Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? - Forum Games (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? (65757 Views)

Can You Spot The Cat In This Photo? / Which Way Is The Cat Going? / Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by favouryemmy: 7:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
The cat is coming down. Reason? Take a good look at the nosing of the staircase and you will see that it is visible from the point of view. BTW, nosing in architecture means that small part that projects a bit beyond the riser of the step like a nose. If the cat is moving up, you would not be able to clearly see the nosing. Therefore, the cat is coming down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by dejt4u(m): 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
Save urself frm da stress.. You just spew beautiful rubbish.. The reference frame is d most important here which is peculiar to relativity i.e an event observed frm diff. frame of reference...your sense of reasoning is just plain and linear..try and change the angle a bit, then u will see what i'v seen..

E-diot
Amazo:

You couldn't answer a simple high-school-level aptitude question correctly, yet you have the repugnant audacity to claim to be a physicist You should bury your head in shame if you're indeed a physicist, which obviously can't be true and must be a bogus claim because thoroughbred physicists are usually very smart, which is something you seem to lack. Did I denounce Einstein being a philosopher? No! He is partly a philosopher. However, you stated "Relativity", which obviously alludes to Einstein's theory of relativity, and this is not a philosophy, has nothing to do with philosophy but is a proven postulation of scientific laws that is calculable and can be mathematically expressed. You claim to understand what you wrote, yet what you wrote is complete rubbish. And to imagine some people actually liked your comment, which makes me wonder what their level of IQ is. One of the primary functions of a cat's tail is to attain its balance during motion. The subject of the question itself was the cat, and not the stairs. The positioning of the stairs and other aspects of the frame of reference upon which the cat is pictured is irrelevant in this case. Does a cat ever run up a stairs with its tail up? No, never! Its tail will be down. But running down the stairs, its tail will be up to keep its body's center of gravity stable due to the forces in play as it races down. Any real physicist knows this. It's either you're a sham physicist or you're a dunce. Now, come back and talk to me when you have a brain that works or STFU !!!
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by Nazeeboy(m): 7:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
ebukaOtika:

Ele yi Salaye gan.
guy I no undstnd wetin u talk ooo.
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by Amazo: 8:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
dejt4u:
Save urself frm da stress.. You just spew beautiful rubbish.. The reference frame is d most important here which is peculiar to relativity i.e an event observed frm diff. frame of reference...your sense of reasoning is just plain and linear..try and change the angle a bit, then u will see what i'v seen..

E-diot

Sorry I don't and can't see from the perspective of an iidiot with an idiosyncratic Jurassic idiocy grin . The question is pretty straightforward: is the cat going up or down? You said "up", which irrespective of perspective or reference frame is totally WRONG; but you tried to justify it with concocted senseless jargon, and tried to justify that by claiming to be a physicist in order to pass off your folly as being unquestionable. Even without any solid background in science, any average John Doe would know the right answer is DOWN. Common sense alone dictates that a cat's tail can never be up above its head if it's going up a stairs. You obviously never handled a cat before. Why don't you find a cat and put this to test so you can feed your brain with more intelligence. Don't be ignorant and stuupid at the same time. Pick a struggle!
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by Naijaland12: 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by Naijaland12: 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
favouryemmy:
The cat is coming down. Reason? Take a good look at the nosing of the staircase and you will see that it is visible from the point of view. BTW, nosing in architecture means that small part that projects a bit beyond the riser of the step like a nose. If the cat is moving up, you would not be able to clearly see the nosing. Therefore, the cat is coming down.

Watch the answer here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjueX-UDnF4
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by dejt4u(m): 8:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
Amazo:

[s]Sorry I don't and can't see from the perspective of an iidiot with an idiosyncratic Jurassic idiocy grin . The question is pretty straightforward: is the cat going up or down? You said "up", which irrespective of perspective or reference frame is totally WRONG; but you tried to justify it with concocted senseless jargon, and tried to justify that by claiming to be a physicist in order to pass off your folly as being unquestionable. Even without any solid background in science, any average John Doe would know the right answer is DOWN. Common sense alone dictates that a cat's tail can never be up above its head if it's going up a stairs. You obviously never handled a cat before. Why don't you find a cat and put this to test so you can feed your brain with more intelligence. Don't be ignorant and stuupid at the same time. Pick a struggle! [/s]
fixed
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by Akintec(m): 9:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
Dude! The cat is coming down for real...
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by Nuezha(m): 10:40pm On Apr 09, 2015
LeonMacJames:
u have absolutely no idea of what ua saying. And yes u don't need to be an engineer to know how a staircase is built. That picture is based on logical reasoning .so study the pic again and be logical about ur conclusion.

Oga, with due respect don't be deceived by how many LIKES you garnered. Everybody can be wrong including me.
THAT CAT WAS CLIMBING, PERIOD.
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by LeonMacJames(m): 11:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
Nuezha:

Oga, with due respect don't be deceived by how many LIKES you garnered. Everybody can be wrong including me.
THAT CAT WAS CLIMBING, PERIOD.
okey dokey
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by Nobody: 1:00am On Apr 10, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by EverestdeBliu(m): 2:34pm On Apr 11, 2015
In conclusion,I'll say the cat is coming DOWN.
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by babym7681(f): 10:19pm On Apr 11, 2015
is going up n down
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by Obinoscopy(m): 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
Gorgeous58:
The cat is definitely coming down
Hi Gorgeous, it's been ages! Howdy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

If You Woke Up One Morning And Found Out / Picture Puzzle: Find The Rabbit / What Are You Thinking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.