Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,270 members, 7,815,453 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

#deltadecides: Ogboru Steps Down For O'tega Emerhor, To Defect From LP To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #deltadecides: Ogboru Steps Down For O'tega Emerhor, To Defect From LP To APC (1234 Views)

Tony Nwoye And Emmanuel Udende Defect From PDP To APC / 1,000 Defect From APC To PDP In Bayelsa / Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#deltadecides: Ogboru Steps Down For O'tega Emerhor, To Defect From LP To APC by nigerianewsbeat(m): 12:30am On Apr 07, 2015
The governorship candidate of Labour Party in Delta State, Chief Great Ogboru, on Monday APril 6, 2015 announced his decision to formerly step down and throw his weight behind the candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the state, Olorogun O'tega Emerhor, ahead of the April 11 gubernatorial election.

Ogboru equally urged all his loyal and faithful supporters to rally round Emerhor en masse and ensure that he emerges as the number one citizen of Delta State.

We brought you a report earlier last week of the purported arrangement that was brokered by high ranking members of the Urhobo Progressive Union (UPU). Key component of the arrangement was that whoever wins the presidency will determine who leads the interest of the Urhobo nation in the election.

Emerhor was to step down for Ogboru should Jonathan wins while Ogboru was to step down for Emerhor should Buhari be victorious. With the APC winning the presidential election, the initiative fell on Ogboru to act upon.

However, as TheWillNigeria reported and corroborating our story, it was the the UPU who set up a powerful committee to persuade Ogboru to jettison his ambition for the top job in the general interest of the Urhobo Nation in particular and Delta State in general.

The move finally paid off at about 3:45pm on Monday as Ogboru announced his decision to step down for Olorogun O’tega in the spirit of Easter.

With the latest development, Ogboru is expected to defect from the Labour Party to the APC within the next couple of days, the statement said. ‎

Ogboru and Emerhor are also expected to address a joint press conference to chart the way forward and to urge the LP party faithful and Ogboru supporters to throw their weight behind the APC and Emerhor during April 11 governorship election in the state, the O’rtega campaign added.

Source: Newsbeatportal
Link: www.newsbeatportal.com
Re: #deltadecides: Ogboru Steps Down For O'tega Emerhor, To Defect From LP To APC by 76Naira(m): 1:20am On Apr 07, 2015
This changes the game significantly..
Re: #deltadecides: Ogboru Steps Down For O'tega Emerhor, To Defect From LP To APC by drtwist(m): 1:26am On Apr 07, 2015
Rumor from APC camp
Re: #deltadecides: Ogboru Steps Down For O'tega Emerhor, To Defect From LP To APC by mypals: 1:31am On Apr 07, 2015
hmmmmmmm.......no such thing for now. Please discard this rumour. Delta shall be great.

https://www.nairaland.com/2215960/warri-south-constituency-ii-chief

1 Like

Re: #deltadecides: Ogboru Steps Down For O'tega Emerhor, To Defect From LP To APC by Bekwarra(m): 2:05am On Apr 07, 2015
This plot belongs to me, trespassers will drown inside the lagoon.
Re: #deltadecides: Ogboru Steps Down For O'tega Emerhor, To Defect From LP To APC by guass(m): 2:27am On Apr 07, 2015
That shows some levels of maturity on the side of Ogboru. I left him long ago when I discovered that Great Ogboru was politically myopic and was interested in failures.
Re: #deltadecides: Ogboru Steps Down For O'tega Emerhor, To Defect From LP To APC by Opinedecandid(m): 5:09am On Apr 07, 2015
Him never see something yet.
Na Niger Delta be this o.
Make una help me tell am o.
Days no plenty again o.
De only battle ground for pdp/apc for the whole if ss and se are rivers and imo o, kwenu!
Re: #deltadecides: Ogboru Steps Down For O'tega Emerhor, To Defect From LP To APC by kessiah: 5:17am On Apr 07, 2015
stay up to date with events happening around the world, visit www.kingsleyokpara..com
Learn how to withdraw money from paypal to your bank account, www.withdrawmoneyfrompaypalinnigeria..com
Re: #deltadecides: Ogboru Steps Down For O'tega Emerhor, To Defect From LP To APC by me1234: 5:20am On Apr 07, 2015
What impact will this have on the chances of Dr Okowa of the PDP?
Re: #deltadecides: Ogboru Steps Down For O'tega Emerhor, To Defect From LP To APC by teemanbastos(m): 7:08am On Apr 07, 2015
guass:
That shows some levels of maturity on the side of Ogboru. I left him long ago when I discovered that Great Ogboru was politically myopic and was interested in failures.
lol...e wan do lyk Buhari.
When he didnt join forces with ACN and odas..he was a failure but when he did..it worked out.
Xo mayb Ogboru tinks dat'l also work 4 im.. cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Serious Xenophobic Attack In South Africa,inform Your Relatives If Any And Share / How 700 Million Dollars Of Raw Cash Found In Petroleum Ministers House / How I Survived Cancer – Okonjo-iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.