Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Igbo Myopic Thinking Has Denied Us Senate Presidency----gov. Rochas Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Myopic Thinking Has Denied Us Senate Presidency----gov. Rochas Okorocha (947 Views)

Army Report: Senior Military Officers Denied US, UK Visas Over Rights Abuses / Those Calling For Saraki’s Resignation Are Myopic, Ignorant – APC / Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Myopic Thinking Has Denied Us Senate Presidency----gov. Rochas Okorocha by phaulzoe(m): 5:45am On Apr 07, 2015
The Imo state governor, Rochas Okorocha on Thursday blamed Igbo leaders of what he called “unholy acts” which has now denied the region the chance to produce either a Senate president or the Speaker of the House of Representatives in June.

The All Progressives Congress lost all senatorial and House of Representatives elections held in the region.

Ngigie, Okorocha, Buhari and Yemi Osinbajo
All 15 senatorial districts in the five states, Anambra, Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo were picked by the candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party.

However, with the victory by Muhummadu Buhari from the North and his South West deputy, Yemi Osinbajo, the Senate president position would have normally gone to the South East but for the outcome of the elections.

After Thursday’s Owerri rally organised by the South East APC to celebrate Buhari’s victory, the Imo state governor, Rochas Okorocha, said that the region should have elected a ranking senator or member of the House of the Representatives on the platform of the party to occupy either of the positions if PDP leaders from the zone had not engineered the rigging of the National Assembly election held the same day with that of the presidency.

He said that the former governor, Chris Ngige, or the former senator, Osita Izunaso, both of whom contested the election, would have been elected Senate president if they were not rigged out at the election.

He said, “The South East is entitled to either the Senate President or the Speaker of the Federal House. But as I speak to you now because of the unholy act of last Saturday they (Igbo leaders) have not been able to give us any ranking member of the Senate or ranking member of the Federal House.
“You cannot be a Senate President, you cannot be a Speaker unless you are somebody who has been there before. It is our plan that Osita Izunaso should go to the Senate, Ngige should go to Senate.
“Gentlemen, the truth is that one of them should have been Senate President of Nigeria. But our people, in their myopic thinking, in the smallness of their brain could not see the light and today this act of theirs has denied Ndigbo the Senate President, this act has denied Ndigbo the Speaker of the Federal House. I weep, I weep that this kind of thing can be allowed to happen here.”

Okorocha said that politics in the North is quite different from the kind of politics being exhibited by South East leaders.

“This kind of thing could not happen in Kano, it could not happen in Sokoto,” he said.
“But here in Igbo land they use soldiers to kill their people. It is our political leaders who sponsored this unholy act and we shall hold them responsible for every blood dropped during this election.
“We know them and they know we know them. They can be having their children abroad and be killing the poor people here. We will resist it and we will say no. “

The governor accused Igbo leaders of manipulating results and trying to give 1.3 million votes to Jonathan in Imo state “but for our resistance they could not do it”.

He stressed, “It is not true that anyone defeated Buhari in Imo State. He won this election in this state. The nonsense is over. We have the details of all that happened in INEC headquarters. It will be embarrassing if we show all that happened to the world.”

Ngige explained how he was rigged out of the polls in which he lost to a serving member of the House of Representatives, Uche Ekwunife of the PDP.

He said that one of his agents was kidnapped and the collation order was also kidnapped.

According to the former governor, “The only thing I want to assure you people is that you have lost nothing. General Buhari has won the election. APC will form the next national government. We are going to recover all these seats, all the allocation they gave to us. ,they allocated to me 20 votes from Anambra central and Buhari 17, 960 votes for the all of Anambra, Tell me how is it possible??
The APC has loss all the Senatorial seat in the South-East and accussed PDP of rigging the election in the region.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Myopic Thinking Has Denied Us Senate Presidency----gov. Rochas Okorocha by Splashme: 5:48am On Apr 07, 2015
[size=14pt]Okorocha should use another topic for his campaign. This 'Senate Presidency' talk cannot deliver Ndigbo to APC, never!

