Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

How Soon After Pregnancy Is It Advisable To Start Working Out? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Soon After Pregnancy Is It Advisable To Start Working Out? (926 Views)

Benefits Of Working Out: Seven Reasons Why You Should Start To Exercise / 5 Ways To Prevent Pregnancy Without Using Condom / Has Anyone Gotten Pregnant Right After Miscarriage?how Soon After? Lets Interact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Soon After Pregnancy Is It Advisable To Start Working Out? by Godmother(f): 8:10am On Apr 06, 2015
How soon can one start working out after giving birth to loose the baby fat. And is it healthy to work-out during pregnancy as well to keep fit? My sister told me she used to take long walks during her pregnancy and weighed less than 60 during her pregnancy? Is this safe?

Doctors in the house.
Re: How Soon After Pregnancy Is It Advisable To Start Working Out? by cbrass(m): 8:22am On Apr 06, 2015
are you pregnant ni?
Re: How Soon After Pregnancy Is It Advisable To Start Working Out? by Dyt(f): 10:10am On Apr 06, 2015
Depends on how strong you are
Yes long walks is a very good one but not in the first trimester
After birth, you could start as soon as you start getting enough rest
From 6mnths
Well I never did any physical exercise, watched what I was consuming even I loved choc and orisirisi, I still maintained
Re: How Soon After Pregnancy Is It Advisable To Start Working Out? by modath(f): 10:39am On Apr 06, 2015
@ OP,

6wks post birth for a V-delivery and 12wks for a CS.
No matter the efforts put into working out ;if the food intake is high in calories,it will be an exercise in futility.
Re: How Soon After Pregnancy Is It Advisable To Start Working Out? by Godmother(f): 5:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
cbrass:
are you pregnant ni?

Nope, just making enquiries.
Re: How Soon After Pregnancy Is It Advisable To Start Working Out? by Godmother(f): 5:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
@ Dyt and modath

Thanx. Will take those tips to heart.
Re: How Soon After Pregnancy Is It Advisable To Start Working Out? by Karleb(m): 8:27pm On Apr 06, 2015
Godmother:

Nope, just making enquiries.

Are you sure? wink
Re: How Soon After Pregnancy Is It Advisable To Start Working Out? by Godmother(f): 10:39pm On Apr 06, 2015
Karleb:

Are you sure? wink

Hehehehe
Yes o. I'm not preggo

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Restaurant Shut Down For Serving Human flesh / 11 Amazing Psychology Facts You Should Keep To Yourself! / Help revive my sex drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.