Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,131 members, 7,849,543 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:55 PM

Igbo Supports For Lagos State PDP Governorship Candidate, Jimi Agbade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Supports For Lagos State PDP Governorship Candidate, Jimi Agbade (548 Views)

Igbo Supports Akeredolu, Wants Participation In Ondo Govt. / Lagos Decide: Online Poll Between Jimi Agbade(pdp) And Akinwunmi Ambode / Fayose: Atiku, Northern Leaders Have Withdrawn Supports For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Supports For Lagos State PDP Governorship Candidate, Jimi Agbade by Monogamy: 9:56am On Apr 06, 2015
I am forced to make this thread. I have seen so many topics online regarding the Lagos state governorship election. Though we all have choice of supporting any political party we want but of what benefit will Igbos get if PDP wins the Lagos state governorship election? Why must Igbo be embarking on a path that will put their strategic interest in jeopardy? Is it hatred for Yorubas or rivalry Is their support based on development of Lagos or their acclaimed 'Betrayal' over the last presidential election?

To me I believe Ifeanyi Ubah is using the Igbos to fight his own personal battle. But do not get me wrong, we all want change in our environment.

Your vote is your power to elect credible person for the coming Governorship and House of assembly election nationwide.

Vote wisely

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Supports For Lagos State PDP Governorship Candidate, Jimi Agbade by abuchilag: 10:16am On Apr 06, 2015
You people should stop this nonsense!
Nobody has the right to tell me who to vote for.
I pay tax of over 54k in Lagos every month and they also charge me for radio and television tax.

I am a Nigerian and I have the right to vote the candidate of my choice.
Re: Igbo Supports For Lagos State PDP Governorship Candidate, Jimi Agbade by Castos(m): 10:19am On Apr 06, 2015
Why should someone tell me who to vote. Am I not eligible to my franchise? Please make I hear word, jimi is my choice and that settles it. Dalu!
Re: Igbo Supports For Lagos State PDP Governorship Candidate, Jimi Agbade by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 06, 2015
Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, has read the riot act to Igbo lead­ers and monarchs in Lagos State, warning that he will make life unbearable for them if they sabotage efforts being made to ensure that the governorship candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC) Mr. Akinwunmi Am­bode, emerges as the next governor of the state.

The monarch, who sum­moned all the Eze-Ndigbo in the state to his palace, said the support of their kensmen for the opposition party in the state could frustrate current ef­forts being made in all quarters to ensure that Lagos was no longer in opposition with the Federal Government.

He said: “On Saturday, if anyone of you goes against Ambode, who I picked, that is your end. If it does not happen within seven days, just know that I am a bastard and it is not my father who gave birth to me.

“By the grace of God, I am the owner of Lagos for the time being. This is an undivid­ed chair. The palace belongs to the dead and those coming in the future. On Saturday, if anyone of you, I swear in the name of God, goes against my wish that Ambode will be the next governor of Lagos State, the person is going to die in­side this water.

“For the Igbo and others in Lagos, they should go where the Oba of Lagos heads to. When they were coming to the state, they did not come with all their houses. But now, they have properties in the state. So they must do my bidding. And that is the bidding of the ances­tors of Lagos and God.

“I am not ready to beg you. Nobody knew how I picked Ambode. Jimi is my blood relation and I told him that he could never be governor in Lagos for now. The future belongs to God. I am not beg­ging anybody, but what you people cannot do in Onitsha, Aba or anywhere you cannot do it here.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=113029
Re: Igbo Supports For Lagos State PDP Governorship Candidate, Jimi Agbade by Monogamy: 10:30am On Apr 06, 2015
abuchilag:
You people should stop this nonsense!
Nobody has the right to tell me who to vote for.
I pay tax of over 54k in Lagos every month and they also charge me for radio and television tax.

I am a Nigerian and I have the right to vote the candidate of my choice.

54k per month as tax? I guess you are running a refinery grin grin

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Implication Of This On AMBODE And APC??? / Gun Shot As Thugs Take Over Polling Booth In Hope Area Ibadan. / Imo Gubber: I Am Prepared To Concede If I Loose- Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.