Senate Presidency is not new to Igbo. As at the last count, Ndigbo has had about six former Senate Presidents and nothing special about it.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Igbo Myopic Thinking Has Denied Us Senate Presidency----gov. Rochas Okorocha by shortgun(m): 5:50am On Apr 07, 2015
To hell with the Senate president! We don't need it.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Myopic Thinking Has Denied Us Senate Presidency----gov. Rochas Okorocha by BlackTechnology: 5:51am On Apr 07, 2015
The worst SE governor who failed to industrialized IMO State. angry

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Myopic Thinking Has Denied Us Senate Presidency----gov. Rochas Okorocha by phaulzoe(m): 5:53am On Apr 07, 2015
Hahahaha......... If i hear say igbos no nid am
Re: Igbo Myopic Thinking Has Denied Us Senate Presidency----gov. Rochas Okorocha by phaulzoe(m): 5:54am On Apr 07, 2015
No b day b4 yesterday 3 senator 1 defect go APC from south east bcus of d post of senate president.....
Re: Igbo Myopic Thinking Has Denied Us Senate Presidency----gov. Rochas Okorocha by modath(f): 5:55am On Apr 07, 2015
shortgun:

Not true,you want it with everything in you,you are all pretending hoping it will be offered to you on a platter of gold.

BlackTechnology:
The worst SE governor who failed to industrialized IMO State. angry

What about Ohakim? Prior to this election,I've never heard anything bad about Okorocha, stop crying more than the bereaved.
Re: Igbo Myopic Thinking Has Denied Us Senate Presidency----gov. Rochas Okorocha by BlackTechnology: 6:00am On Apr 07, 2015
modath:

Not true,you want it with everything in you,you are all pretending hoping it will be offered to you on a platter of gold.

What about Ohakim? Prior to this election,I've never heard anything bad about Okorocha, stop crying more than the bereaved.

Political olodo

Go to IMO state and confirm what I am saying.
Re: Igbo Myopic Thinking Has Denied Us Senate Presidency----gov. Rochas Okorocha by shortgun(m): 6:07am On Apr 07, 2015
modath:

How will an Igbo Senate president better our lots?
Go to Benue state where d current Senate president is from and see how workers salaries have not been paid for months, you will see so many families mourning because of the activities of Fulani herdsmen there.

If you understand Nigeria's politics, you will know that a Senate president is just a ceremonial head even the Vice president.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Myopic Thinking Has Denied Us Senate Presidency----gov. Rochas Okorocha by ElekeNtioba: 6:18am On Apr 07, 2015
phaulzoe:
No b day b4 yesterday 3 senator 1 defect go APC from south east bcus of d post of senate president.....

who are d senators pls?
Re: Igbo Myopic Thinking Has Denied Us Senate Presidency----gov. Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 6:23am On Apr 07, 2015
Okorocha, but I thought your foresight was to deliver the President's set to Igbo, excuse me, YOU?
Was that not why joined the APC!

Anyway, our problem is not the Senate Presidency!

Do you know our heart beats?
I guess you don't really care!
Re: Igbo Myopic Thinking Has Denied Us Senate Presidency----gov. Rochas Okorocha by sayyid(m): 6:27am On Apr 07, 2015
if sum1s own no spoil hw will sum1s own betta? D Igbos dnt need it bt we NC need it
Saraki 4 Senate president joor
Re: Igbo Myopic Thinking Has Denied Us Senate Presidency----gov. Rochas Okorocha by praxisnetworks: 6:31am On Apr 07, 2015
hmmm these easterners don't disappoint always talking b4 thinking!

noblezone:
Okorocha, but I thought your foresight was to deliver the President's set to Igbo, excuse me, YOU?
Was that not why joined the APC!
Anyway, our problem is not the Senate Presidency!
Do you know our heart beats?
I guess you don't really care!

shortgun:

Splashme:
[size=14pt]Okorocha should use another topic for his campaign. This 'Senate Presidency' talk cannot deliver Ndigbo to APC, never!
Senate Presidency is not new to Igbo. As at the last count, Ndigbo has had about six former Senate Presidents and nothing special about it.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Igbo Myopic Thinking Has Denied Us Senate Presidency----gov. Rochas Okorocha by DPointMan(m): 6:42am On Apr 07, 2015
Splashme:

[/size]

This is exactly the "myopic thinking" he was referring to. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Myopic Thinking Has Denied Us Senate Presidency----gov. Rochas Okorocha by Truth24(m): 7:01am On Apr 07, 2015
DPointMan:

This is exactly the "myopic thinking" he was referring to. SMH
U're d one been myopia if u couldn't see sense in wat d guy u just quoted said
Re: Igbo Myopic Thinking Has Denied Us Senate Presidency----gov. Rochas Okorocha by phaulzoe(m): 3:01am On Apr 08, 2015
Abah! Igbos fall hand.................they are gonna lose d position of senate pres. and speaker cheaply like dat and u kon say make okorocha no talk

(1) (Reply)

Imo Decides: Okorocha Finally Wins Guber Polls / Nigeria Oil Company Overpaid Govt $750M - Audit / Buhari Will Not Impose NA Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.