate.

He also raised the alarm over the threat to his life, family and businesses in Lagos, owing to his support and investment in the PDP and its governorship can­didate in Lagos State, Mr. Jimi Agbaje. He stated: “My life, my family, and my businesses in La­gos are under severe threat in Lagos State because of the role I am playing in PDP and in my support for Jimi Agbaje,” Ubah said.

“I have no regrets sup­porting President Jonathan and Agbaje. My position and that of TAN’s support for the PDP has also not changed. Some persons have called, others have sent text messages to me saying my life and busi­nesses were no longer safe. Some have queried why I am fighting the APC in La­gos.

“They threaten me for leading the Igbo to work against the APC. I have re­ported the threat to my life and businesses to the Ni­gerian security and I have also alerted the internation­al community.

“It is very important for me to re-affirm clearly that as at today I am a PDP member and will remain so tomorrow. Neither TAN nor myself is supporting the APC and its candidate in Lagos State. We are in­tact as a group and those we have supported.”

According to Ubah, who said he was a detribalised Nigerian, it was important for critics to note that on the PDP platform history was made in Lagos State, as non-indigenes won elec­tions into the House of Representatives. Ubah said this was a feat that should be applauded and not condemned.

“The PDP platform has given non-indigenes in La­gos the opportunity to be at the National Assembly, the first in 16 years under the current democracy. We have to thank the party; Igbo who have contribut­ed to building Lagos now have a voice in Lagos and this is laudable.

We can only be grateful to the PDP for this and it will be wrong for anyone to say we are shifting to another party. There is no­body in TAN who has the capacity to endorse another candidate,” he added.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=112953
Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by slap1(m): 8:09am On Apr 06, 2015
Igbo -- ogara mba kara mba!

If the entire Igbo in Lagos support PDP, then there's problem for APC and Oba Rilwan Akiolu. Sadly, some people still live in denial of this truth. You ignore the Igbo at your own peril.

6 Likes

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by oluwafemi113(m): 8:13am On Apr 06, 2015
What's this one saying

We don't need TAN support here in Lagos

TAN is already a failure

So why should we give a fuckkk to the loosen team undecided

Rubbish sad

23 Likes

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by walemoney007(m): 8:15am On Apr 06, 2015
slap1:

If the entire Igbo in Lagos support PDP, then there's problem for APC and Oba Rilwan Akiolu. Sadly, some people still live in denial of this truth. You ignore the Igbo at your own peril.
trash,,who did d igbos supported durin d presidential election.if ubah life is not safe in lagos,let him relocate back to anambra or enugu

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by walemoney007(m): 8:17am On Apr 06, 2015
slap1:

wit all d support Jonathan got from TAN,Jonathan is on his way back to otuoke.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by DahtzFestjayz: 8:20am On Apr 06, 2015
Mr Ubah, Welcome to Lagos Land of opportunities. God will TAN your life. Amen

10 Likes

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by slap1(m): 8:20am On Apr 06, 2015
walemoney007:
trash,,who did d igbos supported durin d presidential election.if ubah life is not safe in lagos,let him relocate back to anambra or enugu
Why is the Oba of Lagos forcing the Igbo people to vote for APC? Remember that some Igbo people supported GMB in the last election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by oluwafemi113(m): 8:20am On Apr 06, 2015
We don't like the Hausas & we don't like the Yorubas, yet we populate their States in search for our livelihood." ~Okorocha's letter to Igbos

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by akinloluwao: 8:21am On Apr 06, 2015
What rubbish. PDP can never rule Lagos.

13 Likes

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by slap1(m): 8:21am On Apr 06, 2015
walemoney007:
wit all d support Jonathan got from TAN,Jonathan is on his way back to otuoke.
Why is the Oba scared?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:26am On Apr 06, 2015
U overestimated yourself mr. Ubah...
Na who dey threaten u? Na who get ur time?
Take it or leave it, not all igbos who took ur 500 naira voted for PDP.

I mean, not every Igbo man is a glutton who eats his senses

13 Likes

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by Henix(m): 8:32am On Apr 06, 2015
Mr Uba can only speak for himself and not for Igbos. Why is he feeling threatened? Probably because his hustle in TAN project, turned to a bad business. Lagos can never be Anambra where him and his likes delivered all the national assemble seats to PDP, thru manipulation.

Selfish Igbo men like Ifeanyi Uba, Arthur Eze, and even those at the helm of their so called 'Ohaneze Ndigbo', is the reason why Igbos have no direction in Nigeria politics. I guess TAN project probably bought him his 'capital oil' back from AMACON

13 Likes

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by Omololu007(m): 8:32am On Apr 06, 2015
slap1:
Why is the Oba scared?
why do u fink d oba is scared? What is he scared of,he is just lettin u and ur pple know dat dia shall b consequences for som of ur stand on yoruba land.

7 Likes

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by Omololu007(m): 8:33am On Apr 06, 2015
fkaz:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=112953
tak ur family,business and home and fvck off to anambra foolish flat head

9 Likes

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by LubricatingOil: 8:34am On Apr 06, 2015
walemoney007:

Don't mind the plonker.

