Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,363 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? - Forum Games (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? (65735 Views)

Can You Spot The Cat In This Photo? / Which Way Is The Cat Going? / Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by olareed(m): 1:06am On Apr 09, 2015
No b d cat wey I send comot from bedroom bdis.......op, u no temme say u dey come our house na...u no even capture me for d piksure...because I dey hin back dey pursue am come downstairs...maybe u no c me sha...

so what's the question again,lemme see if I can answer it...
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by Nazeeboy(m): 1:07am On Apr 09, 2015
I'm very very sure the cat is coming down not going up because; 1. Look very closely the movement of the cat, look at how it raises it's leg, by that u will see that it is descending. It is not raising the leg higher to ascend further. 2. If u look at the picture of the stairs carefully u will see that it's two pics well design to confuse us. A pic of the ascending and descending stairs. But if u observe carefully u will see that the direction the cat is moving is that it is descending. 3. For instance as u are now holding your phone and viewing the pic, let's say the cat is coming towards you, then look at the first 3-4 steps u will see that the steps are increasing up which is opposite to the direction the cat is moving.
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by sam121(m): 1:08am On Apr 09, 2015
From the staircase I can boldly tell u that the cat is going down....
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by frank043(m): 1:09am On Apr 09, 2015
The cat is of course going down. From the picture,you can see the thickness of the 1"(25mm)nosing and 6"(150mm) riser of the stairs.
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by obailala(m): 1:13am On Apr 09, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Puzzled!

Down!... Cat is going down. Take a close look at the stairs, the nose (protrusion) of the stairs can only be on the tread (horizontal area).

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2283088_0000cat_jpegac6fc7a0c90cb53306e436b03fa47035

2 Likes

Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by majamajic(m): 1:13am On Apr 09, 2015
Down
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by o3one: 1:14am On Apr 09, 2015
based on d direction of d cats view facing upward makes me say d cat is going up
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by philtrum(m): 1:16am On Apr 09, 2015
its going down....check the staircase ...There is a slab on it (it covers each step ....just imagine the cat is on the slab)
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by Gorgeous58(f): 1:17am On Apr 09, 2015
The cat is definitely coming down
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by josgolf(m): 1:18am On Apr 09, 2015
The cat is actually going up because if it were going down,the end part of the staircase would have been hidden,hence,the lighting will not be seen...projection(front view)
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by thaoriginator: 1:20am On Apr 09, 2015
Mehn, the toto cat is coming down.
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by falufosi(m): 1:22am On Apr 09, 2015
it's coming down.Am a civil engineer I got to know from the arrangement of the step nosing.Only engineer will understand the term no sing . all you need know is the cat is coming down.
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 09, 2015
[size=19pt]Its going Down.. look at it's tail... pointing upwards indicates it requires more balance to equate the force of gravity as well as angular velocity.. but conventionally going upwards requires the tail pointing downwards, [/size]

1 Like

Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by MadCow1: 1:31am On Apr 09, 2015
The cat is coming down..

Reason: Use the reflection or whatever that is at the side of the stairs to judge.. The angle in which they are placed proves to me that the cat is coming down and not up.

Thanks..
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by Engrr(m): 1:31am On Apr 09, 2015
The cat is going up please!..

For those who know little about construction, steps can only have support downside. Look well!!
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by CHM11: 1:32am On Apr 09, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Puzzled!
The cat is coming down, judging from the shadows of the steps.
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by MadCow1: 1:33am On Apr 09, 2015
obailala:

Down!... Cat is going down. Take a close look at the stairs, the nose (protrusion) of the stairs can only be on the tread (horizontal area).

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2283088_0000cat_jpegac6fc7a0c90cb53306e436b03fa47035

That was what I saw and drew my inference as well..
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by ezeagu(m): 1:33am On Apr 09, 2015
The cat is going down, from the cats stance alone, you can see that it is resting forward, meaning it is balancing on it's weight on it's leg forward, if it was going up the leg would be positioned closer to the centre of its gravity to balance itself as it goes up. The cat is also using its tail for balance.

So down.
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by MadCow1: 1:34am On Apr 09, 2015
Engrr:
The cat is going up please!..

For those who know little about construction, steps can only have support downside. Look well!!

Bollocks..
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by oladam23(m): 1:36am On Apr 09, 2015
it's coming down, looking at the steps....
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by DozieInc(m): 1:38am On Apr 09, 2015
ezeagu:
The cat is going down, from the cats stance alone, you can see that it is resting forward, meaning it is balancing on it's weight on it's leg forward, if it was going up the leg would be positioned closer to the centre of its gravity to balance itself as it goes up. The cat is also using its tail for balance.

So down.

True, using its tail for balance that was my first observation.
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by abdul4me(m): 1:41am On Apr 09, 2015
The cat in this photo is descending from the top to the floor beneath. Looking at the stairs case, you will discover that each of the thread slightly overlap each of the risers at the top, that indicated that photo was taken from the lower floor while the cat was walking down the stairs.
From another perspective, what appeared as a series of rectangles with 1" strip on top is the elevation of the risers.
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by Youssouff10(m): 1:44am On Apr 09, 2015
Make I find staircase go snap too. BRB
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by phabulux: 1:49am On Apr 09, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Puzzled!

Since you asked: down.
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by alex406(m): 1:51am On Apr 09, 2015
Looking at the step from camera view, the cat is coming down
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by funkyjms: 1:55am On Apr 09, 2015
INDUSTRIALFAN:
The cat is actually going down... Reason? Look at the edge of each step. Its slightly elevated... The only way it would seem so is if the picture was taken from below. If the top of each step is elevated like in the pic, it could be hazardous. while going down the steps, those elevated edges could make someone trip and fall. Also the boards used for the top of each step is always slightly wider than the vertical part to make it have a neat look when looked at from above....

I also want you to know that if the cat is actually going down, there's no way this floor would exist. Or can you see floor from down?? This can neither be a wall nor an open space rather the floor. grin grin

The elevated edge was just there to confuse you

Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by charmingeyes(m): 1:59am On Apr 09, 2015
Obinoscopy:
It's definitely going down. Check the staircase slabs in the picture, you'll see that it is from top down. Engineers would agree with me on this one.

YES.
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by soulminister(m): 1:59am On Apr 09, 2015
look at the edges of that terrazzo. if you are observant on staircase terrazzo alignment, you you know that the cat is definitely going down
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by IamTheophilus(m): 2:02am On Apr 09, 2015
guys this is common sense...if it were to be vhat the pussy..,sorry cat is going up the tail will surely be down between its legs nt vhat high nd since its cmin down vhat why its vhat high nd check the stairs structure
undecided
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by AAinEqGuinea: 2:09am On Apr 09, 2015
funkyjms:

I also want you to know that if the cat is actually going down, there's no way this floor would exist. Or can you see floor from down?? This can neither be a wall nor an open space rather the floor. grin grin

The elevated edge was just there to confuse you

A wall cool
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by seunfly: 2:11am On Apr 09, 2015
As a town planner with knowledge in architecture, he is coming down. The staircase will give you hint.
Re: Is This Cat Going Up Or Down? by Nobody: 2:17am On Apr 09, 2015
Is it just me or does it look like a flat surface.... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

If You Woke Up One Morning And Found Out / Picture Puzzle: Find The Rabbit / What Are You Thinking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.