Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Opinion: Why Lagosian Should Not Mistakenly Vote In Agbaje. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Why Lagosian Should Not Mistakenly Vote In Agbaje. (630 Views)

Our Children Are Turning Into Prostitutes, We Are Suffering, Tell PMB -Lagosian / Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? / I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Why Lagosian Should Not Mistakenly Vote In Agbaje. by ziccoit: 10:38am On Apr 06, 2015
Lagos state, like all other states in the SW, has been in the opposition politics either throughout or part of 16years of this current democratic experience. I make bold to say that no other region has been in opposition like the states in the SW. APGA, LP etc government has always been part of ruling PDP government. The way politics is played in Nigeria, it is very difficult being in opposition. The opposition government and people suffer a lot. Ruling federal government, in the hand of poor leader, knows how to starve the opposition states with fund and give plenty to the ones with central. I recollect during the PDP presidential campaign, GEJ said in Ekiti state that he had done so much for Ekiti people that in the last 3months of Fayose government he had released up to N20b to the state. In the same period, a state like Osun only recieved about N5b.

Now imagine a state as important as Lagos state in the hand of PDP with politicians who have just been dislodged from federal politics where they have been siphoning our money with impunity. A PDP government in Lagos states would summarily turn the state to a den of PDP wounded corrupt politicians. We all know what has been happening at the federal level despite the enormous resources, imagine what would happen if the same people land on Lagos state wealth.

Tinubu was able to contibute his quota to the state development during his time. He capped his achievement by putting forward BRF whose sterling performances in government are all there for all to see. Now that Lagos state is presented with opportunity to be in the mainstream politics, should we deny ourselves the right on platter of sentiment? Unfortunately, majority of proponents of this leftism have no concrete reason to back up their support for Jimi.

I've started campaigning for Ambode and people I have met so far are yielding to voice of reasoning. Let APC stays in Lagos for robust development. Stop PDP from turning Lagos state to headquarter of PDP corrupt politicians.

Sign:
Concerned citizen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Why Lagosian Should Not Mistakenly Vote In Agbaje. by kinibigdeal(m): 10:43am On Apr 06, 2015
Your reasons lack point..people voted for buhari not APC, same will happen in lagos

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Why Lagosian Should Not Mistakenly Vote In Agbaje. by laplace12(m): 11:17am On Apr 06, 2015
After Tinubu has used Lagos state wealth to campaign for Buhari
Re: Opinion: Why Lagosian Should Not Mistakenly Vote In Agbaje. by vicadex07(m): 11:30am On Apr 06, 2015
PDP will suck lagos and rivers states dry to recoup their investments if allowed to govern those states.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Lagosian Should Not Mistakenly Vote In Agbaje. by ziccoit: 12:02pm On Apr 11, 2015
JK should be defeated in this election.
Re: Opinion: Why Lagosian Should Not Mistakenly Vote In Agbaje. by gaussy(m): 12:08pm On Apr 11, 2015
Hmm watching in 8D.......and drinking my cool fura cool

In the meantime 200 likes for ambode jor cheesy
share if you think Jk is a Joker undecided

#votenotfight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Why Lagosian Should Not Mistakenly Vote In Agbaje. by Fanirandele: 12:11pm On Apr 11, 2015
ziccoit:
JK should be defeated in this election.

Jimi will be defeated at the polls today
Re: Opinion: Why Lagosian Should Not Mistakenly Vote In Agbaje. by ziccoit: 7:57am On Apr 12, 2015
To God be the glory. Thanks you Nigerians. Thanks you Lagosian. Thanks you APC.
Re: Opinion: Why Lagosian Should Not Mistakenly Vote In Agbaje. by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 12, 2015
congratulations ambode. though I hate you and your party with a passion, I duff my hat to your victory. please ask Oba Akiolu to release the ballot box illegally housed in his palace. my boy worked very hard for his voters. you deny them victory by stealing the ballot box. it will be in the news tomorrow but I know you will deny it. and Lagos will ignore it. but the wound will remain open.
Congrats APC Congrats AMBODE Congrats TINUBU Congrats APC Family.
please knuckle down and perform beyond expectations.

(1) (Reply)

Today Former President Yaradua Has Made 4 Yrs In The Grave / Protest In Uyo Over Election Fraud / Celebration In Wike Hometown.(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.