3 Likes

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by LubricatingOil: 8:35am On Apr 06, 2015
slap1:
Why is the Oba scared?

Scared? You are indeed deluded.

7 Likes

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by slap1(m): 8:36am On Apr 06, 2015
Omololu007:
why do u fink d oba is scared? What is he scared of,he is just lettin u and ur pple know dat dia shall b consequences for som of ur stand on yoruba land.
OK, but he shouldn't have bothered since Igbo people are insignificant.

1 Like

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 06, 2015
Go back to your land,you can't be working against us in our own land.When una start an,u didn't know.Kudos to the Oba,let's wipe all the flat heads from Lagos and all Yoruba lands before they become Modakeke in the making.
Too much love for them,has made them grown wings.

14 Likes

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by LubricatingOil: 8:38am On Apr 06, 2015
paolo96:
Go back to your land,you can't be working against us in our own land.

Don't mind the greedy parasites.

3 Likes

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by slap1(m): 8:38am On Apr 06, 2015
LubricatingOil:

Scared? You are indeed deluded.
The fact remains the Oba would be a happier man to know he has the full support of the Igbo people.

3 Likes

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by slap1(m): 8:39am On Apr 06, 2015
paolo96:
Go back to your land,you can't be working against us in our own land.
So it's possible for people to work against you in your land?
Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by Texcoco(m): 8:40am On Apr 06, 2015
These bloody cowards again...Instead of issuing out death threats why don't you call out a face to face fight?We are certain the igbos will oblige to send you people to hell....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:42am On Apr 06, 2015
Texcoco:
These bloody cowards again...Instead of issuing out death threats why don't you call out a face to face fight?We are certain the igbos will oblige to send you people to hell....
of course, you are created for violence. The only irony of that is that you always loose to intelligence

grin grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 06, 2015
Wetin happen to the 24million votes wey this man promise Jonathan from TAN?

He is either a liar, deceiver or a betrayer.

Noisemaker

12 Likes

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 06, 2015
slap1:
So it's possible for people to work against you in your land?
When them send you back to your Enugu or Onitsha village,your eyes will open.Awon were.

7 Likes

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by Opinedecandid(m): 8:47am On Apr 06, 2015
Don't mind them my brother, nothing will happen to you, your people or businesses.
A vote for Jimmy Abadje is a vote for a free society in Lagos, via-a-vis a vibrant opposition.
PDP is now an opposition Party. It doesn't matter, but it has to be a strong one.
This one-party system APC and it's handlers are craving to impose in our beloved country is not healthy for our nation.
I'm not igbo, but I join my voice to the voices of men and women of good conscience who wish Nigeria well to call on yurubas, ibos and other non natives of Lagos State to vote enmasse for PDP in the April 11th Elections.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by LubricatingOil: 8:47am On Apr 06, 2015
slap1:
The fact remains the Oba would be a happier man to know he has the full support of the Igbo people.

Personally, I initially preferred JK to win this election to see what he has to offer, but when you people make it a point to publicly insult your host or refer to their land a no man's land, then be ready for the consequences. In all ethnic groups or subgroups in lagos, has it occur to you that only igbos came out to support PDP? Are there no Ijaw people in lagos? what about Edo and Delta groups? Why not quietly vote for your choice? Hell no.

13 Likes

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by LubricatingOil: 8:48am On Apr 06, 2015
Texcoco:

Mr. Ubah is crying and guess who is making him cry? A coward.

7 Likes

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by lolababe331e: 8:50am On Apr 06, 2015
It's good let him carry his bad luck and give to Jimi. Ambode does not need the endorsement of TAN! I pity Jimi sef . What happened to the last man TAN supported will happen to Jimi cheesy

7 Likes

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by cyril83(m): 8:51am On Apr 06, 2015
I don't know why igbo as a tribe choose to be slave among all tribes. They intentionally denied their region of number 3 seat " senate president" in nigeria. Now they're working so hard to deny lagos of being in the same party with the federal govt.

Lagos has been an opposition state to federal govt since 1999. Igbo people should have a rethink.

11 Likes

Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by slap1(m): 8:51am On Apr 06, 2015
paolo96:

When them send you back to your Enugu or Onitsha village,your eyes will open.Awon were.
Don't call me names, man. That's childish.
Re: My Life, Family, Business In Danger In Lagos – Ubah by slap1(m): 8:55am On Apr 06, 2015
LubricatingOil:

Personally, I initially preferred JK to win this election to see what he has to offer, but when you people make it a point to publicly insult your host or refer to their land a no man's land, then be ready for the consequences. In all ethnic groups or subgroups in lagos, has it occur to you that only igbos came out to support PDP? Are there no Ijaw people in lagos? what about Edo and Delta groups? Why not quietly vote for your choice? Hell no.

OK. I get your point. You're concerned that they seem to dare their hosts. I don't live in Lagos. I understand your grievance. Thanks for explaining it politely.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Leaving The Country With My Family - Jonathan / NASS Explains Shocking Reason Behind Cancellation Of Coastal Rail Line. / Israel Donates 5 Million Dollars To Support Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.